Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,850 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Things I Need From Nigerian Accountants – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things I Need From Nigerian Accountants – Buhari (351 Views)

Tinubu No Show: Booed At Nigerian Accountants’ Conference / 127 Soldiers Resign From Nigerian Army / Boko Haram Displays Armed Personnel Carrier Captured From Nigerian Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things I Need From Nigerian Accountants – Buhari by Wikiforum(m): 2:01am On Oct 03, 2018
President Muhammad Buhari has appealed to accountants and auditors in the country to assist in fighting corruption.

The President made the appeal on Tuesday in Abuja at the 48th Annual Accountants’ Conference of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).

Buhari was represented by the Minister of Budget and National Planning; Sen. Udoma Udo Udoma.

The President also urged ICAN members to deliberate on how they could contribute to support government efforts to reduce corruption and restore the economy

“In regards to fighting corruption you have a special contribution to make as accountants.

“Your members serving as accountants and auditors can bring to bear your special skills in ensuring that books and records are properly kept.

“Working closely with the statutory agencies responsible for fighting corruption, ICAN will no doubt assist government in its effort at fighting this national malaise,” he said.

Speaking on insecurity in the country, Buhari argued that fighting insecurity and other crimes required the collaboration and cooperation of every citizen.

He said that Nigerians had a shared responsibility to provide credible information to security agencies.

“We must preach and promote peace within our communities, hold on to the core values of honesty, probity, hard work and our neighbours’ keeper that defines us as people with esteemed values and as a nation where peace and justice reign.

“We must come together to condemn all forms of criminal activities and say NO to hate speech and acts that could destabilise the cooperate existence of our nation,” he said.

On the economy, Buhari said that his administration had put in place the right infrastructure to diversify the economy away from oil dependence.

Buhari said that the Social Investment Programme of the Federal Government was meant to provide support to the unemployed youth, the poor, the excluded and the vulnerable in the society.

https://wiki9ja.com.ng/gists/things-i-need-from-nigerian-accountants-in-fighting-corruption-buhari

Re: Things I Need From Nigerian Accountants – Buhari by Olanireti(m): 2:02am On Oct 03, 2018
Corruption fight that is one sided, is that one a corruption fight?

Fight corrupt people in your party, not only opposition party alone.
Re: Things I Need From Nigerian Accountants – Buhari by Midi02: 2:05am On Oct 03, 2018
Ah buhari. And you are still talking. I reserve my comment.
Re: Things I Need From Nigerian Accountants – Buhari by Blue3k(m): 5:11am On Oct 03, 2018
Hire them into IRS as audiotors to fight your war. Getting someone on tax evasion is easier than curruption. Strict compliance of reporting will sssidt in war. If they cant explain purchases and source
Of wealth they are cooked.

This would only work if they arent willfully incompetent like DSS hardly noticing who didnt finish NYSC. Copy USA style and you'll get high prosecution rate. They will take guilty plea deals just so they sit very long.
Re: Things I Need From Nigerian Accountants – Buhari by KanwuliaExtra: 5:14am On Oct 03, 2018
What a LIFELESS DUNCE! grin
Re: Things I Need From Nigerian Accountants – Buhari by RevenGeMission: 5:38am On Oct 03, 2018
God bless Nigeria

God bless me

God bless Buhari

Whoever stands against this nation should be and will be striken to death IJN
Re: Things I Need From Nigerian Accountants – Buhari by aolawale025: 5:42am On Oct 03, 2018
Nothing to offer.....as usual

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu VS Ambo ... No Biggy Joor / Oyo APC: Confusion Over Sudden Disappearance Of Electoral Committee Members / Let The Poor Rule, Not Too Young Bill Is Useless.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.