Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (872747 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by thompson1510(m): 11:15am On Jan 30, 2019
Just logged on to my profile to see the message that made me wanna cry this morning,

My application for a study permit was refused. Na why i no wan use paper application before be that if not for the fact that my documents were too heavy.

The suprising part is that there is no refusal letter on my application and i was sent no email concerning this. Been waiting for their response since december not knowing that my application was already rejected.

How do i go about ordering for my GCMS note please.

Please guys, how do i know why I was refused a study permit.

Thanks to you all for your help always.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 11:29am On Jan 30, 2019
APPLICATION TIMELINE
Isaiah 40:31-- But they that wait up the lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up wings as the eagle,they shall run and not be weary , they shall walk and not faint

PROGRAM-Msc BEAS (MUn) Thesis based
Precvious degree qualifications Bachelor of Agriculture (2:2)

1st Application
Submitted--MArch 12(Paper)
Delayed- April 12
Delay letter carried April 2

DOC SUBMITTED
Admission letter
First year tuition receipts
TOEFL result
Cic docs
Nysc discharge certificate
Transcripts
Sop 4pages
Siblings birth certificate
Parents birth certificate and ID cards
Father soa (personal AND BUSINESS )
Retirement letter from Police
Police Retirement ID card,
Landed Properties ( Allocation letter of land by ministry of Land in lieu of C of O, survey plan, building plan,)
Business documents (CAC reg certificate, Business ID)
Letter of support
My shares cscs documents
Volunteering letter from NGOs, From church And from the agriculture association I finished from in school

2nd Application
Applied- June 16(online)
Application sent for seconds review August 15
Upfront medical - Sept 3
Medical passed- Sept 18
application approved/PPR -Jan 21
Passport submitted and received with stamped visa under 3 days

DOcuments submitted
Admission letter and defer letter
TOEFL result
Cic docs
Transcripts
UG certificate
UG letter of internship from a farm
Letter of Volunterng with a research professor
Sop 4pages and LoE 2pages
Dorm account with living expenses
parents Marriage certificate
Bank reference letter
Landed Properties ( Allocation letter of land by ministry of Land in lieu of C of O, survey plan, building plan,)
Deed of gift of landed property
Business registration documents(CAC, Business cash Transacion Reciept,Business ID)
Letter of support from sponsor
Affidavit of Sponsor
My shares cscs documents
Volunteering letter from local community NGO
Attestation letter From church
And from the agriculture association I finished from

Lots Prayers , Fasting and God factor

My portal still says send in your not passport even aftern I recieved my stamped passport .. waiting on my correspondence letter

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 11:34am On Jan 30, 2019
March, hopefully.

sleekysoft:
When are you flying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 11:35am On Jan 30, 2019
Sorry bout this bro.. For us to help you, you eill need to share ur full profile.. Date u submitted, date it was refused. Reasons stated on ur refusal letter and most importantly share ur GCMS notes here..
thompson1510:
Just logged on to my profile to see the message that made me wanna cry this morning,

My application for a study permit was refused. Na why i no wan use paper application before be that if not for the fact that my documents were too heavy.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 11:37am On Jan 30, 2019
You have to share your documents submitted

and reasons for rejection, possibly GCMnotes!

thompson1510:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ocon: 11:55am On Jan 30, 2019
sleekysoft:
APPLICATION TIMELINE
Isaiah 40:31-- But they that wait up the lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up wings as the eagle,they shall run and not be weary , they shall walk and not faint

PROGRAM-Msc Boreal Ecosystem and agricultural science (MUn) Thesis based

congratulations Bros... Please can I PM you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2019
Sure

Ocon:
congratulations Bros... Please can I PM you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jaylap: 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2019
Congratulations bro. I’m happy for you. Pls check your email for us to connect. Thanks
sleekysoft:
APPLICATION TIMELINE

1st Application
Delayed- April 12

DOC SUBMITTED
Admission letter
TOEFL result
Cic docs
Transcripts
Sop 4pages
Letter of support
My shares cscs documents
Volunteering letter from NGOs, From church And from the agriculture association I finished from in school

2nd Application
Applied- June 16(online)
Upfront medical - Sept 3
Medical passed- Sept 18

DOcuments submitted
TOEFL result
Cic docs
Transcripts
UG certificate
Bank reference letter
Business registration documents(CAC, Business cash Transacion Reciept,Business ID)
Affidavit of Sponsor
My shares cscs documents

My portal still says send in your not passport even aftern I recieved my stamped passport .. waiting on my correspondence letter

Enroute .......PS- anyone in Montreal? Please will Be stopping over at Montreal .. thank you in advance

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 5p1naz(m): 1:06pm On Jan 30, 2019
Do people still pay with Form A? I got information from GT bank officials today that even with Form A you get an exchange rate of about N360/usd

