Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (868507 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 11:33am On Oct 11, 2018
Thought as much because this ur MONIKER has been around for a long while, even before i was here, i read ur Notes and advises , we shared ideas too, and i didn't know you were also awaiting your documents, anyway, i think there is more to your application if you ask me, 1 year for Visa Application? Na citizenship them wan give you?

Hold on, be strong... You will get a reply by ending of October, come and pay tithe afterwards.

jnyuwa02:

Reapply for what? I have not been denied. My application has been pending one year now is what makes it ridiculous from the school's point of view. Might be bacause I have a lot of travel history, lived 18 years outside of Nigeria. This fall 2018 was my last possibility of deferring my admission. It was also my last chance to show up or have my highly coveted scholarship cancelled and given to someone else. I was a no show cos CIC refused to process my application despite numerous emails. It was all generic replies that your application under "active processing." It appears from the school's letter that they may be willing to have me resume in January 2019. If so, praise the Lord! What a year it would be to enter 2019 starting school in Canada. God has been so good to me in my lifetime, this would be another big testimony when it happens.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mightyola: 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2018
Just a little thought... Did you submit all your police report for all the countries you have lived in, while submitting your application. Did you engage in any form of paid employment while away and did you state them on your form?.

jnyuwa02:

Reapply for what? I have not been denied. My application has been pending one year now is what makes it ridiculous from the school's point of view. Might be bacause I have a lot of travel history, lived 18 years outside of Nigeria. This fall 2018 was my last possibility of deferring my admission. It was also my last chance to show up or have my highly coveted scholarship cancelled and given to someone else. I was a no show cos CIC refused to process my application despite numerous emails. It was all generic replies that your application under "active processing." It appears from the school's letter that they may be willing to have me resume in January 2019. If so, praise the Lord! What a year it would be to enter 2019 starting school in Canada. God has been so good to me in my lifetime, this would be another big testimony when it happens.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 12:11pm On Oct 11, 2018
mightyola:
Just a little thought... Did you submit all your police report for all the countries you have lived in, while submitting your application. Did you engage in any form of paid employment while away and did you state them on your form?.

Yes I did include police report from the USA. I have only lived in the USA, but travelled briefly for a few weeks on vacation to a few countries. Only country I worked in was the USA for 10 years and stated where I worked, including letters from those employers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mightyola: 12:17pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hmm..My brother..I can only say one thing. If you lived in the US for 10years and didn't Violate any Immigration Policy or law,which i think is what they are trying to find out, then just keep your fingers crossed,be prayerful and hopeful.

jnyuwa02:

Yes I did include police report from the USA. I have only lived in the USA, but travelled briefly for a few weeks on vacation to a few countries. Only country I worked in was the USA for 10 years and stated where I worked, including letters from those employers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Fleshly: 12:19pm On Oct 11, 2018
@Jnyuwa, Boss I contacted you early August via email on how to go about my submission. But just this morning I received a PPR letter, does that mean that my visa has been approved?

@Everyone, I'm kinda scared, I submitted an online application for visa and here is my time line:

Purpose of visit: Study Permit- PhD in Engineering.
Date Submitted: 4th Sept, I did an upfront Medicals.
Biometrics: 5th Sept
Biometrics done and updated: 6th Sept.
Medicals Passed: 14th Sept.
Passport Request: 11th Oct.

I'm scared because when I go through what many people say here regarding online submission - how much time take it takes, tbh, I was expecting my PPR in December and that's why I want to know the meaning of this PPR.

Lastly, when I checked my profile it's still on background check and they've not updated it. Please I'm kinda confused.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Fleshly: 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
Update: I just checked now and they said my application has been approved.

THANK YOU SO MUCH JNYUWA. AND THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE ON NAIRALAND WHO IS TRYING TO HELP OUT VISA APPLICANTS. I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS FORUM.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mightyola: 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2018
Congrats!!

