Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866545 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 9:56am On Jan 18, 2019
orbanbeauty:
Yes my study permit application was rejected, so i will like to order GCMS notes

Since a 3rd party link is prohibited by the moderator, send a DM, and i will guide you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 9:58am On Jan 18, 2019
lynniebabes:
Ok then. Should I get the admission first? Get a student visa? But then how will my husband come in?

As an accompanying dependent either applying for him on a VV or SOWP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Eyitayorme: 9:59am On Jan 18, 2019
Great thread...so much information.
I am presently serving and also applying to practical nursing(diploma) in Canada. I have a first degree in Microbiology(believe me, OAU forced it on me!) now I am trying to pursue my dreams by studying nursing.
On this page I have read that I may be rejected visa because I have an undergraduate degree and need to progress in my academics, it’s saddeni but I am willing to try, can I?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 18, 2019
Eyitayorme:
Great thread...so much information.
I am presently serving and also applying to practical nursing(diploma) in Canada. I have a first degree in Microbiology(believe me, OAU forced it on me!) now I am trying to pursue my dreams by studying nursing.
On this page I have read that I may be rejected visa because I have an undergraduate degree and need to progress in my academics, it’s saddeni but I am willing to try, can I?

I don't know where people get this infos from...look, no VO will reject u cos u have an undergraduate degree already....all u need to do is explain thoroughly, why u want to pursue nursing after studying microbiology...if u are able to sound convincing... no VO on earth will deny u...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Eyitayorme: 11:22am On Jan 18, 2019
042viber12:

This means a lot to mean, I am geared up. Thanks a lot.

I don't know where people get this infos from...look, no VO will reject u cos u have an undergraduate degree already....all u need to do is explain thoroughly, why u want to pursue nursing after studying microbiology...if u are able to sound convincing... no VO on earth will deny u...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by smoochii: 11:44am On Jan 18, 2019
Hello house, i have been following this thread for a while now. I have some questions please : which are the cheap universities in canada and also the ones that accept payments in installments? Someone should kindly help with this information. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 1:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
Please enlighten me on the importance of the gcms notes
Austacus:

You could check your junk mail or spam box
If you can find it there.... Submit a complaint through the following link
http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx

You can also contact them through the following email address
ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
you are missing the capital letter A
Africa@centennialcollege.ca
temi57:
africatoronto@centennialcollege.ca
Try this one

quote author=Ada3005 post=74761748]Good evening guys, Please if you applied to centennial college what e-mail did you send you scan documents to, mine keeps bouncing back sent it to africa@centennial college.ca... Help please. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2019
DMerciful:
Please enlighten me on the importance of the gcms notes

GCMS notes are very useful because these papers give a pretty clear explanation of how an officer looks at an applicant’s case, what is missing and what is required for successful processing. In case of the rejection, GCMS file would provide a clear picture of why this has happened and even how the situation could be rectified.
Very often, GCMS notes also help an applicant to see what additional documents should be provided in order to receive a positive decision even after several previous rejections.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 1:35pm On Jan 18, 2019
Pls kindly respond to the msg I just DM you and send me your number. I just got admission for May 2019 intake and I need guidance to apply for study permit
Austacus:

GCMS notes are very useful because these papers give a pretty clear explanation of how an officer looks at an applicant’s case, what is missing and what is required for successful processing. In case of the rejection, GCMS file would provide a clear picture of why this has happened and even how the situation could be rectified.
Very often, GCMS notes also help an applicant to see what additional documents should be provided in order to receive a positive decision even after several previous rejections.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Justobserving1: 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hi house does anyone have a response to this?
Justobserving1:
please this is urgent a while ago I saw someone say that he explained the relationship with his sponsor using a family tree format. I can’t remember the person but please if you are seeing this please send me a pm it is very urgent. Or if anyone has the format please send it to me. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2019
DMerciful:
Pls kindly respond to the msg I just DM you and send me your number. I just got admission for May 2019 intake and I need guidance to apply for study permit

Bro, honestly I can’t cause I am undergoing some kolomental whilst only may, June and July folks can relate. Plus am busy at work
My two cent, spring term is fast approaching, so make sure you submit your visa application before the second week of February.
Avoid loophole in your application, frequently ask question here if you ain’t sure of anything in your application and also research in the internet VERY IMPORTANT.

I wish you well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by smoochii: 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
Someone please help.
smoochii:
Hello house, i have been following this thread for a while now. I have some questions please : which are the cheap universities in canada and also the ones that accept payments in installments? Someone should kindly help with this information. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okonkwobestman1: 2:13pm On Jan 18, 2019
smoochii:
Someone please help.

