Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866145 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2019
Favoured30:
Good day house, I just got admission to Conestoga college to study Business- Finance ( Ontario College Diploma) for fall 2019, I am a physics graduate ( 2.1) and i have been working in a bank for about three years now. i want to know if it is ok to apply for a student visa with this admission. From what i have been reading on this platform i see that they hardly give Visa for pgd courses, i have been given one month by the school to pay a tuition deposit of 1500 Cad unless i will lose the admission, pls i will appreciate your opinion.

1st why go for a pgd wen u have a 2.1, u are eligible to go for a masters..this will be an issue cos the VO would want to know why u are going for a pgd wen u have a 2.1 that makes u eligible for a masters...secondly I don't know wea u read that people applying for visa with a pgd hardly get a visa...the last 6persons that has gotten a visa here are all pgd..besides going for a masters or pgd, doesn't guarantee u a visa but rather wat and how u package your application is way guarantees u a visa...for your question, it boils down to u to decide to pay the fees, cos u have to explain why u are going for a pgd and not a masters and also why a cos in biz wen u have a bsc in physics...not that u can't get a visa but it depends on how u explain yourself to the VO to convince him/her

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2019
I want to apply for a student visa how do I go about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by justwise(m): 1:54pm On Feb 07, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

@Justwise, The information put forward by you is false.

US visa refusal has no direct negative effect to a Canada Study Visa and will not be an automatic reason for a refusal. It is noted that Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand and other first-rate European countries collaborate with each other by sharing and making information available on visa matters to every one.

With that said, when filling a Canada Study permit IMM1294E application form, under the background information section 2: A question is thrown to every applicant:
Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada OR any other country?

On the account that the applicant can veraciously and truthfully answer the above question as stated on the form, signifying that he/she has been refused a visa to the US, also indicating the reason for the refusal, and the date of visa rejection. There is no red flag and would not adversely affect the outcome of the Canada Study Permit.

After reviewing this part (background check), the visa officer move on to check the application entirety to know if the applicant ties is sufficient enough to compel their departure after studies and the likelihood of the applicant not to over stay their visit to Canada after the authorized period of stay. The visa officer will also check if the applicant have legitimate and adequate financial resources to support their planned study in Canada and to ascertain that the applicant wouldn't be a burden to the Canadian government or have any recourse to public funds during the course of study in Canada.

Consequently, provided that the applicant can show sufficient ties to their home country, the reasonableness of undertaking the program in Canada and adequate and legitimate source of funds to cater for their stay. The visa officer has no objection but to approve the application based on the information presented by the applicant.

Cc: Emiyrab will tell better about the above information presented by me.

Therefore, to recapitulate, NO a US visa refusal without a ban or criminal record has no negative effect for a Canadian study visa.

As regards to South Africa and Dubai being a good travel history. The answer is NO. A good travel histories for a Canadian study visa are trips to first-rate countries namely.... US, New Zealand, UK, Australia, Ireland, Paris, Turkey etc.

I was reviewing an applicant GCMS note last week, and the visa officer stated:
"The applicant's prior travel history is insufficient to count as a positive factor in my assessment." Mind you, the applicant has travelled to Ghana, South Africa and Dubai. This is a clear evidence that these countries do not count as a travel history.

Cc: Austacus is very right with his stand point.

Cheers!

The problem with this monologue is that you did not read and understand my post before replying

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 07, 2019
Tewarh:
I want to apply for a student visa how do I go about it

Start reading this thread, den also use google to research more

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Feb 07, 2019
Austacus:

Well... I will do my findings and take correction
:
But I doubt you are correct because travel history for Canada, US visa is mostly from a developed country like US, Canada, Schengen countries, Singapore, Aus, NZ,Europe etc
:
Don't give me an incomplete answer that US visa refusal adversely affects the chances of getting Canada visa
I am pretty sure that Canada & US are members of the five-eye group, mainly to share criminal-immigration related data. So I will agree with you if you'd say ”not directly, it may affect”
And who's to say that the US visa refusal was not "normal"? For all we know, it might have been refused because of some criminal matter. so that could affect the chances of Canadian visa. The two countries have different purpose of visit.

The same with you..but i will reply you when i close for the day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by princekins(m): 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
WHAT courier did ur sch use to send d doc? ask for tracking nmber and track its current location.
mikkycoins:

No sir,I mean mun application
grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by princekins(m): 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2019
Pls Gurus in the house I've been thinking, and I want to lay out my thoughts for examination and cross examination. Since its getting difficult to get Student Visa, is it a better option to apply for Express Entry, then when you get there apply for your Msc, won't it be cheaper and easier?

Secondly what is the meaning of 'Decision: Notification to follow' I saw this in my Usask page.

Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ajibade105(m): 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
A decision has been made on your application. Expect an email from them soon. If you wanna know, just shoot them an email and you will find out the outcome immediately...All the best!

princekins:
Pls Gurus in the house I've been thinking, and I want to lay out my thoughts for examination and cross examination. Since its getting difficult to get Student Visa, is it a better option to apply for Express Entry, then when you get there apply for your Msc, won't it be cheaper and easier?

