Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866662 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 12:47am On Feb 02, 2019
Well, never heard or read that I should send it via webform. REALLY? Just waiting as they told me at embassy to send her they request for medicals. Did it at abuja. Just your international passport or a photocopy of it. Your cash like 41k or so. They will give you a form you will fill there and will also capture u.

Nuel182:
I tot people in the forum said we could also send the Medicals via webform.
Where did U do the Medicals and what docs did U take along??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 1:12am On Feb 02, 2019
Obabori1:
Thank you very much. Please, regarding the travel history, is there anything I can do asides traveling to a different country first? Also, how do I prove to them that I would come back to the country after my program. What other advice would you give me in order for me to have a better chance of securing the visa.

Travel history is not a factual reason for a Canadian study visa refusal. Hence, you don't need to travel out from your home country before you can get your application approved. if you have not travelled before, you can simply tell the Visa officer in your SOP that you don't like traveling. You only want to travel now because of how important this BSc/MSc/PhD is to your career back home with a lot of outstanding openings in front Or you can say your busy work schedule doesn't allow you to travel.

To convince the officer that you're a bona-fide applicant and will leave after your study period, you must prove that you have sufficient ties to your home country that will motivate you to return to your home country at the end of your authorized stay. You must also prove that you will abide by the terms and conditions on your study permit as an international student.

A well written SOP/LOE as the case maybe must suffice stating the reason why you choose to undertake your proposed program in Canada rather than your home country, Nigeria. The lucrativeness of such program in your home country. What you intend to achieve in a short-term and long-term basis. The difference you could make when you return to your country e.g setting up a company of your own and creating wide range of employment opportunities for your country men etc...

* Proof of properties located in your country of residence preferably in your name(or parent's name that you're directly heir to). This assets could be land, house or a registered business etc..

* Proof that your immediate family members (aged parents, siblings, spouse and kids) are in Nigeria and aren't accompanying you to Canada, would also be a strong reason for you to go back home when you have finished your studies.

* Financial obligations and moral responsibilities which falls on you such as leadership role, military, community, church and family that you must return to continue active participation and attendance in meetings. (A letter from any of these bodies would help).

Also remember to order your gcms note as this will give us a clearer picture on what went wrong with your previous refused application.

I hope the information provided is adequate to what you seek. Feel free to reach out here if you face any difficulty along the process and I will be happy to guide you through.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 1:20am On Feb 02, 2019
Please you can put ursef through by reading up this part/thread from page 1 and also coupled with google. Don't be a lazy youth as our president has termed us...
wilzee:
Please can someone put me through on how to apply for canadian visa? Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:58am On Feb 02, 2019
Nuel182:
I tot people in the forum said we could also send the Medicals via webform.
Where did U do the Medicals and what docs did U take along??

The clinic sends the medicals result dem selves...I believe u just go with the medicals doc u download from cic website, you carry yourself, international passport or a photocopy and your money to the clinic

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:07am On Feb 02, 2019
Pls people rushing to go do upfront medicals immediately after submission, despite the fact upfront medicals fastens it and by "fastens" it means it will still stay the normal 3-5months or hopefully less, wen it gets to the eligibility review stage, it goes directly to passport request... mind u, cic doesn't care if u do the Medicals..if u are denied..its more like u have wasted money on doing it...I believe even we u reapply, u will still do another medical(might be wrong shaa) I urge if u are doing upfront medicals, wait for at least 2months after submission..so dat by the 2months, u will probably have a clue wea your application progress is...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 2:24am On Feb 02, 2019
Hey guys sorry I havent responded to a lot of queries as my computer crashed so it’s been using of phone which I find unused too.. to everyone or anyone who has been refused before. Best bet is getting your gcms.. it helps a lot.. I will try to respond as fast as I can

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 4:25am On Feb 02, 2019
imade1:
Ok, if 5million naira its paid into my acc immediately
let's say by my sponsor won't it raise doubts since its a bulk money, since my inflow of cash isn't much within d 6months

My opinion, you can decide to send 5M to your acccount at once. All you need to do is explain clearly who sent the money to you and why (Attach your SOA and the SOA with which your sponsor used to send the money. This shows proof the money came from your sponsor).

