Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries (44103 Views)

INEC Declares Sanwo-Olu Winner In Lagos / Clement Ebri NWC Panel Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primary / Why I Declared Babajide Sanwo-olu Winner – APC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by Rumicarter: 7:49am On Oct 03, 2018
victorian:

Yes! I remember it was free ride on every public holidays to wherever anyone is going. One won't pay a dime. Free! Completely free for everyone.

U can imagine? But it's no longer like that.

Ambode's sins were just too many. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by peacettw: 7:50am On Oct 03, 2018
olumide4christ:

Very true...they say absolute power corrupts absolutely!
Even his campaign manager for 2015 election voted against him in yesterday's primaries. The man was interviewed on TV yesterday and was complaining bitterly.
Like Tinubu said on TV, how possible is it to buy all the crowds that came out yesterday for the primaries?
The TV reporters interviewed many ordinary people who came to vote and their complaints were almost the same..same as mine...deplorable roads, heaps of refuse everywhere, spending multi billions of naira building monumental bus stops & terminals for BRT and pedestrian bridges while abandoning the streets and roads....
For Ambode to lack the foresight to see that this was coming means that he truly believed he was above it all and needed no one. That degree of arrogance can only come from hardcore sycophants. I truly pity him.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by jy2kbeyond(m): 7:51am On Oct 03, 2018
sogodihno:
All this people calling yoruba back staber, traitor etc do not get it, saying Yorubas are praising Ambode few weeks ago, the question you need to ask is, praising Ambode against what standard, if it's base on Nigeria standard he is the best Governor and that's what has been happening here in the past, I remembered a thread then where people are debating about the best Governor in each region(west,east, north and south, middle belt and north east) and the best and worst governor in Nigeria as a whole, base on this standard Ambode has performed.

But base on Lagos standard and that of his predecessor, Ambode is nothing close to the best. The recent outcry against Ambode now is in comparison to his predecessor not Nigerians governor. U should know that Lagos is a country on his whole, the performance of Ambode so far can be better than the best Governor Abia have ever had for example, but base on Lagos standard it is no no. we are progressive.

And those that want to die on Tinubu matter, remember he did not put gun on anyone's head to vote Sanwo-Olu. Tinubu might not be able to save Ambode after all. And note that this is the same kind of system that produce Ambode himself, so why crying foul now?

Omo odudua ni mi.

Facts Only...God bless you bro
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by iasuccess(m): 7:52am On Oct 03, 2018
[quote author=izyc88 post=71732552]s
The Chairman of the Lagos State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress , Mr . Tunde Balogun , on Tuesday night declared Mr . Babajide Sanwo -Olu as the winner of the party ’ s governorship primary .
Balogun declared that Sanwo - Olu polled 970 ,851 votes to defeat incumbent Governor Akinwunmi Ambode with 72 , 901 votes .
Balogun declared the election free and fair , thanking members of the party for coming out to vote .
Earlier in the day , the National Working Committee panel sent from Abuja to oversee the election had declared the primary invalid.
The panel , led by Mr . Clement Ebri, said the primary could not have held because the modality for its conduct was still being ironed out . But Balogun insisted that the poll held and it was valid .
“ It is my pleasure and delight to read the result of the election , conducted all over Lagos State, in all the 245 wards, to the public .
“ The results are as follows : Governor Akinwunmi Ambode recorded 72 ,901 votes; Mr . Babajide Sanwo- Olu had 970 , 851 votes .
“ Mr . Babajide Sanwo -Olu is the winner of today’ s primary election , ” Balogun said .

https://punchng.com/breaking-balogun-defies-nwc-declares-sanwo-olu-winner-of-lagos-apc-primaries/[This people just finished Ambode completely. There is God o]
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by lastempero: 7:58am On Oct 03, 2018
I SEE A FACTIONAL APC

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by enonche85(m): 7:59am On Oct 03, 2018
Susu888:
Sorry Ambo! U don fvck up big time tongue u broke a very sacred law of power... u tried conquering ur Godfather* u challenged ur boss so sorry is ur case as ur boss is the Jagaban himself.

Ambode dint play his game toppling well. Tinubu tried this no return ticket thing on Fashola but it did not work.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by olumide4christ: 7:59am On Oct 03, 2018
Susu888:
Sorry Ambo! U don fvck up big time tongue u broke a very sacred law of power... u tried conquering ur Godfather* u challenged ur boss so sorry is ur case as ur boss is the Jagaban himself.

