Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) (65698 Views)

See The Look On Governor Ambode's Face As He Accepts Defeat (Photos) / Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Abike Dabiri Reacts To Video Of IGP Idris Struggling To Read Speech In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by ModsareChevres: 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2018
MrMystrO:

Ohh you don finally gree?? I think say you go argue this one too?? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No wahala
Enjoy your temporary victory while it lasts.
Very soon, Lagos will be free... cool
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by shevy878: 4:41pm On Oct 03, 2018
Good and smart move by ambode, if it were somewhere in the else in the southeast he won't go down without a fight,bloodshed and shooting. kudos Amo, snatching the glory from defeat Like gej once did.
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Krafty006: 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2018
aiye o le, nothing we bring Nothing we go carry go...... Contact us for leather works , shoes sandals 0818-166-3616
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by ModsareChevres: 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2018
ykalhaji:

LMAO... So na confusion you just wan see abi?

No. I just want Lagos to be free.
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Cajal(m): 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2018
PDP.... HOW MARKET
go. And conduct your primary

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Bloggz74(m): 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2018
meolaniyi:
I respect Tinubu and crown him the leader. The Lion Of Nigeria Oplitics today.
He has become more powerful than ever in Country.

Guess why he is so Powerful? Because we trust him to lead us in Yoruba land. if he pushes us to the ocean we gave him the power.
We are teaching other tribes how to make your region relevant in the Nigeria polity.

No Hausa man will ever joke with us because if we turn our back on you? you are finished

Then it's no longer politics. It's no longer democracy if you don't have your say but wait to be pushed, lead or key into the dancing step of a political masquerade.

As far as I know the grip is tighten ferociously and more difficult to free yourself because you just mixed politics with emotion. It's a against the law.

Lastly that someone did something and get away with it does not make it legality. What is good is good.

Precedence is set already unknown if it's good omen or not. The future will tell.
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2018
YorubaEmir:

"Coward" a three-letter word ? Are you myopic?

Awww... What happened?

And i typed it slowly so that you could understand it o.

Oya, read that again. Very very slowly this time.
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by ModsareChevres: 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2018
Hotfreezer:

Bloody loser.
Gerrarahere.

Only a battle was lost.
There is a war to be won... cool
And win shall we... cool
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by SaintLucia: 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2018
IPOB right now

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Ejyksneh(m): 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2018
See this fool o, so you are only there to turn back on people? U no go fight so others can turn back on u too?quote author=meolaniyi post=71751636]I respect Tinubu and crown him the leader. The Lion Of Nigeria Oplitics today.
He has become more powerful than ever in Country.

Guess why he is so Powerful? Because we trust him to lead us in Yoruba land. if he pushes us to the ocean we gave him the power.
We are teaching other tribes how to make your region relevant in the Nigeria polity.

No Hausa man will ever joke with us because if we turn our back on you? you are finished[/quote]
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Basic123: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2018
Throwback:
Despite my preference for Ambode to continue with a 2nd term, a direct primary of a political party cannot be faulted as imposition.

Good sportsmanship exhibited by conceding defeat.

It is now left to see if APC's democratic denial of Ambode would be supported by the general Lagos electorate, and if an unknown APC candidate would be able to defeat other political parties, being an open contest without any incumbency.
The most intelligent comment so far!
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by ExplicitConect: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2018
Lagos is the Centre of Mumu in Nigeria.
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Tospringe: 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Temporary pains. It's beyond Ambode. Lagos will be free. And very soon.
Their freedom shouldn't be your headache. The inhabitants ain't complaining. channel your energy to other useful things.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
Airforce01:
Ministerial slot loading

After that disaster of a press conference he did before, he will not get nada
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Adesolomon2014(m): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2018
mrjaydee:
Honestly I think I prefer Ambode to complete his second term.

Like for Ambode Share for Sanwoolu

Ur like got ambode nowhere but ur shares got sanwo-olu somewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Ategberoson(m): 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2018
Temptee101:
....and you guys kept on singing his praises until your saviour thought otherwise. You should be ashamed to even type honestly

state why ambode is the best to lagosian and stop ranting like a spoilt toy

I ve never for once like his governance. his development his one side face. other local govt don't feel any of his impact, so why should will be singing his praises? he's just an individual, we don't worshipped incompetent as you do in Abia state ihatago?

so stop weeping heavily, he had received defeat already

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Omofunaab2: 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2018
Hotfreezer:

Igbos are mentally ujstable.
It is wherever their mental illness pushes them to that they swing to.