Fleshly:

THANK YOU SO MUCH JNYUWA. AND THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE ON NAIRALAND WHO IS TRYING TO HELP OUT VISA APPLICANTS. I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS FORUM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Clara2244(f): 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2018
Am sorry to ask but is it possible to work in the USA legally for 10 years without getting PR?
mightyola:
Hmm..My brother..I can only say one thing. If you lived in the US for 10years and didn't Violate any Immigration Policy or law,which i think is what they are trying to find out, then just keep your fingers crossed,be prayerful and hopeful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 12:37pm On Oct 11, 2018
mightyola:

You are right. But in this information age, that shouldnt take one year. Nevertheless, they will find out that no laws were violated me. Everything I ever did in my life, I always do within the confines and conformity of the law. Praying everyday here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mightyola: 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
Well..I think 10 years ago, it was still easy for organisations to apply for a work permit for foreigners with exceptional skill-set, but with time the avenue for such has become nearly impossible. It's not possible to work LEGALLY without papers(work permit or PR) mostly anywhere in the world, even in Nigeria..lol

Clara2244:
Am sorry to ask but is it possible to work in the USA legally for 10 years without getting PR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 12:42pm On Oct 11, 2018
Trapping:

Which one is PGC?

Post graduate certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 12:42pm On Oct 11, 2018
Clara2244:

Yes of course. Many never get PR, just working and renewing work visa or work permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 11, 2018
Fleshly:
@Jnyuwa, Boss I contacted you early August via email on how to go about my submission. But just this morning I received a PPR letter, does that mean that my visa has been approved?

@Everyone, I'm kinda scared, I submitted an online application for visa and here is my time line:

I'm scared because when I go through what many people say here regarding online submission - how much time take it takes, tbh, I was expecting my PPR in December and that's why I want to know the meaning of this PPR.

Lastly, when I checked my profile it's still on background check and they've not updated it. Please I'm kinda confused.

Congratulations bro...well the good news is applications are being attended to quicker now dy are back....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2018
Oskydaniellyyy:

Let's us know the documents you submitted

I guess you sent this to a wrong moniker.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 12:47pm On Oct 11, 2018
Fleshly:

You are welcome! Congrats, so happy for you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by galala123(m): 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2018
Fleshly:

Congratulations!!!
It's not a crime to receive good news in record time so rejoice.

PhD's seem to have a special route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2018
galala123:
Congratulations!!!
It's not a crime to receive good news in record time so rejoice.

PhD's seem to have a special route.

Seriously, they do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2018
Fleshly:

Congratulations!

This shows that online applications can be fast, the VO are the ones delaying other applications based on the program choice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2018
Fleshly:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kriff: 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2018
Congrats
Fleshly:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ezriela: 2:31pm On Oct 11, 2018
I pray you get a positive response soon. You deserve the best
jnyuwa02:
I received this letter from my prospective school yesterday in response to my letter that I have missed my resumption again because CIC has not processed me. I also wrote a member of parliament and received a response from his secretary that she will forward my letter to him.

Dear Jeremy,

Thanks for the update. This is a ridiculous situation indeed. I’m not sure whether it might be possible for you to start the MPP program in January (the fall semester started a month ago so the earliest you could start is in January) so I CC Amy, who might know.

Good luck!!!

Daniel Beland
Chair,
Masters In Public and Policy Program
University of Saskatchewan

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ezriela: 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2018
Congrats
Fleshly:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ezriela: 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2018
Congrats fleshly
Fleshly:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
I may not have gone through your profile and documents you submitted, but with what you have put down here, I will assume you submitted a well packaged application. we all know even a well packaged application can be still be refused, while a not too good application get approved, it all boils down to Gods favour. Now this is my own little advise, I will advise you re-apply with this same documents and SOP(Since u said u thoroughly tackled the reasons for ur denial in ur SOP), its obvious the VO that attended to ur application isnt the right VO for ur application, am pretty sure if you re-apply with this same application, you can get ur Visa Approval. We have seen severally on this thread where applicants say after they were refused, they apply with the same documents they submitted in their previous appllication and they were approved. So please re-apply with those same documents, and if u need to work a little bit on ur already "thorough SOP", please do. I assure you will get it this time, since a different VO wil attend to ur re-aaplication. Do that before going for Judicial review at the Canadian court. Peace
Dwebb55:
Dear house, I finally received a response from CIC. However, I was delayed and will soon go about reapplying.

