Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (868255 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 2:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
Determinedsoul:

Really? But I did upfront without printing out anything from the CIC page and I wasn't asked of it on the day of the test but was given a slip to submit to them after the test. So hope it's d same?

It's the same. When I did mine - 2 years ago - I printed the upfront medical letter from their website, I guess things have changed now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Claraben: 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2019
IrenePuttin2018:

I applied for master fall 2019 in Usask. Still waiting for their response.

I applied for a PhD in Nursing at the University of Saskatchewan this fall, still waiting for their response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by StacieG: 6:17pm On Jan 19, 2019
Ormohlawlah:

Lol,there was one application that took only four days

4 days? ��. If they can process an application in 4 days why do some applications take 25weeks?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JKilz: 6:59pm On Jan 19, 2019
Yes. Including Electrical Engineers. It’s a must know app, and it’s pretty basic at doing what you need it to do, you just have to memorize the codes.

042viber12:

Including electrical engineers?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JKilz: 6:59pm On Jan 19, 2019
Amen. You’re welcome.

Determinedsoul:
Thanks bro. I like this kind of post. It makes me to get equipped. God bless you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
StacieG:

4 days? ��. If they can process an application in 4 days why do some applications take 25weeks?
I don't think CIC sef can answer this question..lol
It just happened
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 8:35pm On Jan 19, 2019
johnsonsegxy:
I need enlightenment on something that's a bit confusing...

In the cause of doing their background check, do they go to any of your family either siblings or parent to verify what u claim to be?

Hahahaha... if CIC should start doing this, applications will take 1 year. Your birth certificate saves them the stress of doing that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by cashhip: 10:22pm On Jan 19, 2019
smoochii:
Hello house, i have been following this thread for a while now. I have some questions please : which are the cheap universities in canada and also the ones that accept payments in installments? Someone should kindly help with this information. Thank you so much
Hi, you can check the University of Regina and the University of Saskstchewan. They are both in Saskatchewan and accept payments per semester.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by johnsonsegxy: 10:53pm On Jan 19, 2019
Ormohlawlah:

I don't think CIC sef can answer this question..lol
It just happened

The one from the national population commission right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by pufframmy: 7:02am On Jan 20, 2019
how far about your application no update yet
LekwachiJJ:
Hello house, I am new here. Anyone with similar situation? Passport submitted for almost 2 months. [quqote author=LekwachiJJ post=72967881]Masters Study permit
Applied since 11 May
Biometrics since 23 May
Medical passed 28 August
ElIgibility passed 13 September
Original passport request 18 September
Updated bank statement requested and submitted 9 October
No response since!!! My passport kept for almost 2 months.
Meanwhile online status shows background check in process and conclusion: "Application approved, send us your passport to conclude processing"
Any one with passport held like this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by johnsonsegxy: 9:39am On Jan 20, 2019
Hi! Is 3 pages okay and not too much for SOP?

Total words is 1030
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by eazyrely(m): 1:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
IrenePuttin2018:

I applied for master fall 2019 in Usask. Still waiting for their response.
When did you apply, and did you contact any supervisor before applying?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2019
why would you write 3 pages of SOP? wetin happen? are you describing ur Nigeria too?

Oga, one page and half at most.

johnsonsegxy:

Total words is 1030

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
Who has applied for study permit this year,
How's the process going?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cherryola: 4:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
My dad signature on his CAC certificate is different from the one he's using now pls house hope I can't have issue with this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hello House, I have been following this thread for about two months. I just got my letter of admission from University of Regina, Health studies this month. It is an undergraduate degree. I am about to file my application for a student permit and I want to ask few questions.

1) I already have a degree in Medical Physiology, how does this play out when applying for a permit for second undergraduate in Health studies considering they have very similar syllabus?

2) My sponsor is an uncle (We don’t share same surname)of mine and has about 12-15m in his closing account, also I am adding the my dad’s numerous landed property documents and three cars to my application, also the CAC document of the school he owns, all these represents home ties, what’s my best bet on this?

3) And lastly, should I use online or paper route for my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
vibrant99:
why would you write 3 pages of SOP? wetin happen? are you describing ur Nigeria too?

Oga, one page and half at most.

Sorry to say, but your post is misleading. SOP can be a long or brief as you want it to be. Some people apply with SOP of as much as 12 pages and they got approval, others as low as 1 page while some didn't even submit SOP and still got their TRV.
SOP is mainly to explain what every you feel the VO should know about yourself and your app. Just make sure if you make it detailed and "interesting" to the VO and you are good. There are some 1 page SOP you read and you get tired of it after the first paragraph and there are some 10 pages SOP you read and you wish there are more pages.
Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 4:56pm On Jan 20, 2019
johnsonsegxy:

Total words is 1030
It is okay. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 4:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
Cherryola:
My dad signature on his CAC certificate is different from the one he's using now pls house hope I can't have issue with this
I don't think that will be an issue.
How far have you gone bro? Sorry I didn't reply your message, been really busy that's why. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
Alezie:
Hello House, I have been following this thread for about two months. I just got my letter of admission from University of Regina, Health studies this month. It is an undergraduate degree. I am about to file my application for a student permit and I want to ask few questions.

1) I already have a degree in Medical Physiology, how does this play out when applying for a permit for second undergraduate in Health studies considering they have very similar syllabus?

2) My sponsor is an uncle (We don’t share same surname)of mine and has about 12-15m in his closing account, also I am adding the my dad’s numerous landed property documents and three cars to my application, also the CAC document of the school he owns, all these represents home ties, what’s my best bet on this?

