Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866444 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Justobserving1: 8:24pm On Dec 19, 2018
Please send it to me
HOTemple:
Did you get your letter of introduction? And how long after the passport request did you get it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 8:32pm On Dec 19, 2018
HOTemple:
Thanks, How long after you submitted your passport did this occur?

Please I am begging for the 4th time, somebody should please help me out wit an SOP.
Chukwuemekaegereonu@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by HOTemple: 8:37pm On Dec 19, 2018
Sorry I did not submit an SOP with my application.
Chukwuemekatehi:

Please I am begging for the 4th time, somebody should please help me out wit an SOP.
Chukwuemekaegereonu@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omoarukheo(f): 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2018
HOTemple:
Thanks, How long after you submitted your passport did this occur?

Two weeks sir/ma

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by pheoebe(f): 9:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
Omoarukheo:

Yes I did, and I think it worked cos my counterfoil number is already on my online portal, I can send you the mail I sent to them

This is good news. Kindly send me the mail please. So I can send this night. How long did it take them to reply your mail? Means there is hope you'll get your passport before your travel date.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omoarukheo(f): 9:42pm On Dec 19, 2018
pheoebe:

This is good news. Kindly send me the mail please. So I can send this night. How long did it take them to reply your mail? Means there is hope you'll get your passport before your travel date.

Hiii,
I'll send it to now! Lagos didn't reply but Nairobi replied immediately( don't forget to attach your ticket), I sincerely hope they send it on time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imoriafe: 11:41pm On Dec 19, 2018
November fresh applicants any news..?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dan90s: 12:52am On Dec 20, 2018
Coast2Coast:
Journey to Spousal work permit while waiting for my visit visa to accompany my son and spouse to Canada.

Thanks for insight.
Applied online on 9/12/2018
Upfront medicals passed on 17/12/2018
PPR on 18/12/2018
Dropping passport on 19/12/2018.
Documents submitted are:
Proof of relationship (many wedding pictures and landed properties documents bought together )
My companies documents with Tax clearance
School enrolment documents
I applied for a visit visa for my older son, it was rejected that we should apply for a study permit with medicals.
I intend to submit that tomorrow.
In between, I am a pharmacist and I have started the processes of my Canada Pharmacists registration. The documents were also attached.
Thank you all.

How it all began:
My wife was issued Study Permit in Nigeria on 30/10/2018 with my two years old son. I applied for a visit visa on 31/10/2018 To accompany them and give them all necessary support to settle down. We fixed our proposed journey for the 8/12/2018. The visit visa didn't come. I sent cse to London, Lagos will reply. Active review and active processes. When I discovered that it won't come, I accompany them all the same to Istanbul, they proceeded to Canada, I proceeded to New York. While in New York, I applied for SOWP because I already have an outstanding visit visa pending and might be refused for purpose of visit since they left Nigeria as planned. Before I left Nigeria, I sent an email to Canada Visa office in New York if I can apply for SOWP, They gave the go ahead and even sent the VAC office address in New York. I applied immediately. I printed form 1-94 they confirmed my status in the USA and attached it. I am dropping my Passport in the VAC office Moro. I think the Nigeria situations made visa issuance difficult. I have learnt a lot in this journey. To God be the glory. I am writing thing on a phone , Pls pardon any mistakes and lets all use our strategies to achieve our Canada dreams. My Canada dream started this year after the study permit.
Thanks to all the fora of Nairaland. I researched a lot.
I also researched from other international fora. Then I realised that as a Nigerian you can apply for Study permit from USA. But you will need to supply verifiable websites to verify your documents. Like CAC and FIRS website which I did. All the best guys. It's possible

Congrats chief! I sent you a pm. I have a friend that wants to apply for study permit from USA, I want clarification on some things. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Osemigho: 3:01am On Dec 20, 2018
speedyconnect3:
Lol. I Hope you are finding it useful.

Admission application season for Fall is rounding up and my guess is that you are just learning the process.

