Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) (7135 Views)

54 Incredible Facts That You Might Not Know About Nigeria / S&P Downgrades Ghana Cedi To "Junk" Status / Chucks: In Reply To The Nonsense You Wrote About Yoruba Leadership By Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by realborn(m): 8:07am On Jul 16, 2010
:d smiley ;d
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by VPersie: 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2010
GUy, u don run?

Come back make I give you my finishing move.

Abi ur liver dey fail u?
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by ElRazur: 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2010
Gosh, it takes Becomerich to point out the obvious to Jakumo. I love it!

What I find hypocritical of Jakumo is one of his post where he criticises Kosovo for his use of big words - Even though we know it is all in good humour for most part of Kosovo's post. Yet this Jakumo guy is doing similar thing. Nice one Jakumo. undecided

Just to paraphrase what others have mentioned in my own style. The use of "Big English" words where simple one will do, is just retarded. The use of complex bullshit to try and confuse people when debating is idioticcccc. So all you muppets who see the need to come across as "learned" are just fcuktards. Yeah sue me or take on me if any one of you dare. grin

@Becomerich

Not a fan of yours, but nice one for exposing these suckers, and explaining to them that communication is about people who may be reading/listening understand what one is saying.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by lyfe(m): 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2010
Everyone has a role to play in this endless drama called life, Becomerich has become one personality on this forum that I a times wonder if it is some kind of programme or virus invading nairaland with satellite pictures and African born English.
The dude cracks me up and I wonder what nairaland would be without becomerich.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by Becomrich0: 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2010
You are like the many email I get, everybody want to know how I look like.

When I feel comfortable and would post my picture. But not at the moment.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by shotter50: 10:57pm On Jul 18, 2010
^^^^ Thought you already did with that Cotonou picture!!
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by VPersie: 2:42am On Jul 19, 2010

What I find hypocritical of Jakumo is one of his post where he criticises Kosovo for his use of big words - Even though we know it is all in good humour for most part of Kosovo's post. Yet this Jakumo guy is doing similar thing. Nice one Jakumo.

Just to paraphrase what others have mentioned in my own style. The use of "Big English" words where simple one will do, is just retarded. The use of complex bullshit to try and confuse people when debating is idioticcccc. So all you muppets who see the need to come across as "learned" are just fcuktards. Yeah sue me or take on me if any one of you dare.

@Becomerich

Not a fan of yours, but nice one for exposing these suckers, and explaining to them that communication is about people who may be reading/listening understand what one is saying.

Thanks for restating my point with a nicer tone.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by Jakumo(m): 3:25am On Jul 19, 2010
One day, in the fullness of time, when I finally attain my lifelong goal of becoming an Electricity Engineer and World Renowned Mapologist like The Legend Himself, Becomerich, all criticism of my writing style will be punishable by ten years of hard labor in the Room of Maps, from where there is NO escape.      cry

In the meantime I will take my punishment like a man, while perfecting my dastardly plans that will forever neutralize ALL disgruntled elements.

1 Like

Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by Beaf: 3:37am On Jul 19, 2010
Becomrich0:

You are like the many email I get, everybody want to know how I look like.

When I feel comfortable and would post my picture. But not at the moment.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
So whose picture is this?

Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by VPersie: 4:14am On Jul 19, 2010
^^^^

Ewweeeh! Ooh tackle were! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by VPersie: 4:14am On Jul 19, 2010
^^^^

That picture is retarded.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by youngies(m): 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^^^ grin grin Pesin go die one day for this nairaland grin
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by Jarus(m): 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2010
ElRazur:

What I find hypocritical of Jakumo is one of his post where he criticises Kosovo for his use of big words - Even though we know it is all in good humour for most part of Kosovo's post. Yet this Jakumo guy is doing similar thing. Nice one Jakumo. undecided

Just to paraphrase what others have mentioned in my own style. The use of "Big English" words where simple one will do, is just retarded. The use of complex bullshit to try and confuse people when debating is idioticcccc. So all you muppets who see the need to come across as "learned" are just fcuktards. Yeah sue me or take on me if any one of you dare. grin

@Becomerich

I beg to differ here. There is a world of difference between Jakumo's and Kosovo's styles.
Kosovo tries to impress with his 'big' vocabularies which are usually out of context and fraught with spelling errors. To make matters worse, he commits grammar acrobatics in simple tenses. And it looks like he's trying to imitate Jakumo. His style is amateurish, to say the least.

Jakumo, on the hand, is obviously also showboating, but with much style and sense. One, he has been consistent with it for over 4 years.Two, he does his assignment right in little things like tenses, concord etc, unlike Kosovo. Three, being the first person to bring such style to Nairaland, and the popularity it has earned him, he is seen as original and pioneer of bombast on NL.

Of course, this is not to say blowing big grammar when simple words will easily pass the message is faultless, but I don't see anything wrong in anybody establishing a peculiar style, provided you are original and consistent with it, not 'copy, copy' style.  I personally find it amusing.

1 Like

Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by realborn(m): 1:41pm On Jul 19, 2010
VPersie:

GUy, u don run?

