Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,908 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

My Experience "Ringing" An Engine - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience "Ringing" An Engine (34144 Views)

This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine / 6 Indications Your Car Needs An Engine Rebuilt / These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by solaaje1976(m): 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
Pls i need your contact as a technician my Toyota Camry 02 model is acting wild.

author=homeboy205 post=71797038]I had a problem with Toyota Camry 2002 its barely 2 years and it started shorting oil, had to top up every now and then.. Went to my Kazeem he boasted about been the ring master saying I shouldn't worry he's good at it. I was considering buying a new engine but I was broke. So I opted for Kazeem advice , the job took 2 days.

***PLEASE NOTE****

This is where I know the Kazeem is truly a ring master. He ordered for a ring that is wider than my cylinder bore(ring for a cylinder rebore by 10 or so but my cylinder bore is still good doesn't need rebore).. He took his time
Like 5 hours ringing the 4 cylinder. He put them one by one inside the piston house then run it down and up, it be hard because the rings are wider, then he will
Bring it out again and file it down to size until it can easily move in the cylinder bore. Out of all the compression rings and oil rings for the 4 cylinder he only over file just one oil ring by a little I mean a little loose but he insisted of not using it saying it will destroy all the other perfect job so We had to order for that again. He made sure to take his time. The whole job cost 55k

Well long story short

This was about 7 months ago... car runs GREAT under full load.. I have done 160 to Lagos and back to ibadan in the same day... I have done 160 to ado back to IB the same day... Car doesn't break down and engine oil is stable and compression is great...

Even Eyinbo dey rebuild

If you are in Ib and need my Kazeem service holla

Modified **
I didn't use AC for complete 2 weeks immediately putting new ring, and I didn't accelerate the car above 2000rpm, courtsey advice of Kazeem [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by Crvrider: 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2019
temmym4:
I have decided to share this with everyone just to help someone out there who might be in the shoe i was once in.

As a lover of Manual Tranny, i missed and wanted to keep one at home to drive so i eventually got a fairly used Nissan Primera p11 (1998) quite clean and ok, but one issue, Revving the engine brings out smoke from the exhaust, not a serious smoke actually but if u are the type that know your onions, it is clearly an indication that Valves and/or Rings and starting to worn out and allowing oil into them little by little.

*Please note that i knew about this before i agree with the deal and the price the vehicle was given out was ok for me to replace the engine if i wish to.

I guess this happened due to the Negligence of the former owner and the type of engine oil he uses.

The thing is, u cant find out yourself except if someone rev the vehicle for you while u watch from the rear.

Some other days, the vehicle brings out smokes for few seconds after parking overnight.

Apart from the smoking part, i took time to check underneath the engine bottom plate or oil pan (not a mechanic so i actually don't know what that is called) and found oil at the bottom, which actually indicates there is a leak. And d way thing look dow there, i can see that the pan hit a hard stuff and i guess there is a little crack

Now there are 3 things involved,
1. My engine oil is leaking from the bottom due to a crack oil pan
2. It sometimes brings out blue smoke after parking a long time, for instance, overnight.. then stops, i.e valve seals are bad.
3. Revving a bit higher brings out blue smokes too, visible only to people behind u.. i.e my Piston rings are beginning to go bad already.

Although the car moves well and the engine still very active, i know i v got to get solution to those stuffs before it kills the engine and probably smoking all day on with no compression later on.

Did i tell u i had to top 1L of oil every 2 weeks since it's shortening and after a long journey?

I decided to visit a trusted mechanic and i explained things to him.

On the issue of engine, i had an option of either buying another one which costs about 130k or rebuild my existing one with new valve seals and rings which costs around 30k.

I have heard a lot of sad stories concerning ringing so i opted that one out. Some even said it doesn't last more than 6 months.
He smiled and explained some things to me.

"A successful Ringing involves an experience mechanic and also using genuine parts, " and that "some of the engines which is even sold to people as tokunbo are the refurbished ones, worked on with new rings by us here and resold as tokunbo"

I wasn't really convinced at first but after some months i made a calculation..

*A new Tokunbo engine costs around 130k (I wasn't ready to spend that on something am not even sure of the quality)

*My mechanic will rebuild my old engine for 30k

*I buy 1Litre oil for top-up every 2weeks at 2k, thats 4k for a month, apart from the regular service i do every 2 months with an oil of 4k.

So for a total of 6 months, l will use about 10Litres (10 cans of 1L) topping oil and 8Litres (2 cans of 4L) for regular servicing which makes a total of N28,000 just for the oil aside workmanship.

