Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,708 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC (835 Views)

Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid / Bauchi Guber Poll:Dogara Blows Hot Over Inconclusive Elections, Warns INEC Chair / Ekiti Poll: Tribunal Grants APC Order To Inspect Election Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC by Ihekenma590(f): 4:41am On Oct 05, 2018
THE Osun State governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Osogbo, yesterday, granted an ex parte order to candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Ademola Adeleke,  restraining the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, from altering election results. The tribunal headed by Justice T .A. Igoche and  Justice B. A Obayi as member also ordered INEC not to tamper with  information contained in the card reader machines and other documents used for the poll. Senator Adeleke, through his counsel, Mr. Nathaniel Oke, SAN, had filed an ex parte application seeking leave of the tribunal to file the application before the pre -hearing session. The applicant also sought leave of the tribunal to inspect and obtain certified true copies of electoral documents and materials in the custody of INEC. Adeleke predicated his application on the grounds that he was the candidate that contested the election held on September 22, 2018 and the re-run election held on September 27, 2018 on the platform of PDP. Other grounds of the application are: “That the total votes won by the 1st applicant on the 22nd day of September, 2018 was 245 ,698 while the 1st respondent scored 245 ,345.  Why we teamed up with APC—SDP Meanwhile, the Social Democratic Party, SDP, in Osun State, yesterday, explained why  it formed a coalition with the All progressives Congress, APC, in the just concluded state governorship supplementary election National Leader of the party, Dr. Yemi Farounbi, explained while addressing party supporters in Osogbo that: “We laid our cards open on the table but the PDP refused to play with us.” Farounbi said: “If the PDP refused to tango with us and the APC expressed its readiness, we went with the APC that was ready and we formed coalition government. Part of our agreement was that the state is a civil service state and civil servants welfare should be taken care of. “Infact, let me tell you, how it all happened, on Monday September 24th, the Senate President, Bukola Saraki came by 2.00 p.m and told us that since Iyiola Omisore was a member of the PDP, he should reason along with them on the coalition and we laid our card on table for him but promised to get across within 24 hours.” “That the 1st applicant was the winner of the election and ought to have been so declared by the 3 rd respondent (INEC). “That the 3rd respondent declared the election inconclusive, hence a rerun was conducted on the 27th day of September 2018. “That the rerun election was marred by electoral violence, vote- buying, stuffing of ballot papers, multiple thumb- printing and voting and allocation of votes by the 3 rd respondent. “That by the total actual and valid votes cast on the 22nd and 27th days of September 2018 respectively; the elections were won by the applicants. “That an examination of the electoral documents and election materials in the custody of the 3 rd respondent is required to determine the actual facts and records of the elections to maintain this petition. “That the 3rd respondent wrongfully declared and returned the 1st respondent as being duly elected and winner of the governorship election, Osun State held on 22nd day of September 2018 and the rerun election held on 27 the day of September 2018 respectively. “The 1st and 2nd applicants are dissatisfied with the said result of the election as announced by the returning officer of the governorship election, Osun State. “That instant allocation is required for the purpose of instituting and maintaining the petition.” Igoche, in the ruling said: “We are of the view that the application has merit. We, hereby, grant the application as prayed.” “Also, on Tuesday, the following morning, Atiku Abubakar, through his campaign manager, Otunba Gbenga Daniel called that they were in Osogbo and they would want to come to Ile-Ife over the coalition arrangement and after waiting for hours, Atiku called by himself on phone and said, he could no longer come because the leadership of the PDP said Omisore and the party were irrelevant to them politically. “They were quoted as saying that, we should do whatever that pleases us and that Atiku should not negotiate with us. We then told them that we were not de 
http://mognews.com/2018/10/05/dont-tamper-with-osun-poll-results-tribunal-warns-inec-2/
Re: Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC by Nobody: 4:49am On Oct 05, 2018
APC is evil and has long ago overtaken any known and unknown atrocities of the Nigerian electoral process
Re: Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC by hyfr(m): 4:52am On Oct 05, 2018
I would advice Ademola Adeleke to forget all that has happened. This case can be in cut till his 4th generation. So long as the cabal is in govt
Re: Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:53am On Oct 05, 2018
grin
Re: Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC by WawaIPODJew: 4:59am On Oct 05, 2018
hyfr:
I would advice Ademola Adeleke to forget all that has happened. This case can be in cut till his 4th generation. So long as the cabal is in govt
Oyetola won and it’s very clear .
There was no mago mago anywhere
Re: Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC by hyfr(m): 5:08am On Oct 05, 2018
WawaIPODJew:

