Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? (14397 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / How To Hear God's Voice And See Visions / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
DavidEsq:
The bible has provided the simple procedures of getting a good mate. Find it in the bible. I wld advice u read "secret of family happiness". U may download it. Its free.
Besides, read Hebrews 1:1,2. It tells us that God has stopped speaking to us directly but now through the scriptures.
HEB 1:1,2 in NO WAY SUGGESTS that God has stopped speaking to Christians directly!! It says before God spoke through the prophets, but now speaks through his son(Jesus) Amplified Version says ...(in person of his) son...
Yes, Jesus is the word of God BUT that passage NEVER specified how he speaks to us through Jesus...
Read John 10:27 where Jesus himself says that "My sheep(disciples) HEAR MY VOICE, they listen and follow me...
Be guided from, understand the scriptures...

1 Like

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Righteousness89(m): 1:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
DavidEsq:
The bible has provided the simple procedures of getting a good mate. Find it in the bible. I wld advice u read "secret of family happiness". U may download it. Its free.
Besides, read Hebrews 1:1,2. It tells us that God has stopped speaking to us directly but now through the scriptures.
GOD has never stopped speaking to People

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Righteousness89(m): 1:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
ednut1:
No such thing. Ask these guys below. Shebi they were born again

If they were born again , did they hear from GOD...
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
Righteousness89:

I am a Proof!

In the Bible you have people like Issac

Issac : Gensis 24:40-45

Did u read the preceeeding verses before jumping to vs 40 - 45?

Abraham precisely told his slave or servant to go to his own family and get a wife for his son (inciest). There is nothing spiritual about it.

God never spoke to Abraham n pointed a wife for his son to him.

God never spoke to Abraham slave/servant who went to find a wife for Isaac.

God never spoke to u as well before u married.

Stop creating falsehood.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by HitSong: 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

Bro, GOD SPEAKS CLEARLY!

Seek for Him
In your face!
I guess this ones never spoke to him....

1 Like

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Righteousness89(m): 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
[s]
PrecisionFx:

Did u read the preceeeding verses before jumping to vs 40 - 45?

Abraham precisely told his slave or servant to go to his own family and get a wife for his son (inciest). There is nothing spiritual about it.

God never spoke to Abraham n pointed a wife for his son to him.

God never spoke to Abraham slave/servant who went to find a wife for Isaac.

God never spoke to u as well before u married.

Stop creating falsehood.
[/s]. My bro it's Either you choose to DECIEVE yourself or that you Lack Understanding....

Abramham told his Servant to go to his Father house...

What Happened Next?

Open UR Heart for understanding of His Word...

Do you Think the Holy Spirit is a Joke...

You are Wasted Being in Earth if u don't seek and get Divine Presence of GOD..

Hearing GOD Eliminates Stress..

You cannot Hear GOD and be lost in life..

You Can't Hear and be Stranded!

The Life I have this day is a Privilege of Divine Presence!
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]. My bro it's Either you choose to DECIEVE yourself or that you Lack Understanding....

What Happened Next?

Stop fooling urself u dis aged man.

Point out where God spoke to Abraham or his slave/servant on who his son should marry!

Point it out there in the bible or Shut up
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]. My bro it's Either you choose to DECIEVE yourself or that you Lack Understanding....

What Happened Next?

Like this

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Righteousness89(m): 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
[s]
PrecisionFx:

Stop fooling urself u dis aged man.

Point out where God spoke to Abraham or his slave/servant on who his son should marry!

Point it out there in the bible or Shut up
[/s] Get GOD First! It's a waste of time arguing!
GOD Bless You..

1 Like

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Righteousness89(m): 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2019
HitSong:

In your face!
I guess this ones never spoke to him....

Pastor is a Title..

The fact you are a Pastor does mean you hear GOD...

You can't Hear GOD in Marriage and Divorce... it's impossicant!

Hearing GOD is not a Joke.... Jokers don't Hear GOD...

" And you will seek Me and Find Me when you Search For Me with all your Heart"

GOD ALMIGHTY is The Creator but not A FATHER to All.....

You have to Have a Relationship with GOD to Hear Him...

1 Like

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by MistadeRegal(m): 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
Melchizzedek:
I'm really bordered about this subject matter. Is it that it is only in this part of the world that this type of thing is practiced? Do white christians also do these? I read in the Bible that one who finds a wife as found a good thing. Is it that to find a wife you must ask from God even if the fellow u intend to marry is a born again christian? How can someone hear from GOD that the fellow u intend to marry is your true spouse?

