Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866699 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Christycode: 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
Bracha:

Hi, I don't know what you mean by 'putting you through', so I can't really help with that as i'm relatively new to the application process myself but I can help with the ones I know.
About your mum's properties, if it's possible for them to be valued, get their official monetary values. Also get documents for the properties, ones that show them in your mother's name. Scan them and use for the application. Use them under financial support documents.

Can I apply from Ghana? I live in Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by YOUNGJOHN05: 1:06pm On Jan 01, 2019
Emmyirab:

We have a similar profile.
I can help with the SOP.
Please I'm also interested with the SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imoriafe: 1:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy new year my people... This year shall mark the beginning of great testimonies that shall come quickly without delays in Jesus name....

Pls how can I get the application forms .. I'm trying to apply online and it's telling me I need to get adobe reader DC.. I have downloaded the software but still no headway... Pls someone assist me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pimi: 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2019
imoriafe:
Happy new year my people... This year shall mark the beginning of great testimonies that shall come quickly without delays in Jesus name....

Pls how can I get the application forms .. I'm trying to apply online and it's telling me I need to get adobe reader DC.. I have downloaded the software but still no headway... Pls someone assist me. Thanks

Make sure you are using the latest version of adobe on a computer. You can then download the forms on your phone and send it to the computer you are using. It should open then. (That's how I did mine)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 2:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
Hello House, Has anybody here gotten refused after over 6 months of applying? I have mostly been seeing peeps of over 5 months getting approvals. I just wanna know the comparison of either approval or refusal of such long awaited applications. Or should I just assume the longer your application, the most likely you get approved?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Prudento: 4:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Hey Guys, anyone coming/who has come to University of Saskatchewan this Winter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New Year House. All the best for the new year.

Please is there anyone applying to or in Concordia University or living in Montreal? I'd like a chat please. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 6:08pm On Jan 01, 2019
Christycode:

Can I apply from Ghana? I live in Nigeria

You can, but I think the condition is you must have resided there for a certain number of years, and have certain documents pertaining to that residency. But seeing as you're currently resident in Nigeria, you cannot apply from there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SugaRush(f): 9:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New Year Everyone.

Can anyone please confirm if you need to pay your entire school fees before applying for study permit? Can someone just pay acceptance fee or not pay anything at all before applying for study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 9:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
Many peeps that didn't pay kobo got their study permit and some paid and also got. So its not compulsory you pay school fees at all cos its does not mean they will grant u the visa. Peeps here have paid full school fees and still got refused only for them to start having serious headache getting their school fees back. So the choice is urs... Peace
SugaRush:
Happy New Year Everyone.

Can anyone please confirm if you need to pay your entire school fees before applying for study permit? Can someone just pay acceptance fee or not pay anything at all before applying for study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mikkycoins(m): 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2019
Please my sponsor is just a family friend not related in any way.
Can it fly?
He resides in Canada and can foot the bills. I don't want to start what I can't finish.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by PstTobi: 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
I studied applied geophysics, I graduated with 2.54gpa, please i don't know the school where i can do a Pgd program related to my Field
2, my sponsor is a connection working at in Total how can I go about that.
3, Is the SOP needed for both admission and visa processing. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yemupz(m): 10:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
I also noticed that first time I sent message to London and Lagos CIC in mid November the reply easy from the London CIC but the email signature had the Lagos CIC address. I was shocked and surprised!
August 03 applicant!

alftdbts:

Well I guess some of our files might have been transferred to Lagos! First time I sent message to London CIC in Sept during fall resumption they replied that they re working on it. My last email was replied by Lagos CIC.... July 14th applicant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yemupz(m): 10:26pm On Jan 01, 2019
Yes, I sent email to both addresses and received reply from the London CIC email address same day

Lagos2canna:

you sent the mail to both mails
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by rachaelD(f): 1:40am On Jan 02, 2019
Pimi:

Make sure you are using the latest version of adobe on a computer. You can then download the forms on your phone and send it to the computer you are using. It should open then. (That's how I did mine)
[color=#006600][/color]
You need to right click or look for the download icon on the blank page
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by rachaelD(f): 1:42am On Jan 02, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
makano:
Many peeps that didn't pay kobo got their study permit and some paid and also got. So its not compulsory you pay school fees at all cos its does not mean they will grant u the visa. Peeps here have paid full school fees and still got refused only for them to start having serious headache getting their school fees back. So the choice is urs... Peace

Didn’t pay, got it still
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheCongo2: 5:19am On Jan 02, 2019
Student Landing Gist

Happy new year everyone.