When I applied last year, over 9M was sent to my account within 2 weeks. I used some of the money to get admission, sort out application and paid almost 2.5M to make deposit to my school and was left with about 6M when I applied. I used that same account for my TRV application (Attached my mothers business SOA as support document because the money came from that account and to show she has a business with good cash flow and CAC certificate).

What you need to do is explain the source. Make sure your explanation makes sense to even a dunce. Always, Always, Always assume the Visa officer knows nothing. You can make a table detailing the date the money left your sponsors account and the day it reflected in your account.

After explaining who transferred the money, attach proofs such as letter of employment, SOA of the sponsor and so forth. If the sponsor does not bear same surname, put a diagram explaining how he relates to you (family tree). Finally, WHY has he/she decided to sponsor you? Make sure you give a very good reason.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:06am On Feb 02, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

UCI means (Unique Client Identifier), is an offical number given to applicants that has previously applied for a visa to Canada whether through the online or paper route. This number will be used in the applicant future applications with the Canadian government. If this is your first time of applying for a Canadian visa, you are ought to leave the space blank.

@LearnAndObey

I wrote that because in my first two applications in which I was denied, I didn't use a UCI and they were paper applications. I didn't even know what the abbreviation meant until my third application.

Just a clarification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:10am On Feb 02, 2019
042viber12:
Pls people rushing to go do upfront medicals immediately after submission, despite the fact upfront medicals fastens it and by "fastens" it means it will still stay the normal 3-5months or hopefully less, wen it gets to the eligibility review stage, it goes directly to passport request... mind u, cic doesn't care if u do the Medicals..if u are denied..its more like u have wasted money on doing it...I believe even we u reapply, u will still do another medical(might be wrong shaa) I urge if u are doing upfront medicals, wait for at least 2months after submission..so dat by the 2months, u will probably have a clue wea your application progress is...

I don't know if what i'm about to write is still the norm, but medical test results use to be valid for 12 months - it was on the cic website - which meant that if you applied again during the period of its validity, you could still use it/refer to it if a medical examination was requested again. Things may have changed now, i'm not too sure.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:31am On Feb 02, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Travel history is not a factual reason for a Canadian study visa refusal. Hence, you don't need to travel out from your home country before you can get your application approved. if you have not travelled before, you can simply tell the Visa officer in your SOP that you don't like traveling. You only want to travel now because of how important this BSc/MSc/PhD is to your career back home with a lot of outstanding openings in front Or you can say your busy work schedule doesn't allow you to travel.

To convince the officer that you're a bona-fide applicant and will leave after your study period, you must prove that you have sufficient ties to your home country that will motivate you to return to your home country at the end of your authorized stay. You must also prove that you will abide by the terms and conditions on your study permit as an international student.

A well written SOP/LOE as the case maybe must suffice stating the reason why you choose to undertake your proposed program in Canada rather than your home country, Nigeria. The lucrativeness of such program in your home country. What you intend to achieve in a short-term and long-term basis. The difference you could make when you return to your country e.g setting up a company of your own and creating wide range of employment opportunities for your country men etc...

* Proof of properties located in your country of residence preferably in your name(or parent's name that you're directly heir to). This assets could be land, house or a registered business etc..

* Proof that your immediate family members (aged parents, siblings, spouse and kids) are in Nigeria and aren't accompanying you to Canada, would also be a strong reason for you to go back home when you have finished your studies.

* Financial obligations and moral responsibilities which falls on you such as leadership role, military, community, church and family that you must return to continue active participation and attending meetings. (A letter from any of these bodies would help).

Also remember to order your gcms note as this will give us a clearer picture of what went wrong with your previous refused application.

I hope the information provided is adequate to what you seek. Feel free to reach out here if you face any difficulty along the way.

