Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal (12163 Views)

Hausa Language Saved ThisDay Staff From Gunmen Attack / Lasema Gm, Dr. Femi Osanyintolu Involved In Forgery Case / UNIPORT SUG Presidential Aspirant Stabbed To Death By Own Brother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by adekunlebaj: 5:27am On Oct 03, 2018
CHRISTOPHER Isiguzo, presidential aspirant and two-time vice president at the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) has been sacked by ThisDay Newspapers, The ICIR has gathered.

Joseph Ushigiale, Managing Editor at ThisDay Newspapers, confirmed this development in a phone interview.

He said the decision was made following various enquiries from media practitioners who sought clarification on his qualifications. The paper thereafter discovered discrepancies in his documents after conducting a review.

“He was asked to explain and then he said he didn’t own those papers,” Ushigiale said. “He denied that the papers belong to him.”

From the management’s findings, when Isiguzo submitted a handwritten application in 2006 when he sought employment at the organisation, he wrote in it that he is an HND holder.

“And we decided that he has been very economical with the truth, because he has misled us in presenting documents that are not substantiated.”

Ushigiale also confirmed Isiguzo submitted documents which claimed he has an HND from the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, and a diploma from Hyles-Anderson College, United States, “and all of them were acquired the same year, which is not possible”.

When he was asked if the case would influence how the paper conducts recruitment exercises in the future and whether it would scrutinise the credentials of current employees, the Managing Editor replied affirmatively.

“We will have to review the entire employment process because it is possible there could be people who still parade fake documents,” he said.

“And, going forward, we will have to engage in maybe verification, or we have to be more strict in reviewing all the documents that are in our possession.”

Prior to his dismissal, Isiguzo worked at the newspaper as South East Bureau Chief.

Meanwhile, in a report published earlier on Tuesday, The ICIR had confirmed allegations that he forged some of his certificates, and stated that ThisDay newspaper issued him a query based on the allegations against him.

When Isiguzo was contacted on Monday, he alleged that Waheed Odusile, president of the NUJ, had paid for online reports against him in order to undermine his campaign.

“What is the interest that all of you have in me?” he had asked. “Waheed paid all of you to come and run me down, right? No, no, no, I know. Listen, listen. Of course, you acknowledged… you are a Yoruba-speaking [man] like him. He paid all of you because he knows he is going to be defeated on Thursday.”

He added that if he does not have a certificate, he will not be bold enough to stand for election.

Source: https://www.icirnigeria.org/exclusive-thisday-sacks-isiguzo-nuj-presidential-aspirant-caught-up-in-forgery-scandal/

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by cooldipo(m): 5:37am On Oct 03, 2018
Buhari can learn a lesson or two from this?

*this is not a body language something[size=8pt][/size]

3 Likes

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Bluezy13(m): 5:40am On Oct 03, 2018
The god of Certificate forgery on a purging mission.

Who's next ??

17 Likes

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by JudasNaCarrot: 6:13am On Oct 03, 2018
This certificate forgery thing is very serious o.

Many who parade with high level certificates from respected institutions may not actually be theirs..... same goes with NYSC certificates.

Nigeria my country.

5 Likes

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by adecz: 6:22am On Oct 03, 2018
You don dey use fake certificate
dey chop food since 2006, e no do you.

Now you wan become NUJ President,
based on same fake documents.

Yeye man.

angry angry angry sad sad sad angry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Dannieln1: 6:52am On Oct 03, 2018
The guy is a millionaire o'redy
If only you can seize all the fortune he has acquired through fraudulent means and share it to the poor...
If not his sacking will open another juicer door for him...
Go ask...
Kemi
DSS boss
Etc

1 Like

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Olujoe1(m): 6:52am On Oct 03, 2018
As if that is new to us.
Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Franzinni: 6:52am On Oct 03, 2018
There are many people working In high places with fake certificates.... I know a guy who used a forged certificate to get a bank job... He never went to university a day in his life..... Guess what he got promoted and promoted... Last time I checked he still works in a bank as a manager or so.... Haven't seen him in a while and can't remember his name so all you DSS cockroaches mingling among us here in Nairaland... I knew the guy but I can't even recognize him talk less of remember his name again

So that is all...