Pastors in the house, please help me do justice to this questions!

Though I, before the lady ever sees us as mates and already developing feelings for me, I take this step so as not to hurt her afterwards or myself when the love is already too deep.
This is the process I do follow and it has always worked, hereby preventing me from making any kind of mistakes or falling to the wrong hands.

Before you go to sleep at night, follow this process,

1. Sing songs of praise unto GOD.
2. Offer prayers of thanks.
3. Pray for forgiveness of sin.
4. Read Psalm 31:1-3 (thrice)
5. Then go straight to the point, "Heavenly FATHER, you GOD that sees in secret and in the open, you GOD that knows all secrets and all hidden things, you are the LORD. Now O LORD GOD of heaven and earth, there is something that is hidden from me but open to you and because you know all things, that is why I have come to you only to inquire from you. There are these men (mention their names) who wants to marry me. And I don't want to make mistake in choosing the wrong one. LORD I beseech you, tell me the one that is rightfully mine among them. The one that I will have peace of mind and joy and happiness and love and progress throughout my life of staying with him.
5. Thank you for answering me. In JESUS CHRIST Mighty name I pray.
Amen.

Whatever the dream you have, you must be able to understand what it means because you'd surely get your answer.

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by nemynely(m): 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
A better question will be "how does a born again Christian hear from God?". I am not a pastor, and really, I don't want to one. I'd rather remain a bonafide child of God whom God is well pleased with. I tell you, if you haven't been discerning God's will in other issues of your life prior to now eg job, accommodation, how to spend your money, investments, how to navigate, how to settle a matter etc, then you will either wait until eternity or be misled in the choice of a partner even if you fast for a thousand days! Except also you experience God's exceptional mercy.
Bottom line is hearing from God is a spiritual skill that is developed over time in our walk with God. Such that, when it comes to the marriage hurdle, you will easily know who God's choice is for you if you have been previously hearing from Him on other matters. I laugh when people who have not worked on this skill now resort to fasting. I never did. All the ladies in my view were not God's Choice for me. But when I ran into the lady that God had prepared for me, I had this stir and unease within me. After the brief meeting, God told me to pursue. He even gave me questions to ask her. I did ask these questions on a date and the answers I received were a confirmation of what God had been telling me about her. I wasted no further time and asked for her hand in marriage. The Rest is history now because we are 12 years gone and everyday we can't believe how fortunate we are to be together. it can only be God.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2019
Righteousness89:
[s][/s] Get GOD First! It's a waste of time arguing!
GOD Bless You..

That is quite a daft statement.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2019
nemynely:
A better question will be "how does a born again Christian hear from God?". I am not a pastor, and really, I don't want to one. I'd rather remain a bonafide child of God whom God is well pleased with. I tell you, if you haven't been discerning God's will in other issues of your life prior to now eg job, accommodation, how to spend your money, investments, how to navigate, how to settle a matter etc, then you will either wait until eternity or be misled in the choice of a partner even if you fast for a thousand days! Except also you experience God's exceptional mercy.
Bottom line is hearing from God is a spiritual skill that is developed over time in our walk with God. Such that, when it comes to the marriage hurdle, you will easily know who God's choice is for you if you have been previously hearing from Him on other matters. I laugh when people who have not worked on this skill now resort to fasting. I never did. All the ladies in my view were not God's Choice for me. But when I ran into the lady that God had prepared for me, I had this stir and unease within me. After the brief meeting, God told me to pursue. He even gave me questions to ask her. I did ask these questions on a date and the answers I received were a confirmation of what God had been telling me about her. I wasted no further time and asked for her hand in marriage. The Rest is history now because we are 12 years gone and everyday we can't believe how fortunate we are to be together. it can only be God.
grin grin grin
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Kbantin: 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2019
U can only know the mind of God through a true prophet becoa going by your own prayers and dreams u could be misled.. Bcosa single man must have attained a certain level of spirituality wt God before He can reveal His real mind to him.... And if a single man or woman have already had a canal knowledge of his fiancee.. The Lord will neva reveal anything to u.. Hence need to first be a born again before u can know the true mind of God on who to marry..
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by komols856: 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
Does it make sense to goto some men of God or prophets that tell people this is your wife or husband. is it biblical? . I need matured answer please with some bible reference.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by efficiencie(m): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
Melchizzedek:
I'm really bordered about this subject matter. Is it that it is only in this part of the world that this type of thing is practiced? Do white christians also do these? I read in the Bible that one who finds a wife as found a good thing. Is it that to find a wife you must ask from God even if the fellow u intend to marry is a born again christian? How can someone hear from GOD that the fellow u intend to marry is your true spouse?

