Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? (5646 Views)

Wants To Use A Schegen Tourist Visa To Enter Europe For Greener Pastures / COVID-19: Travellers From Germany, France, 6 Countries To Undergo 2nd Screening / I Refused A London Visa Because I Want A Schegen Visa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 10:40am On Oct 04, 2018
Hi all.

First off, i don't know whether i would want to "blog" about this or anything but i'm here to give people who might want to visit that area a Zero to 100 understanding of my experience and such.

I'll be posting updates as soon as i can, however it might be infrequent a bit so i apologise in advance grin

Let's get it started.

2 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by NONNYG: 10:54am On Oct 04, 2018
Cool
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2018
nice bro and please add lot of pics.
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
TFLASHOGEE:
nice bro and please add lot of pics.

Sure i would.
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
First off is departure from MMA (Murtala Mohammed Airport).

Make you life easy - Just take a taxify or cab to the International departure and safe the stress of saving little pennies that can cost a lot more.

Here are some key points at MMA

1. Luggage:

You know Naija, we travel like we're relocating. undecided Please travel with essentials especially if you're going on a trip. Things like toothbrush and paste you think don't cost are about 3- 10 euro depending on the country (Yeah, you'll be pissed) plus keep a WINTERCOAT OR JACKET READY no matter the weather, it's still colder than Nigeria so you'll need it.

Also you'll get charged extra for luggage above your carrier's limit which a lot of people might be unaware of, but for the frugal minded, take note.

2. Getting there on time:

Please when you're praying for safe journey abroad, also pray for time awareness. Once you start travelling, time is essential over anything. If you get to the airport later than the time for checkin which is usually 45 mins - 1 hr, you can't board the flight. embarassed Newsflash- You'll pay to rebook your flight for another day which can cost from $100 to about $300 depending on the carrier and how quickly you do such. Time is money to oyinbo people.

3. Documents:

Get your documents in order. Simple. Get a folder, zip bag or something that'll carry your yellow card (health insurance), Invitation letter, Passport, Flight ticket and any other supporting document or ID ( also have an e-copy of all these) so that you will not lose them and better still you'll quickly produce them calmly when travelling.

4. Purpose of visit:

I can't count how many times i was asked such. Please keep it simple guys. No need for our usual ways of explaining why you want to visit your relatives even when you're there for business. If you're for business simply state the business, produce your id or document supporting it(if asked) then move on.

More to come...

4 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by olajide21: 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2018
I also traveled with Schengen Visa to Germany, France, Luxembourg and Austria in 2012. It was a splendid experience but a short one as i visited all countries in 7days!... Hope you have a good time while in Europe.

3 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by Jamestown123: 3:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
We are waiting
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by chukxie(m): 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2018
Present sir! Let the class begin. I'm patiently waiting to learn a thing or two here.

1 Like

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by KendrickAyomide: 7:07am On Oct 05, 2018
pictures please

1 Like

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by NONNYG: 8:25am On Oct 05, 2018
Nice thread @OP, I hope Thread Derailers Association of Nigeria (TDAN), won’t storm here soon
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 05, 2018
chukxie:
Present sir! Let the class begin. I'm patiently waiting to learn a thing or two here.

Please leave the classroom with immediate effect, you wey duh de Asia (China, Japan, S.Korea) for very long time now.... Wetin u still de find? Leave am for we wey de Naija Akure. Abeg shocked

1 Like

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 05, 2018
@OP, how this Belgium take be? Which would you prefer to live and work? Germany or Belgium?
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 8:46am On Oct 05, 2018
ayosamlove:
@OP, how this Belgium take be? Which would you prefer to live and work? Germany or Belgium?

They're both good. however things are costly in Germany like Coke, beer etc.

also a lot of multi lingual people in both places, for cost of living Belgium is better.

2 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 8:46am On Oct 05, 2018
Thanks for the comments guys, expect Post overload today..

1 Like

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 10:10am On Oct 05, 2018
ON THE FLIGHT.

Getting to the waiting area for the checking in should be simple enough, every airline has their waiting area printed on your ticket. Also there are signs and people who can help you get there.

Here's the first pic of many..

1 Like

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 10:14am On Oct 05, 2018
Always take note of your flight time and the rest, please go through immigration and their other shenenigans.