My simple advise, read page 0-100 of EE thread and start the process. It is very straightforward and You can do provincial nomination.

The student route is complex and your GPA is not smiling enough. If you want to go this route, you will have to read beyond my post and strategize for admission, funding (very doubtful due to your GPA) and student visa which can also be very complicated. It is even easier to study after getting your PR.

Go and make life easier for yourself with less reading and better chances.

Shalom!

How true is this

Osemigho
Yemdogg

Page 0-100 is too much for the EE. However, student visa application without a scholarship from a Canadian university is a gamble. Only God knows what Kenya people are reviewing these days. I kuku no blame them. Heard say na online be the new way? Current people, na true?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Osemigho: 3:06am On Dec 20, 2018
Guruindahouse:
Hi my people,

I have an EE profile but I want to apply for Bachelor programme in a field different from my majors. I just acquired my Msc degree. Is there anyone that know if my EE profile or higher degree that I earned can affect the CIC decision at the end?

Hello, Please don't bother to apply for a student visa. Enter with EE and you can study if you want to. Redo your IELTS if needed. If you listen, you will thank me later. If you don't, I wish you good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Osemigho: 3:12am On Dec 20, 2018
ollypapi:
Please who can help me with schools that can allow me do master in computer science with my degree in another discipline,pls list those schools for me.
And also without GRE and TOEFL.
What is the chance of obtaining visa with this?

Except you have a degree in IT or something related, rarely will you find schools that will offer you Msc Computer science admission, without a previous degree in Computer Science. The field is too technical to gamble. You can try IT related PGD. They are more lenient with admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Osemigho: 3:15am On Dec 20, 2018
042viber12:
I wana ask, my application is on Eligibility review...since 8th of Nov...applied on the 18th of July...I have differed my admission to sept 2019 cos my department don't have winter/spring sessions.. my question is, is it advisable to send d the new admission letter to cic or just wait till dy request for it... I ask cos I don't want if I submit it and dy see it sept2019, dy will delay my approval till middle next year... am just asking cos I feel now dy are attending to people who are resuming classes in January

If you have deferred your admission, notify CIC as soon as possible without pestering their life. It wont delay your approval.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Osemigho: 3:17am On Dec 20, 2018
Nuel182:
Hi,please I got two admissions from different schools and would like to know which would be better to use while applying for study permit(better chances), ill be 19 next year
One is a university(undergraduate program) and one is college(diploma).
Gurus please help!!
For your age, a Bachelor degree program is better for than college for a student visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Labims: 7:38am On Dec 20, 2018
Good morning gurus. Please someone wants to know how to answer the question"Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?" He actually has express entry profile but no ITA yet....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by annmmesoma: 7:44am On Dec 20, 2018
will canada visa office Lagos be open tomorrow 21st December?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sontelme: 9:01am On Dec 20, 2018
Hello Pimi,

please can you help with the mailing address of brandon university, i need it to send my transcript

i have requested it from admission office but yet to get a response

your urgent response will be highly appreciated

Pimi:

I applied for undergrad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 20, 2018
need a legit agent for Canada student visa,that will help me process my visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 20, 2018
chidoo4luv:
need a legit agent for Canada student visa,that will help me process my visa

Sorry but this place is wea people apply for Canada student visas on their own...and believe me, u can do it yourself.. just go through previous pages...u will be enlightened on how to go about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 20, 2018
Gurus!!!!
Pls how long does it take to get a response after receiving biometric validity correspondence. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Labims: 9:29am On Dec 20, 2018
Good morning gurus. Please someone wants to know how to answer the question"Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?" He actually has express entry profile but no IT
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 20, 2018
042viber12:

Sorry but this place is wea people apply for Canada student visas on their own...and believe me, u can do it yourself.. just go through previous pages...u will be enlightened on how to go about it
which thread please.put me through please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 20, 2018
is it a must to write elites exam or can you wave those exams off?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 10:00am On Dec 20, 2018
Goldenegg:

First refusal: family ties and purpose of travel

Second refusal: purpose of travel

Third Application: included statement of purpose which I didn't include in the first and second applications.

