Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,648 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866113 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by iykedpetes(m): 10:04am On Dec 23, 2018
ify85:
Good evening guys,

I just got approval and PPR. I applied on 30th June, medical request Nov 30. Medical done on 10th Dec and passed on 16th Dec. Please I want to courier my passport to Lagos Vfs. Please how do I contact them on phone . Thank you
congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vickspider(f): 10:17am On Dec 23, 2018
Omoarukheo:

Hii, I got that the same day too. Literally dropped immediately I got the passport

Hello dear,

Can I have the email you sent to them?that would be so kind of you.my brother got his application approved a Week after medicals was updated.Passport submitted on the 19th.We have booked ticket already for 31st but worried it won’t come out in time as the cost of flights are over the rooftops after the 1st of Jan. Abeg help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OFFICIALAEL: 12:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hello House,

I need assistance with getting a room in Lethbridge Canada. I'll be resuming my programme in some weeks at Lethbridge college. Though I registered on Kijiji, it hasn't been fruitful.

Also any tips in getting an affordable mobile data and laptop cause I hear they market high end products, get you to buy it only to end up regretting.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olupentane(m): 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hello everyone, please I need urgent advise about sending my official transcript to memorial university of Newfoundland.

I have two transcripts, one from my OND and the other from my BSc. I am trying to cut the cost of courier service by including the two transcripts from different institutions inside the same envelop. Will this be acceptable by the receiving institution (MUN)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josh1996: 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
What is the best advised route to follow at the moment. Paper or online route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omoarukheo(f): 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2018
vickspider:

Hello dear,

Can I have the email you sent to them?that would be so kind of you.my brother got his application approved a Week after medicals was updated.Passport submitted on the 19th.We have booked ticket already for 31st but worried it won’t come out in time as the cost of flights are over the rooftops after the 1st of Jan. Abeg help

Hi I'll send a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kelpreneur(m): 4:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
Happy Sunday friends... Please I need your advice.. I have had bsc in Social work and I intend going for another bsc in economics, I have been given Admisson already. Please I would like to know if I need to state in my SOP that I have had bsc previously or don't need to state it there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deb02: 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ologunsunny:
Is it possible to study pgd and also work to sponsor myself in Canada, even if it is with the cheapest school?
What school are you applying to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kelpreneur(m): 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2018
Happy Sunday friends... Please I need your advice.. I have had bsc in Social work and I intend going for another bsc in economics, I have been given Admisson already. Please I would like to know if I need to state in my SOP that I have had bsc previously or don't need to state it there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by princekins(m): 6:52pm On Dec 23, 2018
You are suppose to send it to them through the school, that is the only way for it to be stated 'official' I suggest you send just the Bsc or you can take the OND to the school for them to attach it and send all once. Login to your MUN platform you will see the docs required of you. Send all through the school.

olupentane:
Hello everyone, please I need urgent advise about sending my official transcript to memorial university of Newfoundland.

I have two transcripts, one from my OND and the other from my BSc. I am trying to cut the cost of courier service by including the two transcripts from different institutions inside the same envelop. Will this be acceptable by the receiving institution (MUN)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olupentane(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
princekins:
You are suppose to send it to them through the school, that is the only way for it to be stated 'official' I suggest you send just the Bsc or you can take the OND to the school for them to attach it and send all once. Login to your MUN platform you will see the docs required of you. Send all through the school.

Thank you for your response. my MUN portal shows that I need to send two transcripts college 1&2. my plan is to take the OND transcript to my University to have it sent together with my BSc transcript using the school authorized courier service. I just want to be sure it won't be viewed negatively on my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olupentane(m): 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
princekins:

Thank you for your response. My application portal shows that I need to send two transcripts college 1&2. my plan is to take my OND transcript to my university and have it sent together with my BSc transcript using the school authorized courier service.
I just want to be sure it won't be viewed negatively on my application.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Concate(f): 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
Goldenegg:

First refusal: family ties and purpose of travel

Second refusal: purpose of travel

Third Application: included statement of purpose which I didn't include in the first and second applications.