Now, why not put this money together and try out the engine ringing, use it for the same 6months. It's iron cast built engine anyway so it shouldn't be very hard for a successful rebuilding afterall, according to what i got online.

Besides, the money is not even up to what some people will give to a lady or buy drinks at a go. Even some people spend more than that to service their cars just one month.

Job started, oil pan was replaced.. New rings and valve seals done. The whole job took 3 days.

Before i went to pick it up, i read about what and what not to do after ringing an engine so i got that covered

Throughout my journey home, i wasn't convenient driving the car as i was busy listening to any sign of somethin breaking in the engine . grin.. Infact i go drive small and open the bonnet to check if water has mixed with the engine oil, or maybe coolant is now inside the gear oil grin

There was even a point where i could smell oil burning when the engine was warm after driving some minutes, i pulled over to see if oil has splashed all over the road grin

I have never paid attention to all my dashboard gauges like that single moment of driving away from mechanic workshop after the ring was done.

After that day, i began a countdown when that 6 months will come. More like someone who is waiting for a death sentence. Damn, some people can give u fear and discouragement ehn grin

To cut the long story short. 6 months has come and gone, car is used everyday and travels long journeys too, smoke no gree come o, instead na water vapor dey come out of it's exhaust every morning.. Especially steaming during cold mornings grin

Not a single drop of oil again either underneath or on oil stick.

The only thing i do now is change the oil and filter every 3 months or 3000KM whichever comes first. Nothin more.

Imagine still letting myself suffer till now and wasting money just because some Kazeems did a bad job for someone else, either an inexperienced one or he purposely bought knock off piston rings.

Also the first 1000KM after ringing matters too. I had to follow instructions online on how to break-in vehicle with new rings properly, i don't just depend on my mechanic advice only.

And yes, a "Kazeem" did the job for me,

My advice.

*Never let anyone push you, listen to advises, make use of the one that favours you, don't just just follow others' footsteps.

*Not everyone has got a lost of cash in the bank and can afford to buy a Tokunbo engine.

*Just because Mr A's job wasn't done successfully doesn't quite mean yours will follow the same pattern

*Don't be too stingy with your mechanic, you will be at the receiving end since they ll keep cheating you and buying you knock off parts, don't act too wise. Especially when rebuilding engine

*Get a competent mechanic with a fear of God who ll tell you the truth, it will help you and your car a lot

*I think Iron cast built engines are better rebuilt compared to the Aluminium ones. Infact i wont advice anyone with aluminium engine to rebuild, my own opinion.

*Personally, i feel getting competent mechanics that specializes on commercial vehicle will do a better job rebuilding an engine. My own opinion and from experience though.

My own story though. I hope it helps someone out there.
Please share your experience too if you ever had an engine rebuilt, maybe someone out there can learn from the perfection and mistakes as well.

***UPDATE**
It's almost 2 years already. Car doesnt smoke, everything is still in perfect condition.
Just servicing as at when due will keep your vehicle healthy and it will serve you for long.

What oil brand do you use for servicing; synthetic, synthetic blend, or just plain conventional?
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by IWealthCreator: 1:53am On Oct 05, 2019
Need a good tried and tested honda mechanic at ladipo to do an engine installation, contact would be appreciated.
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by temmym4(m): 9:01am On Oct 28, 2019
TRYGO:
Dru23: He does not need to get another engine, considering what he is going through right now with the oil shortages and the white smoke.

In your experience, I bet your mechanic either had procedural errors during installations, or sub standard parts were used(unconsciously).

All engines can be rebuilt, no matter their state.

Regards,
Joseph
DW Nig Ltd
Lagos,

So True.
My rebuilt engine is 2 years already, not even a single issue.
When you have your car in competent hands, it will seem as if the ride is just built specially compared to the same models plying the same road. #Fact

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by temmym4(m): 9:07am On Oct 28, 2019
Crvrider:

What oil brand do you use for servicing; synthetic, synthetic blend, or just plain conventional?

Just the conventional Forte oil i was using prior to the engine rebuilt.
I was actually adviced to continue using the same oil i do use before the engine was done. Didn't want to argue with him. So i did.
It's over 2 years already anyway. No complain whatsoever.
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by mac04: 9:30pm On Mar 18, 2020
temmym4:
I have decided to share this with everyone just to help someone out there who might be in the shoe i was once in.

