Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries (44104 Views)

INEC Declares Sanwo-Olu Winner In Lagos / Clement Ebri NWC Panel Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primary / Why I Declared Babajide Sanwo-olu Winner – APC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by Ajibel(m): 6:20am On Oct 03, 2018
With Sanwo-olu polling close to 970,000 votes, if there are actually close to that amount of figure that really voted for him, then APC has got no worry about losing the forthcoming election in Lagos.
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by Babatundebaabs(m): 6:21am On Oct 03, 2018
Pay back is a bitch. I guess same thing dat was done to Faahola condidate back den was dsame tin happened to Ambode. Na yoruna adage, na person wey no as u come, go sabi ur way to go. But 4 years is enough na. The title remains forever.
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by Jrevelation(m): 6:23am On Oct 03, 2018
that is tinubu decision not peoples vote

i dont know the reason God is still pitying this country
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 03, 2018
Niyi9002:
Naija politics na wa o. In 2015 Ambode had 811,994 votes to win Lagos while in 2018, Sanwo Olu is having 970,851 in ordinary primaries lol.
No so we see am ooo
The loophole is just too glaring

2 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by NoToPile: 6:24am On Oct 03, 2018
Rumicarter:
If Ambode had done his job, there would be no need for Sanwo-olu. After Fashola's first 4years, baba shrunk and developed grey hair from too much work, you could see bags under his eyes everytime. This Ambode just came and started growing cheeks everyday like he came to have fun, using our money to buy beer at Quilox.
cheesy

Chai Nigerians ehn loool

It's like he stepped on too many toes, as for me he shouldn't have held that press conference and even if he did not all those emotional outburst.

You are right about Fashola

I think this shows that people are watching sha and 2nd term is not automatic that's what I like about this whole stuff. Sanwo olu has to set another pace, if the party members feel he doesn't perform they will vote him out again and impose another person.

Let's see what Sanwo olu will do.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by ednut1(m): 6:24am On Oct 03, 2018
Nigeria can never develop no be mouth. He refused to share d loot reach party members side so he got done

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by seunmsg(m): 6:25am On Oct 03, 2018
Austindark:
This results clearly shows that godfatherism has eaten deep into our democracy.
APC can't fight it.
Adams oshiomole campaigned against godfatherism in Edo state but why he accept this result is still a mystery to me.

Shame!!!

You mean the party chairman should not accept the result of a validly conducted party primary election? What's bad in respecting the choice of party members?
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by pawesome(m): 6:25am On Oct 03, 2018
humblesteve:

I lives here and needs no one to tell me. I'm no one's asslicker
so you guys trust Tinubu to provide someone better than Ambode? And you no ass licker?
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by frugal(m): 6:29am On Oct 03, 2018
Onlinealaba:
For Ambode to have pull such amount of votes then its show there is still hope for him if he eventually defects, him defecting to PDP might be the end of his political career with the likes of Jimi Agbaje and Femi Otedola eyeing the position in PDP(a case study of osun election) . In this case his chances now hangs on a balance of probability. I wish him good luck tho, this is the only chance to topple jagaban .
He should defect. But not to PDP. This will would give PDP a fighting chance of winning Lagos. Because votes would now be split.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by chibuthanks: 6:32am On Oct 03, 2018
ABOUT 1M VOTE IS D DIFFERENCE BTW GOVERNORSHIP AND PRESIDENTIAL APC PRIMARY ELECTION WHICH CLEARLY SHOWS DAT BUBU HAS ALREADY BEEN PROGRAM TO RIG D 2019 ELECTIONS .A VERY BIG SHAME TO BOTH INEC AND APC
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by Standardcosting(m): 6:38am On Oct 03, 2018
brixton:
Shameless people! No matter how bad Ambode has fallen in the past weeks, A sitting governor would comfortably suppose mere 70k votes in his state.

Why make the rigging so obvious?
There were no rigging, get your facts right.

It was an open ballot system, you simply queue and get counted.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by Amumaigwe: 6:39am On Oct 03, 2018
Bobby4090:
Buhari, Osibanjo and Oshiomole are doing their best to void this nomination. They may end up causing a crises in Lagos that they never anticipated. The hatred/jealousy of Tinubu is driving them. But one thing i observed this time around is that the disaffection of Ambode started from the masses, not from Tinubu. Ambode could have still lost even the f Tinubu supported him cos not even the poor likes heaps of refuse in front of their houses or roads filled with pot holes.
This time around, its not just Tinubu they should fight. It's a fight that will engulf all of Lagos and Nigeria if care is not taken. Mark my words. Small things like this are how June 12 started.