Today January 1st 2019, I received a call from @Naijaforeigner who told me a nairalander would be landing at the London International Airport at noon. The guest was arriving from Lagos via Toronto and was coming to Canada to do his master at Western University. @Naijaforeigner asked me if we could go to pick him at the London International Airport. After checking with "mrs TheCongo2", there was no objection. However, mrs asked me that I should give the kids their baths before going out of the house grin . And this was done promptly.

I left my house to pick up @Naijaforeigner and then we were on the way to the Airport.
London International Airport is small with only one terminal. The flight from Toronto to London can take about 30 minutes whereas the road would take 2 hours. It was 10 minutes past noon when we arrived at the aiport and our guest was already there. His flight had landed at noon. He didn't have to go through the immigration process in London given that he had done that in Toronto.
Given that he was coming to Canada on student visa, he was given the work permit at the immigration in Toronto. Foreign students are authorized to work ON and OFF campus in Canada while enrolled in school.

Our guest didn't have the time to wait for his SIN number application to be processed in Toronto because he had to catch his connecting flight to London. So, he decided that he will apply for his SIN card in London. Given that January 1st is a holiday, all businesses were closed. Therefore, we couldn't assist our guest with the process of applying for his SIN number nor open his bank account nor getting a cellphone. He would wait for the next business day.

Our guest intention was to stay at the hotel for 3 days before getting an appartment. However, before our guest arrived, @Naijaforeigner had already called around some landlords in the vicinity of Western University. Naijaforeigner knows the challenge of getting accommodation in London given that he himself had arrived in Canada 3 weeks ago on student visa. Therefore, he wanted to use his experience to help new comers.

After we left the aiport with our guest, we went straight to visit the first house and we were welcome by the landlord. This man was very friendly and welcoming. The house had 5 bedroooms and 2 of the rooms were unocupied. All the other tenants are student from Western University.This place was also within a walking distance from Western University. One of the rooms was shown to our guest. It was furnished. The landlord told our guest that he could move in right away by only paying the first month rent. There was no need for a lease nor a downplayment. And he could move out anytime he wanted. I personnaly like the place but our guest didn't seem too enthusistic about taking it. Our guest wanted to visit the other places before making his final decision. We told the landlord that we will get back to him and left the place.

We drove off to visit the next house in a new and very nice neighborhood. We were welcome by the friendliest elderly couple. This couple was white. In fact all the landlord we saw today and the tenants were white. The elderly couple live alone in a 2 level house. When we walked into the house, the couple ushered us to the lower lever of the house which was the basement. They were renting their basement which was furnished. The basement had a bedroom, a bathroom, a living room set but no kitchen. We all loved this place. But, there was a downside. No cooking. If our guest had to take that place, he wasn't going to be cooking in the house. At this our guest turned off this place given that it would be too expensive to start buying food from restaurants every day.
On our way out from the house, I noticed 2 books by John Grisham on a table. I screemed "Who is reading John Grisham".
The wife pointing the finger to the husband "He is the one reading them".
I told them how John Grisham is my favor author. Then the husband gave me a book by a different author and told me "Take this one and read it, I am sure you will like him as well".
Wow ... I marvelled ... I got a free book from this couple.

We drove off again to view another place. This new place was a 4 bedrooms house. The landlord was expecting our visit and he was on site. All the tenants were also students at Western University. After viewing this new place, our guest was satisfied that this was the place he was going to take. The landlord told him that he can move in right away if he wanted to. However, our guest explained to the landlord that he was going to stay at the hotel at least for one day and would move in the next day. He provided his email address to the landlord so that the landlord can send him the lease to sign.