Hello fam,
I think that if you've been following this thread, you would have seen where your question was taken care of. However, just exercise some patience for the gurus to attend to you.

No harm meant,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ok..thanks so far for your help. cheers
Austacus:

Bro, honestly I can’t cause I am undergoing some kolomental whilst only may, June and July folks can relate. Plus am busy at work
My two cent, spring term is fast approaching, so make sure you submit your visa application before the second week of February.
Avoid loophole in your application, frequently ask question here if you ain’t sure of anything in your application and also research in the internet VERY IMPORTANT.

I wish you well.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
Justobserving1:
Hi house does anyone have a response to this?
There's no format...just draw a family tree linking who is brother or sister or son or daughter of who or u can just Google this..in your SOP u explain who that sponsor is to u and relate it with wat u have on the family tree...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
Austacus:

Bro, honestly I can’t cause [b]I am undergoing some kolomental whilst only may, June and July folks can relate. [/b]Plus am busy at work

I wish you well.

Bro...no be only u o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2019
smoochii:

Google o...enter each schools website and see they payment plans....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mofpearl: 3:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kerry101: 3:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hello All,

Approval Alert.

Applied sometime in March 2018, myself and parents. Was rejected in May. I came across this forum after my application and after seeing the application documents been submitted by various applicants, it was safe to say although grudgingly that the rejection was deserved.
After going through the thread, I updated my SOP with personal goals and aspirations as opposed to being generic in my previous application.

He asked for additional documents to include with the previous submitted docs.
I submitted:
All IMM forms
Sponsor's SOA
Letter of Acceptance
Statement of Purpose
Offer Letter from my work place.
NYSC Certificate

He asked for:
Payslips
CAC Document
Sponsor's Letter
Visa from US
WAEC Certificate
Introduction Letter and Study Leave from my work place
PPA offer letter during Service.

Submitted June 5th
Biometrics June 12 and 13
Medical request November 15
Medicals done on the November 22
Passport request January 10
Dropped passport January 11
Picked up passport January 18.

I (We) prayed and believed God and God did it.
I deferred my admission to Fall 2019 so I have some time to keep on working, wait and prepare.
Also thanks to all those active members cos I'm a silent one that keep on sharing their knowledge of the process on this forum. God bless you all and all TRV hopefuls will not be disappointed cos God answers prayers.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
kerry101:
Hello All,

Approval Alert.

Applied sometime in March 2018, myself and parents. Was rejected in May. I came across this forum after my application and after seeing the application documents been submitted by various applicants, it was safe to say although grudgingly that the rejection was deserved.
After going through the thread, I updated my SOP with personal goals and aspirations as opposed to being generic in my previous application.

I submitted:
All IMM forms
Sponsor's SOA
Letter of Acceptance
Statement of Purpose
NYSC Certificate

He asked for:
Payslips
CAC Document
Sponsor's Letter
Visa from US
WAEC Certificate

Submitted June 5th

I deferred my admission to Fall 2019 so I have some time to keep on working, wait and prepare.
Also thanks to all those active members cos I'm a silent one that keep on sharing their knowledge of the process on this forum. God bless you all and all TRV hopefuls will not be disappointed cos God answers prayers.

Congratulations dear....am a july applicant and also waiting..also differed to Fall 2019...just sent the updated LOA yesterday...pray God does this miracle to me as HE has done for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Trizadove: 4:12pm On Jan 18, 2019
hello team
please i need some guidance
i applied for my masters with my maiden name, although, i got married 2017 but i have not changed my name. my documents all carry my maiden name.
yes, it was not a mistake that i applied with my maiden name. it was intentional.
i just want to know if this might cause a threat to my husband, in case i need to invite him
or if it will cause a threat whatsoever in my application
thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2019
Trizadove:
hello team
please i need some guidance
i applied for my masters with my maiden name, although, i got married 2017 but i have not changed my name. my documents all carry my maiden name.
yes, it was not a mistake that i applied with my maiden name. it was intentional.
i just want to know if this might cause a threat to my husband, in case i need to invite him
or if it will cause a threat whatsoever in my application
thank you

It won't cause a threat. All you've to do is to include a newspaper change of name and marriage certificate to show you both are legally married. Do you have kids?, you can also attach their birth certificates. Additionally, put up a brief explanation concerning the subject matter when drafting your SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by KlausMike(m): 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hello Everyone... i would appreciate a response about ordering the GCMS

My wife's sowp application was rejected with the reason being 'i am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay'.