As a lover of Manual Tranny, i missed and wanted to keep one at home to drive so i eventually got a fairly used Nissan Primera p11 (1998) quite clean and ok, but one issue, Revving the engine brings out smoke from the exhaust, not a serious smoke actually but if u are the type that know your onions, it is clearly an indication that Valves and/or Rings and starting to worn out and allowing oil into them little by little.

*Please note that i knew about this before i agree with the deal and the price the vehicle was given out was ok for me to replace the engine if i wish to.

I guess this happened due to the Negligence of the former owner and the type of engine oil he uses.

The thing is, u cant find out yourself except if someone rev the vehicle for you while u watch from the rear.

Some other days, the vehicle brings out smokes for few seconds after parking overnight.

Apart from the smoking part, i took time to check underneath the engine bottom plate or oil pan (not a mechanic so i actually don't know what that is called) and found oil at the bottom, which actually indicates there is a leak. And d way thing look dow there, i can see that the pan hit a hard stuff and i guess there is a little crack

2. It sometimes brings out blue smoke after parking a long time, for instance, overnight.. then stops, i.e valve seals are bad.
3. Revving a bit higher brings out blue smokes too, visible only to people behind u.. i.e my Piston rings are beginning to go bad already.

Although the car moves well and the engine still very active, i know i v got to get solution to those stuffs before it kills the engine and probably smoking all day on with no compression later on.

Did i tell u i had to top 1L of oil every 2 weeks since it's shortening and after a long journey?

On the issue of engine, i had an option of either buying another one which costs about 130k or rebuild my existing one with new valve seals and rings which costs around 30k.

I have heard a lot of sad stories concerning ringing so i opted that one out. Some even said it doesn't last more than 6 months.

"A successful Ringing involves an experience mechanic and also using genuine parts, " and that "some of the engines which is even sold to people as tokunbo are the refurbished ones, worked on with new rings by us here and resold as tokunbo"

*A new Tokunbo engine costs around 130k (I wasn't ready to spend that on something am not even sure of the quality)

*I buy 1Litre oil for top-up every 2weeks at 2k, thats 4k for a month, apart from the regular service i do every 2 months with an oil of 4k.

So for a total of 6 months, l will use about 10Litres (10 cans of 1L) topping oil and 8Litres (2 cans of 4L) for regular servicing which makes a total of N28,000 just for the oil aside workmanship.

Now, why not put this money together and try out the engine ringing, use it for the same 6months. It's iron cast built engine anyway so it shouldn't be very hard for a successful rebuilding afterall, according to what i got online.

Besides, the money is not even up to what some people will give to a lady or buy drinks at a go. Even some people spend more than that to service their cars just one month.

Job started, oil pan was replaced.. New rings and valve seals done. The whole job took 3 days.

Before i went to pick it up, i read about what and what not to do after ringing an engine so i got that covered

Throughout my journey home, i wasn't convenient driving the car as i was busy listening to any sign of somethin breaking in the engine . grin.. Infact i go drive small and open the bonnet to check if water has mixed with the engine oil, or maybe coolant is now inside the gear oil grin

There was even a point where i could smell oil burning when the engine was warm after driving some minutes, i pulled over to see if oil has splashed all over the road grin

I have never paid attention to all my dashboard gauges like that single moment of driving away from mechanic workshop after the ring was done.

After that day, i began a countdown when that 6 months will come. More like someone who is waiting for a death sentence. Damn, some people can give u fear and discouragement ehn grin

To cut the long story short. 6 months has come and gone, car is used everyday and travels long journeys too, smoke no gree come o, instead na water vapor dey come out of it's exhaust every morning.. Especially steaming during cold mornings grin

The only thing i do now is change the oil and filter every 3 months or 3000KM whichever comes first. Nothin more.

Imagine still letting myself suffer till now and wasting money just because some Kazeems did a bad job for someone else, either an inexperienced one or he purposely bought knock off piston rings.

Also the first 1000KM after ringing matters too. I had to follow instructions online on how to break-in vehicle with new rings properly, i don't just depend on my mechanic advice only.

My advice.

*Never let anyone push you, listen to advises, make use of the one that favours you, don't just just follow others' footsteps.

*Not everyone has got a lost of cash in the bank and can afford to buy a Tokunbo engine.

*Just because Mr A's job wasn't done successfully doesn't quite mean yours will follow the same pattern

*Don't be too stingy with your mechanic, you will be at the receiving end since they ll keep cheating you and buying you knock off parts, don't act too wise. Especially when rebuilding engine

*Get a competent mechanic with a fear of God who ll tell you the truth, it will help you and your car a lot

*I think Iron cast built engines are better rebuilt compared to the Aluminium ones. Infact i wont advice anyone with aluminium engine to rebuild, my own opinion.

