Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,747 members, 7,844,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night (50744 Views)

Kogi Guber Election: APC Mocks Adeleke Over Dino Melaye’s Defeat / Cross Section Of Kogi West Reconciliation Meeting With Gov Adeleke, Dino (pics) / Peter Obi Got Angry With Dino Melaye At Arise TV Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by Princelyod(m): 9:09am On Oct 03, 2018
How can he not gamble with having 14 children even when he cannot afford to give them basic education and yet hope that atleast one day,one might turn out to be the president of Nigeria when even the current president does not have something as basic as a WAEC certificate.He might be right after all.
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by Ganbite: 9:09am On Oct 03, 2018
NewsDeyOnline:
The vice president Yemi Osinbajo on Monday, October 1, made a mockery of the Senator representing Kogi west senatorial district, Dino Melaye and the Osun governorship candidate for the Peoples Democratic Party in the just concluded election, Ademola Adeleke.
Osinbajo while making a speech at the Independence Gala night which took place at the Banquet hall of the Presidential Villa said the duo are humorous.

He also said he agrees with the poll conducted by the British Independent newspapers which declared Nigerians as the happiest and most optimistic people in the world.

Vanguard reports that the vice president said Senator Adeleke provided humor by dancing while Senator Melaye made people to laugh by claiming to escape assassination by hiding on a tree top for 11 hours.

Osinbajo said: “ A few months ago, an important Nigerian politician who was on his way to a trial in a court said he was abducted. And after he escaped from his abductors, he remained hiding on a tree for 11 hours.

The most interesting part of that story is that many people online in particular, on the Internet, started to tell stories of different birds and how long those birds could remain perched on a tree. All these were the Nigerian contributions to that story,” Osinbajo said.

Throwing some of his jabs on Adeleke, Nigeria’s number two man said, the Senator currently representing Osun west senatorial district insists that the most important attribute to leadership is dancing.

“Yet another very important politician insists, and still insists that the most important attribute for leadership is dancing, and boy could he dance! And for those who think that that is ridiculous at least 200,000 people voted for him in a particular election,” Osinbajo said.

Speaking on optimisim exhibited by Nigerians, the vice president said, citizens are optimistic because they know they must succeed.
He expressed optimism that Nigeria was set to become the envy of the whole world.

“When I served as Adviser to the Attorney General of the Federation between 1987 and 1992, I had a driver who was always broke,” Osinbajo said.

But he was always so optimistic. He had 14 children, while I, his boss, had only one child at the time. And I asked him, “Why do you just keep having so many children?” Of course he had more than one wife.

He said to me in Yoruba, “I don’t know which of them can become President of Nigeria. So, the more I have, the better my chances.”

How optimistic can you be? Only a Nigerian can be that optimistic.

“The reason why we are so optimistic is because we know that we are the best, we know we are going to excel, it may seem like it’s taking a while, and there are many problems, but every one of the over 1,000 days that I have been Vice President for, I grow stronger in my complete confidence that we are going to be the envy of the whole world in a few short years.

Well, you might say that that is optimistic, why not, I am a Nigerian,” he added.

https://newsdey.com/2018/10/1195890-independence-osinbajo-mocks-adeleke-melaye-gala-night-html/

The Vice President is looking for trouble, also he should not forget that he is a pastor and according to Ephesian 5 Vs 4-and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.Also Mathew 12vs36 - But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.

if truly and a genuie man of God he is not suppose to be making mockery of any politician rather to be giving thanks for the successful rigging conducted by APC and announce by their Chairman officiated by INEC and approved by the president....

Is Osibanjo a true christian or not going by the scripture

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by mechanics(m): 9:11am On Oct 03, 2018
Fourteen children, that's incredible, and his driver then says he's optimistic, nawa o.
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by obailala(m): 9:12am On Oct 03, 2018
maestroferdi:
He is the best in your village...

Can you mention one tangible achievement Osinbajo has recorded as the number two man in this directionless government?

If Osinbajo were to be from another tribe, would you guys not have roasted him alive?

Hypocrisy and ethnocentrism will keep holding Nigeria down...
Dont let hatred and tribalism kill you there... Osinbajo's intelligence is out of this world; since you cant already see it, then its obviously not something you can ever dream of in your lifetime. A PROFESSOR of Law and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria who even became a prof at 32.

And guess what Oga, I'm a full blooded Igbo man so quit the sickening tribal nonsense (not everyone is into that foolishness). I do not need any political or tribal alignment to know an intelligent person when I see one. Quit your hatred before it quits you.
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by KoeChz(m): 9:12am On Oct 03, 2018
BluntBoy:

How is he a disappointment? All this while, others have attacked him and I am sure you have liked the attack. Now, the man is biting back and you are feeling disappointed. Nawa for una o.
a pastor biting back? He is a camou
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by KoeChz(m): 9:16am On Oct 03, 2018
sureheaven:
If not because Nigeria is a joke, many of those who served as our leaders from past till present shld not be seen holding any political elected positions.

