Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,279 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

My Experience "Ringing" An Engine - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience "Ringing" An Engine (34136 Views)

This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine / 6 Indications Your Car Needs An Engine Rebuilt / These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by weyreypey: 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2018
temmym4:

Just for the record bros, i hardly drive without putting on the AC.

Guess what? The AC even feel better now compared to when the engine was in its previous status that feels as if the car is pulling another car.

u can even put on the AC and use Gear "2" climb high bump easily without stress grin

Manual drivers, are u feeling me? grin
Don't start the manual transmission Vs auto transmission shiiii here...

That you chose a sufferhead style doesn't give you da right to badmouth other jolly car owners

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by OgaKazeem(m): 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2018
dru23:

Now I know why dey call you kazzem.. Wetin be 30w70.. Na new oil be that.... So make I come give you my car to fix abi.. U just showed urself now ...

Ah!!! U nefa hear about d oyel? Na him we dey use now o. E strong kakaraka. D oyel no dey spoil. U fit use an for 3 years sef. E go work.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by weyreypey: 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2018
OgaKazeem:

Ah!!! U nefa hear about d oyel? Na him we dey use now o. E strong kakaraka. D oyel no dey spoil. U fit use an for 3 years sef. E go work. contact dru23 for buying
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by TRYGO(m): 7:04am On Oct 06, 2018
Anyone that tells you an engine can't be rebuilt, is either that person does not have e the expertise, or the person must have e being brainwashed that YOU MUST REPLACE AN ENGINE.

Factors that could only hamper engine rebuilds are,
1. lack of funds
2. incompetence (skills, and not following best practices).
3. myth widely held that such engines don't last.
4. not using original overhauling parts

Depending on what the customer wants, and what he can afford.

I have rebuilt Lexus, Highlanders (2gr, 3MZ etc) , Nissan infinity M45(V8), corollas, and even hybrid vehicles, that are still in service NOW.

My advice to anyone contemplating rebuilds, make sure your mechanic knows what he has doing.

Give them ample time to do the work.

Don't rush them.

My engine rebuilds have a duration of 1week.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/whatsapp)
DW NIG LTD
www.dxta.net.ng

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by jam04(m): 9:04am On Oct 06, 2018
homeboy205:

Yes I drive everywhere with AC even during cold days just to see if the engine will pack up early after ringing but it's getting stronger...
Not using AC after rebuilt is just a myth...

kindly share your mechanic info..ibadan is like my second home
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by temmym4(m): 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2018
weyreypey:

Don't start the manual transmission Vs auto transmission shiiii here...

That you chose a sufferhead style doesn't give you da right to badmouth other jolly car owners

What is this one saying.
How does my post get to relate with Manual vs Auto shii?

You believed using AC with a refurbished Engine wont work, i told u i use the stuff everyday and it's even smoother, tested with a manual tranny on gear 2 climbing a bump, which someone who knows how to drive the same tranny can relate to.. and u turned it to something else, carrying the matter for head like a Gala seller.
The reason you are upset now, i don't know.

Please carry your anger or fight elsewhere, pick someone who is interested. pls! God bless u.

14 Likes

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by homeboy205: 7:50am On Oct 07, 2018
I don't think he has car self, people like gazzuz should be asking those question but they know it's possible. I've seen this guy spil anger on every thread.

AC WORKS AFTER REBUILD

5 Likes

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by Besto(m): 10:29am On Oct 07, 2018
homeboy205:

Yes I drive everywhere with AC even during cold days just to see if the engine will pack up early after ringing but it's getting stronger...
Not using AC after rebuilt is just a myth...

Oil � dey your head. Fired my A.C 2 weeks after ringing. Cold dey catch me for inside hot sun now.
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by homeboy205: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
I think you forgot your reading skills go back and read before spilling gobbledygook

quote author=Besto post=71859619Oil � dey your head. Fired my A.C 2 weeks after ringing. Cold dey catch me for inside hot sun now. [/quote]
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by TRYGO(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
@temmym4. Can you just let these people be? If they don't believe you, and that's possible to have any engine rebuilt to standard, then let it be.