Any better information on this? I was expecting N306/usd

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2019
sleekysoft:
APPLICATION TIMELINE

1st Application
Delayed- April 12

DOC SUBMITTED
Admission letter
TOEFL result
Cic docs
Transcripts
Sop 4pages
Letter of support
My shares cscs documents

2nd Application
Applied- June 16(online)
Upfront medical - Sept 3
Medical passed- Sept 18

DOcuments submitted
TOEFL result
Cic docs
Transcripts
UG certificate
Bank reference letter
Affidavit of Sponsor
My shares cscs documents

Enroute .......PS- anyone in Montreal? Please will Be stopping over at Montreal .. thank you in advance

Congrats
I am happy for you. What course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by johnsonsegxy: 2:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
sleekysoft:
Sure

Congrats bros.! cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by johnsonsegxy: 2:49pm On Jan 30, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Hello:johnsonsegxy,

How did you come up with the bolded words?, please can you educate me more as I am very eager to learn it. Over my 2 years of existence on this faithful platform, I haven't heard nor seen where it was advertised on the news/internet that Treasury bill investment/Fixed deposit statements aren't regarded as proof of funds for a Canadian study visa. As a matter of fact, I know countless of applicants who used T/Bill as part of their financial support and got their TRV approved. I always encourage applicants who plans to include a treasury bills with their application to acquire a reference letter from their bank attesting firmly that the funds in the treasury bill investment account can be liquidated at any given time or before the applicant resumption date. Mind you, what determines financial sufficiency by the visa officer is the total amount present and the availability and accessiblity of funds by the applicant. Most often, the visa officer go as far as checking the possibility and financial status of the sponsor to finance subsequent years of study. Of what use would it be negotiating with a banker when funds can't be readily available and accessible by the applicant?

Be guided properly @ Mykaelolalekan. The treasury bill investment of 7 million which will mature by July and cash of 4 million is a good proof of funds for a Canadian study visa.

Bros na the new rules o i guess cos the company handling my app handles 100s of applications too and last week the embassy return almost all applications with less than ₦10m for sponsorship (These are application submitted early January this year tho)

And now also they are requesting for family picture... Any family you put in your application you must have a picture of you together
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dedecoder: 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2019
johnsonsegxy:

Bros na the new rules o i guess cos the company handling my app handles 100s of applications too and last week the embassy return almost all applications with less than ₦10m for sponsorship (These are application submitted early January this year tho)

And now also they are requesting for family picture... Any family you put in your application you must have a picture of you together

I think you are confusing the words of "the company handling my app" with the words of Immigration and Citizenship Canada. Ordinarily, photos are not expected in your documents. To my knowledge, this rule hasn't been annulled. Folks go this route (i.e. adding photos) in their desperate bid to satisfy or convince the Immigration officer of the connection that have asserted the have with someone.

On a bad day, this can work against you. On the aspect of funds, except you have full funding for your studies, any amount below 10 million is not likely going to scale through. Serious and professionals agents know this and that may be why they (not the embassy) returned the application. Canadian Embassies (Visa Section) don't return applications; they rather refuse or approve.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibbb: 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
Good day house, pls i need proper interpretation to this GCMS note, thnks and God blesss.
Pls Note: I studied Chemical Engr (1st degree) and i applied for masters in chemical engr. Working as a chemical engr. in an oil and gas company.

Previous travel not sufficiently demonstrated. Considering relevance of program, applicant’s travel history, available assets/funds, family ties and reasons to return to home country for general establishment in the home country. Given the PA’s assets /available funds I am not, satisfied it is logical given the cost of studying in Canada. I am not satisfied the course of study makes sense given PA’s history and education which leads to concerns the PA’s is leveraging the SP program as an entry to Canada and not for academic reasons. I am not satisfied that PA’s is sufficiently established to motivate them to leave CDA at the end of an authorized stay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by victorsol(m): 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2019
Tvickie:
Nope still under review
Am tired of this review ooooo. can I pm you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 6:43pm On Jan 30, 2019
vibrant99:
A Little Insight on FUNDS in your account when applying for Visa...

How would you be presenting an account that has 14 Million Balance, and have 3 Credits and 10 debits in 4-6 Months?

This is the target in your SOA,..

Debits...
Credits...

Amount has less effect as so many people tend to teach this idea of dumping cash in an account to be used .

It is very easy to give someone who has 1000Credits, 1200 Debits with a balance of 200k a Visa (Most times if you are the owner of the account).
Because a 200k Balance with such debit and credit wont be less than 3Million Naira for about 4-6 Months of Usage. (i stand Corrected).

My point is, when you are keen about your balance, be worried about the credit and debits too.

This is very wrong!!!!
Will the debits and credits pay for your tuition and fees?