Slaves everywhere! Where are the pot holes and refuse dumps? We the free voters in lagos will gladly vote for Ambode enmass anywhere he chooses to pitch his tents. Not everyone is Tinubu's minion. He also has one vote to cast.
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by kennypoka2(m): 6:43am On Oct 03, 2018
Luciferlove:
Most times we are enemies to our selves...How can one man wield so much power.

I see why the north are ahead of us politically.

They are ahead politically, we are ahead structure wise, infrastructural wise, development wise. I can boldly say, our society is better than theirs.. So please, who politically help

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by nduka84(m): 6:44am On Oct 03, 2018
When will lagoshians ever grow the balls to free themselves from the captivity and enslavement of tinubu ? Ambode is a man whom God has chosen to extricate lagoshians from tinubu's enslavement and exploitation, but instead of supporting ambode, they are busy supporting tinubu. This makes me remember the saying of an American slave abolitionist. " I would have freed more slaves, if only they knew they were slaves." .
People blame ambode for not repairring roads, but many of this roads they complain about, fall under the jurisdiction of local governments. Local government chairmen have refused to repair roads under their jurisdictions, Cus they know many lagosians a gullible and doesn't know their left from their right. Most lagoshians don't even know that many of the abolished PSP rickety trucks were owned by local government chairmen. And some other APC party members, who are now pained that ambode has taken away their income generating avenue. We all know that PSP was not so very forthcoming with the services they were rendering to lagosians. Most of their trucks were old and rickety, and most at times , this trucks break down on the streets roads for months, after collecting heeps of smelly refuse, which pose great hazard to lagoshians, and the community at large. Yet this people collect huge sums of monies from the government without rendering proper and adequate services to the populace.
The gang up against ambode is purely, for personal selfish interests of those we see Lagos and her citizens, as their personal properties, and business center.
A slave can only be free whenever he or she realizes that he or she were a slave, and strives to be free.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by jolyment: 6:45am On Oct 03, 2018
Luciferlove:

Which North? Political god fathers are here in the north too.
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by victorian(f): 6:47am On Oct 03, 2018
LyfeJennings:

There was no rigging
Ambode was so badly behaved
That guy hurt a lot of people
Made families homeless
He is very vindictive
Abeg let him go

So I heard too.

Yoruba friends I spoke to about ambode, they don't like what he turned Lagos into.
Alot of discouraging things was said about ambode while fashola was praised.

It's a pity, ambode is leaving office with his tail inbetween his legs
Most Yoruba's In Lagos state don't like him, they said he destroyed the good works fashola left behind.

Sorry ambode, next time. You won't bite the fingers that fed u.

U will stick to the rules of the game.

I wonder if he will appear in his office building today.. Na wa sad

2 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by jmaine: 6:48am On Oct 03, 2018
seunmsg:

You mean the party chairman should not accept the result of a validly conducted party primary election? What's bad in respecting the choice of party members?

Choice of party members where thugs were used to disenfranchise opposing voters to the bourdilion idol reminiscent of the Osun rerun.
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by SoNature(m): 6:48am On Oct 03, 2018
Bobby4090:
Buhari, Osibanjo and Oshiomole are doing their best to void this nomination. They may end up causing a crises in Lagos that they never anticipated. The hatred/jealousy of Tinubu is driving them. But one thing i observed this time around is that the disaffection of Ambode started from the masses, not from Tinubu. Ambode could have still lost even the f Tinubu supported him cos not even the poor likes heaps of refuse in front of their houses or roads filled with pot holes.
This time around, its not just Tinubu they should fight. It's a fight that will engulf all of Lagos and Nigeria if care is not taken. Mark my words. Small things like this are how June 12 started.

If you are a Yoruba guy living in Lagos, then you lots are shameless

I remember when u people were praising Ambode for the pictures of his works on nairaland.

You lots even attacked other tribes that criticized him here, asking them to in your word "return to your poto-poto region"

Suddenly, you guys have turned around to rake him over the coals just because Tinubu wants him booted out!