Sometimes, only personal experiences can convince other people.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/whatsapp)
DW Nig Ltd
Lagos
www.dxta.net.ng
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by carbon1224(m): 6:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
Do you have a good Kazeem that can rebuild engine around ikorodu
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by Besto(m): 9:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
homeboy205:
I think you forgot your reading skills go back and read before spilling gobbledygook

quote author=Besto post=71859619Oil � dey your head. Fired my A.C 2 weeks after ringing. Cold dey catch me for inside hot sun now.

Lol.. You probably didn't get my message. Actually meant i'm in full support of your notion.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by glurxy: 6:57am On Oct 08, 2018
homeboy205:
I had a problem with Toyota Camry 2002 its barely 2 years and it started shorting oil, had to top up every now and then.. Went to my Kazeem he boasted about been the ring master saying I shouldn't worry he's good at it. I was considering buying a new engine but I was broke. So I opted for Kazeem advice , the job took 2 days.

***PLEASE NOTE****

This is where I know the Kazeem is truly a ring master. He ordered for a ring that is wider than my cylinder bore(ring for a cylinder rebore by 10 or so but my cylinder bore is still good doesn't need rebore).. He took his time
Like 5 hours ringing the 4 cylinder. He put them one by one inside the piston house then run it down and up, it be hard because the rings are wider, then he will
Bring it out again and file it down to size until it can easily move in the cylinder bore. Out of all the compression rings and oil rings for the 4 cylinder he only over file just one oil ring by a little I mean a little loose but he insisted of not using it saying it will destroy all the other perfect job so We had to order for that again. He made sure to take his time. The whole job cost 55k

Well long story short

This was about 7 months ago... car runs GREAT under full load.. I have done 160 to Lagos and back to ibadan in the same day... I have done 160 to ado back to IB the same day... Car doesn't break down and engine oil is stable and compression is great...

Even Eyinbo dey rebuild

If you are in Ib and need my Kazeem service holla

Modified **
I didn't use AC for complete 2 weeks immediately putting new ring, and I didn't accelerate the car above 2000rpm, courtsey advice of Kazeem

Abeg I need Kazeem's number

1 Like

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by weyreypey: 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2018
temmym4:

What is this one saying.
How does my post get to relate with Manual vs Auto shii?

You believed using AC with a refurbished Engine wont work, i told u i use the stuff everyday and it's even smoother, tested with a manual tranny on gear 2 climbing a bump, which someone who knows how to drive the same tranny can relate to.. and u turned it to something else, carrying the matter for head like a Gala seller.
The reason you are upset now, i don't know.

Please carry your anger or fight elsewhere, pick someone who is interested. pls! God bless u.

tahh
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by homeboy205: 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
weyreypey:

tahh

Do you own a car at all

1 Like

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by weyreypey: 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2018
homeboy205:

Do you own a car at all

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by Oooops: 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2019
temmym4:
I have decided to share this with everyone just to help someone out there who might be in the shoe i was once in.

As a lover of Manual Tranny, i missed and wanted to keep one at home to drive so i eventually got a fairly used Nissan Primera p11 (1998) quite clean and ok, but one issue, Revving the engine brings out smoke from the exhaust, not a serious smoke actually but if u are the type that know your onions, it is clearly an indication that Valves and/or Rings and starting to worn out and allowing oil into them little by little.

*Please note that i knew about this before i agree with the deal and the price the vehicle was given out was ok for me to replace the engine if i wish to.

I guess this happened due to the Negligence of the former owner and the type of engine oil he uses.

The thing is, u cant find out yourself except if someone rev the vehicle for you while u watch from the rear.

Some other days, the vehicle brings out smokes for few seconds after parking overnight.

Apart from the smoking part, i took time to check underneath the engine bottom plate or oil pan (not a mechanic so i actually don't know what that is called) and found oil at the bottom, which actually indicates there is a leak. And d way thing look dow there, i can see that the pan hit a hard stuff and i guess there is a little crack

Now there are 3 things involved,
1. My engine oil is leaking from the bottom due to a crack oil pan
2. It sometimes brings out blue smoke after parking a long time, for instance, overnight.. then stops, i.e valve seals are bad.
3. Revving a bit higher brings out blue smokes too, visible only to people behind u.. i.e my Piston rings are beginning to go bad already.

Although the car moves well and the engine still very active, i know i v got to get solution to those stuffs before it kills the engine and probably smoking all day on with no compression later on.

Did i tell u i had to top 1L of oil every 2 weeks since it's shortening and after a long journey?

