Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC (2289 Views)

I’ll Drop Fight Against Tinubu If Supreme Court Rules In His Favour – Atiku / Supreme Court Faults Self In Amaechi Vs Omehia Case 12 Years After / Saraki Faults INEC Verdict On Osun Polls, Urges PDP Supporters To Remain Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by engineerboat(m): 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2018
The Resident Electoral Commissioner in Osun State, Mr. Olusegun Agbaje, has vowed to resign his appointment if the Supreme Court finds the Independent National Electoral Commission guilty in the conduct of the recently concluded governorship election in the state.

Agbaje said this in his speech in Osogbo on Wednesday during the presentation of Certificate of Return to the Osun State governor-elect, Gboyega Oyetola, of the All Progressives Congress.

Oyetola and the Deputy Governor-elect, Mr. Benedict Alabi, were given the Certificate of Return by the National Electoral Commissioner representing Oyo, Osun and Ekiti States, Mr. Solomon Soyebi, at the INEC office in Osogbo.

The REC said those who were dissatisfied with the outcome of the election had the right to seek redress at election petition tribunal where their case would be examined by the panel.

Agbaje said he and other INEC officials were very neutral and that they did not do anything to give any of the contestants undue advantage over others.

He said, “Nevertheless, I want to reassure the good people of Osun State, particularly our royal fathers and religious leaders, that I was extremely neutral throughout the period of the election. I can positively stress that my staff also did.

“However, if, at the end of litigation at the Supreme Court of Nigeria, the Commission is found culpable of not discharging its responsibility faithfully and diligently, I will take full responsibility for any such laxity, publicly apologise to all Nigerians and thereafter resign my appointment with the commission.”

https://www.punchng.com/ill-resign-if-supreme-court-faults-inec-on-osun-gov-poll-rec/amp/

1 Like

Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by mimimile93: 6:47pm On Oct 03, 2018
INEC is as clean as Maria's hole in this case..

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by fistonati(m): 6:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
All I see is that government has created division between Nigerians

1 Like

Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by Racoon(m): 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
And so shall it be.
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by ojobek: 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2018
and go to jail,hahahaha
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by modath(f): 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2018
For an election to be nullified, there has to be "PROOF" of electoral laws, in this case, circumstantial evidences won't count... wink

P.S.... Y'all can die in my mentions as usual .

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by Nbote(m): 7:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
Apart from robbing and raping Osun ppl of their votes, dey kip rubbing it in their faces with their so called credibility... It's akin to a prostitute trying to convince anyone she's a virgin

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by babyphaze07(m): 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2018
The deed had been done. Adeleke Was the original winner. You should have declared him winner and allow Oyetola to seek redress in court. Nigerians will be happy if Supreme Court will put you to shame.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by aolawale025: 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2018
When an official find himself in a position where he is burdened by the truth. It's best to relieve oneself of that position. Why not resign now?
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by engineerboat(m): 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2018
Guilty conscience
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by Ndonu101: 7:44pm On Oct 03, 2018
Your resignation counts for nothing sir

In this game justice delayed in justice denied

as a university professor stand for the truth at all times, the Osun rerun lacks credibility compared to the first election when these polling units were cancelled

why did you uphold a rerun where police and thugs simply supressed people's votes and the elections were rigged.

It is not the responsibility of INEC to add to the requirements that needs to be satisfied before a candidate is declared winner!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by meolaniyi(m): 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
You will go to Jail, you will go directly to jail. do not pass GO
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by dechriscool(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
I hope you will resign when it will be made clear to you Inec rule guiding election is not superior to constitution of federal republic of Nigeria for making a conclusive election inconcluisve.
I hope you will also tell Nigerians who instructed one of your officials to abscond with election result of one of the polling units in Osogbo.Till date no body have heard about the culprit or any arrest and prosecution of him for deliberately disrupting an election.
I hope you will also explain how your commission was quick to correcting a mistake at Ayaade but waa reluctant to correct the deficit votes PDP was robbed in certain polling unit .
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by saintjimos(m): 8:12pm On Oct 03, 2018
JAIL IS MUCH BETTER

AFTER ROBBING THE PEOPLE'S MANDATE , WHAT ELSE
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by lucy10(f): 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2018
Why won't you resign when you know that sack letter will be waiting for you. You are a disgrace to your generation.
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by temptnow: 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
Not only will you resign, you will also go to prison next year
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by Omeokachie: 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2018
Very confident of the rigging arrangement.
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by gen2briz(m): 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2018
Some of us know that Inec perfected their work well well.. Weldone jàre Mr Agbaje.

With the look of things in Nigeria, na relecation sure pass.

They have perfected everything
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by seborrhic: 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2018
After conniving with the APC to set Nigeria's democracy backwards.
If he wants to be taken serious and feels 100% sure of his conduct in that election,he should have said he would not only resign as inec rec but also as VC with all the salaries due to both offices since he started functioning in both offices.
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2018
A very stupid Afonjaic bastard. After subverting the will of the people and committing what is essentially treason, you would simply resign with the loot APC had bribed you! Is that sufficient recompense? Is that justice?

If the courts ultimately reverse the outcome of the election criminally altered by INEC under your watch, you should be executed legally or extra legally. Or imprisoned FOR LIFE. Resignation isn't enough.
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
Adeleke should go and meet Oshiomole and beg for tips on how he got his electoral victory in court... Alas, this is not possible cos Oshiomole doesn't dance with olodos
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by Rushmore(f): 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
See this one...
Who's begging you to stay before?
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by Bholutife18(f): 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
meolaniyi:
You will go to Jail, you will go directly to jail. do not pass GO
when I see a fellow monopoly player I tend to smile. Don't worry, collect $5 from all posters.
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by lyzeedivah: 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
Re: Call Center Rep. Vacancy (Jobberman)

Please have anybdy cm acros dis msg b4?
This is to inform you that you have been shortlisted for the next stage in our recruitment process. You're expected to do a VoiceNote on WhatsApp introducing yourself and briefly talk about your role as a Call Centre Rep. with American accent and send to 08037432988.

Pls, don't bother doing this if you can't speak American English with the accent.

Submission of VN ends on Fri 05:10:18 by 5pm.

JDC Solution
Re: I’ll Resign If Supreme Court Faults INEC On Osun Gov Poll –REC by cooldipo(m): 5:52am On Oct 04, 2018
Oga don't loose your job cheaply..... INEC took in Ad-hoc staff don't forget

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Buhari, Tinubu React To Saraki's Defeat In Kwara / PDP Leads APC As First Result Emerges / Rabiu Kwankwanso - Very Silent, Very Efficient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.