Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? (14384 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / How To Hear God's Voice And See Visions / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by tomdon(m): 7:59am On Apr 21, 2019
It's your choice
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by hopefulLandlord: 7:59am On Apr 21, 2019
Acedave1:
does GOD speak yoruba igbo or hausa
You expect a Jewish god to speak the language of those he endorsed as potential slaves?
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Seetto: 7:59am On Apr 21, 2019
Jesus that could not save himself from being nailed on a tree suddenly becomes your saviour, I wonder why Jesus pray and fast for forty days and forty nights to whom and for what reasons, his prayer was not answered according to your scripture , yet he was crucified like a condemn thief.

Jesus is seriously angry with you for comparing him with GOD, on judgement day he will bear witness against you and denied he never told you to worship him as three gods along side with GOD, the concocted lies against GOD by the roman Catholic has done the greatest harm to humanity.

In the bible jesus admitted on his own he can do nothing.
In the book of mark a man walk onto Jesus and said good teacher what can I do to inherit eternal life, Jesus said why do you call me good no one is good except God alone,

Jesus admitted he is not good, he is not GOD, he is not any way equal to God, yet you people shout his name for saviour , equalised him with God, practising polytheism in disguise. You transform the birthday of an idol triune gods to his birth day, and continue your blasphemy against the innocent Jesus, the better you realised and stop believing fuckery stories from the white deceits, the better for you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Meekha(m): 8:00am On Apr 21, 2019
He who finds a wife has found a good thing.. that's the standard. go and find a woman. Your dad probably married your mum and didn't hear anything when he met your mother.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by sexiestharam(f): 8:03am On Apr 21, 2019
DavidEsq:
The bible has provided the simple procedures of getting a good mate. Find it in the bible. I wld advice u read "secret of family happiness". U may download it. Its free.
Besides, read Hebrews 1:1,2. It tells us that God has stopped speaking to us directly but now through the scriptures.
God has not stopped speaking to us directly. Don't misguide baby Christians this morning abeg. Take your doctrine somewhere else.

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by obowunmi(m): 8:03am On Apr 21, 2019
Don't be scammed brother, God honors your choice.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by obowunmi(m): 8:04am On Apr 21, 2019
PrecisionFx:

God doesn't interfer in marriages.

Exactly.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:08am On Apr 21, 2019
grin. Christainity and scam behavior are like 5&6.

Let me tell you today.

*Who you will married

When you will married

*How many times you will married

* Where you will married

*Whether you will married in your life or not

Is according to your destiny,

How many women can stay forei with a man that his dick no dey work?

How many men can honestly be with a woman that have womb problem ?

Everything in this life is in the hand of Allah and his will ( destiny ) most fuilfill.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by HitSong: 8:20am On Apr 21, 2019
Righteousness89:
Firstly, You Have to Be Sincere to GOD about your Request ... don't ask GOD for his Choice when you Already have your Choice...

Secondly, Depend on GOD fully.. let him understand that you cannot marry Except you hear from HIM..

Thirdly,be Create an atmosphere to hear from GOD.. i.e
Live Right
Read your Bible
Communicate with GOD..

Lastly, Relax, Be paitent... don't be in a rush to hear .. if not you will hear different voices

I Assure you, Even if your GOD Ordained Partner is in Russia, GOD Would connect you both...

I say This From My Personal Experience

No one hears anything.
The whole game is in the mind.
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD STOP DECEIVING YOURSELVES

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Gloriouspa(m): 8:22am On Apr 21, 2019
God still speak to people who are His own directly. God will speak to you in the language you understand very well.

Seek God, read His word (the Bible), pray and be still. Just sit down and be quiet. You will hear Him. Have a free mind, do not choose fro God, rather let God be the one to lead or direct you.

I am married for about 15years now. Before I met my wife I had a girlfriend, despite the fact that I still wallow in sin I do go to church and pray to God. I ask God one and said if this my girlfriend is not the right person for me to marry let something happen that will separate us and let it come from her end and allow your will to be done. Few months later, she decided not to visit me again. I inquire and she told me her mother went somewhere to pray and they her we can't marry each other. That was how the relationship ended. About 3 weeks later, I met the person I married today. It was my friend who first saw her and told me about her before I began to trail her and got her. I pray to God thereafter and got a revelation concerning her.

Let me clarify something here, it does not mean that if God said the lady is your choice there won't be little hitches or issues, but keep praying to God and He will put this rights. Remembered God never told Prophet Moses that Red sea is waiting ahead but when they got there God showed His supremacy over this situation.

God still speaks to His own.

Happy Easter Sunday. Shalom!

6 Likes

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by HitSong: 8:23am On Apr 21, 2019
[s]
Shepherd00:

Yes, there are consequences for picking a spouse for yourself. The reason is, we are created to compliment each other, and our missions/visions/assignments on earth must align (be interwoven) to create a conducive atmosphere to fulfil them.

Brethren may be believers but have so different assignments that their union together will always clash. Yes, they are born again, but are going towards different directions, so are incompatible for each other. This is why you seek God's direction on how to locate your spouse. And, like someone said, whether they are in Russia, Jesus will connect you guys.