They say that you can't bite the finger that fed you.
Ambode came through a godfather..he was imposed on the party by Tinubu in 2014/15..Fashola then was pushing forth for a Sasore or Hamzat but Tinubu overruled him, brought in Ambode whom Fashola had earlier sacked from the civil service for bad conduct. Is that humiliating enough for Fashola? Yet Fashola gave up & campaigned for Ambode.
Now the godfather who imposed Ambode on the people now says he doesn't want Ambode again but let all members of the party decide. What's wrong in that? You came through a godfather system...you either abide by the dictates of the system OR you ship out! You can't eat your cake and have it. You can't conquer evil with evil. That's why people like us can't participate in Nigerian politics for now.
If you want to defeat godfatherism, then build your own political structure from scratch...start your own political movement...like Kwankwaso's Kwankwasiya movement and grow from there. You may not win an election immediately but after many tries you'll get there. This is the best way for younger politicians to move up the ladder and not be subject to godfatherism.
You can't ride on someone else's political structure and expect to overthrow him in the same vane. That's backstabbing/double crossing/two timing!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by tollyboy5(m): 7:59am On Oct 03, 2018
emerged01:

Who are the we? Oga speak for yourself.
Indigenous people of logos East epe all the way. Lagoon state is not new topic only that those in lagos don't know anything about Indigenous people fight.
Who are you? Identify yourself
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by tollyboy5(m): 8:02am On Oct 03, 2018
Focusmind:

Is that all you have to say? Division, cut- out, secession, demarcation and separation. That's the type of political demand common with you people
Which people? Bros Epe people or I don't understand better say what you know very well.
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by hush15: 8:04am On Oct 03, 2018
Luciferlove:
Most times we are enemies to our selves...How can one man wield so much power.

I see why the north are ahead of us politically.

Thats the problem. Its not power. Its fictional figures cos the strategy is point blank. instigate violence. violence instigate fear, fear chases away opponent votes, then cook up the numbers.

Yesterday, i was driving through Alausa where the said primary took place and when i noticed cameras and fights and all that, i turned into iyallah street to come out at kaffi street, i noticed some ladies where saying they didnt allow people to vote ambode that they were instructed to vote Sanwo of which they were giving money, saying in yoruba that Ambo ko bo mo o.Just as i drove past them will they chatting with other locals, i saw a man who had like 20 thugs shouting and even quarrelling among themselves on sharing the oney baba gave to them that they know its up 1million naira. This i heard o, not was told o. i havent mention another video that was posted on a whatsapp group where pro ambode voters where intimidated such that they werent allowed to vote.

So tell me, would one call such elections credible. Foisting someone on millions of people just because of a few interest. Its sad and unfortunate and would be worst if we dont correct this anomaly
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by olumide4christ: 8:09am On Oct 03, 2018
Standardcosting:

There were no rigging, get your facts right.

It was an open ballot system, you simply queue and get counted.

Abeg tell them ooo..every thing was captured on TV yesterday...some people just comment based on emotions and not facts on the ground!
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by ModsareChevres: 8:09am On Oct 03, 2018
Many Nairalanders are not smart.

Bunch of ignorami.

Only the NWC can declare a winner in the primary and not Lagos APC.

This is just a show of shame and desperation... sad
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by mradjoy(m): 8:14am On Oct 03, 2018
[quote author=iasuccess post=71738209][/quote]

I hear from a source (unreliable) that the governor gave them N4billion.
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by val15: 8:18am On Oct 03, 2018
I Milion plus voters by Apc members just for primaries. .These people Sabi rigging no be small.in 2019 dem fit give baba 250 million votes forgetting na 180 million naija dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by mradjoy(m): 8:19am On Oct 03, 2018
hush15:

Thats the problem. Its not power. Its fictional figures cos the strategy is point blank. instigate violence. violence instigate fear, fear chases away opponent votes, then cook up the numbers.

Yesterday, i was driving through Alausa where the said primary took place and when i noticed cameras and fights and all that, i turned into iyallah street to come out at kaffi street, i noticed some ladies where saying they didnt allow people to vote ambode that they were instructed to vote Sanwo of which they were giving money, saying in yoruba that Ambo ko bo mo o.Just as i drove past them will they chatting with other locals, i saw a man who had like 20 thugs shouting and even quarrelling among themselves on sharing the oney baba gave to them that they know its up 1million naira. This i heard o, not was told o. i havent mention another video that was posted on a whatsapp group where pro ambode voters where intimidated such that they werent allowed to vote.

So tell me, would one call such elections credible. Foisting someone on millions of people just because of a few interest. Its sad and unfortunate and would be worst if we dont correct this anomaly

Forget sentiment, Ambode was also foisted on millions of people about 4 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 03, 2018
Austindark:
This results clearly shows that godfatherism has eaten deep into our democracy.
APC can't fight it.
Adams oshiomole campaigned against godfatherism in Edo state but why he accepts this result is still a mystery to me.

Shame!!!
Did he become a governor by his own making ? Did "godfatherism" not play a major role in him becoming a governor? Why is it a problem now?

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by olumide4christ: 8:29am On Oct 03, 2018
Banter1:
I don't give a care about what you think, but ambode deserve a second term in office. A [b]first time Christian Governor in Lagos [/b]booted out like this? its about time lagosians clip Tinubu i mean TINUBU wings. Now the children of hatred, khalid and Arab worshippers can quote me and remain poor for life Amen.