Secondly what is the meaning of 'Decision: Notification to follow' I saw this in my Usask page.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by princekins(m): 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2019
Thanks Bro

Ajibade105:
A decision has been made on your application. Expect an email from them soon. If you wanna know, just shoot them an email and you will find out the outcome immediately...All the best!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chy73(f): 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2019
Hi, please I'd like to ask what does it mean when the Canadian embassy sends someone a mail about biometrics being confirmed and that they would not do biometrics again when they get to Canada. My friend applied for visa early December 12th, and she just got such message almost 2months of not hearing anything from the embassy. Please is this a positive news coming her way. Please someone answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
chy73:
Hi, please I'd like to ask what does it mean when the Canadian embassy sends someone a mail about biometrics being confirmed and that they would not do biometrics again when they get to Canada. My friend applied for visa early December 12th, and she just got such message almost 2months of not hearing anything from the embassy. Please is this a positive news coming her way. Please someone answer

I think it means they have confirmed her biometrics and she won't be needing to do it again even if in future she wants to reapply...once it's done, it's done. Though am wondering why they are just sending that now..for me I did biometrics today and got the mail later in the evening
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chy73(f): 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2019
042viber12:

I think it means they have confirmed her biometrics and she won't be needing to do it again even if in future she wants to reapply...once it's done, it's done. Though am wondering why they are just sending that now..for me I did biometrics today and got the mail later in the evening
I dont know why too. Infact this is her 2nd time applying for student visa( the 1st she was rejected on accounts of fund). This is the 1st time she was sent the mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mysticken: 3:56pm On Feb 07, 2019
I need help please... Just got rejected, how do I go about reapplying again do need to order for Gcms I was thinking maybe it's my transcript I didn't add that cause it.... Please help my brothers and sisters....

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mikkycoins(m): 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2019
princekins:
WHAT courier did ur sch use to send d doc? ask for tracking nmber and track its current location.
I will need to go to school for the tracking number.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okattamgbee: 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2019
042viber12:

Favoured30:
Good day house, I just got admission to Conestoga college to study Business- Finance ( Ontario College Diploma) for fall 2019, I am a physics graduate ( 2.1) and i have been working in a bank for about three years now. i want to know if it is ok to apply for a student visa with this admission. From what i have been reading on this platform i see that they hardly give Visa for pgd courses, i have been given one month by the school to pay a tuition deposit of 1500 Cad unless i will lose the admission, pls i will appreciate your opinion.

1st why go for a pgd wen u have a 2.1, u are eligible to go for a masters..this will be an issue cos the VO would want to know why u are going for a pgd wen u have a 2.1 that makes u eligible for a masters...secondly I don't know wea u read that people applying for visa with a pgd hardly get a visa...the last 6persons that has gotten a visa here are all pgd..besides going for a masters or pgd, doesn't guarantee u a visa but rather wat and how u package your application is way guarantees u a visa...for your question, it boils down to u to decide to pay the fees, cos u have to explain why u are going for a pgd and not a masters and also why a cos in biz wen u have a bsc in physics...not that u can't get a visa but it depends on how u explain yourself to the VO to convince him/her

Does it mean that Ontario College Diploma is same as Postgraduate Diploma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 07, 2019
Okattamgbee:

Does it mean that Ontario College Diploma is same as Postgraduate Diploma?

Don't think it's the same... but either way, having a 2.1 and applying for that is a red flag dat will cause the applicant to start explaining.. too much work
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
mysticken:
I need help please... Just got rejected, how do I go about reapplying again do need to order for Gcms I was thinking maybe it's my transcript I didn't add that cause it.... Please help my brothers and sisters....

Sorry about the news...pls kindly drop your profile, wen u applied, wen u got denied, course u applied for masters or pgd and documents submitted, SOA of you and your sponsor....after den we can guide u on Wat to do...thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hasalau: 5:19pm On Feb 07, 2019
Goodevening all, please kindly help i filled the schedule 1 application for temporary visa imma5257 and validate but not coming up with bar code and keep telling me validation completed and also the client information which i uploaded keep telling uploaded not submitted to IRCC , please successful online applicant kindly help out. These are the two aspect to complete my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okattamgbee: 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2019
042viber12:

Don't think it's the same... but either way, having a 2.1 and applying for that is a red flag dat will cause the applicant to start explaining.. too much work

Alright, but what do you think about someone that has a 2:2 in Information Management Technology and applied for Ontario College Advanced Diploma in Computer Systems - Network Engineering And Security Analyst?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 07, 2019
Okattamgbee:

Alright, but what do you think about someone that has a 2:2 in Information Management Technology and applied for Ontario College Advanced Diploma in Computer Systems - Network Engineering And Security Analyst?