I digress.... If all organization.... Government offices and the like do a background check on all staff enh...

The table they will be shaking will be a big table ooo

4 Likes

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Bigajeff(m): 6:53am On Oct 03, 2018
With all this I need to go verify my Birth Certificate may be has been exchange by those nurse during birth, because I wonder why I'm younger than my age.

LOL

3 Likes

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 03, 2018
This one never start to dey campaign, then don sack am,nor worry at least you be president for your house, I mean head of the house, manage that one grin grin
All these people with misplaced priorities ehn grin grin
Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by jolyment: 6:54am On Oct 03, 2018
To forge certificates is easy for some people.
Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Hidentity(m): 6:55am On Oct 03, 2018
He was asked to answer to an allegation of forgery, he was playing tribal card, saying someone speaks Yoruba. One of the major problems of this country is how culprits organise pity-party when they are caught, and people actually fall for it. Crime doesn't run in the blood of Yoruba people, breaching the law is not Igbo or Hausa by ethnic.

Crime is what people take to because of greed, impatience, and the impulse for sudden breakthrough. Crime has no tribe.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by datola: 6:56am On Oct 03, 2018
And he was able to rise to the position of Managing Editor of ThisDay Newspapers with fake certificates?

3 Likes

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by computerglobal(m): 6:58am On Oct 03, 2018
adecz:
You don dey use fake certificate
dey chop food since 2006, e no do you.

Now you wan become NUJ President,
based on same fake documents.

Yeye man.

angry angry angry sad sad sad angry

No mind am grin
Na greed dey worry am

2 Likes

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 03, 2018
So it is when they wan to elect people that case of forgery spring forth embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed?

2 Likes

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:00am On Oct 03, 2018
adekunlebaj:

From the management’s findings, when Isiguzo submitted a handwritten application in 2006 when he sought employment at the organisation, he wrote in it that he is an HND holder.

https://www.icirnigeria.org/exclusive-thisday-sacks-isiguzo-nuj-presidential-aspirant-caught-up-in-forgery-scandal/
THIS DAY Newspaper should cover their face in shame!!!

Will there be any truth in whatever they are reporting

I mean Isiguzo has being working with you SINCE 2006 shocked shocked shocked shocked

He was even a two time vice president of NUJ undecided

All of a sudden in 2018 you started questioning certificates he had in the year shocked shocked shocked

What do you people take us For

Mtcheeew

It's obvious you don't want him to be the NUJ president

Now the BIG QUESTION is what are you afraid of

Isiguzo watch your back, people this desperate might want to put an end to your life span!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Nbote(m): 7:00am On Oct 03, 2018
U can fool some people all of d tym but U cant fool all of d people all of d tym..... Knowing fully well he had conned d system into accepting him, why tempt d system by showing urself? Buhari has inspired a lot of people

1 Like

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Ijaya123: 7:01am On Oct 03, 2018
If every Nigerian is made to undergo documents verification such as driving school certificate, driver's licence, educational qualifications, even sim cards registrations, only God knows how many more prisons will have to be built as majority will end up in prison.

1 Like

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Rigel95(m): 7:02am On Oct 03, 2018
Greed got the better of the idiot. Instead of him to be using his Oluwole certificate to be chopping money codedly, dude had to aspire to be NUJ president where even the sheet from his anus will be thoroughly scrutinized.

3 Likes

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by contigiency(m): 7:02am On Oct 03, 2018
Gradually things are getting better in this country. All these revelations are not in vain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by neweraomo: 7:04am On Oct 03, 2018
Continue exposing the looters

1 Like

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Printerscanner: 7:06am On Oct 03, 2018
adekunlebaj:
CHRISTOPHER Isiguzo, presidential aspirant and two-time vice president at the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) has been sacked by ThisDay Newspapers,

“What is the interest that all of you have in me?” he had asked. “Waheed paid all of you to come and run me down, right? No, no, no, I know. Listen, listen. Of course, you acknowledged… you are a Yoruba-speaking [man] like him. He paid all of you because he knows he is going to be defeated on Thursday.”

