Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866821 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by johnsonsegxy: 3:07pm On Jan 29, 2019
Andrepete:

Thanks...... I had a sponsor... My dad, he had a savings account of 4m and a fixed deposit of 10 m, also I put in for global business practices (human resources management and international business management) , I studied international studies and I have work experience in the media Industry.... But for my second application now I have decided to change the course to something more media related..... And also by God's grace been able to establish a little business that can serve as home ties... Just hope everything goes well

It seems Canadian government doesn't really get moved by a fixed account.... Most people that used it in the past got declined (and or low balance for other accounts added to the fixed account) if i am not mistaken but if your sponsored account is up to 12m and above and fixed deposit any amount then you have chance. All things being equal if all other documents are intact and convincing enough why not you are good to go
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Andrepete: 3:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
johnsonsegxy:

It seems Canadian government doesn't really get moved by a fixed account.... Most people that used it in the past got declined (and or low balance for other accounts added to the fixed account) if i am not mistaken but if your sponsored account is up to 12m and above and fixed deposit any amount then you have chance. All things being equal if all other documents are intact and convincing enough why not you are good to go

Thanks for the reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by casualobserver2: 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2019
Ormohlawlah:

It depends on the school's policy

Hi.

I no longer have access to the email account I used for this account. Would you please reply me so that we can figure out how to communicate?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2019
Senatorkolade:

Frankrobbn1, I sent an email to you. Please let us connect

My honourable boss, PM replied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by originally(m): 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2019
Omonoba1981:
I am getting irritated now. Application since July 15th, this CIC people enjoy playing with people life....

This is quite long. I applied June 8th, got approval Aug 30th. Been in Canada since, my wife I applied for Nov. 8th just got medical approval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2019
Hey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yacha77: 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2019
Hello guys, I learnt it is cash payment for paper application. I need exact amount in cash that I should go there with. Have plenty prayers I decided to go the paper route. Thanks for the prompt response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maestro001: 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2019
Hello please gurus in the house ;I got a few questions as regards the application;here they are:

1.While showing your proof of funds;is it compulsory that the applicant opens a dorm acct and the sponsor deposits the tuition fees plus the $10k Canadian dollars into account or is the sponsor’s statement of account enough to show proof of sufficient funds

2.If the applicant hasn’t been employed for a little over 2years ;but has minor business he/she has been doing during this time frame;is that a red flag for a refusal
N.B(Business don’t have a name;just a sales person and earnings doesn’t reflect on the applicant banks statements;except for normal deposits).

3.While filling the student permit form;is it ok to tick “YES” when asked if you will work in Canada?

4.Lastly,Is the statement of purpose the same as Student questionnaire

Your answers are all welcome;thanks .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kayvine4u: 5:44pm On Jan 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated. i'll def give more details afterwards.

Cheers.
Frankrobbn1:

I am very interested in this topic.

Did you formally appealed your refusal to the federal court of Canada or Immigration Adjudication Division (IAD)?. Did you hire an immigration attorney in Canada that assisted in filing a judicial review/appeal on your behalf?. From the wisdom of my experiences, appealing a Canadian study visa refusal is usually very expensive, cumbersome, time consuming and the uncertainty is extremely high as there are no guarantees that the applicant will win the case in a long-term. I can recall intelligently last year on this faithful platform, an applicant hired an experienced immigration attorney in Canada after a study visa refusal because that was the only highest advantage he had for a Canadian study visa refusal to be overturned. He paid a fee of about $CAD3500-$CAD4000 which is equivalent to 1.2M in Naira for a judicial review by the Federal Court of Canada. The whole process lasted for as long as over 7 months. During the course of the case at the federal court, the Chief Justice in Canada decided to hand over the applicant application to a different visa officer to review and give recommendations prior to extending his judgment. Luckily, after a successful review and interview conducted by the second visa officer at Anifowoshe in Victoria Island Lagos, his application merited a study permit and was approved. Majority of the applicants that have passed through this stringent process were successful. Since you've have been invited for an interview at the consulate in Anifowoshe. You have to be bold and effectively demonstrate why your application should not have been denied and why you deserve a second chance, why you choose to undertake your proposed program in Canada not Nigeria and why you must depart from Canada after your authorized stay. The interview may last for about 5-10mins. Consequentially, once you are able to answer the aforementioned questions accurately and convincingly in a persuasive manner you will receive a letter confirming that you won the appeal and your file transferred to the processing visa office for visa issuance/stamping.

