Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,016 members, 7,953,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:35 AM

Without Your Ancestors You Are Nothing As A Foundation. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Without Your Ancestors You Are Nothing As A Foundation. (2297 Views)

Honor Your Ancestors, They Are Not Evil. / All You Need To Know About Your Ancestors Or Ancient Fathers / A Foundation Builds A Bungalow For A Widow Who Lived In A Mud House (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without Your Ancestors You Are Nothing As A Foundation. by vaxx: 11:09am On Dec 28, 2018
budaatum:
How did western education help you begin to appreciate your culture?
i will answer from the viewpoint of psychology, in particular, educational psychology.

In the West, psychology scholars define cultures as how it reflect and shape the pschologucal process of their members . The reflective process are made with western style of critical thinking models such as Bloom’s Taxonomy which if taking seriously will awaken the yet to liberate mind.
Re: Without Your Ancestors You Are Nothing As A Foundation. by budaatum: 11:26am On Dec 28, 2018
vaxx:
i will answer from the viewpoint of psychology, in particular, educational psychology.

In the West, psychology scholars define cultures as how it reflect and shape the pschologucal process of their members . The reflective process are made with western style of critical thinking models such as Bloom’s Taxonomy which if taking seriously will awaken the yet to liberate mind.
So, would I be correct to say western education made you aware of the psychological influences of culture, which you observed through the "western style of critical thinking models" which is reflective and thereby liberates the mind?
Re: Without Your Ancestors You Are Nothing As A Foundation. by budaatum: 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2018
I post this so you are aware that I am doing homework.

Bloom’s Taxonomy
Re: Without Your Ancestors You Are Nothing As A Foundation. by ogyunging(m): 6:11am On Oct 30, 2021
Masquerade in Ibibio is "Ekpo"
Re: Without Your Ancestors You Are Nothing As A Foundation. by Horus(m): 11:39am On Oct 26, 2022
Ancestors have the capacity to bless you. They have more ‘life’ than you, because their spirit, freed from the limited body, can know; can cognize; can bless you. You can feel their presence. So when you pray to them, they can grant you certain boons. They are able to bestow unto you to whatever extent they are powerful
Re: Without Your Ancestors You Are Nothing As A Foundation. by Kobojunkie: 1:38am On Oct 27, 2022
Horus:
1. Ancestors have the capacity to bless you. They have more ‘life’ than you, because their spirit, freed from the limited body, can know; can cognize; can bless you. You can feel their presence.
2. So when you pray to them, they can grant you certain boons. They are able to bestow unto you to whatever extent they are powerful
1. Have the capacity to bless in what way? How come millions of even Nigerians live and die believing their existence cursed, even with knowledge of their ancestors still fresh on their minds - I mean those who met their great grand and so forth? undecided

2. Meaning most ancestors aren't really powerful enough to impact the lives of their kin? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arguments For God / TB Joshua Prays For Calmness In South Africa #notoxenophobia / Praying For God's Will Or What You Want Specifically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.