If you can explain the reason for a lump on your account, you're good to go.
I had less than 10 transactions on my sponsor's bank statement and 2 huge lumps. All I had to do was explain how the lumps came about.

Inflow and outflow matters, but the balance matters more.

Get your facts bra!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by thompson1510(m): 7:13pm On Jan 30, 2019
makano:
Sorry bout this bro.. For us to help you, you eill need to share ur full profile.. Date u submitted, date it was refused. Reasons stated on ur refusal letter and most importantly share ur GCMS notes here..

Thanks a lot bro but that's what I am saying boss... They sent me no refusal letter. I do not know why I was refused. And I think I must have a refusal letter in order to get the GCMS note.
How do I go about getting the GCMS note please and it's how much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by thompson1510(m): 7:15pm On Jan 30, 2019
vibrant99:
You have to share your documents submitted

and reasons for rejection, possibly GCMnotes!

Will do once I get the GCMS note bro. Thanks a lot. But I was send no refusal letter sef. My application was just updated online. That's what I saw
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tvickie(f): 7:36pm On Jan 30, 2019
yes
victorsol:

Am tired of this review ooooo.
can I pm you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 7:50pm On Jan 30, 2019
Check well bro, You must have gotten a refusal Doc stating the reasons they denied you visa. If you applied online, you will see the document in ur profile, and if u applied through paper route, you will need to go pick up ur Passport and refusal letter from VFS.When you do that, come back to the house and share the reasons for ur refusal, so we can start from there. Meanwhile when did you apply and also What route? would be expecting ur feedback. Peace
thompson1510:

Thanks a lot bro but that's what I am saying boss... They sent me no refusal letter. I do not know why I was refused. And I think I must have a refusal letter in order to get the GCMS note.
How do I go about getting the GCMS note please and it's how much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ocon: 8:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
sleekysoft:
Sure

sent... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ocon: 10:39pm On Jan 30, 2019
dedecoder:

I think you are confusing the words of "the company handling my app" with the words of Immigration and Citizenship Canada. Ordinarily, photos are not expected in your documents. To my knowledge, this rule hasn't been annulled. Folks go this route (i.e. adding photos) in their desperate bid to satisfy or convince the Immigration officer of the connection that have asserted the have with someone.

On a bad day, this can work against you. On the aspect of funds, except you have full funding for your studies, any amount below 10 million is not likely going to scale through. Serious and professionals agents know this and that may be why they (not the embassy) returned the application. Canadian Embassies (Visa Section) don't return applications; they rather refuse or approve.
Please, does this implies that if you have an account statement with less than 10milli (like 2millie or less) you visa is going to be denied?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 10:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
Ocon:
Please, does this implies that if you have an account statement with less than 10milli (like 2millie or less) you visa is going to be denied?
If the amount in your bank statement will be enough to cover your tuition plus CAD10,000 for your living expenses, you are good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ocon: 11:02pm On Jan 30, 2019
Emmyirab:

If the amount in your bank statement will be enough to cover your tuition plus CAD10,000 for your living expenses, you are good to go.
okay sir...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maestro001: 11:07pm On Jan 30, 2019
Awuuga:
1. Well in that case he is actually a third party sponsor and it’ll be beneficial to you if he shows commitment by paying in the CAD10,000 for your living costs and part of your fees (optional). Also before any fees are paid be sure that your school has a refund policy and also confirm what percentage will be refunded.

2. In the absence of those documents you’ll have to do a really good job of convincing the VO of the source of the funds in your account. Go ahead and explain explicitly that you were productively busy during that period.

3. Yes it is and it is totally legal. Note that you have a maximum of 20hrs/week to work. Make sure you have enough funds for upkeep because it may take you a while to get a job depending on the province you find yourself and also you might be too involved in your academics to give your side job your best.

For the percentage of fees to be paid, that depends on your budget. Like I said earlier, make sure your school has a refund policy and also find out the percentage that will be refunded.

4. Check the first page of this part and read up on how to write a good SOP. Go through previous threads, draft your SOP and then come back and ask for it to be reviewed

The above is open for corrections and contributions from monikers more knowledgeable.

Regards.