Thanks

That's much better
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mysticken: 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2019
I applied January 21 did my biometric on January 24, I applied for 1 year apprenticeship program on welding
Documents I submitted
[b][/b]ND certificate on computer science, Scaffolding certificate, Safety certificate on scaffolding, dad bank statement with 9m, letter from dad company, my marriage certificate, son birth certificate, letter of explanation, letter from my brother living in Canada stating that he will house me through out my stay
I got denied today feb 07... Please I need help I already make payment of 1795 CAD
042viber12:

Sorry about the news...pls kindly drop your profile, wen u applied, wen u got denied, course u applied for masters or pgd and documents submitted, SOA of you and your sponsor....after den we can guide u on Wat to do...thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
Austacus:

Well... I will do my findings and take correction
:
But I doubt you are correct because travel history for Canada, US visa is mostly from a developed country like US, Canada, Schengen countries, Singapore, Aus, NZ,Europe etc
:
Don't give me an incomplete answer that US visa refusal adversely affects the chances of getting Canada visa
I am pretty sure that Canada & US are members of the five-eye group, mainly to share criminal-immigration related data. So I will agree with you if you'd say ”not directly, it may affect”
And who's to say that the US visa refusal was not "normal"? For all we know, it might have been refused because of some criminal matter. so that could affect the chances of Canadian visa. The two countries have different purpose of visit.

This is a flawed argument, going by your line of reasoning its fair to assume that Dubai, South Africa, Russia or China are not developed countries?

South Africa has one of the toughest visa rules in Africa especially for Nigerians and getting SA visa is tough, so if you are able to get a SA visa, travel and return even with all the strict rules then that counts as a good travel history.

My initial point was referring to your point that US visa refusal will only affect one's Canadian visa application if that person is banned by US.

One could be sent back at POE in US and visa cancelled without being banned, if you travel to US and overstayed your visa and return to reapply your application will be refused but you will not be banned.

If you traveled to US and use your visa to give birth without declaring it during the interview you will be refused a reapplication without being banned.

If you decided to apply for Canada visa your application is likely to be refused because of your history with US.

That was why i selected that section of your post and made my comment which was misconstrued

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:38pm On Feb 07, 2019
Okattamgbee:

Thanks

Please if you can opt for PGD/PGC Before applying for Visa... Go for it or if you have the strength of searching for schools that would accept you for MSC, go for it.
Going for BSC at your age is even more Reasonable to the VO so far you can cover the gap appropriately.

That's my 2 cents advise to you, if you like...take it or leave it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by justwise(m): 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
Okattamgbee:

Thanks

You are likely to be refused because it does not show any progress, how do you move from degree down to Diploma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DunnyGee: 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
darey360:
Good Afternoon house , anyone got admission into University of Regina here? I just got an admission

Congrats, pls can I send you a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:53pm On Feb 07, 2019
justwise:

You are likely to be refused because it does not show any progress, how do you move from degree down to Diploma?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
justwise:

This is a flawed argument, going by your line of reasoning its fair to assume that Dubai, South Africa, Russia or China are not developed countries?

South Africa has one of the toughest visa rules in Africa especially for Nigerians and getting SA visa is tough, so if you are able to get a SA visa, travel and return even with all the strict rules then that counts as a good travel history.

My initial point was referring to your point that US visa refusal will only affect one's Canadian visa application if that person is banned by US.

One could be sent back at POE in US and visa cancelled without being banned, if you travel to US and overstayed your visa and return to reapply your application will be refused but you will not be banned.

If you traveled to US and use your visa to give birth without declaring it during the interview you will be refused a reapplication without being banned.

If you decided to apply for Canada visa your application is likely to be refused because of your history with US.

That was why i selected that section of your post and made my comment which was misconstrued

I didn't say Soviet union and China is not a good travel history.
:
What you just explained has been highlighted in frank’s post.
I didn't Write the full explanation cause I was busy in the morning.
Bro, if you disclose your US visa with full details and date, it has no negative impact in getting a Canadian visa unless you were refused on criminal stuff then it could affect the chances of getting a Canada visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 07, 2019
So they are already working on January people
mysticken:
I applied January 21 did my biometric on January 24, I applied for 1 year apprenticeship program on welding
Documents I submitted
[b][/b]ND certificate on computer science, Scaffolding certificate, Safety certificate on scaffolding, dad bank statement with 9m, letter from dad company, my marriage certificate, son birth certificate, letter of explanation, letter from my brother living in Canada stating that he will house me through out my stay
I got denied today feb 07... Please I need help I already make payment of 1795 CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okattamgbee: 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2019
042viber12:

That's much better

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mysticken: 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2019
mysticken:
Documents I submitted
ND certificate on computer science, Scaffolding certificate, Safety certificate on scaffolding, dad bank statement with 9m, letter from dad company, my marriage certificate, son birth certificate, letter of explanation, letter from my brother living in Canada stating that he will house me through out my stay

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2019
Is there any other January applicant with any significant change?

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.