Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,378 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates (4499 Views)

Rochas Okorocha Denies Joining PDP, Says I’m Still In APC / 2 Months After Joining PDP, Governor Ganduje's Former Deputy Returns To The APC / Joining PDP Doesn't Affect Saraki's Position As Senate President - Prof. Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by NFFGG: 9:48am On Oct 05, 2018
Akeredolu Allegedly Considers Joining PDP Over Imposition of Candidates By APC NWC

A source from governor’s office who hinted starnews of this development said that..

Read more http://www.starnews.com.ng/akeredolu-allegedly-considers-joining-pdp-over-imposition-of-candidates-by-apc-nwc/
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by Cajal(m): 9:49am On Oct 05, 2018
NFFGG:
Akeredolu Allegedly Considers Joining PDP Over Imposition of Candidates By APC NWC

A source from governor’s office who hinted starnews of this development said that..

Read more http://www.starnews.com.ng/akeredolu-allegedly-considers-joining-pdp-over-imposition-of-candidates-by-apc-nwc/
..oshiomole will kill apc...
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by Famzer: 9:55am On Oct 05, 2018
Hahaha.On the contrary, Oshiomhole is actually doing great. The direct primaries is for the true Democrats and this will teach the politicians not to take their party members and the electorates for granted.
Very soon,all other parties will follow suit and save themselves of cases of manipulated delegates list and render useless the obscene practice of appointing over bloated number of special Advisers and what have you especially by the State governors because all these political appointees are designated as automatic delegates with voting rights.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by SadiqBabaSani: 10:00am On Oct 05, 2018
Fake news

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 05, 2018
SadiqBabaSani:
Fake news

Amosun nko?
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by WawaIPODJew: 10:07am On Oct 05, 2018
Lies

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by baliyubla: 10:10am On Oct 05, 2018
Lol. And the dogs have resorted to eating themselves alive. May the supremacy battle consume the janjaweeed party.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by KenOne: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2018
Famzer:
Hahaha.On the contrary, Oshiomhole is actually doing great. The direct primaries is for the true Democrats and this will teach the politicians not to take their party members and the electorates for granted.
Very soon,all other parties will follow suit and save themselves of cases of manipulated delegates list and appointment of over bloated number of special Advisers and what have you because all political appointees are designated as automatic delegates with voting rights.

Oshiomhole should thread carefully governors are powerful and foot soldiers of any party.

In politics you allow them have their way because they've the financial war chest and controls the mechinary a governor is worth more than 100k votes.

We shouldn't be deceived to believe that a governor has only one votes, a governor is more important to a party during election than a senator.

If a governor sabotages his party during election the consequences are always grave.

About 9 governors are not happy with the way Oshiomhole is going about cobducting the primaries and undermining them in the state is not good for APC, even Oshiomhole's state governor Godwin Obaseki is not happy too.

Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun, Akeredolu of Ondo, El Rufai of Kaduna, Lalong of Plateau, Bello of Niger, Okorocha of Imo and many others should be allowed to have some controls in their state.

If Ibikunle Amosun is not allowed to decide who succeeds him in Ogun i bet you APC might not win Ogun because he'll play anti party.

Is like Abe becoming Rivers APC governorship candidate, Rivers APC will just abandon him to fail woefully. You'll hear APC wins three senate seats, APC wins 8 of out 13 house of rep seats, APC wins 20 out of 32 house of assembly seats and loses governorship seat to PDP.
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by walex2(m): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2018
KenOne:

Oshiomhole should thread carefully governors are powerful and foot soldiers of any party.

In politics you allow them have their way because they've the financial war chest and controls the mechinary a governor is worth more than 100k votes.

We shouldn't be deceived to believe that a governor has only one votes, a governor is more important to a party during election than a senator.

If a governor sabotages his party during election the consequences are always grave.

About 9 governors are not happy with the way Oshiomhole is going about cobducting the primaries and undermining them in the state is not good for APC, even Oshiomhole's state governor Godwin Obaseki is not happy too.

Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun, Akeredolu of Ondo, El Rufai of Kaduna, Lalong of Plateau, Bello of Niger, Okorocha of Imo and many others should be allowed to have some controls in their state.

If Ibikunle Amosun is not allowed to decide who succeeds him in Ogun i bet you APC might not win Ogun because he'll play anti party.

Is like Abe becoming Rivers APC governorship candidate, Rivers APC will just abandon him to fail woefully. You'll hear APC wins three senate seats, APC wins 8 of out 13 house of rep seats, APC wins 20 out of 32 house of assembly seats and loses governorship seat to PDP.