Expect like 10 threads from them beginning from now till tomorrow morning.

"Ambode is a coward "
"Yorubas are slaves "
"Sanwo-Olu has mental issues "
"Yorubas are backstabbers "etc

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by AFONJACOW(m): 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2018
this Ambode now I know nothing useful dey inside that his big head, he just bow out without a fight , coward bye bye to ur political carrier
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by DMerciful(m): 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2018
Why do you want someone lagosians say he's not good for them to be good enough for Nigeria that Lagos is a part of? This is pure wickedness to nation.
raumdeuter:
Asiwaju Tinubu Jagaban Borgu, The leader, I hail o. I throway salute

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/03/breaking-ambode-accepts-defeat-congratulates-sanwo-olu

Ambode was smart not to follow the advice of those calling him to decamp to any party cos that means his end. If he plays this well, he might get a ministerial appointment

Itesiwaju EKo lo jewa logun
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by don4real18(m): 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2018
mrjaydee:

Divide the LIKES you get for Ambode by a hundred. That's the number of people with a pvc

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by BRASH: 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2018
sogodihno:

you are confuse my friend, until Tinubu came to his help he has always bn a failure starting from 2003 to 2007 to 2011.

do u get now?
Was it only tinubu that helped him? Would he have succeeded with only tinubu's support? I don't want to mention others like kwankwoso who gave him 2m votes.
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Ategberoson(m): 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2018
deomelo:

Igbos are generally ignorant and unintelligent, major lairs too.

don't mind those rehabilitated ex patients. crying over another man's politics but allow mumu people govern them

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by olat70(m): 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
Good decision to preserve your political future and career;this is laudable though not easy--kudos Mr.Governor
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by amodu(m): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
mrjaydee:

Use the likes you have gathered to make him get second term

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by ModsareChevres: 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2018
Tospringe:

Their freedom shouldn't be your headache.
The inhabitants ain't complaining. channel your energy to other useful things.

Unfortunately I have a stake. It's my 'headache'.
No crime in sparing some energy occasionally.
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Naseerkat: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2018
That's how our politicians suppose to behave, not as they normally do, decamping from one political party to another isn't the way out and politics isn't do or die we also have to keep this in mind "In every Election there must be a winner and looser ".

Take heart
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by DTaj: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
Contrary to the expectations and suggestions of ignorant people, Governor Akinwumi Ambode has accepted the party’s decision.

His acolytes who were urging him to fight the party think it is all about billions of naira or power to sign government cheques and control of FAAC/JAAC accounts!

In the politics of Nigeria, today, those who hold the levers of power are those who control the party’s “electoral machine. This machine percolates through the wards, CDAs, LCDAs, LGAs, traditional rulers, transport unions, opinion leaders, senior citizens, pensioners and retirees, etc.

This is the reason experienced politicians like Bola Tinubu, Bukola Saraki, Wammako, and a few others have their states on a lock-down. It has nothing to do with the level of education, exposure, or smartness of the residents of those states.

You don’t control “political structure/political machine” and you wanted to fight any godfather? It’s a fruitless adventure! It is akin to political suicide!
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Tospringe: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Unfortunately I have a stake. It's my 'headache'. No crime in sparing some energy occasionally.
Alright bro. Good luck.
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by olajigaolamide: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2018
Ambode just proved himself to be a true democrat. Politics is not a do or die affair.
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Naseerkat: 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2018
That's how our politicians suppose to behave, not as they normally do, decamping from one political party to another isn't the way out and politics isn't do or die we also have to keep this in mind "In every Election there must be a winner and looser ".

Atiku come and learn from him

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Adedward(m): 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
Its very good decision for the Governor, to agree to step down without any problems, that is the signs of good counties, we are one in Nigeria,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

20 States Tinubu Is Certain To Win Come 2023 - Jumper524 / PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries / I'd Give Anything To Know What Osinbajo's Wife Told Aisha Buhari In This Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.