1. First, why are you going for another bachelor's degree when you can easily get MSc with your first degree? That will be the question from the VO. That said, it will be hard to convince the VO but not impossible. So make sure you have a very good story to tell as to why you intend to "switch" course or why you are not going for an upgrade to your first degree.
2. Your sponsor not having same surname with you won't be a problem as long as he can show commitment (by either paying your tuition fee or transfer the said fund into your personal account). I always advise people using third party sponsor (someone that is not parent or siblings) to make sure the sponsor pay their tuition fee or transfer the money into their personal account just to assure the VO that fund will be readily available when it's time.
3. Online and paper route won't decide if your app will be approved or not. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. If you have lots of document to submit, paper route is better as their is not restriction on the size of what to submit (online allows only 4MB of file size per category). Paper route is much more cheaper compare to online (online fee varies depending on the value of the $) while paper route is fixed(I think it is almost 20k difference).
With paper route you get to do your biometric same day you apply while with online route you will have to wait for CIC to send you invitation to go for it(this might take between days to some weeks).
One advantage of online route is that you don't get to stress yourself going up and down as long as you have a scanner (to scan all your document) , so you can do almost everything just sitting in the comfort of your house/office

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 5:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
@Mcobex good evening, can I please have your email address? i'll like to speak to you for further clarification, please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
AAO7:
@Mcobex good evening, can I please have your email address? i'll like to speak to you for further clarification, please.
Hi, sorry I don't give out my email for the time being cos of time. But feel free to ask whatever questions you have here and I will try my best to answer. Also, asking your questions here will allow more people to chip in their own idea on the matter, also other people with same questions will learn from it.
Hope you don't mind.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 5:52pm On Jan 20, 2019
mcobex:
Hi, sorry I don't give out my email for the time being cos of time. But feel free to ask whatever questions you have here and I will try my best to answer. Also, asking your questions here will allow more people to chip in their own idea on the matter, also other people with same questions will learn from it.
Hope you don't mind.

Oh! that's alright. I really just wanted you to take a look at a few things for me but I understand.
Thank you for responding though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 5:56pm On Jan 20, 2019
AAO7:

Oh! that's alright. I really just wanted you to take a look at a few things for me but I understand.
Thank you for responding though.
Okay, feel free to ask

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cherryola: 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2019
My brother am having financial issue that's y I haven't apply but my question is can I apply my employment with only,employment letter,introduction letter and pay slip but no bank statement for salary acct
mcobex:
I don't think that will be an issue.
How far have you gone bro? Sorry I didn't reply your message, been really busy that's why. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
Alezie:

Well, It's cool to submit whatever you feel that will make your application airtight even if it's 100 pages of SOP(just sayin).
I am just wondering and pondering why you decided to submit three cars to your application
Are these cars used to transport people, equipment or merchandise on a regular basis?
Are the cars branded as commercial vehicle?
Are the cars registered with the government as a business or commercial vehicle?
Does it have a direct link exists between the vehicle and the business operations?
IF NO then they are a personal expense, it shouldn't be added to your application. (mind you, if you feel it should be included go ahead and submit it).

There is no hard and fast rule but the general guidelines above are a good indication of when a car or vehicle can be included In your application.

For the rest...
@Mcobex have said it all, just stick with what he/she has said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
Cherryola:
My brother am having financial issue that's y I haven't apply but my question is can I apply my employment with only,employment letter,introduction letter and pay slip but no bank statement for salary acct
You mean applying without any statement of account? If your answer is yes, then it is not possible. You statement of account shows the VO you have enough resources to carter for yourself and pay your tuition (that's if you aren't using any sponsor). But if you are using a sponsor and he/she will be providing all the funds then you might scale through (but I also advise applicants that are working to also include their personal SOA).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cherryola: 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
I will be showing my sponsor statement of acct with balance of 20m am talking about my own statement cos am applying in Feb and I got nothing in my acct
mcobex:
You mean applying without any statement of account? If your answer is yes, then it is not possible. You statement of account shows the VO you have enough resources to carter for yourself and pay your tuition (that's if you aren't using any sponsor). But if you are using a sponsor and he/she will be providing all the funds then you might scale through (but I also advise applicants that are working to also include their personal SOA).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
Cherryola:

You don't ignore things like this or its better you don't even submit the CAC
if you want to submit make sure your dad do an affidavit to back his claim.

If you don't, it may raise suspicion then it leads to a ban.
As far as Canada visa is concerned, little things like YES OR NO answer usually lead to 5 years ban.
You may see yours as nothing but those guys no get joy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 7:07pm On Jan 20, 2019
Cherryola:
I will be showing my sponsor statement of acct with balance of 20m am talking about my own statement cos am applying in Feb and I got nothing in my acct
Since you are working I still feel you should include your personal SOA no matter how little the money in it(my opinion though)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
johnsonsegxy:

Total words is 1030

My candid advice to you is to arrange your SOP in sub-topic so that it won't bore the VO and it will be easy for the VO to go through whatever he/she is expecting to see real quick.
and whatever point you want to hit make it bold (if you want to).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cherryola: 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2019
But my dad is not my main sponsor
Austacus:

You don't ignore things like this or its better you don't even submit the CAC
if you want to submit make sure your dad do an affidavit to back his claim.

If you don't, it may raise suspicion then it leads to a ban.
As far as Canada visa is concerned, little things like YES OR NO answer usually lead to 5 years ban.
You may see yours as nothing but those guys no get joy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.