I decided to visit a trusted mechanic and i explained things to him.

On the issue of engine, i had an option of either buying another one which costs about 130k or rebuild my existing one with new valve seals and rings which costs around 30k.

I have heard a lot of sad stories concerning ringing so i opted that one out. Some even said it doesn't last more than 6 months.
He smiled and explained some things to me.

"A successful Ringing involves an experience mechanic and also using genuine parts, " and that "some of the engines which is even sold to people as tokunbo are the refurbished ones, worked on with new rings by us here and resold as tokunbo"

I wasn't really convinced at first but after some months i made a calculation..

*A new Tokunbo engine costs around 130k (I wasn't ready to spend that on something am not even sure of the quality)

*My mechanic will rebuild my old engine for 30k

*I buy 1Litre oil for top-up every 2weeks at 2k, thats 4k for a month, apart from the regular service i do every 2 months with an oil of 4k.

So for a total of 6 months, l will use about 10Litres (10 cans of 1L) topping oil and 8Litres (2 cans of 4L) for regular servicing which makes a total of N28,000 just for the oil aside workmanship.

Now, why not put this money together and try out the engine ringing, use it for the same 6months. It's iron cast built engine anyway so it shouldn't be very hard for a successful rebuilding afterall, according to what i got online.

Besides, the money is not even up to what some people will give to a lady or buy drinks at a go. Even some people spend more than that to service their cars just one month.

Job started, oil pan was replaced.. New rings and valve seals done. The whole job took 3 days.

Before i went to pick it up, i read about what and what not to do after ringing an engine so i got that covered

Throughout my journey home, i wasn't convenient driving the car as i was busy listening to any sign of somethin breaking in the engine . grin.. Infact i go drive small and open the bonnet to check if water has mixed with the engine oil, or maybe coolant is now inside the gear oil grin

There was even a point where i could smell oil burning when the engine was warm after driving some minutes, i pulled over to see if oil has splashed all over the road grin

I have never paid attention to all my dashboard gauges like that single moment of driving away from mechanic workshop after the ring was done.

After that day, i began a countdown when that 6 months will come. More like someone who is waiting for a death sentence. Damn, some people can give u fear and discouragement ehn grin

To cut the long story short. 6 months has come and gone, car is used everyday and travels long journeys too, smoke no gree come o, instead na water vapor dey come out of it's exhaust every morning.. Especially steaming during cold mornings grin

Not a single drop of oil again either underneath or on oil stick.

The only thing i do now is change the oil and filter every 3 months or 3000KM whichever comes first. Nothin more.

Imagine still letting myself suffer till now and wasting money just because some Kazeems did a bad job for someone else, either an inexperienced one or he purposely bought knock off piston rings.

Also the first 1000KM after ringing matters too. I had to follow instructions online on how to break-in vehicle with new rings properly, i don't just depend on my mechanic advice only.

And yes, a "Kazeem" did the job for me,

My advice.

*Never let anyone push you, listen to advises, make use of the one that favours you, don't just just follow others' footsteps.

*Not everyone has got a lost of cash in the bank and can afford to buy a Tokunbo engine.

*Just because Mr A's job wasn't done successfully doesn't quite mean yours will follow the same pattern

*Don't be too stingy with your mechanic, you will be at the receiving end since they ll keep cheating you and buying you knock off parts, don't act too wise. Especially when rebuilding engine

*Get a competent mechanic with a fear of God who ll tell you the truth, it will help you and your car a lot

*I think Iron cast built engines are better rebuilt compared to the Aluminium ones. Infact i wont advice anyone with aluminium engine to rebuild, my own opinion.

*Personally, i feel getting competent mechanics that specializes on commercial vehicle will do a better job rebuilding an engine. My own opinion and from experience though.

My own story though. I hope it helps someone out there.
Please share your experience too if you ever had an engine rebuilt, maybe someone out there can learn from the perfection and mistakes as well.
Hello pls I sent u a DM. Having same issues with my car and need a trusted Kazeem to help me ring my car too. A Toyota corrolla 04.
I'll love to have your mechanics contact since obviously he did a good job for u.
Thanks bro

4 Likes

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by Asumns: 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2019
This exact what I've been facing for few days now but my car is diesel engine, nd my base is ibadan. I need sound mechanic who can ring my diesel engine in ibadan please.
temmym4:
I have decided to share this with everyone just to help someone out there who might be in the shoe i was once in.