Come back make I give you my finishing move.

Abi your liver dey fail u?
My dear friend, kindly find below another lesson to be learnt by you:

'Always endeavour to do the right thing at the right time'

You & I expended qualitative time last week exchanging posts on this trivial thread without you vending as much rage. Fellow Nlanders requested we allow the thread flow in tandem with the humour at inception. Who am I to disregard this call? Please note that there is time for everything under the sun (Eclesiastes 3 vs 1 -3) wink. Efforts to disparage or sneer at you due to your paucities have been discontinued as promised in my last post to you. Spend time reading my previous posts over and over again with emphasis on the advices given to you until you eschew all vituperations and peace is bestowed upon your soul. If you do not find a lasting solution by doing this, you may engage in community service (road sweeping, drain cleaning, bush clearing and traffic control) until when you will be gainfully employed. This will be highly appreciated by all within your settlement.

For further mentoring, do not hesitate to forward your post. If i tarry, it will be due to exigencies at work. I have a presentation to wow the board of directors of our newly approved partnership project. I will be working productively. Do wish me luck. Regards, smiley
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by desgiezd(m): 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2010
@ Beaf

You fit kill person oooo with that picture, haba!!
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by ElRazur: 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2010
Jarus:

I beg to differ here. There is a world of difference between Jakumo's and Kosovo's styles.
Kosovo tries to impress with his 'big' vocabularies which are usually out of context and fraught with spelling errors. To make matters worse, he commits grammar acrobatics in simple tenses. And it looks like he's trying to imitate Jakumo. His style is amateurish, to say the least.

Jakumo, on the hand, is obviously also showboating, but with much style and sense. One, he has been consistent with it for over 4 years.Two, he does his assignment right in little things like tenses, concord etc, unlike Kosovo. Three, being the first person to bring such style to Nairaland, and the popularity it has earned him, he is seen as original and pioneer of bombast on NL.

Of course, this is not to say blowing big grammar when simple words will easily pass the message is faultless, but I don't see anything wrong in anybody establishing a peculiar style, provided you are original and consistent with it, not 'copy, copy' style.  I personally find it amusing.

As my people say "Efa da ni nu eje"? (What is the difference between 6 and 7?). Seriously, how can there be much difference when the end result makes the reader confused, and losing track of what the message is about.

Mind you, most reader get confused because of poor execution and command of the actual meaning by the writer. So tell me, what is really the difference?

Yes he is showing off, but the difference between him and Kosovo is that Kosovo's approach is meant to make people laugh, whereas Jakumo's approach is to come across like he's good at it. In order words, one of them do it for a laugh, and the other one appears to be faking it. As it stand, Jakumo do not have any moral ground to have a go at Kosovo's approach. (And am not a Kosovo's fan either)

As per mistakes and spelling errors, it do not really bother me in the slightest. Heck, I make them from time to time. However, I frown at those who go out of their way to fake it.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by Jakumo(m): 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2010
Good sir, could you be kind enough to show a link to the post in which I spoke out against ANY WRITER'S use of the English language, for I am absolutely certain that such an instance does not exist outside of your own creative imagination. 

Also, flattered though I may be by your attention and helpful language teacher's critique, please do remember that the option of simply IGNORING my submissions here has actually been available to you all along, should the comprehension of my writing style elude you.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2010
Jarus:

must people show off with bogus grammar that makes no sense at all ? Being intelligent is not about big vocabularies but  ability to communicate in the simplest manner available.NL is a forum attended by thousands of users daily mostly by adolescent by my assessment and offering them an optional educational opportunity for coming to the forum is an added advantage for personal develpoment.
We have so many clowns in here who do not really add value,abeg,we have kids on board.
ElRazur:

As my people say "Efa da ni nu eje"? (What is the difference between 6 and 7?). Seriously, how can there be much difference when the end result makes the reader confused, and losing track of what the message is about.

Mind you, most reader get confused because of poor execution and command of the actual meaning by the writer. So tell me, what is really the difference?  

Yes he is showing off, but the difference between him and Kosovo is that Kosovo's approach is meant to make people laugh, whereas Jakumo's approach is to come across like he's good at it. In order words, one of them do it for a laugh, and the other one appears to be faking it.  As it stand, Jakumo do not have any moral ground to have a go at Kosovo's approach.  (And am not a Kosovo's fan either)

As per mistakes and spelling errors, it do not really bother me in the slightest. Heck, I make them from time to time. However, I frown at those who go out of their way to fake it.  
oju e scare gan.bawo ni area ?
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

oju e scar[i]c[/i]e gan.bawo ni area ?

Is that a bad thing?
yanga dey sleep, ayamantaga wan wake am grin
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by ElRazur: 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2010
Jakumo:

Good sir, could you be kind enough to show a link to the post in which I spoke out against ANY WRITER'S use of the English language, for I am absolutely certain that such an instance does not exist outside of your own creative imagination. 

Also, flattered though I may be by your attention and helpful language teacher's critique, please do remember that the option of simply IGNORING my submissions here has actually been available to you all along, should the comprehension of my writing style elude you.   