Please don't forget to keep the house updated, as your experience at the consulate would be very advantageous, educative and helpful to this platform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 6:37pm On Jan 29, 2019
casualobserver2:

Hi.

I no longer have access to the email account I used for this account. Would you please reply me so that we can figure out how to communicate?

Thanks
Hello, I do not understand this post...did you send me a PM? I haven't seen any message. Please help me understand
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 6:48pm On Jan 29, 2019
@frankRobbin. Pls can i message U??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by meelife: 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2019
Hi All,
Please after study permit visa has been refused,can one view the details (all information & data) that was submitted for study permit just to know what was actually inputed in a case where an agent entered the data on behalf of a prospective student.

The specfic area is for family.

I dont know if there is a section that askes "if the applicant has a cousin in Canada?" Is there any of such question in the online application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2019
1. If your sponsor is a third party sponsor then it is expected that he pays in your living costs for a year {CAD10,000} into your account and also pay in part of your fees. This shows how committed your sponsor is to you & your study plans. Please note, the living cost for a year {CAD 10,000} doesn’t necessarily have to be paid into your Dom account. The equivalent in naira could be paid into your naira account. Also paying part or all of your fees doesn’t guarantee anything, it just goes to show how committed your sponsor is.

If your sponsor is a close family member ( not a third part) then all the funds available can be left in his/her account, you’ll just have to state that in your statement of purpose (SOP).

2. Being unemployed for 2 years doesn’t call for a red flag, as long as you’ve been busy ( productively) in any manner. You can explain that you’re a sales person and also attach any document that can substantiate this claim. Include your statement of account, explain the salary wasn’t regular and attach any sales documents used during those two years.

3. I think you should tick ‘NO’ reason being, the VO knows if your application is approved, you will be allowed to work 20hrs/week when school is in session and more (40hrs) I’m guessing when the school isn’t. So studying is your primary aim for applying. I stand corrected.

4. The statement of purpose isn’t the same as the study/ student questionnaire. Difference is, the statement of purpose is written by the applicant explaining the purpose of visit, why he chose Canada, to explain study gaps, to explain and show home ties & also explain how he/she intends to survive in Canada without working WHILE[b][/b] the study questionnaire focuses mainly on your academic history and why you picked your preferred program.

I hope this helps. Goodluck.

Maestro001:
Hello please gurus in the house ;I got a few questions as regards the application;here they are:

1.While showing your proof of funds;is it compulsory that the applicant opens a dorm acct and the sponsor deposits the tuition fees plus the $10k Canadian dollars into account or is the sponsor’s statement of account enough to show proof of sufficient funds

2.If the applicant hasn’t been employed for a little over 2years ;but has minor business he/she has been doing during this time frame;is that a red flag for a refusal
N.B(Business don’t have a name;just a sales person and earnings doesn’t reflect on the applicant banks statements;except for normal deposits).

3.While filling the student permit form;is it ok to tick “YES” when asked if you will work in Canada?

4.Lastly,Is the statement of purpose the same as Student questionnaire

Your answers are all welcome;thanks .

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 6:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
They ask does applicant know anyone in canada. If u tick yes.. then they ask if its a family member... they dont ask if its a cousin .. brother. Sister...

meelife:
Hi All,
Please after study permit visa has been refused,can one view the details (all information & data) that was submitted for study permit just to know what was actually inputed in a case where an agent entered the data on behalf of a prospective student.

The specfic area is for family.

I dont know if there is a section that askes i[b]f the applicant has a cousin in Canada?[/b] Is there any of such question in the online application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raymondrain: 7:04pm On Jan 29, 2019
Good evening house.... Am applying for Canada study permit very soon and am applying from another country( not naija). Please find what are my chances?

