Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,368 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866028 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Justobserving1: 12:07am On Dec 19, 2018
No update yet
pheoebe:
@omoarukheo, @justobeserving, any update on your passport and visa stamp please? Have no idea why this is taking long, and I fear they'll be going for Christmas break this weekend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omoarukheo(f): 1:54am On Dec 19, 2018
Unchee:

Hello,
submitted mine on the 3rd of December. My correspondence letter came today. Hopefully, I will get my passport within this week. Just chill, you may still get it this week. I hope this helps

Oh wow, it is well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omoarukheo(f): 1:55am On Dec 19, 2018
pheoebe:

My flight is also for next week. Do we send a CSE or just chill? Is there anyone else that has submitted their passport to VFS recently and gotten it back? Maybe we should hear from other people o.

I think you can send a mail with a scanned copy of your ticket
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 3:49am On Dec 19, 2018
jazzyjay:
Amen and Amen.

You have such a good heart, so am not surprised.

God will continue to favour you in all ramification.

Wish you all the best.

Amen and thanks so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 5:56am On Dec 19, 2018
Famzyactivity:
My application has been approved ! July 24 Online route .this is my third application
Bro pls reply your PM. I have a few questions I wanna ask. When did you do upfront medicals and how long did it take to get a passport request after your medicals? I applied June 30 did upfront medicals 3weeks ago. It was updated as passed last two weeks Monday and I've been sending numerous emails. No response from them. They requested on updated letter of admission about 8weeks ago. Nothing yet still. Pls answer my questions bro and your PM. I'm really worried
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:01am On Dec 19, 2018
Famzyactivity:
My application has been approved ! July 24 Online route .this is my third application

Congratulations brother
I tap from your miracle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by fadasss: 7:06am On Dec 19, 2018
Good day evry1, I was sent a mail requesting me to do my medicals which I did yesterday...wat next do I need to do...do I need to submit anything or the hospital is going to update dem on it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubaiboy1: 7:12am On Dec 19, 2018
Congrats ! The hospital will send them your medical result . All the best in the remaining steps .

fadasss:
Good day evry1, I was sent a mail requesting me to do my medicals which I did yesterday...wat next do I need to do...do I need to submit anything or the hospital is going to update dem on it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JKilz: 7:49am On Dec 19, 2018
Congratulations. Just pray for a speedy ppr and delivery

fadasss:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cherryola: 8:02am On Dec 19, 2018
Pls have you ever come across anyone that got approve with 3rd party as sponsor b4 without no commitment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by goingforward: 8:08am On Dec 19, 2018
Congratulations @coast2coast,

Please for your SWOP did you add bank statements.
If you added SOA What was the amount of POF was it the same as the amount your spouse used fo study permit?

My fellow nairalanders grin it's been a while. Preparing to fly with my family and my schedule has been tight.
For the TRV hopefuls, God will answer you speedily before Christmas in Jesus mighty name. amen.

goingforward.

Coast2Coast:
Journey to Spousal work permit while waiting for my visit visa to accompany my son and spouse to Canada.

Thanks for insight.
Applied online on 9/12/2018
Upfront medicals passed on 17/12/2018
PPR on 18/12/2018
Dropping passport on 19/12/2018.
Documents submitted are:
Proof of relationship (many wedding pictures and landed properties documents bought together )
My companies documents with Tax clearance
School enrolment documents
I applied for a visit visa for my older son, it was rejected that we should apply for a study permit with medicals.
I intend to submit that tomorrow.
In between, I am a pharmacist and I have started the processes of my Canada Pharmacists registration. The documents were also attached.
Thank you all.

How it all began:
My wife was issued Study Permit in Nigeria on 30/10/2018 with my two years old son. I applied for a visit visa on 31/10/2018 To accompany them and give them all necessary support to settle down. We fixed our proposed journey for the 8/12/2018. The visit visa didn't come. I sent cse to London, Lagos will reply. Active review and active processes. When I discovered that it won't come, I accompany them all the same to Istanbul, they proceeded to Canada, I proceeded to New York. While in New York, I applied for SOWP because I already have an outstanding visit visa pending and might be refused for purpose of visit since they left Nigeria as planned. Before I left Nigeria, I sent an email to Canada Visa office in New York if I can apply for SOWP, They gave the go ahead and even sent the VAC office address in New York. I applied immediately. I printed form 1-94 they confirmed my status in the USA and attached it. I am dropping my Passport in the VAC office Moro. I think the Nigeria situations made visa issuance difficult. I have learnt a lot in this journey. To God be the glory. I am writing thing on a phone , Pls pardon any mistakes and lets all use our strategies to achieve our Canada dreams. My Canada dream started this year after the study permit.
Thanks to all the fora of Nairaland. I researched a lot.
I also researched from other international fora. Then I realised that as a Nigerian you can apply for Study permit from USA. But you will need to supply verifiable websites to verify your documents. Like CAC and FIRS website which I did. All the best guys. It's possible