Then, we drove off to the hotel. The hotel name was "Guest House on the Mount". Our guest paid for his stay with his nigerian credit card. He was assigned a room. It was almost 3 pm when we got into our guest's room, almost 3 hours after he had landed in London. We seated down and started to chat. Our guest said that he didn't like London from what he had seen so far. He was disappointed with London.
Suddenly, I received a call from "mrs TheCongo2" with the majestic "Where are you?"
I told her that we had just got to the hotel and I was ready to be heading back home.

By this time, our guest remembered that he hadn't eaten. He was hungry. @Naijaforeigner was invited to a nigerian party. So he decided to take our guest with him so that he can eat nigerian food. To get to the party, we had to drive from the Northern part of the City of London to the Southern part by passing through downtown London. OMG... our guest's mind about London changed as we were driving through the city. He found that London Ontario was extremely beautiful and he loved it. He felt like he will enjoy his stay in London, Ontario.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheCongo2: 5:20am On Jan 02, 2019
Driving through Western University

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheCongo2: 5:39am On Jan 02, 2019
Driving through downtown London

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheCongo2: 5:42am On Jan 02, 2019
At the hotel

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cherryola: 5:43am On Jan 02, 2019
@Rachael how's your sponsor to you
rachaelD:
Hello house, application approved.

Applied July8 for September 2018
Biometrics was done a week after
Submitted about 5m in my brothers account and evidence of fixed deposit 10m
License to practice
Statement of purpose
Letter of attestation from sponsor
Letter of introduction from work and bank
Payslip for sponsor and mine.
My statement of account didn’t fit the size so I didn’t submit.
No update on the account even my biometrics and upfront medical.
Just generic responses.
Later added my transcript, certificate via cse form

22/11/18 -I was asked to submit passport
Submitted on Thursday, counterfoiled Friday, letter of correspondence on Saturday.

Picked up today.

It is only God that made it possible, I didn’t even pray so much but I always left it in his care whenever I could as I felt defeated. If you don’t believe in God, I don’t know what to tell you because I’m sure he’s the one that came through for me. I even submitted all my additional documents in financial support side instead of with SOP and I still forgot to submit some.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tsmith1(m): 5:57am On Jan 02, 2019
TheCongo2:
Student Landing Gist

Happy new year everyone.

Today January 1st 2019, I received a call from @Naijaforeigner who told me a nairalander would be landing at the London International Airport at noon. The guest was arriving from Lagos via Toronto and was coming to Canada to do his master at Western University. @Naijaforeigner asked me if we could go to pick him at the London International Airport. After checking with "mrs TheCongo2", there was no objection. However, mrs asked me that I should give the kids their baths before going out of the house grin . And this was done promptly.

I left my house to pick up @Naijaforeigner and then we were on the way to the Airport.
London International Airport is small with only one terminal. The flight from Toronto to London can take about 30 minutes whereas the road would take 2 hours. It was 10 minutes past noon when we arrived at the aiport and our guest was already there. His flight had landed at noon. He didn't have to go through the immigration process in London given that he had done that in Toronto.
Given that he was coming to Canada on student visa, he was given the work permit at the immigration in Toronto. Foreign students are authorized to work ON and OFF campus in Canada while enrolled in school.

Our guest didn't have the time to wait for his SIN number application to be processed in Toronto because he had to catch his connecting flight to London. So, he decided that he will apply for his SIN card in London. Given that January 1st is a holiday, all businesses were closed. Therefore, we couldn't assist our guest with the process of applying for his SIN number nor open his bank account nor getting a cellphone. He would wait for the next business day.

Our guest intention was to stay at the hotel for 3 days before getting an appartment. However, before our guest arrived, @Naijaforeigner had already called around some landlords in the vicinity of Western University. Naijaforeigner knows the challenge of getting accommodation in London given that he himself had arrived in Canada 3 weeks ago on student visa. Therefore, he wanted to use his experience to help new comers.

After we left the aiport with our guest, we went straight to visit the first house and we were welcome by the landlord. This man was very friendly and welcoming. The house had 5 bedroooms and 2 of the rooms were unocupied. All the other tenants are student from Western University.This place was also within a walking distance from Western University. One of the rooms was shown to our guest. It was furnished. The landlord told our guest that he could move in right away by only paying the first month rent. There was no need for a lease nor a downplayment. And he could move out anytime he wanted. I personnaly like the place but our guest didn't seem too enthusistic about taking it. Our guest wanted to visit the other places before making his final decision. We told the landlord that we will get back to him and left the place.

