Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? (2707 Views)

Man Gifts Wife A Car For Staying With Him When He Had Just A Motorcycle / Staying With Your Mother Inlaw / My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by wonderfulperson(f): 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
Please i will appreciate advice from friends here that have been in marriage for longer time, is it wise to stay with your husbands much younger brother(26 yrs old) where your husband doesnt work in that city, in other words, he does not stay with you he comes and goes back some weekends.
Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by Ngenge(m): 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
It depends on certain factors. Are u working or is he working? How large is the house you are staying?

1 Like

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by olawaz1: 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2018
It is not good. This is call seclusion. Avoid it. Even no religion accept this...

3 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by sinaj(f): 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2018
Will you be strong enough to overcome temptation if they arise

5 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by GraGra247(m): 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2018
wonderfulperson:
Please i will appreciate advice from friends here that have been in marriage for longer time, is it wise to stay with your husbands much younger brother(26 yrs old) where your husband doesnt work in that city, in other words, he does not stay with you he comes and goes back some weekends.

Its a No! No! No! No! Capital NO!!

It kills marriages faster than poison especially in this case where your husband is hardly around.

Your brother in law should give you people space. If not things will go wrong and your husband will still blame you.

Make your husband see this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by wonderfulperson(f): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
Ngenge:
It depends on certain factors. Are u working or is he working? How large is the house you are staying?

Is one bedroom apartment, and am not working yet, but he just started work
Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by shege45: 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
Una go still f**k last last

1 Like

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2018
One bedroom apartment, even if you tick all boxes correctly, you see disrespect and proper SEE FINISH, that one is inevitable.

Depending on your level of tolerance and his own personality, you can work things out with laid down rules. His stay should be temporal too. You can't completely say NO. Your brother inlaw is part of your family.

4 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by Kaybthaniels(m): 4:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
grin

sinaj:
Will you be strong enough to overcome temptation if they arise
Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by yvelchstores(f): 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2018
I don't know why this is predominant amongst we igbos. I can't and won't.
A typical Igbo man trusts his brother with his life and so trust him with his wife too.

3 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by sacx: 10:36am On Oct 05, 2018
It's a reg flag. Avoid it by every possible means

1 Like

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by wonderfulperson(f): 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2018
yettymuse:
One bedroom apartment, even if you tick all boxes correctly, you see disrespect and proper SEE FINISH, that one is inevitable.

Depending on your level of tolerance and his own personality, you can work things out with laid down rules. His stay should be temporal too. You can't completely say NO. Your brother inlaw is part of your family.

Thank you.
Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by wonderfulperson(f): 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2018
GraGra247:

Its a No! No! No! No! Capital NO!!

It kills marriages faster than poison especially in this case where your husband is hardly around.

Your brother in law should give you people space. If not things will go wrong and your husband will still blame you.

Make your husband see this thread.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by ladyP30(f): 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2018
Personally I don't like that idea of staying with anyone as a young couple to avoid any issues that may arise, nd you know hubby is not always around to witness everything that will be going on nd on your own part u will not be comfortable knowing fully well he is a guy I always like my privacy biko
Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by Evacroft: 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2018
Whether ur Hubby is around or not pls dont,whether u live in a mansion or 1 bedroom Hut, Don't.
Once he comes it might take years to get him to leave. Except it is those responsible nice inlaws that knows that which they are been given is ur space,else they stay put for years and in turns makes marriage extreme work. Goodluck
Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by peacengine(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2018
One bedroom wink

1 Like

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by kilode100(f): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2018
Since you are not working, why don't you move to your husband's base? Na so e dey start o...

2 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by Alexgeneration(m): 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
wonderfulperson:

Will you ask this same question if he was your brother?

Will you be comfortable if your husband rejects an opportunity for your brother to come stay with him to better his life?

I hope you will not feel bad if this your in-law refuses to help your children when they need it most?

Wisdom is profitable to direct

1 Like

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by midastouch040(f): 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
Pls you guys or his parents should rent a room self con for him. He is 26 years of age. An adult.

Your house is just one bedroom apartment. Where will he sleep and change clothes ? In your room? Parlour?
Haba. If he still comes, Pls let it be temporary. Or you guys get a two bedroom apartment.

1 Like

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by jashar(f): 8:01am On Oct 08, 2018
I still don't get why relatives rush to live in newly married couples homes.

Where were they staying before the couple got married? Madam, it's not wise to stay alone with your brother in law. Go and stay with your husband or let the brother in law stay somewhere else.

3 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by thorpido(m): 9:00am On Oct 08, 2018
It's an awkward arrangement.
Since you are not working yet,why don't you move to where your hubby is?
I can understand that that may be the only accommodation he can get in that city but your hubby and him should make his stay short by getting his own accommodation.
Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by GuntersChain(m): 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2018
Will you be able to handle the complication that might arise from this effect. Do not fetch any infested firewood. You and your hubby should enjoy your marriage without any intrusion from family members.
Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by robosky02(m): 1:09pm On May 11, 2020
Evacroft:
Whether ur Hubby is around or not pls dont,whether u live in a mansion or 1 bedroom Hut, Don't.
Once he comes it might take years to get him to leave. Except it is those responsible nice inlaws that knows that which they are been given is ur space,else they stay put for years and in turns makes marriage extreme work. Goodluck

Of course in-law are the root of many marriage aside sex and money
Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by veave(f): 2:34pm On May 11, 2020
Why should anyone even think of that arrangement. One bedroom apartment? With a single man? You're trying to dress up and he barges in. Hehe. Okay
Re: Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It? by Mindlog: 3:19pm On May 11, 2020
Very inappropriate.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Come To My Aid!!! / Are Illegimate Child Considered Legitimate Even After The Parents Latter Married / My Mother In-law Is Suffocating My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.