Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. (778 Views)

Supreme Court: Nigerians Are The Bigger Losers, Not Me – Atiku / Bring Back My Money, Atiku Cry Out After Disgraceful Rally In Borno / 2019: Go And Settle With Your God, Not Me; Atiku Tells Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by ObserversTimes: 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2018
The Observers Times | Lagos

Peoples Democratic Party PDP Presidential Aspirant and Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has attributed his previous failed  attempts to clinch the nation’s number one job to what he called ‘conspiracy theory of the political elite’.

Atiku, who is seeking to become the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said his refusal to be used by the elite to satisfy their personal aspirations as well as their belief that he is too independent and principled are part of the reasons they don’t support him.

Speaking at the PDP presidential nomination media chat in Abuja, Atiku said, “If you are not going to be used, if you are not going to satisfy their personal aspiration.

Part of the problem they (elite) have with me, is that they say I am independent, principled and so on.
Unfortunately the Nigeria public is not politically sophisticated to override the conspiracy of these political elite. They rely on the political elite to direct them”.

Atiku, who has defected to several political parties, has been contesting to become president since 2007 when he left office as vice president. He however promised to initiate economic reforms that would open up the country to foreign investors if elected as president in the February 16, 2019 general elections.

He lamented that most of the gains recorded by the Olusegun Obasanjo administration under which he served as vice president and head of the economic team, have been eroded by successive administrations. The presidential aspirant, who blamed policy somersault for the economic woes in the country, said he would use his experience in the private sector to restore the country to growth path if given the chance to govern.

According to him, the present administration of Muhammadu Buhari has failed to deliver its three cardinal campaign promises of fighting corruption, security and fixing the economy.

“When we came in in 1999 a barrel of crude oil was less than 10 dollars in the market, we met less than $5billion in our foreign reserve. With all that, we were still able to manage the economy of the country to the extent that we paid all our foreign debt and became debt free, reform policies. We were able to turn around the economy then, so I don’t think is an impossible task to do now. If we given the opportunity, I believe it is doable. “I believe I have the experience and the capacity to deal with these issues more than any one of them, because I have dealt with them before.

I assembled the best economic team with that we went well and everybody attested to what we have done in those eight years.

We liberalised the economy, we expanded the private sector’s participation and try to limit government to the necessary issues. If these policies we started were continued, today we will have been in a better country. “So I believe we need somebody who can come and continue with these policies so that we can bring back our prosperity, create more jobs for our unemployed youths.

The most important thing is who can put this country back on the path of growth, I believe and I am so sure that am that person,” he said.
Source
Re: Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by Shelumiel: 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2018
A man who milked Nigeria dry wants to become president? Never !
Re: Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by royalamour(m): 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2018
Shelumiel:

Where's your proof?

3 Likes

Re: Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by Shelumiel: 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2018
royalamour:

Where's your proof?
Ask Obasanjo and the The USA. They will tell you better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by positivelord: 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2018
All I know is that Atiku is far better than Herdsman we have now...

2 Likes

Re: Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by kestolove95(m): 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2018
Atiku! Continue lying
Re: Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by Ganzagangan: 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
positivelord:
All I know is that Atiku is far better than Herdsman we have now...

All I know is that you must a yannnmiri.
Re: Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by speedyGonzales: 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2018
Shelumiel:
Ask Obasanjo and the The USA. They will tell you better

Hate to break your bubble but America does not care about Nigeria, they only care about their own interest. I would not be so quick to trust America's judgement because it is in the interest of America that Nigeria remains poor, backwards and dependent on the west, that way it is easy to manage.

As for OBJ vs Atiku, who is more worthy of trust? of-course Atiku because he was a major opposition to OBJ's third term ambitions.

1 Like

Re: Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by KanwuliaExtra: 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2018
You should be used to it na’
Haba! undecided

No one GOOD can smell the seat of presidency’
Yep! It is a SHYTE HOLE CURSE.
I warned ya not to waste ya time right DADDY? wink
Re: Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by gaby(m): 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2018
Wahala full ground....

All of a sudden Atiku has become one of us and no longer an elite (Political).

This is what we call wonderment.

Well, my dear people who are the opposite of political elites, let's give our newest and latest member Alhaji Atiku Abubakar a resounding round of applause and a rousing welcome.

Do not forget to teach him our codes on how to endure and swallow beatings from the elites seeing how we've become experts at managing whatever they throw at us.

He's still a neophyte to the club so do well to show him some love.

Mad people wey dey parade themselves as leaders.
Re: Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by nazicartel(m): 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2018
Atiku is very Happy forget the noise, don't worry they will give you the ticket
Re: Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by tuniski: 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2018
Shelumiel:
Stop this baseless accusation.

1 Like

Re: Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by yarimo(m): 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2018
tuniski:

Stop this baseless accusation.
shaataap
Re: Political Elites Are Gathering Against Me , Atiku Cry Out. by tuniski: 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2018
yarimo:
shaataap
Who is This?

(1) (Reply)

Ogun APC Primaries / 2019: Reason Why Atiku Rejected SE leaders Candidate / Hon. Josiah Ohiwerei’s Passing: Obaseki Commiserates With Family, Salutes Cont..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.