Do not make a choice and ask Jesus to approve it, that is exactly as saying the Lord shd do your will instead of His.

[/s]
Lol
RUBBISH
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by gentlegenius(m): 8:24am On Apr 21, 2019
Melchizzedek:
I'm really bordered about this subject matter. Is it that it is only in this part of the world that this type of thing is practiced? Do white christians also do these? I read in the Bible that one who finds a wife as found a good thing. Is it that to find a wife you must ask from God even if the fellow u intend to marry is a born again christian? How can someone hear from GOD that the fellow u intend to marry is your true spouse?

Pastors in the house, please help me do justice to this questions!
God will never talk to you directly or through any prophet about who to marry. You have to seek your spouse yourself.
GOD will only guide you so that you don't make a wrong choice. He does this by showing you signs. But unfortunately, most of us are so blinded with 'love' that we fail to see the signs.

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Gulher: 8:34am On Apr 21, 2019
Seetto:
Jesus that could not save himself from being nailed on a tree suddenly becomes your saviour, I wonder why Jesus pray and fast for forty days and forty nights to whom and for what reasons, his prayer was not answered according to your scripture , yet he was crucified like a condemn thief.

Jesus is seriously angry with you for comparing him with GOD, on judgement day he will bear witness against you and denied he never told you to worship him as three gods along side with GOD, the concocted lies against GOD by the roman Catholic has done the greatest harm to humanity.

In the bible jesus admitted on his own he can do nothing.
In the book of mark a man walk onto Jesus and said good teacher what can I do to inherit eternal life, Jesus said why do you call me good no one is good except God alone,

Jesus admitted he is not good, he is not GOD, he is not any way equal to God, yet you people shout his name for saviour , equalised him with God, practising polytheism in disguise. You transform the birthday of an idol triune gods to his birth day, and continue your blasphemy against the innocent Jesus, the better you realised and stop believing fuckery stories from the white deceits, the better for you.

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by DavidEsq(m): 8:34am On Apr 21, 2019
sexiestharam:

God has not stopped speaking to us directly. Don't misguide baby Christians this morning abeg. Take your doctrine somewhere else.
Hanty mi, u didn't show me a scripture to explain o. Typical tho
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by kareemkamil(m): 8:35am On Apr 21, 2019
Christian brothers and sisters, you people are just deceiving your self.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by kareemkamil(m): 8:43am On Apr 21, 2019
Honestly according to your scripture, you people are going to hell fire. (For saying Jesus Christ is your Lord). And Jesus Christ never said that, and you people are liar against Jesus Christ. Your recommpensation for that is hell fire.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by oloriIT(m): 8:45am On Apr 21, 2019
I think the question you should answer first is how do you know when you become a Christian and how have you been hearing from God? These are very vital questions because they answer to the starting point of a relationship and walk with God. If at your conversion God spoke to you as written in Romans 8:16, then you will continually hear His voice and this question will not arise. Because God is interested in His children, He will always talk to them on every issue of life be it marriage, health, choice of job, choice of course of study, etc. In fact, there is nothing too small to commit to Him in prayers. And as a result you will always hear His voice as you hear people speak to you because communication is a two way thing. You must receive a feedback when you prayer. Just as written in the Bible “He that make an eye does He not see or He that make an ear can He not hear”.

But the challenge with many people in this generation is that we claim to be God’s children without God adopting us as His child through various means raising up of hands, reciting verses after the pastor, etc. To be a Christian you have to pray your way through with sincerity of heart and readiness to leave your sins then the spirit of God will speak to you. After that, you will always want to commit everything to Him in prayers and He will always speak to you on every issue you bring to Him in prayers. Directing you on what you should do because He knows the future and the only one that knows the best for you. He will never give His son or daughter to a wrong person to be maltreated.

If you want us to talk more about this you can contact through my email address or inbox me for my details.

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by innobarca(m): 9:07am On Apr 21, 2019
Go and find a wife, do not Drag any GOD into your infatuation

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 21, 2019
etrouble:
Ask Chris Okotie. He heard twice from his "god" and now he has divorced twice. Ask Oyakhilome too, the voice he heard some years back has denied him, now he is sleeping with every girl in his so called church after his "holy spirit" chosen wife abandoned him.
Be careful with what you say about men of God.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:06am On Apr 21, 2019
First of, God doesn't interfere in marriages. He doesn't pick spouses for people. Check the Bible, the only people God chose spouses for were Prophets Isaiah and Hosea, not even Abraham or Isaac! What happened was that they only followed the precepts of God which was not to marry from the children of the heathen.

If your life align with God and you're a genuine christian, you'll possess the spirit of discernment and then make your choice.

The success of your marriage still depends on both of you, especially you, if you want to make it work. True love and respect for your spouse are the keys to that.

Remain Blessed.

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by damoobaba: 10:23am On Apr 21, 2019
Melchizzedek:
I'm really bordered about this subject matter. Is it that it is only in this part of the world that this type of thing is practiced? Do white christians also do these? I read in the Bible that one who finds a wife as found a good thing. Is it that to find a wife you must ask from God even if the fellow u intend to marry is a born again christian? How can someone hear from GOD that the fellow u intend to marry is your true spouse?