Thanks a lot......you are simply awesome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by alftdbts: 11:17pm On Jan 30, 2019
sleekysoft:
APPLICATION TIMELINE

1st Application
Delayed- April 12

DOC SUBMITTED
Admission letter
TOEFL result
Cic docs
Transcripts
Sop 4pages
Letter of support
My shares cscs documents

2nd Application
Applied- June 16(online)
Upfront medical - Sept 3
Medical passed- Sept 18

DOcuments submitted
TOEFL result
Cic docs
Transcripts
UG certificate
Bank reference letter
Affidavit of Sponsor
My shares cscs documents

Yay! Congrats �. It's worth the wait afterall. It's just GRACE. I'm happy for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nellykuch: 11:45pm On Jan 30, 2019
originally:

Bro,what did you apply for your wife? Visiting permit or SOWP?
This is quite long. I applied June 8th, got approval Aug 30th. Been in Canada since, my wife I applied for Nov. 8th just got medical approval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imade1: 12:25am On Jan 31, 2019
Hello hox,
good morning everyone, I gat alot of questions pls and I want gurus in d hox to pls help.
I got an admission from a school in Canada for a 2yr program, although I graduated with a 2:1 of which with dat, am eligible to apply for a masters programme.
But my uncle over dere opted i join him in his school first for a 2yr program in geographic information system (GIS), den after dat to prolong my stay, i can go for masters and apply to enable me cope also, reasons being dat its a practical cox.
Now ve secured d admission paid tuition deposit b4 i bumped into dis trend, i tot it was easy in getting a visa after acquiring an acceptance letter, neva knew its just d begining. Now to my question.

* bsc : geography abd regional planing, applying for a two year program in geographic information system under SAIT, wat r my chances

*my dads frnd is acting as my sponsor (posing to b an uncle sha) with a fixed deposit acc of 20m and I paid my tuition deposit through his dollar acc under same fixed acc

*do I need docs of my parents from their work coz my dad is retired yl mum still working both police officers

*is police clearance compulsory

*I wanted to use an agent but my uncle over dere said agents r not trusted dat my docs can b used for anoda person how true

*this canada visa stuff is giving me and my dad headache cox he really wants me to travel this yr but d stories am hearing ehnnn, its just God and prayer �

*more questions will pop out if dese are answered.... Tnks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 31, 2019
imade1:
Hello hox,
good morning everyone, I gat alot of questions pls and I want gurus in d hox to pls help.
I got an admission from a school in Canada for a 2yr program, although I graduated with a 2:1 of which with dat, am eligible to apply for a masters programme.
But my uncle over dere opted i join him in his school first for a 2yr program in geographic information system (GIS), den after dat to prolong my stay, i can go for masters and apply to enable me cope also, reasons being dat its a practical cox.
Now ve secured d admission paid tuition deposit b4 i bumped into dis trend, i tot it was easy in getting a visa after acquiring an acceptance letter, neva knew its just d begining. Now to my question.

* bsc : geography abd regional planing, applying for a two year program in geographic information system under SAIT, wat r my chances

*my dads frnd is acting as my sponsor (posing to b an uncle sha) with a fixed deposit acc of 20m and I paid my tuition deposit through his dollar acc under same fixed acc

*do I need docs of my parents from their work coz my dad is retired yl mum still working both police officers

*I wanted to use an agent but my uncle over dere said agents r not trusted dat my docs can b used for anoda person how true

*this canada visa stuff is giving me and my dad headache cox he really wants me to travel this yr but d stories am hearing ehnnn, its just God and prayer �

U can secure your visa if u are able to convince the VO(visa officer) how both courses are related and it's importance to your home country Nigeria...also u are to also convince the VO that the cos u did I. Your Bsc is Wat u are into at the moment via your CV cos u will include your CV in your application...if u can do dat, den u are good on your SOP (statement of purpose)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 31, 2019
imade1:
Hello hox,

One it's good and fine you are using your dad's friend who is posing as your uncle..but u need to show how he relates to u on the uncle basis..u will need to submit his birth certificate along with your own family birth certificates..den have to explain on the same SOP how he is related to u..u can draw a family tree as a diagrammatic representation of your explanation on the SOP..on the fixed deposit...u need to go back to the last page plus this page, a guy named frank or som1 talked about fixed deposits..the thing is the VO wants to see that the money u have is easy for u or your sponsor to have access to..if the money can be in his savings account..its perfect..u also need to have close to 5-7mil in your account but the 20mil is good for your sponsor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 31, 2019
imade1:
Hello hox,

If your sponsor is your uncle, he is the one u need his work documents..eg birth certificate, employment documents, properties he owns etc...u need your family's birth certificate, if your dad has a property eg land, building u are gonna inherit include the documents( if u can do a property valuation) to show the VO..good..this will sought out the issue of home ties.. police certificate is not mandatory but important pls include it to save yourself from "if I had known"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 31, 2019
imade1:
Hello hox,

If u ask me, do not, I repeat do not use an agent...cos dy are not trusted and dy will never ever give u full information on Wat and how your application is being processed and wen u apply, dy don't tell u a thing or even give u access to your own application...all those guys know is money money and money...if u are here, den u don't need an agent cos none of us are using agents...most info u get here, 98% of agents don't know them...my friend got banned for 5yrs reason being "misrepresentation".. so pls, just take your time and read past threads..dont rush..do it once and do it right...Wat ever u don't understand, ask and the gurus will put u through...

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95