Here we are today, Adeleke who hasn’t been seen around anything good in his life expect dancing is a Senator in Nigeria. Same goes to Dino who was denied openly by London school of economics.

Spit on this nation... shocked

Sai baba all the way sha.
trash, hypocrisy is in ur dna
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by movetoca: 9:21am On Oct 03, 2018
seunmsg:

The vice president is looking for trouble with this comment. Supporters of 'Ajobiewe' will soon come for his head. grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
This is really funny. My Yoruba peeps can be so hilariously optimistic.
I swear to God. I love them sha
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by maestroferdi: 9:21am On Oct 03, 2018
obailala:
Dont let hatred and tribalism kill you there... Osinbajo's intelligence is out of this world; since you cant already see it, then its obviously not something you can ever dream of in your lifetime. A PROFESSOR of Law and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria who even became a prof at 32.

And guess what Oga, I'm a full blooded Igbo man so quit the sickening tribal nonsense (not everyone is into that foolishness). I do not need any political or tribal alignment to know an intelligent person when I see one. Quit your hatred before it quits you.
Where will the cheap popularity and adulation you are craving for take you?

I asked you to mention a tangible achievement the man has recorded and all you do was to fly off at a tangent telling me you are an Igbo man.

Oga, who your being an Igboman help?

I want to believe you understand simple English:Now go back to the question and proffer a smart answer and stop wasting my time...
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by BluntBoy(m): 9:22am On Oct 03, 2018
KoeChz:
a pastor biting back? He is a camou

The issue is not about him being a pastor but about the hypocrisy of the average Nigerian.
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by Pat081: 9:29am On Oct 03, 2018
2019 is here only if our vote will b count with dis short man devil
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 03, 2018
maestroferdi:
Osinbajo is a disappointment.

How did this man become a professor of law not to talk of attaining the position of a SAN?
this guy i ve told you something before which i later felt bad about and withdrew it. But seeing this comment again im tempted to repeat what i told you early. kilodee..what is your problem really?
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by Aystarz: 9:31am On Oct 03, 2018
RevenGeMission:
Osibanjo , Witty, funny and Smart ,

I have watched speeches , addresses, even impromptu addresses to market women , traders and co , that guy is funny as shytt, he is lively , i am beginning to wonder if he was raised in lagos , Awon omo eko dey get bad mouth and no matter how you yab them , he no dey pain them

But if they yab you Ooooolalala , your eye go red , you no fit fight them , You go just find another person to transfer your anger to

Lol I agree with your first paragraph. There , really, is no smarter orator in the polity at the moment. He's wasted as a VP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by Gazzy88(m): 9:33am On Oct 03, 2018
Are you a skilled tailor in Nigeria in need of job? Do you have the necessary skills to be hired by top fashion houses across the country? Fill out the Google form below�with your details for job offers and also kindly share with your tailor friends in need of job.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfRjty3Qu_f0h2D_rwvUKzInyBykyHBccJC-e8jFHcb44JFVw/viewform
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by erinalex: 9:36am On Oct 03, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Tinubu puppet
someone's puppet that is now a vice-president; God make a puppet like Osinbajo. After all , we know where Nnamdi Kanu's puppets are .
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by gurnam: 9:36am On Oct 03, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Tinubu puppet

Your own Vice President
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by OROSENIWO: 9:39am On Oct 03, 2018
grin grin ;DAll hail the new star comedian added to to the Nigerian galaxy.
Move over Ali Baba
AY
BASKET MOUTH
AKPORORO!
FUNNY BUSINESS JUST GOT MORE SERIOUS Apology to Ali Baba
Who said wisecrackery is exclusive preserves of d lowly?
dino started it
sen. sdeleke marketed it .. and now our small but mighty VP SHOWCASED IT!
;DAll hail the new star comedian added to to the Nigerian galaxy.
Move over Ali Baba
AY
BASKET MOUTH
AKPORORO!
FUNNY BUSINESS JUST GOT MORE SERIOUS Apology to Ali Baba
Who said wisecrackery is exclusive preserves of d lowly?
Dino started it
sen. Adelekr marketed it .. and now our small but mighty VP SHOWCASED IT!
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by erinalex: 9:41am On Oct 03, 2018
lagosrd:

And you can prove it. Bishop Oyedepo is a man of God.
and you are a man of what ? Devil ?
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by gurnam: 9:41am On Oct 03, 2018
excomarow:
Even on NL were zombies are overpowered by the IPOB, the Zee are optimistic to still be on the forum defending the lifeless one grin

Lmao, you want to ridicule Ipob this morning again? Has there been anytime Ipob ever overpower anyone? Both online and real life,even ordinary python danced and Ipob cried to UN. grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by maestroferdi: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2018
silastemplar:
this guy i ve told you something before which i later felt bad about and withdrew it. But seeing this comment again im tempted to repeat what i told you early. kilodee..what is your problem really?
My problem is that Osinbajo is watching Christians get butchered in the Middle Belt and chose to remain politically correct.

