Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) (65695 Views)

See The Look On Governor Ambode's Face As He Accepts Defeat (Photos) / Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Abike Dabiri Reacts To Video Of IGP Idris Struggling To Read Speech In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Zionbel(m): 5:02pm On Oct 03, 2018
As credible as Gov Ambode, he lost. Election in Nigeria isn't won by credibility. It's won by the most sophisticated rigger.
Ambode lost because he lost the support of the power that brought him to power.
APC is the government of the godfather by the godfather and for the godfather.
If you know you know.
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Babayoutoomuch(f): 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
Hmmmm politics!! Sebi Oshiomole was saying no election. The Chaplain Ambode sacked will be like TOUCH NOT MY ANNOITED
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by akilo1: 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
mrjaydee:
Honestly I think I prefer Ambode to complete his second term.

Like for Ambode Share for Sanwoolu
dey find like for nairaland like prostitute looking for di,*k

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Nfora: 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
Something tells me Sanwo-Olu could still step down for Ambode,the runner up in the primary,after APC ''family'' meeting.

In politics, anything can happen.

February 2019 is till a very long time in politics!
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by GoldHorse(m): 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
mrjaydee:

All these Nairalanders deceiving themselves since 1804!

Oya go and add your likes to Ambode's vote. Psheww! undecided
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by deomelo: 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2018
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Barrysleek(m): 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2018
blackgold90:
I sincerely appreciate Gov Ambode for accepting defeat Am so proud of him.

Atleast in the next 8months he can freely govern Lagos as Independent person ,he also now know all fake people around him.

And Bola Tinubu and his 40 gang of thieves will no longer call his phone line for any favour or influence him.

He tactically accept defeat to enjoy he remaining tenure, he can't be poor again for life.
governed freely ke, he can still be impeached if he does anyhow because he has no one except his wife supporting him... This period is going to be his most trying period as governor because almost every one wouldn't respect him or take him serious since he has been stripped naked
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by deomelo: 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2018
Nfora:
Something tells me Sanwo-Olu could still step down for Ambode the runner up in the primary,after APC ''family'' meeting.

In politics, anything can happen.

February 2019 is till a very long time in politics!

lmao...

What is wrong with you people?

Is it by force to comment..?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by MyMouth(m): 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2018
AZeD1:

Why are you guys so bent on ruining Otedola?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by fredoooooo: 5:14pm On Oct 03, 2018
AZeD1:

Why are you guys so bent on ruining Otedola?

This is so funny grin
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by MyMouth(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2018
omooba969:

I hope you're able to see clearly that Tinubu has reached his political peak in Nigeria, I mean he will never be president of this country, that's if he has such ambition. This situation is pointer to the fact that if made president he will be too powerful and would desire to replicate his lagos strong grip at the national level. This will not be tolerated coz it's a different ball-game in Abuja.

With this, Tinubu has definitely confirmed some people's suspicion and they'll keep an eye on him. The movie is not finished yet.

Mark today's date, bookmark this page and keep watching how Tinubu will be dressed down in the coming months. cool
Same thing u guys have been saying for years, still the old man continues being stronger
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Austin234(m): 5:18pm On Oct 03, 2018
Needless flogging a dead horse. The die is cast already

mrjaydee:

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by babatee4all(m): 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2018
Barrysleek:
governed freely ke, he can still be impeached if he does anyhow because he has no one except his wife supporting him... This period is going to be his most trying period as governor because almost every one wouldn't respect him or take him serious since he has been stripped naked
Your sense is just too much well-done sir. Well! all I know is that Tinubu is number one political genius in Nigeria today he silence and made OBJ irrelevant in Lagos politics and even in Nigeria as a whole many are still learning from him twale jagaban of African
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by omooba969(m): 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2018
MyMouth:

Same thing u guys have been saying for years, still the old man continues being stronger

Has he taken his exploits elsewhere?

This is one of the questions you should be asking yourself.
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Eluwilussit(m): 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2018
meolaniyi:
I respect Tinubu and crown him the leader. The Lion Of Nigeria Oplitics today.
He has become more powerful than ever in Country.

Guess why he is so Powerful? Because we trust him to lead us in Yoruba land. if he pushes us to the ocean we gave him the power.
We are teaching other tribes how to make your region relevant in the Nigeria polity.