This application was my first and I believe it was well packaged as I am an avid reader of the thread and I also used a top immigration lawyer based in Canada and I have an unblemished travel history.

Submitted online on 1st of June. Biometrics was done on the 7th. I sent several CSE's and got a denial yesterday. I applied for a course in a trade as I recently started a business in that trade and needed further education to boost and improve my business. The trade isn't taught in the Universities which is why I had to apply to a college.

Deny was adduced to purpose of study but will be applying for my gcms shortly to get a specific reason. Contributions will be welcome to get this sorted.

Also thinking of a judicial review but yet to decide on if this will be a better option. Opinions are welcome and I look forward to being successful in a trade that I believe will enhance me personally and my society at large.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 3:29pm On Oct 11, 2018
G
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kishkosh: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
Since 12th of June, yet no show....
It is well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by canadabyfire: 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2018
@ SenatorKolade, the processing time as at when u submitted may not be the processing time that your application would be processed. Processing time stated by CIC is historical not futuristic...............meaning that as at when u submitted, it took CIC an average of 9weeks to complete 80% of application submitted....going forward, if more applications are received and the man power to handle the application is not also increasing, it will take longer time to process.

Processing Time updated on 5th of October is 14weeks as at October 2nd 2018...............working backwards; 14weeks before october 2, 2018..........is June 26, 2018.............technically what this means is that CIC is currently and officially processing applications that completed biometrics before June 26, 2018. However, there are outliers to this.

Considering that your application has not exceeded the 14weeks currently stated...........you may not get a response;even if you get a response.............it will be nothing new...but same copy and paste generic mail...............as per the presentation and content of your mail, you are in order.

Senatorkolade:
IS THE BELOW WRITE UP OK FOR THE CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO THE IRCC:

I am writing in respect of my study permit application which has exceeded the average processing time for applicants from Nigeria. The average processing time for Nigerian applicants as at July 5th, 2018 I submitted my application was 9 weeks and my application is almost 14 weeks now. It seems my application has been abandoned.

I will be glad to know the update of my study permit application.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2018
canadabyfire:
@ SenatorKolade, the processing time as at when u submitted may not be the processing time that your application would be processed. Processing time stated by CIC is historical not futuristic...............meaning that as at when u submitted, it took CIC an average of 9weeks to complete 80% of application submitted....going forward, if more applications are received and the man power to handle the application is not also increasing, it will take longer time to process.

Processing Time updated on 5th of October is 14weeks as at October 2nd 2018...............working backwards; 14weeks before october 2, 2018..........is June 26, 2018.............technically what this means is that CIC is currently and officially processing applications that completed biometrics before June 26, 2018. However, there are outliers to this.

Considering that your application has not exceeded the 14weeks currently stated...........you may not get a response;even if you get a response.............it will be nothing new...but same copy and paste generic mail...............as per the presentation and content of your mail, you are in order.

OK
THANKS. IT SHALL ALL END IN PRAISE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tobbyboy17: 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2018
Clear road and let the testimony role in.
I wanna use this opportunity to appreciate God for his faithfulness over my application. Also kudos to you guys for the wonderful info I got here.

I applied for study permit online, below are the stages/steps I went through.

Applied: june 16
Biometric: June 25
Eligibility review started: august 8
Medical request: Sept 25
Medical done: sept 27
Medical passed: Oct 1st
Passport request : Oct 2
Passport submitted: Oct 5
Correspondence letter: Oct 9.

Already deferred my admission to winter. M.sc McGill university.

1. I was scared because I used my phone to scan most of my documents and some documents are not clear enough.
2. I didn't put my payslip ( only Id card and employment letter).
3. My application was processed in Lagos office.

Anyone heading to Montreal by December let's link up.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
Tobbyboy17:

I wanna use this opportunity to appreciate God for his faithfulness over my application. Also kudos to you guys for the wonderful info I got here.

1. I was scared because I used my phone to scan most of my documents and some documents are not clear enough.

Anyone heading to Montreal by December let's hook up.

Congratulations bro...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2018
Tobbyboy17:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2018
Congratulations bro
Tobbyboy17:

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.