Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC (18260 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Joins APC, Dumps ADC / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Oyo Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin & Olamidun Majekodunmi / BREAKING: Former Ogun Speaker Dumps ADC, Joins Dapo Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by chidima2019: 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2018
A chieftain of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), in Ogun State and a close associate of former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, Dr. Femi Majekodunmi, on Thursday resigned his membership from the party with immediate effect.

Majekodunmi in a release he personally signed and made available to DAILY POST, said he was leaving ADC to return back to his former political party, the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He also disclosed that he has withdrawn from the Ogun Central senatorial race under the platform of the ADC.

Majekodunmi added that as a mark of respect to Governor Ibikunle Amosun, he is fully back to the APC from his ward in Abeokuta South Local Government.

He said, “My loyalty is now fully with APC. I hereby confirm that there is no more divided loyalty and will henceforth fully resume my activities in APC, starting from my Ward 1, Abeokuta South. ”

According to him, he took the decision to return back to the APC after due consultations with his family members, relations and political associates within Ogun State and all over the country, stating that he has no regrets serving as a member of the ADC.

Majekodunmi who served as Caretaker Chairman of ADC in Oyo State, maintained that his return back to the APC was the best decision he could take at the present time and not for selfish interest, noting that the party is more poised to deliver the dividends of democracy to the people of Ogun State.

He said, “After due consultations with my immediate family, political leaders and teeming supporters across the length and breadth of Ogun State and all over the country, I have decided to resign my membership of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) and return back to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“This decision is the best I could take at the moment given the political situation in our dear state, Ogun State. Indeed, it was in the best interest of the people of the state as I believe that for now it is the APC that is in better position to continue to deliver the dividends of democracy to the people.

He, however, said that leaving the ADC does not mean its members are his enemies, stating that as a politician that has served the state in different capacities, he will continue to make himself available to serve the people irrespective of his return back to the APC.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/obasanjos-ally-femi-majekodunmi-dumps.html

3 Likes

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by Corrinthians(m): 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
If any of those national assembly members really has anything that resembles a brain, and functions like a brain, inside their head, they'd begin to think along the line of formulating a law that forbids all these nomadic attitude of politicians.

If they can't seem to have any respectable ideology, then they must be FORCED BY LAW to have one.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by PFRB: 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2018
The signs are emerging that OBJ is changing direction.

12 Likes

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by Corrinthians(m): 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
Lalasticlala, Mynd44. I doubt you've seen this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
just tell us you were told the ticket is not for you

5 Likes

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by GSA01: 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2018
Obasanjo can not keep dictating for the nation who will be president in every four years. That is why close associate of Obasanjo like Majekodunmi have decided to go back to the APC....The third force call is for his personal interest not for the interest of the nation...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by naijaguy123456(m): 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
Obasanjo is nothing without the north, this party of his is not a core northern party. If they win a local government I'll be shocked.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by modath(f): 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2018
Corrinthians:
If any of those national assembly members really has anything that resembles a brain, and functions like a brain, inside their head, they'd begin to think along the line of formulating a law that forbids all these nomadic attitude of politicians.

If they can't seem to have any respectable ideology, then they must be FORCED BY LAW to have one....

Who will make the Law? Same Nomads? You my bros, you suppose find comedy troupe join. cheesy cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by Araoluwa005(m): 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2018
APC is the main thing. the rest are just noise makers

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by Bolustical: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
Same way Tonyebarcanista has been going back and forth in his political affiliations.

Politics of the biggest bread and the creamiest butter

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by Bolustical: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
chidima2019:
He said, “After due consultations with my immediate family, political leaders and teeming supporters across the length and breadth of Ogun State and all over the country, I have decided to resign my membership of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) and return back to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
This man na learner o

He didn't add God to the consultation coz that is the lyric of an average Nigerian politician when he/she is about to decamp and/or declare their intentions to run for an office.

4 Likes 1 Share

yes
Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by enemyofprogress: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
Thief

Thiever

Thievest

2 Likes

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by seuncyber(m): 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
This 2019 sha
Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by sambrow(m): 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2018
Corrinthians:

If they can't seem to have any respectable ideology, then they must be FORCED BY LAW to have one.
I agree with you

2 Likes

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2018
Na Normal for Politics ! grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by Superted01(m): 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2018
lol.....

check my signature
Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by Ezedon(m): 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2018
Thunder need to fire all our politicians

1 Like

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by eleojo23: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2018
All in their own best interest.

1 Like

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by temptnow: 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2018
Who is he? I have never heard of him

2 Likes

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by GentleMoney: 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2018
Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by WawaIPODJew: 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2018
Bad day for iPod terrorists cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by martineverest(m): 6:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
I'm waiting for tonyebarcanista to finally dump PDP after primary

2 Likes

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by newsnjobs(m): 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
Trust politicians at your own risk.

Always looking for their own selfish interest.

Abeg check my signature for Lucrative Jobs advertisement in Nigeria.

Good Luck

2 Likes

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
martineverest:
I'm waiting for tonyebarcanista to finally dump PDP after primary
100% PDP
Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
Ok. It is much expected because politicians are still in their transfer window.
Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by martineverest(m): 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
100% PDP
na so PDP decampees first talk

2 Likes

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by kinibigdeal(m): 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
PFRB:
The signs are emerging that OBJ is changing direction.

He knew he couldn't win through rigging under ADC. He simply avoided the pain of rigging

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2018
Filthy LovePeddler...
Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by kinibigdeal(m): 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2018
Araoluwa005:
APC is the main thing. the rest are just noise makers

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2018
Corrinthians:

Thats impossible na. Such law won't even stand as it goes against freedom of association, which is a fundamental right.

Meanwhile, nomadic politicking is not peculiar to Nigeria alone. It happens everywhere, even USA, France, Australia etc. I can give more than 10 prominent American politicians that switched camps.

1 Like

Re: Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2018
martineverest:
na so PDP decampees first talk
Why should I leave PDP? I have no reason to but I have every reason to remain under the umbrella.

On Saturday I shall be in PH for the Convention as a member of Publicity Subcommittee grin.

Whoever emerges automatically becomes my candidate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today / Governor Ortom Meets With IGP Adamu Over Assassination Attempt / Kyari Not Recalled By IGP Usman Baba - Force PPRO, Frank Mba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.