Documents submitted:

Employment letter
Payslips
Bank statement

Receipt of school fees deposit $2300

Deferred letter of admission
Marriage certificate
Upfront Medical
Police character certificate

Statement of purpose

Congratulations.

Please which school is this? I need a school with very low initial tuition deposit for my sister.

Kindly assist, thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Justobserving1: 9:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
Opening the transcript makes it invalid.so I will advise that you send it separately
olupentane:

Thank you for your response. My application portal shows that I need to send two transcripts college 1&2. my plan is to take my OND transcript to my university and have it sent together with my BSc transcript using the school authorized courier service.
I just want to be sure it won't be viewed negatively on my application.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by matic12: 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2018
Accommodation!!!

If you are coming to University of Manitoba, there is a nice apartment very close to the university.. All utilities included...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tsmith1(m): 10:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
Good evening, everyone.

I just applied to MUN and USASk for graduate studies. My question is, how do I track my applications as both are no longer displaying on my portal, and I'd love to have an idea of how long it takes both schools to give a response?

Thank you'll.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tsmith1(m): 10:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
Justobserving1:
Opening the transcript makes it invalid.so I will advise that you send it separately

You should be able to send it together. What makes the transcript unacceptable is if its been tampered with by opening of the envelope. Hence, you can have both envelopes in a bigger one, then send.

First, you can write the school and tell them about your intention (how you'd want your OND transcript sent to your latter school so that both transcripts can be sent to them for easy tracking, and to save you cost and time. Or, you can just talk to the courier service provider you intend using...they'd surely help you out around it as all documents are taken to Lagos first before being dispatched to their destination, so they can help you merge both and dispatch together.

In my own case, the courier service provider (UPS) collated my transcripts at my two schools and dispatched to MUN. Also, I wrote the school as regards the issue of late release of one of my transcripts, and I was permitted to send a scanned copy till the official copies arrive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tsmith1(m): 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
princekins:

Are you sure about this?

I suppose what makes a transcript official (or any other document) is the fact that it's directed to the school (the transcript would carry the name of the school to which it's being sent to in the transcript and the envelope) and a signature/stamp authenticating it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 11:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
Justobserving1:
tsmith1:

You should be able to send it together. What makes the transcript unacceptable is if its been tampered with by opening of the envelope. Hence, you can have both envelopes in a bigger one, then send.

First, you can write the school and tell them about your intention (how you'd want your OND transcript sent to your latter school so that both transcripts can be sent to them for easy tracking, and to save you cost and time. Or, you can just talk to the courier service provider you intend using...they'd surely help you out around it as all documents are taken to Lagos first before being dispatched to their destination, so they can help you merge both and dispatch together.

In my own case, the courier service provider (UPS) collated my transcripts at my two schools and dispatched to MUN. Also, I wrote the school as regards the issue of late release of one of my transcripts, and I was permitted to send a scanned copy till the official copies arrive.

shocked shocked shocked
So what would you say about those that have been submitting an academic transcript in their visa application and got approved
:
??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Saintbusco1(m): 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
my question about this transcript is that... which is the best means of sending the transcript

your Bsc Nigeria school?
courier company?
or uniassit?... please enlighten me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vickspider(f): 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
Kindly resend for some reason am unable to access it.