He added that if he does not have a certificate, he will not be bold enough to stand for election.

[b]Source:
https://www.icirnigeria.org/exclusive-thisday-sacks-isiguzo-nuj-presidential-aspirant-caught-up-in-forgery-scandal/

When you catch a flat headed thief, he will say you hate him because he is flat headed and that Yorubas don't like flat plates for eating, or flat chested or flat bumbum bittch for sleeping with that is why his own flat head is hated. Flat headed lost black Jews must bring ethnicity into their criminal life.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Spatta: 7:09am On Oct 03, 2018
Has he been arrested to serve as deterrent for those considering doing the same, Nigeria started decaying when consequences were not properly handed
it started with Babangida

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by joeyswift(m): 7:09am On Oct 03, 2018
This is how it is done. But unfortunately To be a Governor or President you need just O'level or nepa bill. But for a job of 35k they'll require 1st class upper with 10yrs experience.
Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by eghuan1(m): 7:11am On Oct 03, 2018
While those with original certificates will not be employed because they don't have the connection
Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by HomeOfMe(f): 7:12am On Oct 03, 2018
adekunlebaj:
CHRISTOPHER Isiguzo, presidential aspirant and two-time vice president at the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) has been sacked by ThisDay Newspapers, The ICIR has gathered.

Joseph Ushigiale, Managing Editor at ThisDay Newspapers, confirmed this development in a phone interview.

He said the decision was made following various enquiries from media practitioners who sought clarification on his qualifications. The paper thereafter discovered discrepancies in his documents after conducting a review.

“He was asked to explain and then he said he didn’t own those papers,” Ushigiale said. “He denied that the papers belong to him.”

“And we decided that he has been very economical with the truth, because he has misled us in presenting documents that are not substantiated.”

Ushigiale also confirmed Isiguzo submitted documents which claimed he has an HND from the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, and a diploma from Hyles-Anderson College, United States, “and all of them were acquired the same year, which is not possible”.

When he was asked if the case would influence how the paper conducts recruitment exercises in the future and whether it would scrutinise the credentials of current employees, the Managing Editor replied affirmatively.

“We will have to review the entire employment process because it is possible there could be people who still parade fake documents,” he said.

“And, going forward, we will have to engage in maybe verification, or we have to be more strict in reviewing all the documents that are in our possession.”

Prior to his dismissal, Isiguzo worked at the newspaper as South East Bureau Chief.

Meanwhile, in a report published earlier on Tuesday, The ICIR had confirmed allegations that he forged some of his certificates, and stated that ThisDay newspaper issued him a query based on the allegations against him.

When Isiguzo was contacted on Monday, he alleged that Waheed Odusile, president of the NUJ, had paid for online reports against him in order to undermine his campaign.

“What is the interest that all of you have in me?” he had asked. “Waheed paid all of you to come and run me down, right? No, no, no, I know. Listen, listen. Of course, you acknowledged… you are a Yoruba-spe 5&6.aking [man] like him. He paid all of you because he knows he is going to be defeated on Thursday.”

Source: https://www.icirnigeria.org/exclusive-thisday-sacks-isiguzo-nuj-presidential-aspirant-caught-up-in-forgery-scandal/
Nigerians and Oluwole results and certificates are inseparable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by ODUBEZE: 7:13am On Oct 03, 2018
Since 2006 Why is THIS DAY bringing this up now when the young man is aspiring for presidency in NUJ

2 Likes

Re: Thisday Sacks Isiguzo, NUJ Presidential Aspirant Caught Up In Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 03, 2018
its possible to obtain the two certificates the same year if the foreign school he claims to have their certificate allows online/correspondence program
I think what Thisday needs to do is to confirm/verify from the foreign school if such individual's name is on their list.
Making haste to sack him without verifying from the schools can give credence to Thisday paper being bribed to run him down

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How My Money Was Syphoned From My Account Using My Bvn Number / 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion / Man Defrauds In-law In N9m Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.