...if you are born again, then by implication you have a relationship with the Father, by the authority of Jesus Christ, through the Holy Spirit that lives in you. If you are born again, you can talk to GOD and hear Him respond to you. If you are born again, then the HolyGhost is your Comforter and Teacher, teaching you the right thing to do at any point in time and in any situation...If you are born again, GOD is interested in every aspect of your life, from your clothing, to your choice of soap, GOD wants to share an intimate relationship with you, more intimate than that you have with your soul mate...The very same way you hear from GOD on what your calling is, or what your purpose is, or what course you should study, or what people you should associate with is the very same way you hear from GOD about a spouse!

To hear from GOD any matter, you need to have a lifestyle of constant communication with Him. Get to know who GOD is from the scriptures by studying and MORE IMPORTANTLY meditating on the scriptures. Learn to worship GOD in your secret place with spiritual songs and lastly intercede for others. Do these three: study & meditate on scripture, worship in your secret place and intercede for others and soon enough you will be hearing from GOD loud and clear on any matter!

1 Like

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by loswhite(m): 5:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
peteruuu:

Really? Can you prove your point sir?
He who finds a wife...lol. God did not say he who I give a wife... clowns everywhere....how do we verify if you actually heard from God or your mind?
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Dottore: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
Shepherd00:

Yes, there are consequences for picking a spouse for yourself. The reason is, we are created to compliment each other, and our missions/visions/assignments on earth must align (be interwoven) to create a conducive atmosphere to fulfil them.

Brethren may be believers but have so different assignments that their union together will always clash. Yes, they are born again, but are going towards different directions, so are incompatible for each other. This is why you seek God's direction on how to locate your spouse. And, like someone said, whether they are in Russia, Jesus will connect you guys.

Do not make a choice and ask Jesus to approve it, that is exactly as saying the Lord shd do your will instead of His.

How did our parents and grandparents do it in their days and still achieved near perfect marital union compare to the present era where despite the many "God's directives, leading, revelations and the likes" spinsters and bachelors' program, singles summit and many others there are still very high rate of marital failures. Pls educate me

1 Like

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Dottore: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
Jonathan1112:
See below
Thief
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by GoodMuyis(m): 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
Melchizzedek:

I Have this rule at the back of my mind as stated by Pst Willams Kumuyi Anything Good and Godly is the will of God. Pst Sunday Adelaja said in one of his Video I've watched that you don't have to hear from God all the time, just know His mind. And the mind of God for a Christian is to marry a Good and Godly spouse,

I will like to watch a Christian lady afar off, study her before taking any action on her, even prayer, if she has good character and she is Godly, i can start praying then

1 Like

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by ubany(m): 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2019
Shepherd00:

Yes, there are consequences for picking a spouse for yourself. The reason is, we are created to compliment each other, and our missions/visions/assignments on earth must align (be interwoven) to create a conducive atmosphere to fulfil them.

Brethren may be believers but have so different assignments that their union together will always clash. Yes, they are born again, but are going towards different directions, so are incompatible for each other. This is why you seek God's direction on how to locate your spouse. And, like someone said, whether they are in Russia, Jesus will connect you guys.

Do not make a choice and ask Jesus to approve it, that is exactly as saying the Lord shd do your will instead of His.

does it mean you can't choose and try to confirm from God?
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by sweetilicious(f): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
I wish I can hear from God about my life partner.The bone of my bone.The one meant for me.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by twhy111(m): 8:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
MistadeRegal:

Though I, before the lady ever sees us as mates and already developing feelings for me, I take this step so as not to hurt her afterwards or myself when the love is already too deep.
This is the process I do follow and it has always worked, hereby preventing me from making any kind of mistakes or falling to the wrong hands.