You have to be deep into God to understand him. There's a way which God communicates with every of his child,mine is through dreams and visions, you must know yours and know when God is saying something to you.
When I was praying for a wife, I told God I want a woman who is God-fearing, who'll not give me problems and who'll love my family like hers, and who'll also be from my ethnic group because I want someone who we'll be able to speak same local dialect. I looked around in church,there are good girls here and there who I could have settled for but from my heart, I knew they were not the one but all the same I BURIED MYSELF IN GOD'S WORK, praying for God's kingdom and going after lost souls. Then one day,July 14th, God showed my wife in a vision,he confirmed it again yet another vision. The exact type I woman I wanted. The lady is well known to me like a family friend and quite close to my sisters but I never thought of her and never thought I could date her. After the vision of July 14th,it was until January that I told her what God showed me. She said no problem,that she was going to tell her pastor. The rest,they say,is history. As a Christian, just keep running after God's work,you'll see how God is going to settle all your worries without stress. (Matthew 6:33).

5 Likes

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by etrouble: 10:23am On Apr 21, 2019
Angel246:

Come here for a slap. Oh! Sorry, you are a lady, I dont hit ladies.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Neroclassic001: 10:44am On Apr 21, 2019
You have to be deep into God to understand him. There's a way which God communicates with every of his child,mine is through dreams and visions, you must know yours and know when God is saying something to you.
When I was praying for a wife, I told God I want a woman who is God-fearing, who'll not give me problems and who'll love my family like hers, and who'll also be from my ethnic group because I want someone who we'll be able to speak same local dialect. I looked around in church,there are good girls here and there who I could have settled for but from my heart, I knew they were not the one but all the same I BURIED MYSELF IN GOD'S WORK, praying for God's kingdom and going after lost souls. Then one day,July 14th, God showed my wife in a vision,he confirmed it again yet another vision. The exact type I woman I wanted. The lady is well known to me like a family friend and quite close to my sisters but I never thought of her and never thought I could date her. After the vision of July 14th,it was until January that I told her what God showed me. She said no problem,that she was going to tell her pastor. The rest,they say,is history. As a Christian, just keep running after God's work,you'll see how God is going to settle all your worries without stress. (Matthew 6:33).

God bless you abundantly. You just said it all

1 Like

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by GindoX(m): 11:47am On Apr 21, 2019
chiommy123:
You need to involve God cos some people in church are there for something else its still God that will direct you to the right person. Some believed God doesn't speak to us directly but thru the scriptures others believe he does. If he's an unbeliever you know you should not be equally yoked but if he's a faithful Christian you know you should give him a chance but where two faithful Christians are asking for your hand in marriage you really need Gods guidance ( may be revealations in dream, etc )to chose the best

That's not possible naw! Two believers pointing to the same person
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:50am On Apr 21, 2019
There is nothing hard or foreign and local about the application if the scripture. God is not responsible for the finding. It is your Firdt task on your way to becoming a man.

You find, not the pastor, or your parents or prophet, you find the woman and then communicate your choice to God in prayer asking him as the all knowing if this person will complete you as a help mate to make your life better.

His response doesn't take ages... You will begin to see or her his response as soon as you tune in.

Melchizzedek:

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Ubdavis(m): 11:56am On Apr 21, 2019
Melchizzedek:
thanks 4 ur contribution sir! Are u a JW?

U don't need to ask. I put it to u that he is...
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Aidejay(m): 12:06pm On Apr 21, 2019
Wake up!
God doesn't choose a partner for you
You have been fully equipped with all you need to make that decision yourself. Yes! The Adam and Eve story comes to mind but my dear there is no such thing as bone of my bone. That is just religious mombo jombo.
Use your head and your brain and maths and statistics or what ever you can rely on as a Good given gift to search and choose
Marriage is a contract a man/woman come together and sign a draft each one brings wat they have to the table and wat they will need from the other and they marry the over christianization of marriage is the reason why pastors are divorced.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
Angel246:

Cheap scare tactics
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by sammirano: 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
peteruuu:

Really? Can you prove your point sir?

The bible says he who finds a wife, found a good thing, not he who God gives a wife.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Righteousness89(m): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2019
Melchizzedek:
can someone go on a marathon prayer and fasting for this course? Is there a consequence 4 taking up a spouse(born again) without hearing from GOD first?

GOD is Committed to what HE Gave !
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Righteousness89(m): 1:38pm On Apr 21, 2019
[s]
HitSong:

No one hears anything.
The whole game is in the mind.
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD STOP DECEIVING YOURSELVES
[/s]

Bro, GOD SPEAKS CLEARLY!

Seek for Him
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Righteousness89(m): 1:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Bring bible proof to support ur claim

I am a Proof!

In the Bible you have people like Issac

Issac : Gensis 24:40-45

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos : Lagos Begins Airlift Of Pilgrims / Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe / 2019 Hallelujah Challenge Set To Start On 4th Of February On Instagram Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.