Governors are so powerful because we play money politics
in real sense of it the supremacy of party over elected members should have beeing the best

all those Governors who are not happy are for their own selfish interest
Elrufai wanted Sehu Sanni out
Okorocha wanted his son in law
Amosun wanted his own candidate as Governor
Akeredolu wants 2 out of 3 senators out

oso baba now said do it through direct primary like Lagos
so what is the fuss? about oso baba? he is doing the right thing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by Carmal90(m): 10:41am On Oct 05, 2018
Famzer:
Very soon,all other parties will follow suit and save themselves of cases of manipulated delegates list and render useless the obscene practice of appointing over bloated number of special Advisers and what have you especially by the State governors because all these political appointees are designated as automatic delegates with voting rights.

He will ruin the party, he is on revenge mission because El rufai, akeredolu, AMOSU, did not support his candidature, let's just wait till Sunday shaa
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:44am On Oct 05, 2018
Is like Abe becoming Rivers APC governorship candidate, Rivers APC will just abandon him to fail woefully. You'll hear APC wins three senate seats, APC wins 8 of out 13 house of rep seats, APC wins 20 out of 32 house of assembly seats and loses governorship seat to PDP
YOU ARE DREAMING!!!! YOU THINK ITS OSUN.COME AND RIG LETS SEE
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by Shuku0kukobambi: 10:51am On Oct 05, 2018
Awol1:

Amosun nko?

Amosun to PDP? And go and contest, compete or align with Kashamu or OGD?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by Famzer: 10:56am On Oct 05, 2018
KenOne:

If State governors are truly as powerful as they make many of us believe,it then defies logic that they are the same ones against democratic emergence of winners via direct primaries.
What I am seeing is that the governors are not as powerful as they made us think and I think I can guess why. The era of sharing money is over so some individuals have more money than the governors and even some states.Secondly,while some of the governors,especially most of the APC governors who lost out, where wasting their time building new structures and appointing several number of people so that those people will be automatic delegates,some individuals retained and sustained the old and active political brigades of their political party and when the opportunity for direct primaries came,suddenly it was payback time for those abandoned by the otherwise powerful governors.
Since incumbent governors have started losing elections,I have learnt that power is transient and the governors are not as politically powerful as we think. Unfortunately,they can't bully the chairman of their party.
Any Governor who works against the interest of his party at the polls will be heavily sanctioned for as long as the governor wants to remain in APC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by able20(m): 10:57am On Oct 05, 2018
Cajal:
..oshiomole will kill apc...
Or APC will kill Oshiomole.
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by hisexcellency34: 11:00am On Oct 05, 2018
Worst governor in the South West
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by Famzer: 11:14am On Oct 05, 2018
Carmal90:

He will ruin the party, he is on revenge mission because El rufai, akeredolu, AMOSU, did not support his candidature, let's just wait till Sunday shaa
I beg to disagree sir. Some of the issues in some states even precede the election of their political party. Amosu for example,has spent more time attacking Yayi and some of his opponents in his party. He is also relying on the PDP style of choosing winners at the primaries,he threw his hat into the ring as a contestant and sole authority to decide who gets what or not,so he was spreading himself too much so how does that becomes Oshiomhole's fault?He is not even complaining that the primaries were fraught with irregularities,they are just requesting to be granted the power to determine who wins the primaries.As for Akeredolu,I am still struggling to understand how who occupies the Senate should become his priorities because I am not sure if he's performance in office has justified the expectations of the electorates who voted him in against the choice of the incumbent governor then so if I were him,my focus will be to work excellently well and make peace with the senators so that they can work for me in the event that I run for second term. He's taking his intolerance of his opponents in APC too far and he could be consumed. He should learn from someone like Asiwaju Tinubu who takes back even his most vicious opponents when they offer olive branch like Obanikoro,Pedro, etc.
They are acting so paranoid to the point that they have this intense hatred for their opponents in the same party than for their opponents in opposition parties.
Oshiomhole doesn't need to have anything against them,their own paranoia is enough to kill them politically.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by slivertongue: 11:17am On Oct 05, 2018
there is nothing in news 2bliv he wud do so. he wont decamp bt cud support candidate of oda powers 2teach APC a lesson
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by seunmsg(m): 11:20am On Oct 05, 2018
Good riddance.
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by Carmal90(m): 11:30am On Oct 05, 2018
Famzer:

I beg to disagree sir. Some of the issues in some states even precede the election of their political party. Amosu for example,has spent more time attacking Yayi and some of his opponents in his party. He is also relying on the PDP style of choosing winners at the primaries,he threw his hat into the ring as a contestant and sole authority to decide who gets what or not,so he was spreading himself too much so how does that becomes Oshiomhole's fault?He is not even complaining that the primaries were fraught with irregularities,they are just requesting to be granted the power to determine who wins the primaries.As for Akeredolu,I am still struggling to understand how who occupies the Senate should become his priorities because I am not sure if he's performance in office has justified the expectations of the electorates who voted him in against the choice of the incumbent governor then so if I were him,my focus will be to work excellently well and make peace with the senators so that they can work for me in the event that I run for second term. He's taking his intolerance of his opponents in APC too far and he could be consumed. He should learn from someone like Asiwaju Tinubu who takes back even his most vicious opponents when they offer olive branch like Obanikoro,Pedro, etc.
They are acting so paranoid to the point that they have this intense hatred for their opponents in the same party than for their opponents in opposition parties.
Oshiomhole doesn't need to have anything against them,their own paranoia is enough to kill them politically.
You made a very valid point, an am impressed sir,
But, why the inconsistency in oshiomole handling of affairs, in one state he cleared all senators, another he didn't, one state the state chapter said they want direct primary and he obliged, but others he forced his decision on them.. See it will backfire any how you see it, why would a sitting governor will not have a say on who replaces him? Why? Pls don't tell me it is a fraud, that is the norms in Nigeria and thousands oshiomole can't stop it, he can only succeed if the decision is same for all states, why did he chose obaseki when he is leaving edu as governor?? They will fight him.
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by Famzer: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2018
Carmal90:

You made a very valid point, an am impressed sir,
But, why the inconsistency in oshiomole handling of affairs, in one state he cleared all senators, another he didn't, one state the state chapter said they want direct primary and he obliged, but others he forced his decision on them.. See it will backfire any how you see it, why would a sitting governor will not have a say on who replaces him? Why? Pls don't tell me it is a fraud, that is the norms in Nigeria and thousands oshiomole can't stop it, he can only succeed if the decision is same for all states, why did he chose obaseki when he is leaving edu as governor?? They will fight him.
Now I get your point sir. The case in point is that you believe that Oshiomhole is using different standards for different states. I can't agree less with you but the governors in a way caused it by showing poor leadership skills. Apparently,the governors don't realize that they are responsible for the embarrassment their party is facing in the national Assembly because of their poor handling of their relationship with their elected national Assembly members,with senators in particular.

So far,with some of these governors now gunning for the Senate,it suddenly dawned on the party that these governors were deliberately orchestrating crisis and disagreeing with their senators for selfish political reasons and they care less even if the Senate embarrasses their party or the President.

I believe that the APC national is bent on rewarding the loyalty of some of the few senators who stood by the party and the President so that he could continue to enjoy the confidence of national Assembly members for the remaining time before the next election and of course sack Saraki and Dogara. This is part of the game plan the governors are ignoring at the risk of their political peril.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by Carmal90(m): 12:12pm On Oct 05, 2018
Famzer:

Now I get your point sir. The case in point is that you believe that Oshiomhole is using different standards for different states. I can't agree less with you but the governors in a way caused it by showing poor leadership skills. Apparently,the governors don't realize that they are responsible for the embarrassment their party is facing in the national Assembly because of their poor handling of their relationship with their elected national Assembly members,with senators in particular.

So far,with some of these governors now gunning for the Senate,it suddenly dawned on the party that these governors were deliberately orchestrating crisis and disagreeing with their senators for selfish political reasons and they care less even if the Senate embarrasses their party or the President.

I believe that the APC national is bent on rewarding the loyalty of some of the few senators who stood by the party and the President so that he could continue to enjoy the confidence of national Assembly members for the remaining time before the next election and of course sack Saraki and Dogara. This is part of the game plan the governors are ignoring at the risk of their political peril.

The last paragraph is why they are doing all this scheming, no more no less.
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by GentleMoney: 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2018
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by megacity: 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2018
He is welcome to join
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by gen2briz(m): 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2018
Cross carpeting is allow
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by RockHard: 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2018
Lol. He would be stupid to serious my consider that. When the Oyegun NWC favoured him he was happy. Now he us throwing a fit because he's not having his way? Mumu governor.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by Famzer: 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2018
Carmal90:

The last paragraph is why they are doing all this scheming, no more no less.
Now you are getting it sir. The governors should not have sacrificed the interest of their political party at the national Assembly because they want to replace their senators. I believe lessons have been learnt though. I also think that APC doesn't want a repeat of the scenario that threw up disloyal members of their party as leaders of the two arms of the national Assembly.
If I am any of these governors,that will be a more matured way for me to look at things.
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by mideactive: 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2018
What is he waiting for?
Re: Breaking: Akeredolu Considers Joining PDP Over APC Imposition Of Candidates by Carmal90(m): 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2018
Famzer:

Now you are getting it sir. The governors should not have sacrificed the interest of their political party at the national Assembly because they want to replace their senators. I believe lessons have been learnt though. I also think that APC doesn't want a repeat of the scenario that threw up disloyal members of their party as leaders of the two arms of the national Assembly.
If I am any of these governors,that will be a more matured way for me to look at things.

Politics is a selfish interest game, it doesn't start with these governor and it won't end.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why President Goodluck Jonathan Is Yet To Congratulate President Elect? / Osinbajo To Lead Discussion On Sustainable Development Of Cocoa Industry / Seun Kuti Video: The Real Owners Of Dangote Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.