My problem is that Osinbajo is applauding the electoral malfeasance as witnessed in Osun where INEC was used to unabashedly rig an election.

My problem is that Osinbajo, a supposedly priest in the temple of justice watched as Buhari through the DSS invaded the privacies of eminent judges in this country. He chose to keep mum while judges were vindictively arraigned over trumped charges chiefly for daring to reject/repudiate Buhari's/APC's attempt to browbeat and pontificate to the judiciary.

My overarching problem with Osinbajo is that he has given tacit approval to Buhari's tyranny and the gradual descent of this administration to full-blown dictatorship.

I hope you will not ask me another dumb question?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2018
Wow

seunmsg:

The vice president is looking for trouble with this comment. Supporters of 'Ajobiewe' will soon come for his head. grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
This is really funny. My Yoruba peeps can be so hilariously optimistic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by erinalex: 9:47am On Oct 03, 2018
spikemmy:
As a pastor, he should know better - how to choose his words wisely and not stoop so low to using mockery words
and your Dino choose his words wisely? By telling u he hid on a tree for 11yrs ? Foolishness is when u believed Dino, and castigate Osinbajo because he said we have comedians at high places in naija.
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by daimsy(f): 9:47am On Oct 03, 2018
And what is wrong with someone dancing?
everyone on earth are gifted in one way or another.
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by checkolatunji: 9:48am On Oct 03, 2018
maestroferdi:
Osinbajo is a disappointment.

How did this man become a professor of law not to talk of attaining the position of a SAN?

To you and your family? Yes

To we Omoluabi and Well meaning naija ? No

Park well

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by Sleekfingers: 9:48am On Oct 03, 2018
ajayiopy:
PASTOR ADEBOYE SHOULD CALL THIS MAN INTO ORDER

Who is a adeboye pls?
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by GSA01: 9:51am On Oct 03, 2018
Yet another very important politician insists, and still insists that the most important attribute for leadership is dancing, and boy could he dance! And for those who think that that is ridiculous at least 200,000 people voted for him in a particular election.
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by maestroferdi: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2018
checkolatunji:

To you and your family? Yes

To we Omoluabi and Well meaning naija ? No

Park well
What do you know?
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by buchilino(m): 9:54am On Oct 03, 2018
SO SOME PPLE CALL DIS MAN A PASTOR.
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by buchilino(m): 9:55am On Oct 03, 2018
SO SOME PPLE CALL DIS MAN A PASTOR
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by mbos: 9:55am On Oct 03, 2018
weyreypey:

When people respond..he should not be claiming pastorhood

preaching and mocking

irony
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by buchilino(m): 9:58am On Oct 03, 2018
erinalex:
and your Dino choose his words wisely? By telling u he hid on a tree for 11yrs ? Foolishness is when u believed Dino, and castigate Osinbajo because he said we have comedians at high places in naija.

MY FRIEND, DER IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BORN AGAIN CHILD OF GOD N A POLITICIAN.
Re: Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 03, 2018
maestroferdi:
My problem is that Osinbajo is watching Christians get butchered in the Middle Belt and chose to remain politically correct.

My problem is that Osinbajo is applauding the electoral malfeasance as witnessed in Osun where INEC was used to unabashedly rig an election.

My problem is that Osinbajo, a supposedly priest in the temple of justice watched as Buhari through the DSS invaded the privacies of eminent judges in this country. He chose to keep mum while judges were vindictively arraigned over trumped charges chiefly for daring to reject/repudiate Buhari's/APC's attempt to browbeat and pontificate to the judiciary.

My overarching problem with Osinbajo is that he has given tacit approval to Buhari's tyranny and the gradual descent of this administration to full-blown dictatorship.

I hope you will not ask me another dumb question?
on your first issue, is it only christians getting butchered? is he VP of christians or VP of Nigerians. Please you guys should shove it with this christian thing. How many of you are even truly christians. So until he takes the grand stand of shouting christian persecution thats the only time you will know he is doing something about it. So what then happens to the other religions and non evn non religious being killed too?

Applauding electoral malfeceance in Osun? really? by one party or both parties?

Buharis tyranny? lol language of the opposition

can you swear those judges were not actually corrupt? are you even saying judges are not corrupt? " were vindictively arraigned over trumped charges chiefly for daring to reject/repudiate Buhari's/APC's attempt to browbeat and pontificate to the judiciary". Please whats this nonsense?. you see why i m worried about you

Guy please , elevate your reasoning for your own good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lockdown: Governor Wike Pardons A Pregnant Woman (Video) / Peter Obi And His Wife, Margaret Obi (Photos) / Don't Blackmail The Judges, Losers Should Accept Defeat - Mary Odili

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.