As a lover of Manual Tranny, i missed and wanted to keep one at home to drive so i eventually got a fairly used Nissan Primera p11 (1998) quite clean and ok, but one issue, Revving the engine brings out smoke from the exhaust, not a serious smoke actually but if u are the type that know your onions, it is clearly an indication that Valves and/or Rings and starting to worn out and allowing oil into them little by little.

*Please note that i knew about this before i agree with the deal and the price the vehicle was given out was ok for me to replace the engine if i wish to.

I guess this happened due to the Negligence of the former owner and the type of engine oil he uses.

The thing is, u cant find out yourself except if someone rev the vehicle for you while u watch from the rear.

Some other days, the vehicle brings out smokes for few seconds after parking overnight.

Apart from the smoking part, i took time to check underneath the engine bottom plate or oil pan (not a mechanic so i actually don't know what that is called) and found oil at the bottom, which actually indicates there is a leak. And d way thing look dow there, i can see that the pan hit a hard stuff and i guess there is a little crack

Now there are 3 things involved,
1. My engine oil is leaking from the bottom due to a crack oil pan
2. It sometimes brings out blue smoke after parking a long time, for instance, overnight.. then stops, i.e valve seals are bad.
3. Revving a bit higher brings out blue smokes too, visible only to people behind u.. i.e my Piston rings are beginning to go bad already.

Although the car moves well and the engine still very active, i know i v got to get solution to those stuffs before it kills the engine and probably smoking all day on with no compression later on.

Did i tell u i had to top 1L of oil every 2 weeks since it's shortening and after a long journey?

I decided to visit a trusted mechanic and i explained things to him.

On the issue of engine, i had an option of either buying another one which costs about 130k or rebuild my existing one with new valve seals and rings which costs around 30k.

I have heard a lot of sad stories concerning ringing so i opted that one out. Some even said it doesn't last more than 6 months.
He smiled and explained some things to me.

"A successful Ringing involves an experience mechanic and also using genuine parts, " and that "some of the engines which is even sold to people as tokunbo are the refurbished ones, worked on with new rings by us here and resold as tokunbo"

I wasn't really convinced at first but after some months i made a calculation..

*A new Tokunbo engine costs around 130k (I wasn't ready to spend that on something am not even sure of the quality)

*My mechanic will rebuild my old engine for 30k

*I buy 1Litre oil for top-up every 2weeks at 2k, thats 4k for a month, apart from the regular service i do every 2 months with an oil of 4k.

So for a total of 6 months, l will use about 10Litres (10 cans of 1L) topping oil and 8Litres (2 cans of 4L) for regular servicing which makes a total of N28,000 just for the oil aside workmanship.

Now, why not put this money together and try out the engine ringing, use it for the same 6months. It's iron cast built engine anyway so it shouldn't be very hard for a successful rebuilding afterall, according to what i got online.

Besides, the money is not even up to what some people will give to a lady or buy drinks at a go. Even some people spend more than that to service their cars just one month.

Job started, oil pan was replaced.. New rings and valve seals done. The whole job took 3 days.

Before i went to pick it up, i read about what and what not to do after ringing an engine so i got that covered

Throughout my journey home, i wasn't convenient driving the car as i was busy listening to any sign of somethin breaking in the engine . grin.. Infact i go drive small and open the bonnet to check if water has mixed with the engine oil, or maybe coolant is now inside the gear oil grin

There was even a point where i could smell oil burning when the engine was warm after driving some minutes, i pulled over to see if oil has splashed all over the road grin

I have never paid attention to all my dashboard gauges like that single moment of driving away from mechanic workshop after the ring was done.

After that day, i began a countdown when that 6 months will come. More like someone who is waiting for a death sentence. Damn, some people can give u fear and discouragement ehn grin

To cut the long story short. 6 months has come and gone, car is used everyday and travels long journeys too, smoke no gree come o, instead na water vapor dey come out of it's exhaust every morning.. Especially steaming during cold mornings grin

Not a single drop of oil again either underneath or on oil stick.

The only thing i do now is change the oil and filter every 3 months or 3000KM whichever comes first. Nothin more.