Omoarukheo:

Hi I'll send a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vickspider(f): 11:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
Omoarukheo:

Hi I'll send a pm

Kindly send to me directly on vickspider@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Unchee: 1:08am On Dec 24, 2018
Hello,
Just booked my flight from Abuja to Calgary. will be leaving on 11th January. Just Wanted to find out if it's compulsory to get a Police report as I didn't submit it during my application and application was approved. Infact I have already collected my passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 1:51am On Dec 24, 2018
Chukwuemekatehi:

What program are you doing at Number? Am apply for PGMD

Project management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 2:00am On Dec 24, 2018
Unchee:
Hello,
Just booked my flight from Abuja to Calgary. will be leaving on 11th January. Just Wanted to find out if it's compulsory to get a Police report as I didn't submit it during my application and application was approved. Infact I have already collected my passport

It's not necessary
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Unchee: 2:22am On Dec 24, 2018
I hope this will encourage someone:

22nd Sept - Submitted online application
3rd October - Invited for medical
15th October - Did medical at IOM Abuja
21st October - Medical Passed
Waited to 6 weeks. One of the longest waiting time of my life
29th November - Biometric correspondence letter
30th November - Original Passport request
3rd December - Submitted passport at VFS Abuja
18th December - Correspondence letter
19th December - Passport ready for collection

Document Submitted
Apart from the normal compulsory document, i also submitted:
- Proof of financial support: 9.2m, self sponsor, 4 months
- My pension scheme financial contribution for 6 months
- Letter of Introduction from the company i work with stating that i work with them and have worked for certain number of years. The letter didn't state that i was going to school.
- Statement of purpose: I hadn't joined nairaland before i submitted my application. So, my SOP was purely from my own thoughts. It was a 1 and half page SOP. I just stated why i wanted to study in canada and why i wanted to study Electrical and Computer engineering. Last year, I was denied visa because of insufficient fund. This year, i applied to another school with a lower tuition fees. I also stated it in my SOP why i was moving from school A to school B and why i believe that i could get better quality of education in school B. Seriously, I don't believe in exchanging SOP's from one person to another. Before you know it, we are all writing similar thing and grammar to VO's. Remember plagiarism is not tolerated over there. Just sit down and get your unique SOP. Give me the guidline and let me develop it myself. Well, this is purely my idea. i stand to be corrected
- Landed Property: Well, i bought one of those village lands in Abuja without CofO. I just attached the letter of agreement from the village chief.

Document not submitted
- Police report
- Tuition fee receipt. I haven't paid tuition fees yet

Finally, Pray, pray and pray. Then, crown it with thanksgiving. We can't thank Him enough but we can thank Him some more. For me, this is the most important thing.

I hope this helps.

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Concate(f): 5:29am On Dec 24, 2018
Unchee:

Document Submitted
- Letter of Introduction from the company i work with stating that i work with them and have worked for certain number of years. The letter didn't state that i was going to school.
- Statement of purpose: I hadn't joined nairaland before i submitted my application. So, my SOP was purely from my own thoughts. It was a 1 and half page SOP. I just stated why i wanted to study in canada and why i wanted to study Electrical and Computer engineering. Last year, I was denied visa because of insufficient fund. This year, i applied to another school with a lower tuition fees. I also stated it in my SOP why i was moving from school A to school B and why i believe that i could get better quality of education in school B. Seriously, I don't believe in exchanging SOP's from one person to another. Before you know it, we are all writing similar thing and grammar to VO's. Remember plagiarism is not tolerated over there. Just sit down and get your unique SOP. Give me the guidline and let me develop it myself. Well, this is purely my idea. i stand to be corrected
- Landed Property: Well, i bought one of those village lands in Abuja without CofO. I just attached the letter of agreement from the village chief.

Document not submitted
- Police report

Finally, Pray, pray and pray. Then, crown it with thanksgiving. We can't thank Him enough but we can thank Him some more. For me, this is the most important thing.

I hope this helps.

Congratulations.

Pls which school and what course. Will truly appreciate your response.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 5:36am On Dec 24, 2018
Unchee:

Document Submitted

Document not submitted
- Police report

I hope this helps.

Please which school did you apply. Please let me know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tsmith1(m): 5:52am On Dec 24, 2018
Yea, UI.

I'd message you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 7:04am On Dec 24, 2018
Good morning all.. I want to pay a portion of my school fees... So I want to know ... Bank transfer or Webster union.. Which one is more suitable??

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60