Oyetola won and it’s very clear .
There was no mago mago anywhere
within yourself, You know the actual winner of that election, right from the initial election that was canceled and I won’t engage in a debate in that, I believe u won’t be lying to yourself
Re: Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC by WawaIPODJew: 5:10am On Oct 05, 2018
hyfr:
within yourself, You know the actual winner of that election, right from the initial election that was canceled and I won’t engage in a debate in that, I believe u won’t be lying to yourself
Within myself?
See this clown! Lmao.
Ehya , such misery . Pele
Re: Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC by RevenGeMission: 6:31am On Oct 05, 2018
hyfr:

When you people write all these nonsense i wonder where you keep your conscience

Oyetola of APC won about 60% of the Local governments in the first elections not sure, i think around 18

SDP won two

PDP won 10 i think in all 30 LGA's in Osun , By popularity APC won, By vote numbers , APC won as well , the local governments cancelled by INEC , APC had over 4000 votes in total there , and APC would have had not less than 2000 votes lead against DanceNator Demola Adeleke

In the rerun as well , several people who were prevented from voting were not beaten or disturbed at the polling units as such those votes cannot be cancelled , Majority of those who were sent back were coming from different LGAs to vote at Orolu and were sent back by Security agents , at least 3 videos surfaced of people attempting to vote in LGAs , the one that Police instructed one man to go back , the one were two boys were made to prostrate / crawl and one other one

Let's be fair to ourselves Oyetola won, and funniest part, if PDP had won, there'd have been massive massacre and humiliation of people , so far no violence has been recorded, except for two cases, 1 one time rep Bello's house was destroyed after election was declared inconclusive , The destruction was carried out by Adeleke / PDP loyalists

Another APC member was wounded with cutlass last week, that assault prompted Aregbesola to visit Ede and warn the Adelekes to stop the nonsense or security agents will be deployed everywhere

APC is a fair party , It's a party of Progressives, We will not do magic , but we plan to move each state we govern forward
Re: Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC by hyfr(m): 7:47am On Oct 05, 2018
RevenGeMission:

When you people write all these nonsense i wonder where you keep your conscience

Oyetola of APC won about 60% of the Local governments in the first elections not sure, i think around 18

SDP won two

PDP won 10 i think in all 30 LGA's in Osun , By popularity APC won, By vote numbers , APC won as well , the local governments cancelled by INEC , APC had over 4000 votes in total there , and APC would have had not less than 2000 votes lead against DanceNator Demola Adeleke

In the rerun as well , several people who were prevented from voting were not beaten or disturbed at the polling units as such those votes cannot be cancelled , Majority of those who were sent back were coming from different LGAs to vote at Orolu and were sent back by Security agents , at least 3 videos surfaced of people attempting to vote in LGAs , the one that Police instructed one man to go back , the one were two boys were made to prostrate / crawl and one other one

Let's be fair to ourselves Oyetola won, and funniest part, if PDP had won, there'd have been massive massacre and humiliation of people , so far no violence has been recorded, except for two cases, 1 one time rep Bello's house was destroyed after election was declared inconclusive , The destruction was carried out by Adeleke / PDP loyalists

Another APC member was wounded with cutlass last week, that assault prompted Aregbesola to visit Ede and warn the Adelekes to stop the nonsense or security agents will be deployed everywhere

APC is a fair party , It's a party of Progressives, We will not do magic , but we plan to move each state we govern forward

for real you’re saying APC won free and fair?
Re: Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC by goxico: 8:00am On Oct 05, 2018
Inec be warned!
Re: Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 05, 2018
INEC should be made to store all voting materials including the votes themselves

We can not build a Nation like this where day light robbery is allowed to stand!
Re: Don't Tamper With Osun Poll - Tribunal Warns INEC by RevenGeMission: 9:42am On Oct 05, 2018
hyfr:
for real you’re saying APC won free and fair?

That's what i am saying ,

(1) (Reply)

A Simple Guide To Voting In/out President Buhari / Igbos Were One Of The Most Vocal Supporter Of Osibanjo / Let's Do Some Calculations On The Naira To The True State Of The Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.