Imagine still letting myself suffer till now and wasting money just because some Kazeems did a bad job for someone else, either an inexperienced one or he purposely bought knock off piston rings.

Also the first 1000KM after ringing matters too. I had to follow instructions online on how to break-in vehicle with new rings properly, i don't just depend on my mechanic advice only.

And yes, a "Kazeem" did the job for me,

My advice.

*Never let anyone push you, listen to advises, make use of the one that favours you, don't just just follow others' footsteps.

*Not everyone has got a lost of cash in the bank and can afford to buy a Tokunbo engine.

*Just because Mr A's job wasn't done successfully doesn't quite mean yours will follow the same pattern

*Don't be too stingy with your mechanic, you will be at the receiving end since they ll keep cheating you and buying you knock off parts, don't act too wise. Especially when rebuilding engine

*Get a competent mechanic with a fear of God who ll tell you the truth, it will help you and your car a lot

*I think Iron cast built engines are better rebuilt compared to the Aluminium ones. Infact i wont advice anyone with aluminium engine to rebuild, my own opinion.

*Personally, i feel getting competent mechanics that specializes on commercial vehicle will do a better job rebuilding an engine. My own opinion and from experience though.

My own story though. I hope it helps someone out there.
Please share your experience too if you ever had an engine rebuilt, maybe someone out there can learn from the perfection and mistakes as well.

1 Like

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by Asumns: 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
pls let me know when you get any trusted one. I need sound mechanic who can ring my diesel engine in ibadan please.
Oooops:

Hello pls I sent u a DM. Having same issues with my car and need a trusted Kazeem to help me ring my car too. A Toyota corrolla 04.
I'll love to have your mechanics contact since obviously he did a good job for u.
Thanks bro
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by happydude: 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
Pls ogas what's the procedure of using a car after been rebuilded and when do i have to do a oil change ?
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by temmym4(m): 11:49am On Jan 31, 2019
happydude:
Pls ogas what's the procedure of using a car after been rebuilded and when do i have to do a oil change ?

Bro you can search google for How to properly break in a rebuilt engine.

if i can remember, some of the caution i took for the first 1000KM was

No extended idle time i.e I didn't put the car on idle/warming for a long time
I drove easily, no high speed, high acceleration or high power driving
I change the gears as much as possible so my rpm won't be constant
No High load, anything that will drop my engine power especially AC is put on hold
No long Journeys, no stress on the engine.

I think 1000KM is enough to change the oil. i did mine after driving about 900KM (3 to 4 weeks) or so.

1 Like

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by OShepherd: 5:21am On Feb 10, 2019
The fear of LadipO Hustlers! Hmmmm
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by 2beereal: 9:04pm On May 29, 2019
Good evening Nairalanders 2 months bacmk I realise my car (Toyota Camry 07 4plugs) consumes more oil compared to some months before then I service every 2000km it doesn’t have to be every month and I also change it within the filter. To my surprise today on changing the oil I realise the oil was so little like a sachet of pure water then checked the smoke coming out of my engine it’s a white smoke whenever I rave high. Pls what’s happening. I need an advice ASAP I use this car for uber and I drive it everyday I don’t want it to get stuck meanwhile I use mobil oil recommended by the for the car.
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by dru23(m): 9:31pm On May 29, 2019
2beereal:
Good evening Nairalanders 2 months bacmk I realise my car (Toyota Camry 07 4plugs) consumes more oil compared to some months before then I service every 2000km it doesn’t have to be every month and I also change it within the filter. To my surprise today on changing the oil I realise the oil was so little like a sachet of pure water then checked the smoke coming out of my engine it’s a white smoke whenever I rave high. Pls what’s happening. I need an advice ASAP I use this car for uber and I drive it everyday I don’t want it to get stuck meanwhile I use mobil oil recommended by the for the car.

From experience, your engine is gone.. Better to get tokunbo engine.. Others will advice you to 'ring' the engine.. The issue I had with my car at that time. It was shorten oil ,the oil will short, and than we add more oil .. We could not find any leak on the ground.. It got to the point that I was topping oil every week. Eventually I had to ring the engine, and it only lasted for less than six months before I sold it .. The reason for the engine issue was my former fleet manager was using cheap oil Mobil XHP wrong grade oil ..

