Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban (96094 Views)

Paul Okoye Injured After A Performance In Liberia (Photos, Video) / Jason Okpocha Performing On Stage During His Graduation Day (Photos) / Davido Brings Chioma On Stage During Assurance Performance In Cotonou (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by eaglechild: 8:10pm On Oct 03, 2018
Durban not Duban.
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2018
Magichand:
Songstress Bongi Dube, who is the daughter of the late Lucky Dube is grateful to have escaped with her life after she got electrocuted during a performance in Durban
Isolezwe is reporting that Bongi’s leg and left arm was seriously injured in the freak accident.

“As I was about to sing on stage I unfortunately then stepped on one of the electric chords which was not properly wrapped. It felt like someone had hit me with a knopkierie, everything went blank afterwards,” she told the paper.

Bongi’s manager apparently called her husband, who is also a doctor to attend to her.

The songstress is said to be recovering but still finds it difficult to walk or drive.

While the physical injuries may be healing Bongi said the incident was incredibly traumatic and she wants to put it behind her..

Bongi shared pictures of her injuries on Instagram saying that she was “grateful to be able to move”.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/lucky-dubes-daughter-electrocuted-on-stage-during-a-performance-in-duban/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44
.she got electrocuted and still receiving treatment to resurrect her. somebody help me understand this.
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by AlanSugar(m): 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
greatman247:

Pls proof it to us cos we around here don't understand English ooo.

He's 100% correct. To be electrocuted means to die as a result of electric shock. You could've easily gone and done your checking if in doubt than to write this for the world to see. Haven't you ever heard of a capital punishment "to die by electrocution"? The op is a dunce.

1 Like

Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by AnanseK(m): 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2018
Magichand:
Songstress Bongi Dube, who is the daughter of the late Lucky Dube is grateful to have escaped with her life after she got electrocuted during a performance in Durban
Isolezwe is reporting that Bongi’s leg and left arm was seriously injured in the freak accident

https://zenithnaija.com/lucky-dubes-daughter-electrocuted-on-stage-during-a-performance-in-duban/

What kind of report is this? If she was electrocuted it means she is dead. How can she be talking to journalists and telling them how she stepped on live wire? She had electric shock and perhaps suffered some injury, but she was not electrocuted, because she is still alive.
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by Ganamustgo(m): 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2018
oshe11:
Chelsea draw still dey pain me walahi......

Sturridge whyyyyyyyy?
Bet9ja customer sighted.

1 Like

Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by fortunechy(m): 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2018
Village people at work...

Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2018
GLORY TO GOD ALMIGHTY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by oladele00(m): 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
LordNapoleon:
Shut your filthy mouth!
A pained Igbo sighted
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

Actually, Lucky Dube was killed when, after dropping off his two kids at school...two men attempted to hijack his car, and shot him dead.

Both men were caught, and sentenced.

Nothing to do with being mistaken for Nigerian

Correction...seems they did mistake him for one...though stealing a car was the prioroty

the killer never know him, they thought he was just an ordinary south Africa.
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by rastaLivity: 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:

It's the organizers that should be careful of naked wires around the stage, she can sue them for this.
i was only being sarcastic, i mean who's gonna put on complete protective wares to perform on stage

1 Like

Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
rastaLivity:
she needs to be safety conscious, she should put on her complete PPE next time.
Ppe? Na inside lab or clinic?
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by rastaLivity: 9:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
stemmez:
Ppe? Na inside lab or clinic?
safety all the way

Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by Gavel(m): 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2018
Admin pls correct the topic.

Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by mikaael(m): 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2018
oshe11:

Sturridge whyyyyyyyy?

talk true...na ur ticket way spoil dey pain you...wen u no be abramovich
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by oshe11: 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
mikaael:

talk true...na ur ticket way spoil dey pain you...wen u no be abramovich
Not really....

Just a Fan
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by Olufela30: 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
She didn't wear shock protection?

Abi Shock absorber !!!
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 03, 2018
Lol.. Electrocuted and still alive.
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by AndriaRich(m): 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2018
oshe11:

Sturridge whyyyyyyyy?

Uncle take heart na...

You'll never walk alone...

Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by Dreyl(m): 12:51am On Oct 04, 2018
I miss lucky Dube
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by Ussyberry(m): 7:30am On Oct 04, 2018
She is “LUCKY”
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by FirePower1(m): 7:34am On Oct 04, 2018
Make una no fight, the "two both of you" are correct.

Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by zinizta: 8:31am On Oct 04, 2018
Magichand:
Isolezwe is reporting that Bongi’s leg and left arm was seriously injured in the freak accident.

“As I was about to sing on stage I unfortunately then stepped on one of the electric chords which was not properly wrapped. It felt like someone had hit me with a knopkierie, everything went blank afterwards,” she told the paper.

Bongi’s manager apparently called her husband, who is also a doctor to attend to her.

The songstress is said to be recovering but still finds it difficult to walk or drive.

While the physical injuries may be healing Bongi said the incident was incredibly traumatic and she wants to put it behind her..

Bongi shared pictures of her injuries on Instagram saying that she was “grateful to be able to move”.

More below:

please learn the meaning of a word before using it....

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/electrocute
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by greatman247(m): 10:00am On Oct 04, 2018
AlanSugar:

He's 100% correct. To be electrocuted means to die as a result of electric shock. You could've easily gone and done your checking if in doubt than to write this for the world to see. Haven't you ever heard of a capital punishment "to die by electrocution"? The op is a dunce.

Lol. Anything una say... All join. Like I said before... We around here no understand too much of English language... Na borrowed language to us. But I guess I saw it in some other dictionaries like (Oxforddictionary.com and Collins dictionary ) to mean Injure or Kill (Someone) by electric shock. Anyway, your effort is noted. Thanks sir.
Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by fashrola(m): 10:46am On Oct 04, 2018
rastaLivity:
she needs to be safety conscious, she should put on her complete PPE next time.

Complete PPE on top stage? Shey na platform job? grin

1 Like

Re: Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban by rastaLivity: 11:02am On Oct 04, 2018
fashrola:

Complete PPE on top stage? Shey na platform job? grin
safety first and always grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Majid Michel’s Wife, Virna And Daughters (photos) / Adunni Ade Goes Back To Islam, Leaves Christianity. Feels Fulfilled & Happier / Wizkid And Nicki Minaj Hang Out Together (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.