*Personally, i feel getting competent mechanics that specializes on commercial vehicle will do a better job rebuilding an engine. My own opinion and from experience though.

Please share your experience too if you ever had an engine rebuilt, maybe someone out there can learn from the perfection and mistakes as well.

***UPDATE**
It's almost 2 years already. Car doesnt smoke, everything is still in perfect condition.
Just servicing as at when due will keep your vehicle healthy and it will serve you for long.

I need Kazzems number like yesterday. I need to ring my cars engine.I cant afford a new engine now.
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by mac04: 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
solaaje1976:
Pls i need your contact as a technician my Toyota Camry 02 model is acting wild.

author=homeboy205 post=71797038]I had a problem with Toyota Camry 2002 its barely 2 years and it started shorting oil, had to top up every now and then.. Went to my Kazeem he boasted about been the ring master saying I shouldn't worry he's good at it. I was considering buying a new engine but I was broke. So I opted for Kazeem advice , the job took 2 days.

***PLEASE NOTE****

This is where I know the Kazeem is truly a ring master. He ordered for a ring that is wider than my cylinder bore(ring for a cylinder rebore by 10 or so but my cylinder bore is still good doesn't need rebore).. He took his time
Like 5 hours ringing the 4 cylinder. He put them one by one inside the piston house then run it down and up, it be hard because the rings are wider, then he will
Bring it out again and file it down to size until it can easily move in the cylinder bore. Out of all the compression rings and oil rings for the 4 cylinder he only over file just one oil ring by a little I mean a little loose but he insisted of not using it saying it will destroy all the other perfect job so We had to order for that again. He made sure to take his time. The whole job cost 55k

Well long story short

This was about 7 months ago... car runs GREAT under full load.. I have done 160 to Lagos and back to ibadan in the same day... I have done 160 to ado back to IB the same day... Car doesn't break down and engine oil is stable and compression is great...

Even Eyinbo dey rebuild

If you are in Ib and need my Kazeem service holla

Modified **
I didn't use AC for complete 2 weeks immediately putting new ring, and I didn't accelerate the car above 2000rpm, courtsey advice of Kazeem

I need the guys number .pls send to mac04lly@gmail.com or mac05lly@gmail or whatsapp 08115466918.I need to ring my car engine asap.I do not av money to buy new engine now

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by dulawo: 11:23am On Mar 19, 2020
I read your submission on the kazeem magic, I beg you send his number to dulawo@gmail.com or whatsapp 08053505553. It is a favor. Thanks
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by jideoriloye: 8:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
@ Temmym4 can u share the mechanic number that ringed ur Nissan engine to 08036131003
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by larrypourl(m): 9:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
thebigkendo:

One of my oga madam just ringed same motor. Wagon with Manual tranny.. We still dey look am sha.. Its not yet up to 6 months

Boss man. what's the update on Oga madams ringed engine now ?
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by Eddee(m): 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2020
solaaje1976:

Modified **
I didn't use AC for complete 2 weeks immediately putting new ring, and I didn't accelerate the car above 2000rpm, courtsey advice of Kazeem

2 weeks of constant throttle monitoring? That advise no fit work for me. If the rebuilt engine dies, then it dies!

1 Like

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by weyreypey: 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2020
Eddee:

2 weeks of constant throttle monitoring? That advise no fit work for me. If the rebuilt engine dies, then it dies!
Eddee aka nwanneni
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by Eddee(m): 7:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
weyreypey:

Eddee aka nwanneni

His case is different. He drives like the movies! I just don't think I'll be able to subconsciously keep my RPM below 2k.

Las las na to dey warm the car like soup wer wan sour for 2 weeks for inside compound .

1 Like

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
Eddee:

Na because money dey cheesy. Someone who borrowed money from carbon to ring his engine will be like, is it not just two weeks? cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by Eddee(m): 7:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
rationalmind:

Na because money dey cheesy. Someone who borrowed money from carbon to ring his engine will be like, is it not just two weeks? cheesy

Hahaha na true talk baba.
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by phemsie(m): 2:44am On Apr 19, 2020
Can I rebuild a Honda Baby boy engine. My engine is fast losing compression, and I don't want to kill the engine now.
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by nomaison(m): 11:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
fm7070:
Good experience.
Don't dare try rebuilding primera with 2.0 engine
Keep enjoying your ride

Mine was 1995 primera with twin cam engine. Ringed her in 2013 and she is still kicking well. It's a luck thing sha

1 Like

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by MayowAkinz(m): 3:18am On Apr 28, 2020
mac04:

I need the guys number .pls send to mac04lly@gmail.com or mac05lly@gmail or whatsapp 08115466918.I need to ring my car engine asap.I do not av money to buy new engine now
please can I also get his number, my engine has been shorting oil for some while now too.. and now I notice smoke when I rev it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by laurel03(m): 4:14am On Apr 29, 2020
temmym4:

My advice.