If you are one of those who did that, you guys are so shameless, to say the least.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by tete7000(m): 6:48am On Oct 03, 2018
Their headache, their problem. Ambode himself benefitted from that type of system. So why crying foul when the same system is used to unseat him? They are all birds of a feather that flock together. It's the ordinary innocent man on the street who is being cheated.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by nice360: 6:49am On Oct 03, 2018
brixton:
Shameless people! No matter how bad Ambode has fallen in the past weeks, A sitting governor would comfortably suppose mere 70k votes in his state.

Why make the rigging so obvious?
Lagos is a movement and a process included, That's why we Lagosians speak in one voice. I don't think this is about God fatherism, Favoritism or election rigging, it is just the clear thought of we the people.
if you could remember not every body belief in him including my Leader (Fashola) but had to canvass and mobilize the masses to vote for him for peace to rein and for the progressive vision not to collapse but Ambode said No, he can do it alone without the masses and we said okay if ur single vote can superceded that of the masses let's go head to head and you can see the out come.
I bet you even if Asiwaju endorse A+ for second term, the vote he will gather will not be up to 200,000. yes 200,000 I reapeat.
Tinubu is a leader that has a listening ear and that why he most time speak the mind of the people of Lagosians. we complain bitterly about Ambode but he refused to change is ways.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by awa(m): 6:50am On Oct 03, 2018
Afonja and eye service....
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by seyiseyi84: 6:51am On Oct 03, 2018
This election na WA oooo are they telling us that a p member in Lagos reach 1.5m
Politics is tinubu tinubu is politics
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 03, 2018
Luciferlove:

You Have Said It All Bros
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by bareal(m): 7:01am On Oct 03, 2018
Bobby4090:

Thesame masses that were praising him some few months back abi?

ohhh I give up for this nation. awon baba sope.
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by LyfeJennings(m): 7:02am On Oct 03, 2018
victorian:

So I heard too.

Yoruba friends I spoke to about ambode, they don't like what he turned Lagos into.
Alot of discouraging things was said about ambode while fashola was praised.

It's a pity, ambode is leaving office with his tail inbetween his legs
Most Yoruba's In Lagos state don't like him, they said he destroyed the good works fashola left behind.

Sorry ambode, next time. You won't bite the fingers that fed u.

U will stick to the rules of the game.

I wonder if he will appear in his office building today.. Na wa sad

Baba this guy is a wicked bastard
All the contractors Fashola left behind
This guy didn't pay them
All the construction Fashola left behind
This guy neglected them
HE sacked 33 Permanent secretaries.
Isn't that madness
Ambode is very cruel from gist o
He is very very very cruel from gist.
Thank God he was chased out

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by bareal(m): 7:03am On Oct 03, 2018
elmodee7:
there was no election in Lagos. Sanwo-maga and his thugs intimated and beat up ambodes supporters. what a shame.

What do you expect from a crack-head? cheesy

A nor talk o
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by LyfeJennings(m): 7:03am On Oct 03, 2018
bareal:

Thesame masses that were praising him some few months back abi?

ohhh I give up for this nation. awon baba sope.

No one was praising him o
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by Austindark(m): 7:04am On Oct 03, 2018
seunmsg:

Party members that had been skewed and polarised toward a preconceived direction...

Godfatherism is the problem here and it is a bane of democracy.

Well I am not disappointed since I never say APC as the messiah.
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by Okezedan(m): 7:05am On Oct 03, 2018
I don't know what Ambode did wrong but his treatment is very unfair
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by sogodihno: 7:07am On Oct 03, 2018
All this people calling yoruba back staber, traitor etc do not get it, saying Yorubas are praising Ambode few weeks ago, the question you need to ask is, praising Ambode against what standard, if it's base on Nigeria standard he is the best Governor and that's what has been happening here in the past, I remembered a thread then where people are debating about the best Governor in each region(west,east, north and south, middle belt and north east) and the best and worst governor in Nigeria as a whole, base on this standard Ambode has performed.

But base on Lagos standard and that of his predecessor, Ambode is nothing close to the best. The recent outcry against Ambode now is in comparison to his predecessor not Nigerians governor. U should know that Lagos is a country on his whole, the performance of Ambode so far can be better than the best Governor Abia have ever had for example, but base on Lagos standard it is no no. we are progressive.

And those that want to die on Tinubu matter, remember he did not put gun on anyone's head to vote Sanwo-Olu. Tinubu might not be able to save Ambode after all. And note that this is the same kind of system that produce Ambode himself, so why crying foul now?

Omo odudua ni mi.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by KOLLYPROF(m): 7:08am On Oct 03, 2018
See margin, why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products / Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts / Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.