No Hausa man will ever joke with us because if we turn our back on you? you are finished

Go and study history, my friend. Since Independence, this is the first time the Yorubas will genuinely be on the winning side. Even in 1999, most of the SW supported Olu Falaye against Obasanjo.Tinubu was on the losing side, though I must admit that he is a great politician.

The North that has held all of us to political, religious and regional ransome, has not even come out to make such a claim. There is no doubt that the SW played the most important roles in the emergence of APC and Buhari, but that does not give the SW a bragging right.

The reason it all played out in favour of the Southwest was PDP and Jonathan factors. The entire North, party notwithstanding, wanted power to rightfully return to the North. APC represented that desire. SE and SS, were already irredeemably enmeshed in PDP and GEJ candidacy. That singular fact, created a conducive platform for SW and the entire North to work together. Excellent, if you ask me.

As great as the outcome of 2015 election may seem to the SW, the entire South has just wittingly or otherwise, played into the hands of the North. Almost all the Northern PDP stalwarts that left before 2015, have come back to PDP to continue the pursuit of their Northern agenda. They achieved their aim.....power to the North. While we in the South are busy sabotaging ourselves and calling it politics. Only Buhari could have uprooted PDP and the entire North knew it. They used him to achieve that.

We in the South, need to stop playing into their hands. We need to stay united and get the MB on board. Then can we truly stop the onslaught by the core North. If we continue to brag individually as SW, SE and SS, instead of a united South, we will continue in servitude to the North. An injustice to anyone of us, should be seen as an injustice to all of us by the entire South.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Kronor(m): 5:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
I salute u tinubu
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by spencekat(m): 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2018
Chai
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Alex80s(m): 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2018
Ambode is a coward. He should have asked Chimaroke Nnamani how he dislodged Jim Nwobodo. And How Sullivan dislodged Chimaroke and how Theodore Orji dislodged Orji Uzo Kalu
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by caracas: 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2018
meolaniyi:

Guess why he is so Powerful? Because we trust him to lead us in Yoruba land. if he pushes us to the ocean we gave him the power.
We are teaching other tribes how to make your region relevant in the Nigeria polity.

No Hausa man will ever joke with us because if we turn our back on you? you are finished
Keep fooling urselves
The same Tinubu that was disgraced n messed up by buhari n his cabals
The same Tinubu that that has no influence outside lagos
The same Tinubu that is gradually losing his influence in the southwest....
Oga you afonjas can continue to be slaves to him cos it has always bin in your nature
The juju he gave u ppl must be So powerful
Am sure if Tinubu asks to knack your wife ,you will gladly give her to him
But dont u ever,not even in ur wildest dream infer that your useless Tinubu wud ever be influencial whatsover outside the yorubas in lagos ,how much more Nigeria at large.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Isiomabright: 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2018
Ambode the masses didn't reject you but Tinubu and co force you out.
I wasn't an APC supporter but I supported your government, because I see some good.
http://www.foxreuter.com/2018/10/akinwunmi-ambode-finally-accept-defeat.html?m=1
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by steevy(m): 5:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
After reading most comments on this page, it is reinforced that we are heading nowhere as a nation and we youths will always be in the back seat. We lament about bad leaders and we had Ambode who worked. Despite his own flaws, he did a very good job working and keeping the political vultures away. We now have someone who works and the same youths lamenting about bad leaders are glorifying Tinubu and writing off Ambode simply because he refused to do one man's bidding (which is the right thing). Make una no worry. You all just get ready for all of us to grind our teeth together cos i can guarantee you that with what i am seeing here, this country will never ever get better. Not in our lifetime.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Henri8: 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2018
meolaniyi:

Lol...teaching other tribes indeed.
Oga/Madam, emancipate yourself from mental, blind, follow follow slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by justinajp: 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
mrjaydee:

Thunder fire Tinubu , he is a Criminal , he is a thief

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by congorasta: 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2018
papiforreal:
Flattinos how far

mind your business, leave d flatinnos,, hunger Dey kill your people, you busy Dey call flatinnos,,,
nawa
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by Basher8583: 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2018
Throwback:
Despite my preference for Ambode to continue with a 2nd term, a direct primary of a political party cannot be faulted as imposition.