According what have read, the rate of success is very low due to mostly rejections based on hometies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by meelife: 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2019
Thanks
Maxihyfr:
They ask does applicant know anyone in canada. If u tick yes.. then they ask if its a family member... they dont ask if its a cousin .. brother. Sister...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obazi: 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2019
I just went through some part of the messages exchange here. Am going for a technical studies not a master program. Please I don't know if an SOP or LOE will be needed as part of my documentation. Since am going to write a motivation letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by casualobserver2: 8:20pm On Jan 29, 2019
Ormohlawlah:

Hello, I do not understand this post...did you send me a PM? I haven't seen any message. Please help me understand

I am sorry I was not clear. I got a message that you had sent me an email and I wanted you to know that I was unable to read it because I don't have access to that email that is linked to this account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mykaelolalekan: 8:37pm On Jan 29, 2019
Please I don't understand this concept at all. I am about applying for student visa permit for program starting September 2019. I have a treasury bill investment of 7 million which will mature by July and cash of 4 million. Do you mean the certificate of TB will not be considered as proof of funds

quote author=johnsonsegxy post=75230607]

It seems Canadian government doesn't really get moved by a fixed account.... Most people that used it in the past got declined (and or low balance for other accounts added to the fixed account) if i am not mistaken but if your sponsored account is up to 12m and above and fixed deposit any amount then you have chance. All things being equal if all other documents are intact and convincing enough why not you are good to go[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2019
john9912:
have finally gotten admission to brandon university manitoba...is there any student from that school here?

Hi,

I just saw this. Congratulations on your admission. By the grace of God, I'll be going to BU for my master's in the fall.

Also saw your post @johnsonsegxy. Congrats to you too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
Heard it cost about 66,600,to avoid being stranded..i think it's better U Carry at least 70k.. incase of necessity.
yacha77:
Hello guys, I learnt it is cash payment for paper application. I need exact amount in cash that I should go there with. Have plenty prayers I decided to go the paper route. Thanks for the prompt response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by johnsonsegxy: 10:12pm On Jan 29, 2019
Mykaelolalekan:
Please I don't understand this concept at all. I am about applying for student visa permit for program starting September 2019. I have a treasury bill investment of 7 million which will mature by July and cash of 4 million. Do you mean the certificate of TB will not be considered as proof of funds

quote author=johnsonsegxy post=75230607]

Bro Cana respect Sponsorship a lots cos they believe schooling and working to sponsor your full self will be a tedious things to do and might have negative effect on the main purpose of your visit to Canada which is study so in this case someone sponsoring you be it any family members give u edge...

I'd suggest you go runz this stuff... Some bankers do it.. Though you won't have access to the money, is just to show proof to the VO that u have sponsor that will carter for u while studying in Canada and the sponsor SoA must read from 12m-20m in Naira.... That's the new policy now (came out last week)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by johnsonsegxy: 10:13pm On Jan 29, 2019
Bracha:

Hi,

I just saw this. Congratulations on your admission. By the grace of God, I'll be going to BU for my master's in the fall.

Also saw your post @johnsonsegxy. Congrats to you too.

Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maestro001: 11:53pm On Jan 29, 2019
Awuuga:
1. If your sponsor is a third party sponsor then it is expected that he pays in your living costs for a year {CAD10,000} into your account and also pay in part of your fees. This shows how committed your sponsor is to you & your study plans. Please note, the living cost for a year {CAD 10,000} doesn’t necessarily have to be paid into your Dom account. The equivalent in naira could be paid into your naira account. Also paying part or all of your fees doesn’t guarantee anything, it just goes to show how committed your sponsor is.

If your sponsor is a close family member ( not a third part) then all the funds available can be left in his/her account, you’ll just have to state that in your statement of purpose (SOP).

2. Being unemployed for 2 years doesn’t call for a red flag, as long as you’ve been busy ( productively) in any manner. You can explain that you’re a sales person and also attach any document that can substantiate this claim. Include your statement of account, explain the salary wasn’t regular and attach any sales documents used during those two years.

3. I think you should tick ‘NO’ reason being, the VO knows if your application is approved, you will be allowed to work 20hrs/week when school is in session and more (40hrs) I’m guessing when the school isn’t. So studying is your primary aim for applying. I stand corrected.

4. The statement of purpose isn’t the same as the study/ student questionnaire. Difference is, the statement of purpose is written by the applicant explaining the purpose of visit, why he chose Canada, to explain study gaps, to explain and show home ties & also explain how he/she intends to survive in Canada without working WHILE[b][/b] the study questionnaire focuses mainly on your academic history and why you picked your preferred program.