NOTE: There's something called travel allowance. It's the cash you should have on hand if you want to travel. You should have at least $1000 just to avoid arguments and all.

Please take note.

Well, you get to the plane, kindly find your exact seat, if not you'll be directed to yours and you don't want that so it's best to ask questions. Asking questions is very important when travelling.

3 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 10:15am On Oct 05, 2018
Here's what would take a lot of your time, the head monitor with movies, news and all.. grin

2 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2018
If you're on a direct flight then all's well and good. If you're in a connecting flight it's important to note the flight time and boarding hanger in the connecting country please you don't want to get lost in transit and have complications. It's best to rest and sleep on the flight and be fresh when you land.

Also, Keep your phone battery charged at all times. I can't say how much this is needed badly. You would probably have only expensive roaming so the other source of communication would be whatsapp, skype etc. Look for free wireless and stay in touch with anything happening around you.

2 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by Agbaletu: 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2018
Following...
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by chukxie(m): 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2018
ayosamlove:

Please leave the classroom with immediate effect, you wey duh de Asia (China, Japan, S.Korea) for very long time now.... Wetin u still de find? Leave am for we wey de Naija Akure. Abeg shocked

Hahaha! There's always something new to learn na. See as you just expose me finish. You be DSS? grin
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by willsonzzy: 10:56pm On Oct 05, 2018
Okada drop me for here...space booked

1 Like

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 06, 2018
willsonzzy:
Okada drop me for here...space booked

Sssssssss.... Abeg help me stop the Okada man before e go far, d OP de dull me for update here, make I de go....

Ah ah, bro 200 naira to Akure motor park Wetin happen nah.... nah 70 naira bike I carry come here ooo. grin grin

1 Like

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by benpedro(m): 5:38am On Oct 06, 2018
Following. I look forward to taking this trip next summer if Jehovah wishes.
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by SaintHilary(m): 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2018
Na here e dey happen nw...adon book space
$20 for each of my seat grin
Oya OP Ji!..Masun..cum drop update cool

3 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2018
Bro, update.
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2018
Next thing: Language.

please those who passed French in school should dust off their books, however it isn't helpful much. SPOKEN FRENCH IS A BIT DIFFERENT FROM WRITTEN FRENCH.

please get a YouTube video or so and get a hang of things, next up try and understand the basic words and greetings especially "TU parle anglais?" which is do you speak English? Lol. very useful.

Also noticed that they're more English speakers in Germany than France. funny but true, guess French is enough for French people.

Directions in trains and train stations are important. As a fresh person please make sure you're early to anything so that you can make time for getting lost and asking questions.

Google map. This is your friend and savior. You'll need it to get acquainted with landmarks and the rest since you don't know road and the roads are narrow and interlinked, confusion can make a journey of 5 mins be one of 5 hours!

I'll get more updates but I want everyone to understand the basics first.

next up, I'll be talking accommodation across various places.

3 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by bayocanny: 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
okada oya park! na the place be dis.....

2 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
Transportation.

Trains.

Very common in Germany than France in my opinion. Generally you can get train tickets to various places and have to enjoy their free WIFI at the Station as well as inside there. One more thing, Kindly note your seat numbers and enjoy a nice ride!

3 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by Ayomide94(m): 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
great thread
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
Cars on the road aren't the usual.

Everywhere be quiet and all. It's kinda like listening to Undertaker's theme song on the low. Beyond that, it's pretty safe to walk around with zebra crossing working fine, the traffic amount is little, there are bikes, Rollerskates and good old fashioned legging.

Having a car isn't so much of a big deal as it is here.

Train station pics, Mini-Cooper,etc

3 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2018
THE PEOPLE:

Man everyone minds their business. If you like fall on the floor out of hunger or something, the best you're going to get is someone calling the ambulance for you. Beggars are everywhere, Arabs, Blacks and all.

If there's one thing you'll understand is LIFE- Life Is bleeped up Everywhere.

You need to have your money right, if not it's hard for you. Things are expensive in Europe so don't get the notion that you're coming to pick some cash here. The first thing is to make sure that you have money enough to sustain yourself before you build from there. For other info, PM me .

4 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
Some extra pics to go with...

Stores, Opera House, Cinema etc

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Those Who Think Boarding A Plane Is An Achievement, See This: Photo / Ilorin To Akure By Road. / Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.