Before you go to sleep at night, follow this process,

1. Sing songs of praise unto GOD.
2. Offer prayers of thanks.
3. Pray for forgiveness of sin.
4. Read Psalm 31:1-3 (thrice)
5. Then go straight to the point, "Heavenly FATHER, you GOD that sees in secret and in the open, you GOD that knows all secrets and all hidden things, you are the LORD. Now O LORD GOD of heaven and earth, there is something that is hidden from me but open to you and because you know all things, that is why I have come to you only to inquire from you. There are these men (mention their names) who wants to marry me. And I don't want to make mistake in choosing the wrong one. LORD I beseech you, tell me the one that is rightfully mine among them. The one that I will have peace of mind and joy and happiness and love and progress throughout my life of staying with him.
5. Thank you for answering me. In JESUS CHRIST Mighty name I pray.
Amen.

Whatever the dream you have, you must be able to understand what it means because you'd surely get your answer.
What if they've already started having pre marital sex which is always in most cases.
You think God is a man? He'd not reveal anything or better still you'd be seeing all of them. Cos you already connect yourself spiritually with them.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by MistadeRegal(m): 7:19am On Apr 22, 2019
twhy111:

What if they've already started having pre marital sex which is always in most cases.
You think God is a man? He'd not reveal anything or better still you'd be seeing all of them. Cos you already connect yourself spiritually with them.

About premarital sex, to me, I've been keeping myself all these years and not going to break it yet until I finally get the right one.

About premarital sex, to others who have already indulged in it, GOD is not a liar and doesn't see things the way men do. GOD will still reveal to them the FACT and TRUTH if they are compatible or not. That is GOD for you.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by ABOVEDELAW: 7:56am On Apr 22, 2019
GOD DOES NOT FIND WIFE FOR ANYBODY, HE HAS GIVEN YOU THE FREEDOM TO DO SO , THAT IS YOUR DUTY AND THEN ASK GOD TO BLESS YOUR MARRIAGE.
Righteousness89:
Firstly, You Have to Be Sincere to GOD about your Request ... don't ask GOD for his Choice when you Already have your Choice...

Secondly, Depend on GOD fully.. let him understand that you cannot marry Except you hear from HIM..

Thirdly, Create an atmosphere to hear from GOD.. i.e
Live Right
Read your Bible
Communicate with GOD..

Lastly, Relax, Be paitent... don't be in a rush to hear .. if not you will hear different voices

I Assure you, Even if your GOD Ordained Partner is in Russia, GOD Would connect you both...

I say This From My Personal Experience

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by twhy111(m): 8:59am On Apr 22, 2019
MistadeRegal:

About premarital sex, to others who have already indulged in it, GOD is not a liar and doesn't see things the way men do. GOD will still reveal to them the FACT and TRUTH if they are compatible or not. That is GOD for you.[/b]

So you're saying if someone has two girls at hand, one he has engage premarital sex with and the other he has not, now you're telling me there's probability God will tell him the one you have slept with is not compatible with you, go for the one that is still fresh. God is not partial my brother.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by MistadeRegal(m): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
twhy111:

So you're saying if someone has two girls at hand, one he has engage premarital sex with and the other he has not, now you're telling me there's probability God will tell him the one you have slept with is not compatible with you, go for the one that is still fresh. God is not partial my brother.

You don't seem to get it. When you inquire anything from GOD, he doesn't look at you before he gives you accurate response.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Righteousness89(m): 4:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
ABOVEDELAW:
GOD DOES NOT FIND WIFE FOR ANYBODY, HE HAS GIVEN YOU THE FREEDOM TO DO SO , THAT IS YOUR DUTY AND THEN ASK GOD TO BLESS YOUR MARRIAGE.
GOD LEADS AND DIRECTS THOSE WHO SEEK HIM..

That's why u hv GOD'S Will
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Mryacks: 11:29am On Apr 23, 2019
Ferdinandu:
God does not call you the way he calls Samuel and tell you this is your life partner . Pick the person you feel it is right for you then give out time for courtship. During those period of courtship is the time you will continuously pray to God that if the person is not the right person for you he should reveal a reason why it cannot be. I tell you if you are really faithful to God, it is either a reason will materialise or nothing may happen then you go ahead and get married for God has already blessed your union for seeking his face.

GOOD..
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Shepherd00: 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
ubany:

does it mean you can't choose and try to confirm from God?
If you choose and make up your mind, but the Lord says No, will you obey Him and let her go? It is save to ask Him for his divine direction in Choosing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? / Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? / U Are Born-again But You Still Lust After Men Or Women? This Prayer Can Help U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.