We drove off to visit the next house in a new and very nice neighborhood. We were welcome by the friendliest elderly couple. This couple was white. In fact all the landlord we saw today and the tenants were white. The elderly couple live alone in a 2 level house. When we walked into the house, the couple ushered us to the lower lever of the house which was the basement. They were renting their basement which was furnished. The basement had a bedroom, a bathroom, a living room set but no kitchen. We all loved this place. But, there was a downside. No cooking. If our guest had to take that place, he wasn't going to be cooking in the house. At this our guest turned off this place given that it would be too expensive to start buying food from restaurants every day.
On our way out from the house, I noticed 2 books by John Grisham on a table. I screemed "Who is reading John Grisham".
I told them how John Grisham is my favor author. Then the husband gave me a book by a different author and told me "Take this one and read it, I am sure you will like him as well".

We drove off again to view another place. This new place was a 4 bedrooms house. The landlord was expecting our visit and he was on site. All the tenants were also students at Western University. After viewing this new place, our guest was satisfied that this was the place he was going to take. The landlord told him that he can move in right away if he wanted to. However, our guest explained to the landlord that he was going to stay at the hotel at least for one day and would move in the next day. He provided his email address to the landlord so that the landlord can send him the lease to sign.

Then, we drove off to the hotel. The hotel name was "Guest House on the Mount". Our guest paid for his stay with his nigerian credit card. He was assigned a room. It was almost 3 pm when we got into our guest's room, almost 3 hours after he had landed in London. We seated down and started to chat. Our guest said that he didn't like London from what he had seen so far. He was disappointed with London.
Suddenly, I received a call from "mrs TheCongo2" with the majestic "Where are you?"
I told her that we had just got to the hotel and I was ready to be heading back home.

By this time, our guest remembered that he hadn't eaten. He was hungry. @Naijaforeigner was invited to a nigerian party. So he decided to take our guest with him so that he can eat nigerian food. To get to the party, we had to drive from the Northern part of the City of London to the Southern part by passing through downtown London. OMG... our guest's mind about London changed as we were driving through the city. He found that London Ontario was extremely beautiful and he loved it. He felt like he will enjoy his stay in London, Ontario.

This is wonderful. well done guys!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kpizzle: 6:42am On Jan 02, 2019
I woke up today to read this beautiful story. U guys should please keep up the connection. One love.

[quote author=TheCongo2 post=74367465]Student Landing Gist

Happy new year everyone.

Today January 1st 2019, I received a call from @Naijaforeigner who told me a nairalander would be landing at the London International Airport at noon. The guest was arriving from Lagos via Toronto and was coming to Canada to do his master at Western University. @Naijaforeigner asked me if we could go to pick him at the London International Airport. After checking with "mrs TheCongo2", there was no objection. However, mrs asked me that I should give the kids their baths before going out of the house grin . And this was done prompt
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 6:51am On Jan 02, 2019
SugaRush:
Happy New Year Everyone.

A Nairalander we picked up at the airport yesterday (01/01/19) with moniker called lonelydude is coming in for his masters in western university london (top 10 school in Canada) and he paid nothing yet his visa was granted and we have also seen several of such cases.
Infact, his masters is a 1 year program and he got his visa.

However, let me state clearly that if your sponsor is not your family member and you don’t have any substantial amount of money in your own personal account, I will personally recommend the third party to make some commitment by paying part of your fees or send some of the money to your account (this is my opinion).

All the best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 7:29am On Jan 02, 2019
Let Me use this opportunity to challenge every nairalander most especially those ones already in Canada studying to please try and help people coming to their provinces or cities. Please come in here and see if there is anyone who just got visa and is coming to your city or school. Please let’s help each other, it is not easy for people just arriving. They will save so much money if we point them in the right direction.

Dont just get visa, arrive Canada and go off from this thread. Some of the mistakes we made when we first arrived as students, we can help others coming to Canada avoid it. It will save them lot of cash.