Sir...I'm a Christian too...but if Ambode is truly a Christian, why did he boot out the Reverend Chaplain (and his family) of the church at Alausa because the man decided to serve holy communion to people who were first on the queue but didn't serve his wife first because she was behind in the queue? I'm told she left the church angrily because the priest didn't honour her by serving her first and subsequently the chaplain was removed from the position and evicted from his house!
Is that what the bible preaches Is that what Jesus taught us to do?? Capital NO!
So quit this Christian matter!
Is the bible not clear about our stance towards being men pleasers or having respect unto men?
What kind of Christian are you if you don't abide by God's word? If 10% of Nigerians who claim to be Christians are doing what the bible says, Nigeria would have been far better than what it is now!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by marvinsync(m): 8:33am On Oct 03, 2018
Luciferlove:
Most times we are enemies to our selves...How can one man wield so much power.

I see why the north are ahead of us politically.

ta, this can only happen in the south west
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by ivandragon: 8:34am On Oct 03, 2018
mradjoy:

He isn't clean either, that's why it's difficult for him to toe that path you advised.

right now, ambode has nothing to lose.

his political career in Lagos is dead for now.
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by franchasng: 8:35am On Oct 03, 2018
When it comes to inter city roads in Lagos, Ambode failed woefully because virtually all roads in Lagos are death traps filled with potholes.

But my anger is why didn't Yoruba people notice this since 3yrs ago and start screaming

Why were they praising Ambode as the best governor only to turn massively against him just because Tinubu said he doesn't want Ambode to continue

This fight is not about good governance or about the people of Lagos, it is about the pockets of Tinubu and his far reaching evil cohorts, political mercenaries and the likes.

What a shame for people that call themselves sophisticated in politics cry
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by winj3: 8:35am On Oct 03, 2018
The story is not over, EFCC awaits Ambode for even daring Tinubu...unless he dobale and begs for his life in this area boy politics!
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by ivandragon: 8:36am On Oct 03, 2018
Boyooosa:
Some Nigerians don't think...

true.
just as some keep sticking thier stinky noses in issues they don't understand.
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by olumide4christ: 8:37am On Oct 03, 2018
BestDude:
they threatened voters. It was caught live on video that nobody should vote for Ambode by order of Tinubu. I am not exaggerating.

Kindly show the video or keep quiet!
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by wonder233: 8:38am On Oct 03, 2018
There was no election. What happened yesterday was a jamboree and an effort in sheer futility. All over the country , accross all political parties, primaries are conducted by committees raised by the national exco. No state exco can ever conduct a primary.
Those tinubu clowns and thugs say they are conducting primaries? Primaries for who? For themselves. Clowns!
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by ollah2: 8:41am On Oct 03, 2018
mradjoy:

I felt bad about this too as a fellow christian, but Ambode never thought about being a christian when his wife single handedly remove that man of God from the church, was even thrown out of his residence just because the man of God failed to acknowledge the presence of governor's wife!
Remember this same man of God was there during Fashola administration, the pastor's removal didn't happen when a muslim was there, why did governor who happens to be a christian made it happened?

The law of karma has taken its cause full time.

When i say hypocrisy is a christian, some fooools would think i'm attacking them. Just imagine what that religious bigot said, it's obvious he a teenager to have said Ambode is the first Christian governor of Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by BestDude: 8:41am On Oct 03, 2018
olumide4christ:

Kindly show the video or keep quiet!
OK. Wait for it
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by olumide4christ: 8:47am On Oct 03, 2018
wonder233:
There was no election. What happened yesterday was a jamboree and an effort in sheer futility. All over the country , accross all political parties, primaries are conducted by committees raised by the national exco. No state exco can ever conduct a primary.
Those tinubu clowns and thugs say they are conducting primaries? Primaries for who? For themselves. Clowns!

The so-called committee who came from Abuja on Monday for this primaries were in their Protea Hotel provided by Ambode up till 2pm before holding a press conference to say there was no election.
Did the national APC send them to Lagos to come & relax in Protea Hotel or to oversee a primary...I ask?

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 03, 2018
LyfeJennings:

Baba this guy is a wicked bastard
All the contractors Fashola left behind
This guy didn't pay them
All the construction Fashola left behind
This guy neglected them
HE sacked 33 Permanent secretaries.
Isn't that madness
Ambode is very cruel from gist o
He is very very very cruel from gist.
Thank God he was chased out

Dude went as far as sacking Fashola's sister, and trying to evict Banire's 90 year old mother. He should go.
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by ReachHard: 8:51am On Oct 03, 2018
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by our9ja: 8:56am On Oct 03, 2018
Adams is The Godfather of Edo APC
Austindark:
This results clearly shows that godfatherism has eaten deep into our democracy.
APC can't fight it.
Adams oshiomole campaigned against godfatherism in Edo state but why he accepts this result is still a mystery to me.

Shame!!!
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by bareal(m): 9:07am On Oct 03, 2018
LyfeJennings:

No one was praising him o

I hope you are not new on Nairaland sha
Re: Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries by frozen70(f): 9:15am On Oct 03, 2018
The gods have decided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products / Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts / Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.