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 19, 2018
I wana ask, my application is on Eligibility review...since 8th of Nov...applied on the 18th of July...I have differed my admission to sept 2019 cos my department don't have winter/spring sessions.. my question is, is it advisable to send d the new admission letter to cic or just wait till dy request for it... I ask cos I don't want if I submit it and dy see it sept2019, dy will delay my approval till middle next year... am just asking cos I feel now dy are attending to people who are resuming classes in January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Coast2Coast: 9:50am On Dec 19, 2018
Thanks. I did. Since it was US, I only added my GTBANK Visa dollar account so that they can understand it. It has closing balance of $3000.00.
goingforward:
Congratulations @coast2coast,

Please for your SWOP did you add bank statements.
If you added SOA What was the amount of POF was it the same as the amount your spouse used fo study permit?

My fellow nairalanders grin it's been a while. Preparing to fly with my family and my schedule has been tight.
For the TRV hopefuls, God will answer you speedily before Christmas in Jesus mighty name. amen.

goingforward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raymondrain: 10:29am On Dec 19, 2018
Good morning house.... Please is there anyone who can vet my sop for me... Finished it and I want someone you cross-check Incase of typography errors or irrelevant information. Please anyone!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imoriafe: 11:20am On Dec 19, 2018
[quote author=fadasss post=73977417]Good day evry1, I was sent a mail requesting me to do my medicals which I did yesterday...wat next do I need to do...do I need to submit anything or the hospital is going to update dem on it[/j

Bros when did u apply n what route? I'm still waiting for a response.. Did u get biometric validity?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by goingforward: 11:24am On Dec 19, 2018
Okay, thanks a lot for this info. In between I noticed that your SWOP was processed in 9 days wow. That's impressive.

Coast2Coast:
Thanks. I did. Since it was US, I only added my GTBANK Visa dollar account so that they can understand it. It has closing balance of $3000.00.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Clara2244(f): 11:32am On Dec 19, 2018
Congrats dear. Am next in line for this blessing. AMEN
@sleekysoft get in line.
Famzyactivity:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Demoore11: 11:42am On Dec 19, 2018
fadasss:

@fadasss, did you apply online or paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Demoore11: 11:44am On Dec 19, 2018
Raymondrain:
Good morning house.... Please is there anyone who can vet my sop for me... Finished it and I want someone you cross-check Incase of typography errors or irrelevant information. Please anyone!!!

I can help proof read. I'll pm you now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ollypapi(m): 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2018
Please who can help me with schools that can allow me do master in computer science with my degree in another discipline,pls list those schools for me.
And also without GRE and TOEFL.
What is the chance of obtaining visa with this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omoarukheo(f): 12:07pm On Dec 19, 2018
Justobserving1 and pheoebe, I'm going to the embassy at vi today, I'll let you guys know what's up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Coast2Coast: 12:23pm On Dec 19, 2018
Yes. 9days.
goingforward:
Okay, thanks a lot for this info. In between I noticed that your SWOP was processed in 9 days wow. That's impressive.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josh1996: 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2018
Good afternoon bosses, please my sponsors business isn't registered. What can I use to show her source of income.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 12:25pm On Dec 19, 2018
I

Clara2244:
Congrats dear. Am next in line for this blessing. AMEN
@sleekysoft get in line.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2018
sleekysoft:
I dey line since lol .. I no move

Sleekysoft...need your advice on this pls

I wana ask, my application is on Eligibility review...since 8th of Nov...applied on the 18th of July...I have differed my admission to sept 2019 cos my department don't have winter/spring sessions.. my question is, is it advisable to send d the new admission letter to cic or just wait till dy request for it... I ask cos I don't want if I submit it and dy see it sept2019, dy will delay my approval till middle next year... am just asking cos I feel now dy are attending to people who are resuming classes in January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
My own opinion, wait till next year before you send them , if they don’t ask

042viber12:

Sleekysoft...need your advice on this pls

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2018
sleekysoft:
My own opinion, wait till next year before you send them , if they don’t ask

Okay....thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by rachaelD(f): 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
042viber12:

If u applied online, u can't tracking your application via vfs....u track the progress using your online visa application account...login and u will see it. .u only track via vfs if u did paper submission

Not true, I applied online and tracked via vfs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by rachaelD(f): 12:58pm On Dec 19, 2018
magastefan:
@O42viber12 You answered NO to my question does that mean I can go ahead and apply even if I dont have a travel history for a postgraduate student?.....
Thank you

Yes you can, applied under same condition.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by pheoebe(f): 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
Omoarukheo:
Justobserving1 and pheoebe, I'm going to the embassy at vi today, I'll let you guys know what's up

Okay dear. Will be expecting to hear from you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Justobserving1: 1:58pm On Dec 19, 2018
okay thank you, looking forward to hearing from you
Omoarukheo:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Justobserving1: 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2018
@Omoarukheo why are you going to the embassy though? i thought you are supposed to pick off from where you dropped off ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.