1 Like

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by 2beereal: 1:33pm On May 30, 2019
dru23:

From experience, your engine is gone.. Better to get tokunbo engine.. Others will advice you to 'ring' the engine.. The issue I had with my car at that time. It was shorten oil ,the oil will short, and than we add more oil .. We could not find any leak on the ground.. It got to the point that I was topping oil every week. Eventually I had to ring the engine, and it only lasted for less than six months before I sold it .. The reason for the engine issue was my former fleet manager was using cheap oil Mobil XHP wrong grade oil ..

I use mobile xhp 20w50 does that mean that particular Mobil is not grade enough to service a Toyota Camry 07. Moreso I can still use my car up to 1500km before the oil start going down the last one I serviced was up to 2400km do you think my engine is really gone or I can still find a solution to it
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by dru23(m): 1:43pm On May 30, 2019
2beereal:

I use mobile xhp 20w50 does that mean that particular Mobil is not grade enough to service a Toyota Camry 07
. Moreso I can still use my car up to 1500km before the oil start going down the last one I serviced was up to 2400km do you think my engine is really gone or I can still find a solution to it

You have to look at the oil cap of the engine.. Camry recommend oil is 5w20 or 0w20 .. Anything unless you are basically on your own .. You can always get a second opinion from a specialist, even though nairalanders, road side mechanic, female, blind and deaf and dumb are all mechanic specialist.. Just choose your specialist carefully... but from experience that engine will need to be replace...
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by dru23(m): 1:57pm On May 30, 2019
2beereal:

I use mobile xhp 20w50 does that mean that particular Mobil is not grade enough to service a Toyota Camry 07. Moreso I can still use my car up to 1500km before the oil start going down the last one I serviced was up to 2400km do you think my engine is really gone or I can still find a solution to it

Wish you the best ....

1 Like

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by thebigkendo(m): 4:53pm On May 30, 2019
Dru the Oil Guy grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by TRYGO(m): 5:40pm On May 31, 2019
@tubreal. Your car can still be resuscitated, no matter the state it is presently.
I have rebuilt all sorts of engines, that people considered can never be done, or last after a rebuild.

Highlanders, lexus, Corollas, Camry both hybrid and conventional ones, hondas, Nissans, etc.

Where is your location?

Since you use the car for Uber, are you willing to drop the car with us, and get it rebuilt for a duration of a week?

Pls after the rebuild, if you decide to go with us, do share your experiences on here about your engine.

PS: There is just no need to buy another engine, expect you choose to buy another one.

Here's what is happening to your engine:
1. oil shortages is just as a result of worn piston rings.
Those can be replaced with genuine ones.

2. White smoke basically coolant might be leaking past the rings, or the top cylinder gasket has flattened already, allowing steam. through the combustion chamber.

Your current engine is perfect!

Regards,
Joseph
DW Nig Ltd
Lagos

1 Like

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by TRYGO(m): 5:44pm On May 31, 2019
Dru23: He does not need to get another engine, considering what he is going through right now with the oil shortages and the white smoke.

In your experience, I bet your mechanic either had procedural errors during installations, or sub standard parts were used(unconsciously).

All engines can be rebuilt, no matter their state.

Regards,
Joseph
DW Nig Ltd
Lagos,

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by dru23(m): 5:59pm On May 31, 2019
TRYGO:
Dru23: He does not need to get another engine, considering what he is going through right now with the oil shortages and the white smoke.

In your experience, I bet your mechanic either had procedural errors during installations, or sub standard parts were used(unconsciously).

All engines can be rebuilt, no matter their state.

Regards,
Joseph
DW Nig Ltd
Lagos,

That is why I told him to seek for a specialist and get a second opinion.. I told him to hope for the best and prepare for the worse.. Using 20w50 engine oil on a 2007 Lexus, is the wackiest thing have seen or heard.. I guess people do that a lot, which am not surprised at all .. Those Lexus engines cost a lot and proper care should be taken with them
Now you talk about rebuilt, I don't care if the best mechanic on nairaland or Nigeria rebuild that engine.. Once a mechanic starts touching that engine, trust me that engine will never be the same ... there is nothing like a factory rebuilt engine to me. But either way I wish the young man, best of luck

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LAWMA Truck Crushes Four SUV Cars At 1004 Estate,VI,Lagos(pics) / Words Used To Describe Cars? / Between Honda Accord V-tech And Honda Accord Dx,ex, Lx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.