Please I need you to put me through, my wife want apply for Canada study visa early February as a married woman while I will apply for mine towards ending of February or early march as a married man, I hope it won't be an issue for them to refuse us. Because we are applying separately so it will look like we have a strong tie back home
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 8:18am On Feb 02, 2019
princeadelek:
Please I really need an answer to this
If you have enough time I would advise you allow her application to be treated first. If she gets approval then you can apply for spousal (instead of study permit) which will benefit you more.
Though it is still possible to apply for TRV almost together but I won't advise that. NB: MY PERSONAL OPINION
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LearnAndObey: 8:27am On Feb 02, 2019
Hello,

Please sir, what are the documents I'm supposed to upload at the Client Information column.

I'm a first time applicant.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 8:27am On Feb 02, 2019
Obabori1:
Thank you very much. Please, regarding the travel history, is there anything I can do asides traveling to a different country first? Also, how do I prove to them that I would come back to the country after my program. What other advice would you give me in order for me to have a better chance of securing the visa.
Travel history is not really a problem, it just tags along other reasons. Try to tackle the other reasons and travel history will disappear (so many people have gotten their TRV without traveling anywhere before).
About the issue of returning after your studies, that's where home tie(can be investments...) comes into play. Also potential job opportunities back in Nigeria is another good reason for you to return.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 8:28am On Feb 02, 2019
mcobex:
If you have enough time I would advise you allow her application to be treated first. If she gets approval then you can apply for spousal (instead of study permit) which will benefit you more.
Though it is still possible to apply for TRV almost together but I won't advise that. NB: MY PERSONAL OPINION
I agree with you.plus I dont think you can hide the fact that you both are married to one another because when she applies as a married woman like you say,CIC would definitely ask for her husband's birth certificate,and that of the kids.(I stand to be corrected) they might also need you to give your consent to your wife and so you might have to write a letter showing that you are in support of her leaving to study abroad. Let her apply,use you as home tie and when she gets it you can apply to go along with her...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 8:39am On Feb 02, 2019
LearnAndObey:
Hello,

Please sir, what are the documents I'm supposed to upload at the Client Information column.

I'm a first time applicant.
The client information section should contain your personal documents (applicant's documents), starting with your SOP. It should contain your SOP, your academic documents, and the rest.

Then, the financial section contains all your sponsor's documents; letter of introduction, letter of sponsorship, bank statements and the rest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:40am On Feb 02, 2019
princeadelek:

Please I need you to put me through, my wife want apply for Canada study visa early February as a married woman while I will apply for mine towards ending of February or early march as a married man, I hope it won't be an issue for them to refuse us. Because we are applying separately so it will look like we have a strong tie back home

mcobex:

Ormohlawlah:

I agree with you.plus I dont think you can hide the fact that you both are married to one another because when she applies as a married woman like you say,CIC would definitely ask for her husband's birth certificate,and that of the kids.(I stand to be corrected) they might also need you to give your consent to your wife and so you might have to write a letter showing that you are in support of her leaving to study abroad. Let her apply,use you as home tie and when she gets it you can apply to go along with her...

@princeadelek your query has been sorted out. Let your wife apply first, you will stand as a strong tie to her application, once she gets her TRV approved, you can then apply for a SOWP which allows you to work until the length of her stay in Canada. Whilst, your kids will apply for TRV.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:46am On Feb 02, 2019
042viber12:

Medical result is valid for a period of 12 months and can be used with other subsequent applications within this period of time.

Nice work you're doing here. I commend your persistent contributions to this thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emmy4Gold: 8:56am On Feb 02, 2019
Good morning my people & happy weekend to us all. please i would like to know if anyone has gotten admission for Fall 2019 at Memorial University of Newfoundland. Either M.eng, MASc or PGD. kindly signify.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nogen: 9:36am On Feb 02, 2019
Congrats to those who received their TRV. Please, what app can i use to resize my documents to 4mb?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obazi: 10:38am On Feb 02, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Medical result is valid for a period of 12 months and can be used with other subsequent applications within this period of time.

Nice work you're doing here. I commend your persistent contributions to this thread.
I was thinking of doing the medical upfront while am waiting for my CAQ to be approved. With this information now,i will hold still,continue with my SOP preparation and put together my documents. .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by itsyourboya: 11:02am On Feb 02, 2019
Good Morning Fam!

Any 2019 fall Msc applicant to University of Alberta with admission decision and funding decision made in the house?

