Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

My Friends, I Seek Your Help - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friends, I Seek Your Help (794 Views)

Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up / Why Do Nigerians Seek Spiritual Remedy To Most Of Their Problems? / My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friends, I Seek Your Help by drrionelli(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2010
My friends, I am in a bit of a quandry.  Perhaps this topic should be placed in the Islam for Muslims section, but I, myself, am not a Muslim, so I don't wish to compromise those who would be offended or made otherwise uncomfortable by my presence there, so I shall address this here.

A family of my acquaintance has recently lost a member to death (a man of just 36 years of age--death was the result of an accident).  I would like to afford them some words of comfort, as much as that is possible at such a time.  Most of their friends are Christians, and I feel that it might be of some solace to them to hear comforting words from a different perspective, if you will.  The man, nor his family, is of Islamic faith, but certainly, grief is a universal thing. 

Are there any citings or verses in the Qur'an that you would suggest for me to offer this fine family in their time of difficulty?

Thank you for your consideration!  I await your replies.   smiley
Re: My Friends, I Seek Your Help by drrionelli(m): 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2010
I should point out that I do have an English-language Qur'an, and am, myself, engaged in seeking such words of comfort. However, if you have a familiarity of the Book, it would assist me greatly.
Re: My Friends, I Seek Your Help by drrionelli(m): 7:54pm On Jul 12, 2010
I have changed the title of the thread so as to be more clear. Thank you for your patience.
Re: My Friends, I Seek Your Help by noetic16(m): 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2010
jus console the bereaved in ur own heart-felt words and stop making an issue out of nothing undecided
Re: My Friends, I Seek Your Help by Tudor6(f): 5:21am On Jul 13, 2010
^^
Losing a family member to death is not 'nothing'.
Re: My Friends, I Seek Your Help by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 13, 2010
noetic16:

jus console the bereaved in your own heart-felt words and stop making an issue out of nothing undecided

I stand with u my friend. Its no big deal for anyone to die. Death is very sure and certain. Every one will die some day.

@OP just say nice and refreshing words of consolation and add little prayer that Allah grant them the fortitude to bear the lose
Re: My Friends, I Seek Your Help by noetic16(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2010
Tudór:

^^
Losing a family member to death is not 'nothing'.

but turning the condolence message into a religious stuff is disgusting. . , .why not just sympathise with them in ur own words.
Re: My Friends, I Seek Your Help by drrionelli(m): 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2010
@noetic16 & toba:
I feel that my purpose has been somewhat misconstrued. My point is not to turn "the condolence message into a religious stuff." Far from it. Rather, I seek words that are not only eloquent, but those that will continue to speak meaningfully to the families for some time to come.

I'm sorry if it seems that I'm making more of this personal loss than might seem necessary. Likewise, I seek to show no favoritism with respect to anybody's faith. I simply wished to consider that there are more apt ways to express sincere sentiments than are available to me, personally.
Re: My Friends, I Seek Your Help by slimfit4(m): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2010
Simple, Sura Al-Baqara, Verse 156,

Send it in English ooo lol, grin

Peace.
Re: My Friends, I Seek Your Help by drrionelli(m): 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2010
@slim-fit:
Thank you so much for your kindness! Your efforts to assist me in bringing comfort to my friends are most appreciated.

And, yes, I shall offer the words in English (the family's primary language)!

Are there other words similar to these to be found elsewhere in the Qur'an?
Re: My Friends, I Seek Your Help by slimfit4(m): 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2010
There are some more but i dont think it will be applicable since they are xtians so they wont misinterprets you,

Peace.
Re: My Friends, I Seek Your Help by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2010
drrionelli:

@noetic16 & toba:
I feel that my purpose has been somewhat misconstrued.  My point is not to turn "the condolence message into a religious stuff."  Far from it.  Rather, I seek words that are not only eloquent, but those that will continue to speak meaningfully to the families for some time to come. 

I'm sorry if it seems that I'm making more of this personal loss than might seem necessary.  Likewise, I seek to show no favoritism with respect to anybody's faith.    I simply wished to consider that there are more apt ways to express sincere sentiments than are available to me, personally. 

BTW i said anything about being religious. But i cautioned that u might not be overzealous.

U can buy a card, there are some that have refreshing words. therein

(1) (Reply)

A ''Christian'' And ''A Born Again Christian'' / Don’t Marry Without Investigating – Pastor Ruth / Why Should Christians Attend Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.