For example, lonelydude planned to stay in hotel for 3 days for about 250 dollars inorder to help him get accommodation. I contacted him and suggested he looks up accomdation on Kijiji and off campus accomdation of his school while in Nigeria, look out for apartments that were within his budget, get the phone numbers of the landlord/agent and forward them to me. I will call the landlords and help him fix viewing of those apartments for the day he would be arriving (01/01/19) in london so he can view all the rooms the same day he would arrive and then make a choice. That way, he will end up staying in hotel for just 1 night and move straight the next day to his new apartment.
To the glory of God he got his apartment same day he arrived London, ON. He viewed I think 4 apartments and made his choice.

I got to know lonelydude on this same Nairaland Just some days ago. We are students and we should help each other in any way to save cost and help each other adapt easily.

Today 02/01/19, we will go and open a bank account, get a SIM, show him shops he can get stuff and thereafter, he will be on his own grin
With a sim, data and bank card, he will be able to navigate around town easily. This makes life easy and saves lot of cash.

There are some things I have got to realize on getting here but when I have made my full research (confirmed and reconfirmed), I will come and share them here openly. God bless Nairalanders.

Apologies to anyone who sent me SOP and I could not help out, I have been extremely busy.

Special shout out to Thecongo2 once again for leaving his family on new years day and spending almost 4 hours of his time driving us around London. There is no way your children will not find Favour anywhere they go in Jesus name (amen).

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mikkycoins(m): 7:53am On Jan 02, 2019
mikkycoins:
Please my sponsor is just a family friend not related in any way.
Can it fly?
He resides in Canada and can foot the bills. I don't want to start what I can't finish.
Someone help o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 02, 2019
Naijaforeigner:
Let Me use this opportunity to challenge every nairalander most especially those ones already in Canada studying to please try and help people coming to their provinces or cities. Please come in here and see if there is anyone who just got visa and is coming to your city or school. Please let’s help each other, it is not easy for people just arriving. They will save so much money if we point them in the right direction.

Dont just get visa, arrive Canada and go off from this thread. Some of the mistakes we made when we first arrived as students, we can help others coming to Canada avoid it. It will save them lot of cash.

For example, lonelydude planned to stay in hotel for 3 days for about 250 dollars inorder to help him get accommodation. I contacted him and suggested he looks up accomdation on Kijiji and off campus accomdation of his school while in Nigeria, look out for apartments that were within his budget, get the phone numbers of the landlord/agent and forward them to me. I will call the landlords and help him fix viewing of those apartments for the day he would be arriving (01/01/19) in london so he can view all the rooms the same day he would arrive and then make a choice. That way, he will end up staying in hotel for just 1 night and move straight the next day to his new apartment.
To the glory of God he got his apartment same day he arrived London, ON. He viewed I think 4 apartments and made his choice.

I got to know lonelydude on this same Nairaland Just some days ago. We are students and we should help each other in any way to save cost and help each other adapt easily.

Today 02/01/19, we will go and open a bank account, get a SIM, show him shops he can get stuff and thereafter, he will be on his own grin
With a sim, data and bank card, he will be able to navigate around town easily. This makes life easy and saves lot of cash.

There are some things I have got to realize on getting here but when I have made my full research (confirmed and reconfirmed), I will come and share them here openly. God bless Nairalanders.

Apologies to anyone who sent me SOP and I could not help out, I have been extremely busy.

Special shout out to Thecongo2 once again for leaving his family on new years day and spending almost 4 hours of his time driving us around London. There is no way your children will not find Favour anywhere they go in Jesus name (amen).

Naijaforeigner thank you so much for your kind words. God bless you.

I will be applying to Concordia University, Montreal and I'd like to be abreast with the university and city prior to getting there.

Anyone in the uni or city, pls let's keep in touch. Pls Naijaforeigner, I'd appreciate if you could refer me to anyone. Thanks. All is surely well.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 8:46am On Jan 02, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

God bless you both...I agree with you. Even after getting visa most people still don't know what to pack,the things they would do at the airport amongst other things. God bless every nairalander that has gotten their visa and still comes back here to help and those who help others but haven't gotten their visa will get it soon by God's grace.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 8:48am On Jan 02, 2019
TheCongo2:
Student Landing Gist

Happy new year everyone.

E just be like say make I don dey there grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.