Good sportsmanship exhibited by conceding defeat.

It is now left to see if APC's democratic denial of Ambode would be supported by the general Lagos electorate, and if an unknown APC candidate would be able to defeat other political parties, being an open contest without any incumbency.
You are still dreaming. Osun state has not taught you a lesson. You just cant take Lagos state from APC. It didnt happen during the $$ dollar jamboree na now wey PDP is as broke as f@#k that they want to win.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by ChristineC: 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2018
Eluwilussit:

Go and study history, my friend. Since Independence, this is the first time the Yorubas will genuinely be on the winning side. Even in 1999, most of the SW supported Olu Falaye against Obasanjo.Tinubu was on the losing side, though I must admit that he is a great politician.

The North that has held all of us to political, religious and regional ransome, has not even come out to make such a claim. There is no doubt that the SW played the most important roles in the emergence of APC and Buhari, but that does not give the SW a bragging right.

The reason it all played out in favour of the Southwest was PDP and Jonathan factors. The entire North, party notwithstanding, wanted power to rightfully return to the North. APC represented that desire. SE and SS, were already irredeemably enmeshed in PDP and GEJ candidacy. That singular fact, created a conducive platform for SW and the entire North to work together. Excellent, if you ask me.

As great as the outcome of 2015 election may seem to the SW, the entire South has just wittingly or otherwise, played into the hands of the North. Almost all the Northern PDP stalwarts that left before 2015, have come back to PDP to continue the pursuit of their Northern agenda. They achieved their aim.....power to the North. While we in the South are busy sabotaging ourselves and calling it politics. Only Buhari could have uprooted PDP and the entire North knew it. They used him to achieve that.

We in the South, need to stop playing into their hands. We need to stay united and get the MB on board. Then can we truly stop the onslaught by the core North. If we continue to brag individually as SW, SE and SS, instead of a united South, we will continue in servitude to the North. An injustice to anyone of us, should be seen as an injustice to all of us by the entire South.
you have plenty time on your hands sir. the reason why I laugh at the so-called youths in Nigeria is that the ones this foolishness affect the most are the ones that cheer the rogues loudest. Lucifer must truely have landed somewhere around that god-forsaken country.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by wonder233: 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
What I wrote is too complex for you to understand. Please move to the next thread[aquote author=Yambee post=71753105]

Before or after he got disgraced at the ballot?[/quote]
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by LZAA: 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2018
meolaniyi:

Azikiwe,orizu,ironsi,Ekwueme,ukiwe
All these men were influential in power circles yet not once did any of them ever claim to be kingmaker
Thanks to lugard's folly,the north or south must have a partner in order to rule
Btw ur biggest hero is known as a ratak ambassador
Ur second hero was stopped and killed by the caliphate
Ur third hero is just an advanced sai baba lackey
In all honesty i would not call that power grin
Cc immhotep greenback DaBullIT Gmbuharii

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by nice360: 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2018
Amagite3:
Akinwunmi Ambode, governor of Lagos state, has publicly spoken for the first time since he lost the governorship primary election of the the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Ambode just ended his live press conference which was scheduled for 2:30pm, today.

Ambode who was defeated in yesterday's primary election, thanked Lagosians and party members, congratulated Babajide Sanwo-Olu and promised to work with him to move the state forward.

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, a former commissioner in the state, beat the governor to the 2019 ticket.

Sanwo-Olu was backed by influential party leaders in the state, including Bola Tinubu, a former governor of the state.

Sanwo-Olu polled 970,851 votes while the governor had 72,901 votes.

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/10/governor-ambode-accepts-defeat-congratulates-sanwo-olu.html
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, This action u just displayed will forever be Laminated in the heart of we the Lagosians.
You are indeed a great stateman. I'm sure u might have learnt ur lessons.
God bless you my Governor.
Re: Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) by tomdon(m): 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2018
meolaniyi:

Speak for yourself oga
You don't have the right to hold brief for any other yoruba man.
Zombie ode

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

20 States Tinubu Is Certain To Win Come 2023 - Jumper524 / PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries / I'd Give Anything To Know What Osinbajo's Wife Told Aisha Buhari In This Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.