***UPDATE**
help us to share his contact or location of the workshop in ibadan
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by CeterisXVII: 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
TRYGO:
Anyone that tells you an engine can't be rebuilt, is either that person does not have e the expertise, or the person must have e being brainwashed that YOU MUST REPLACE AN ENGINE.

Factors that could only hamper engine rebuilds are,
1. lack of funds
2. incompetence (skills, and not following best practices).
3. myth widely held that such engines don't last.
4. not using original overhauling parts

Depending on what the customer wants, and what he can afford.

I have rebuilt Lexus, Highlanders (2gr, 3MZ etc) , Nissan infinity M45(V8), corollas, and even hybrid vehicles, that are still in service NOW.

My advice to anyone contemplating rebuilds, make sure your mechanic knows what he has doing.

Give them ample time to do the work.

Don't rush them.

My engine rebuilds have a duration of 1week.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/whatsapp)
DW NIG LTD
www.dxta.net.ng
Please are you based in Lagos? I have a 2007 Nissan Xterra that has been giving out smoke. The valves were changed recently, but the smoke increased.

Please how can this problem be resolved, without having to buy a new engine? It has an automatic transmission.
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by realphatphem: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2020
Good day.. can you pls share the phone contact of the said mechanic who helped you rebuild your engine.. i urgently need to rebuild my Camry 1999 engine ASAP.. I'm based in Ibadan.. thanks
temmym4:

My advice.

***UPDATE**
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by CeterisXVII: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2020
temmym4:
Just the conventional Forte oil i was using prior to the engine rebuilt.
I was actually adviced to continue using the same oil i do use before the engine was done. Didn't want to argue with him. So i did.
It's over 2 years already anyway. No complain whatsoever.

Please where is your mechanic located? Can he carry out such repairs and 'ringing' on a Nissan Xterra 2007 jeep? In Lagos? Kindly respond.
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by realphatphem: 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
@temmym4; kindly share with me the address and phone number of your said mechanic on realphatphem@gmail.com pls. I'm based in Ibadan and seriously need to ring my camry engine ASAP. Thanks.
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by radautoworks: 4:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
temmym4:

***UPDATE**

THANK YOU!
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by radautoworks: 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
nomaison:

Mine was 1995 primera with twin cam engine. Ringed her in 2013 and she is still kicking well. It's a luck thing sha
not luck, skill

1 Like

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by temmym4(m): 1:33pm On Aug 17, 2020
realphatphem:
@temmym4; kindly share with me the address and phone number of your said mechanic on realphatphem@gmail.com pls. I'm based in Ibadan and seriously need to ring my camry engine ASAP. Thanks.

His name is ID (0703 464 9424) He is based in Akure, Ondo State.
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by pstrings: 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
Pls send me your mechanic no..am in ib and i wanna ring my engine... Pls send to 08067715573..
homeboy205:

Yes I drive everywhere with AC even during cold days just to see if the engine will pack up early after ringing but it's getting stronger...
Not using AC after rebuilt is just a myth...

Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by pstrings: 8:14pm On Oct 03, 2020
weyreypey:

With the AC on?
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by omoakin22: 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
it only ibadan you can get good mechanic I ring my bmw 7 years ago is still roaring like lion
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by Deeni131: 1:16am On Oct 15, 2020
[quote author=temmym4 post=71777447]I have decided to share this with everyone just to help someone out there who might be in the shoe i was once in.

I have honda civic 1998 and needs ring do U think it will be good idea
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by temmym4(m): 6:45pm On May 25, 2021
[quote author=Deeni131 post=94951040][/quote]

I can't really say bro. I think it depends on your mechanic and the parts he will be using.

I used to have a neighbor using that model of civic, according to him, he had a ring job done and it started smoking again barely 1 month of use.
Re: My Experience "Ringing" An Engine by aieromon(m): 8:46pm On May 25, 2021
temmym4:

I can't really say bro. I think it depends on your mechanic and the parts he will be using.

How's your engine life? Any reduction in performance?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Words Used To Describe Cars? / Between Honda Accord V-tech And Honda Accord Dx,ex, Lx / 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.