Here, let me help you. What jack shiiit do you speak of?

It is a public forum, I can post what I want and how I want. Just in case you don't know, it is also up to me whether I ignore or respond to your post.

In the mean time, to claim you haven't had a go at Kosovo for his style is laughable. Oh, I refuse to go digging for post either.

@Bluetooth,

I dey jare na work carry water drink jare lol.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Is that a bad thing?
yanga dey sleep, ayamantaga wan wake am grin
mo ti miss e gan ni.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by Jakumo(m): 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2010
ElRazur:

It is a public forum, I can post what I want and how I want.

Very well sir, please indulge yourself in as many whimsical hallucinations as you wish, since I do the same on occasion, in the name of entertainment.   You may call me whatever you like, but DON'T call me late for the sharing of cash.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by ElRazur: 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2010
Jakumo:

Very well sir, please indulge yourself in as many whimsical hallucinations as you wish, since I do the same on occasion, in the name of entertainment.   You may call me whatever you like, but DON'T call me late for the sharing of cash.

I think Kosovo is better than you to be honest. I don't mind clowns, but Fakers should be made to face strict Sharia punishment.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by Jakumo(m): 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2010
Why thank you for your opinion. Silly me. I had no idea that I was supposed to be engaged in some sort of competition here. Don't you feel that I at least deserve a consolation prize of spending a couple of nights in a university womens' hostel ? Please, Judge Razor, cut me at least a small break, to help lift my gloom just a little.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by ElRazur: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2010
One second, be right back. . . . Just wait right there okay.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by canuck(m): 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2010
I recall reading a post by a kool-aid drinking Jakumo fan who was convinced that NL's most beloved politics poster is none other than Prof. Wole Soyinka himself! grin

Maybe Jakumo can't help himself, coz as pointed out by Jarus, the guy has been consistently shelling out Junk Engrish "big grammar" for almost 4 years.

PS: To Becomerich, a maxim on equity rings true - "He who comes into equity must do so with clean hands" - My Canadian bros, your posts hands are not clean on the matter of Engrish o  cheesy
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by Jakumo(m): 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2010
Kongi would no doubt chuckle at the notion that an impostor is trying to emulate his prose here, Canuck, yet I do feel honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as that man, whose passion for firearms, hunting and hot red snapper I certainly share.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2010
Yes he is showing off, but the difference between him and Kosovo is that Kosovo's approach is meant to make people laugh, whereas Jakumo's approach is to come across like he's good at it. In order words, one of them do it for a laugh, and the other one appears to be faking it. As it stand, Jakumo do not have any moral ground to have a go at Kosovo's approach.

1) i do not recall jakumo having a go at kosovo
2) kosovo's atrocious english has NOTHING to do with trying to make people laugh - anyone who has been a recipent of his PMs can tell you that
3) most of us , imho find jakumos prose entertaining witty and biting - sort of like oscar wilde

i personally do not consider jakumo to be using 'big english' i retain that for people whose words are disjointed and whose message cannot be desciphered
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by realborn(m): 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2010
Jakumo:

Kongi would no doubt chuckle at the notion that an impostor is trying to emulate his prose here, Canuck, yet I do feel honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as that man, whose passion for firearms, hunting and hot red snapper I certainly share.
The quantum of outbursts and condemnation of your arty writing prowess is shocking. I love to read your posts and will definitely love to read more. You deliver your opinions differently which is worthy of commendation. Despite the apt comparison of your style with Kongi's by a critic, I think you still got your own unique swag. Definitions are relative. It may be junk english afterall but it is junk because it amuses.  It pays to be one better than the crowd.  cool

1 Like

Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by SSaemoenl(m): 6:08pm On Jul 19, 2010
In the name of God, Please we are all here to learn, You can lower the level of ur grammar to enable the second reader comprehend what u are saying in general.
Thanks.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by Bhola(f): 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2010
This is the funniest poo. Becomerich is calling Jakumo out. This is too funny. You hyprocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. I mean come on people, do anyone understand Becomerich's posts? I honestly believe BMR do not exist. Someone can't be this passionate about maps and electricity engineering.

If you don't understand witty comments, that's one thing. But to call Jakumo, fake. Now that's pushing it.

Jakumo nothing do you jare. Some of us gbadun you die.
Re: Jakumu English Nonsense. You Do Not Know How To Write English.(junk English) by tkb417(m): 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2010
pls u guys shdnt kill Becomrich

Baku English has come to stay

as a matter of fact, becomrich is the greatest NLder ever

pls o, watch ur tongue o

Jakumo vs Kosovo

i dont think i ever understood Kosovo
at a point i thought the guy wasnt speaking english cos the way his words pierces through ma brain atimes, na panadol i dey take survive
Jakumo : i dunno
plenty grammar, thats all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bombshell! Pmb Received N850m Thru His Pa’s Access Bank Act 0045586381- Dasukiga / Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres / INEC Transfers PVC Collection To Registration Areas, Wards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.