Do i need her to get a consent form her to get the GCMS note sent to my location in Canada? or i can just fill in her information in the required fields and put my canadian address?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
KlausMike:
Hello Everyone... i would appreciate a response about ordering the GCMS

My wife's sowp application was rejected with the reason being 'i am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay'.

Do i need her to get a consent form her to get the GCMS note sent to my location in Canada? or i can just fill in her information in the required fields and put my canadian address?

She will have to sign the consent form in the appropriate space provided. With this, you can be granted permission to order the note on her behalf. Thus, you've to get your wife to sign the form and resend it back to you. Alternatively, you can attach a scanned/electronic copy of her signature in the required space.

Sorry about the refusal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Trizadove: 4:52pm On Jan 18, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

It won't cause a threat. All you've to do is to include a newspaper change of name and marriage certificate to show you both are legally married. Do you have kids?, you can also attach their birth certificates. Additionally, put up a brief explanation concerning the subject matter when drafting your SOP.

Thank you for this response
I have kids, but my new surname is what I have on the birth certificate
Will this be an issue?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josh1996: 4:53pm On Jan 18, 2019
Congratulations, God that has done yours will do ours...Amen!!!!

kerry101:
Hello All,

Approval Alert.

I submitted:
All IMM forms
Sponsor's SOA
Letter of Acceptance
Statement of Purpose
NYSC Certificate

He asked for:
Payslips
CAC Document
Sponsor's Letter
Visa from US
WAEC Certificate

Submitted June 5th

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
Justwise my honourable boss!. I hail you from my end. Thanks for your persistent attention and surveillance in enabling the functionality of this reputable thread.

Bravo to you and a Happy New Year to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
Trizadove:

Thank you for this response
I have kids, but my new surname is what I have on the birth certificate
Will this be an issue?

No, it's not an issue. As I rightly said before, attach a newspaper change of name in your application and marriage certificate. You should be fine with these documents and a brief explanation in your SOP will perform magic in addressing the change of name. I advice you based on the experience I have enjoyed in this process.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2019
Approval after 32 weeks(7months), this gives hope to all June’s and July’s cc Austin, Viber and Ralf.. Faith keeps Yanju going
Congrats bros and bless.. did you send your update LOA before PPr if yes please when
We will all rejoice

kerry101:
Hello All,

Approval Alert.

I submitted:
All IMM forms
Sponsor's SOA
Letter of Acceptance
Statement of Purpose
NYSC Certificate

He asked for:
Payslips
CAC Document
Sponsor's Letter
Visa from US
WAEC Certificate

Submitted June 5th

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Akpesman: 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
Naijaforeigner:

Should you re-apply? The decision is ultimately yours.

(1) (a) Introduce yourself and what the letter is about.
(b) Why did you choose to study xyz program? what informed that decision? don't just mention it, give an example of a situation that informed that choice. It could be your work experience or a course you took while studying in University.
(c) Benefit of the program to YOU and not just general benefits of the course. Most people make this mistake. You can choose 1 or 2 important modules from the program and explain its benefits to you.

for example,

"Also, two core courses of the xyz program that particularly made me determined to enrol on this program are the 123 and 456. I believe the course 123 would give me the relevant knowledge needed in managing businesses efficiently and ensure better management of resources. The second course, which is the 456, would further give me the necessary skills in ensuring the effective distribution of goods to meet clients. This is particularly important to me because my family business in Nigeria is planning on expanding its base to other locations".

(d) why did you choose the school? did someone recommend the school to you? graduates always get job easily on successful completion of the program? you had friends who recommended the school? WHY?. Don't just give general statements like wonderful facilities, go deeper.
(e) Why have you decided to study in Canada?

(f) are you aware of the responsibilities of an international student? write briefly about it and give examples where you have demonstrated this.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/get-documents.html#doc4

(g) What do you plan to do on the successful completion of your program? relate this to your future goals back in Nigeria.

(2) If you are applying outside Canada, make sure any program you choose is similar to what you did in univeristy or a program you have had good working experience. (You can always switch programs or study a completely different program when you get to Canada).

(3) Getting a new LOA or admisison is quite easy. speak to your school about it.

I pray you will come back here and testify how God did it for you eventually. You can try other countries as well.

Finally, Write the content of the letter YOURSELF but get someone to proof read for you. Make sure you get someone very good.

Pls guru in the house I need someone to review my LOE.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.