It's taking too long! Applied since December 2018.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 02, 2019
obazi:
I was thinking of doing the medical upfront while am waiting for my CAQ to be approved. With this information now,i will hold still,continue with my SOP preparation and put together my documents. .

Huh....pls do not complicate things for your selves...u do upfront medicals after u have applied...it makes things and your life easy than doing upfront medicals wen u still haven't applied...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LearnAndObey: 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2019
Emmyirab:

The client information section should contain your personal documents (applicant's documents), starting with your SOP. It should contain your SOP, your academic documents, and the rest.

Then, the financial section contains all your sponsor's documents; letter of introduction, letter of sponsorship, bank statements and the rest.

Alright. Thank you very much sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by princekins(m): 1:11pm On Feb 02, 2019
Application review will start this month. Most of the depts stopped taking Applicants 2days ago(Jan.31st)

emmy4Gold:
Good morning my people & happy weekend to us all. please i would like to know if anyone has gotten admission for Fall 2019 at Memorial University of Newfoundland. Either M.eng, MASc or PGD. kindly signify.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Feeders(m): 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2019
Good afternoon guys, please has anyone gotten any news from University of Manitoba or University of Alberta concerning admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by princekins(m): 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2019
Congrats to her...Twas so FAST. Pls I will like to find out based on the hint some persons have been dropping.

1. How was she related to her sponsor

2. Did she pay sch commitment fee?

3. Did the sponsor have not less than 20million in his/her account for her living expenses?

Thanks

JennyKadry2:
So I applied for my niece and I thought I should share her timeline here

Online application

Aor: December 7 2018
Biometrics request: December 7 2018
Biometrics completed: december 11 2018
January 21: request for deferral letter.
January 24: submitted deferral letter(deferred to September 2019)
January 31: biometrics validity correspondence letter
February 1st: PPR(dated 31st January)
VO: Kenya
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emmy4Gold: 1:34pm On Feb 02, 2019
princekins:
Application review will start this month. Most of the depts stopped taking Applicants 2days ago(Jan.31st)

Thanks princekins, the waiting has not been easy ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:24pm On Feb 02, 2019
cychristaa:
For fall semester right? That's probably why it's taking so long. But I suggest you email your department though to ask them.

Yes, for Fall. The last email I sent hasn't been responded to, am just been optimistic till either this Feb/March.

What course & program did you get admitted into?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JennyKadry2: 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2019
princekins:
Congrats to her...Twas so FAST. Pls I will like to find out based on the hint some persons have been dropping.

1. How was she related to her sponsor

2. Did she pay sch commitment fee?

3. Did the sponsor have not less than 20million in his/her account for her living expenses?

Thanks

Hi,

1. I am her sponsor. She is my niece
2. She paid nothing. Not a cent. Hang on, I think we only paid application fee(100CAD or so) for the course but no fees no nothing
3. One thing I have learned in my years in obodo oyibo is sometimes less is more. I only showed proof of 1 yr tuition/ living expenses as per their requirement. To answer your question, her one year living expenses/tutition e.t.c is about 6.5 million Naira. I had that amount in one of my accounts so I used that account. I did not provide statements of all my bank accounts. Just the one

I printed out bank statement online and submitted. No bank stamp on the statement just regular online statement

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Daughterofgrace: 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2019
Good afternoon Fam, I also applied to university of Alberta and university of saskatchewan but no news yet. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the best.

Feeders:
Good afternoon guys, please has anyone gotten any news from University of Manitoba or University of Alberta concerning admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2019
042viber12:

U can't pay 5mil into the account just once...just drop it slowly in bits...
the sponsor can push in lump sum of money showing commitment to sponsor, no big deal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hadassaheke(f): 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2019
hadassaheke:
Hello everyone!

I applied for my work visa at the VAC office in Berlin, Germany and I was given a tracking number to track my application and I was also told that it takes 10 working days to get a response.
And so I've been trying to track my application via the VAC website but it keeps coming up with an error message.

Please does anyone know how I can go about this or has someone experienced this before?

Thanks in anticipated response.
Thanks everyone for your advise and response. I got an email notifying me that my work visa has been approved.

More wins to us all!

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.