Documents submitted:

Employment letter
Payslips
Bank statement

Receipt of school fees deposit $2300

Deferred letter of admission
Marriage certificate
Upfront Medical
Police character certificate

Statement of purpose

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Guruindahouse(m): 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2018
I have been on this EE process since April but I was disappointed when I had IELTS result of L7.5R8.0W7.0S8.0. I called for remark but I was told they don't remark listening result. I needed on 8777. Thanks for your candid advice. I just thought going as a student might not be a best option but better than staying in Naija.
Osemigho:

Hello, Please don't bother to apply for a student visa. Enter with EE and you can study if you want to. Redo your IELTS if needed. If you listen, you will thank me later. If you don't, I wish you good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 12:36pm On Dec 20, 2018
sontelme:
Hello Pimi,

please can you help with the mailing address of brandon university, i need it to send my transcript

i have requested it from admission office but yet to get a response

your urgent response will be highly appreciated

E-Mail Addresses

Admissions: admissions@brandonu.ca
Contact Admissions if you want to apply to Brandon University, or if you’re looking for information on applying.

Financial and Registration Services: finreg@brandonu.ca
Contact Financial & Registration Services to procure a transcript or for information about course fees or registration.

Web Coordinator: webmaster@brandonu.ca
Comments regarding the BU web site may be directed to Patrick Johanneson.

Communications Officer: communications@brandonu.ca or call (204) 727-9762
For media inquiries or for more information on Brandon University, please contact the Communications Officer.

I guess in your case it should be the first mail (transcript)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Snillous(m): 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2018
My application clock 5 months tomorrow and still on process. Visiting package. I pray for success at the end

Submitted 17/10/2018
Denied 04/12/2018
Reason for denial: I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Documents submitted
1. CIC document
•Documents check list
•Study permit application form
•Family information form
•Study permit questionnaire

2. Academic documents
•Bachelor degree certificate
•University transcript
•Reference letter from university
• Nysc discharge certificate
•Career and fair exbition certificate
•Community development certificate
• Weac certificate
•Secondary school leaving testimonial
•Secondary school transcript

3. Personal documents
•International passport
•Passport photograph (2)
•Birth certificate (affidavit)
•Application letter
•Police report
•Statement of account
•CV
•Employment letter
•Reference letter from place of employment

4. School documents
•Confederation college letter of admission
•Tuition fee payment receipt

5. Sponsors documents
•Letter of introduction stating our relationship
• Affidavit of sponsorship
•CAC business certificate
•Bank statement of 28m
•fixed deposit of 5million
•letter from bank stating my sponsor is capable

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Shekbed10(f): 12:40pm On Dec 20, 2018
Please I need someone that can help me review my statement of academic intent!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2018
Wow. Congratulations.
I am still waiting for my own miracle

July 30th... Biometrics August 1st.
I key into your approval.
Congrats again.

[1quote author=Famzyactivity post=73965828]My application has been approved ! July 24 Online route .this is my third application[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2018
My gcms notes came out yesterday...seems these guys are not doing anything in particular that is delaying the decision. Only activities I see are the emails and webforms I sent them. My application is 26weeks now. January is resumption, finna withdraw this application and reapply, what do y'all think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 3:52pm On Dec 20, 2018
They are just some backlogs, some applications were sent for secondary review.. your gcms will say something .. trust me.. it take certain level of understanding to know what is writer .. you can PM

Kendrick213:
My gcms notes came out yesterday...seems these guys are not doing anything in particular that is delaying the decision. Only activities I see are the emails and webforms I sent them. My application is 26weeks now. January is resumption, finna withdraw this application and reapply, what do y'all think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kunle2344: 4:25pm On Dec 20, 2018
How do I apply for Brandon university? I want to go for an undergraduate program. Just need guidelines on how to apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josh1996: 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2018
Good evening guys, my sponsor didn't give me her international passport data page or any form of identity. Only bank statement. Please what do i do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.