I hope this helps. Goodluck.

Thanks for your response:permit me to shed more light on some areas ;however

1.My sponsor is my father brother’s son which if I am not mistaken should be my cousin and I’m his cousin/nephew(I stand to be corrected);with that being said I guess he’s a close family member and not a third party so the funds should remain in his account isn’t it ??

2.Yes I am a sales person for the period of me being unemployed in any establishments and I have no documents to substantiate this claim because I just buy in local markets and resell to get profits which in turn is deposited into my account(my account is well over 1m).
Since I have no documents to back up my claims a a sales person during those two years ;can my bank statement suffice at this juncture

3.Yes,study is my primary aim of applying and intend to work while schooling ;I hope that’s ok ??
Also;if I’m to pay part of my tuition fee;what percentage of it should be paid since I can pay in installments??

4.Do you have a template or sample of any statement of purpose I can use as a guide ??i will be very grateful to you if I can get any ;Also,owing to the SOP you mentioned purpose of visit;explain study gaps,why choosing Canada,home ties and how to survive in Canada without working ;How do one go about writing a good SOP that will convince the VO?Your kind help is highly welcomed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 11:53pm On Jan 29, 2019
kayvine4u:
Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated. i'll def give more details afterwards.

Cheers.

I look forward to hearing a positive outcome from you.

Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 12:02am On Jan 30, 2019
Please what's the importance of having a relation in Canada. What effect does it have in ones application.
Maxihyfr:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Sento1: 12:11am On Jan 30, 2019
Pls I need the procedure to order gcms note from Nigeria and pls if anyone can assist me to order it from Canada pls kindly get in touch with me all the website am seeing say it is either u live in canada or a resident in canada that can order the gcms note.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bikerboy1(m): 12:32am On Jan 30, 2019
victorsol:

Same here too. I applied for Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics
what about you?

Same program, but PhD though.

Yours Masters or PhD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 12:44am On Jan 30, 2019
johnsonsegxy:

Bro Cana respect Sponsorship a lots cos they believe schooling and working to sponsor your full self will be a tedious things to do and might have negative effect on the main purpose of your visit to Canada which is study so in this case someone sponsoring you be it any family members give u edge...

I'd suggest you go runz this stuff... Some bankers do it.. Though you won't have access to the money, is just to show proof to the VO that u have sponsor that will carter for u while studying in Canada and the sponsor SoA must read from 12m-20m in Naira.... That's the new policy now (came out last week)
Hello:johnsonsegxy,

How did you come up with the bolded words?, please can you educate me more as I am very eager to learn it. Over my 2 years of existence on this faithful platform, I haven't heard nor seen where it was advertised on the news/internet that Treasury bill investment/Fixed deposit statements aren't regarded as proof of funds for a Canadian study visa. As a matter of fact, I know countless of applicants who used T/Bill as part of their financial support and got their TRV approved. I always encourage applicants who plans to include a treasury bills with their application to acquire a reference letter from their bank attesting firmly that the funds in the treasury bill investment account can be liquidated at any given time or before the applicant resumption date. Mind you, what determines financial sufficiency by the visa officer is the total amount present and the availability and accessiblity of funds by the applicant. Most often, the visa officer go as far as checking the possibility and financial status of the sponsor to finance subsequent years of study. Of what use would it be negotiating with a banker when funds can't be readily available and accessible by the applicant?

Be guided properly @ Mykaelolalekan. The treasury bill investment of 7 million which will mature by July and cash of 4 million is a good proof of funds for a Canadian study visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 12:46am On Jan 30, 2019
Yes o! Me I tire for them ooo ! Which part of Canada are you?

originally:

This is quite long. I applied June 8th, got approval Aug 30th. Been in Canada since, my wife I applied for Nov. 8th just got medical approval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bikerboy1(m): 12:54am On Jan 30, 2019
johnsonsegxy:

Did you say 12m to 20m? Edon be grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yacha77: 12:56am On Jan 30, 2019
Thanks bro
Nuel182:
Heard it cost about 66,600,to avoid being stranded..i think it's better U Carry at least 70k.. incase of necessity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.