Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,712 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862805 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2019
To all hopefuls , my thoughts and prayers without you... also to everyone on the thread.. I will be willing to assist anyone who needs suggestions etc.. But mind you, i anyone Is contacting me I will bro giving my opinion and what I think over the issue..
PS- Anyone traveling to canny nextweek ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2019
Lol.. I have been observing the Vibrant guy, the guy is so confident saying rubbish.. I have noticed him since the day he spat out rubbish saying that no one without Visa has the right to give advise on this thread to newbies... Make una just ignore am.. He is so clueless.. Nice Job you doing here Naijaforeigner, even tho u have gotten ur Visa u still come up here to render help, unlike peeps in ur shoe that never return here.. Good Job.
Naijaforeigner:

Some peole will not kill me with laugh on this forum. I never knew we had Visa officers on Nairaland, see the way he is even saying FACTS with confidence.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2019
makano:
Lol.. I have been observing the Vibrant guy, the guy is so confident saying rubbish.. I have noticed him since the day he spat out rubbish saying that no one without Visa has the right to give advise on this thread to newbies... Make una just ignore am.. He is so clueless.. Nice Job you doing here Naijaforeigner, even tho u have gotten ur Visa u still come up here to render help, unlike peeps in ur shoe that never return here.. Good Job.
He isn't 'so clueless' because you disagreed with him on some issues. The guy has actually helped so many people here. Everyone is wrong sometimes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Estherosev2(f): 9:50pm On Feb 26, 2019
Stevenssen:

He isn't 'so clueless' because you disagreed with him on some issues. The guy has actually helped so many people here. Everyone is wrong sometimes
�This is the only section that doesn't insult people to make a point... see civilized responses everywhere

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
I can see you just joined this thread last month, so its obvious u dnt know much.. If u are very knowledgeable about this Visa application process,u will knw that nigga is most times off points with his "FACTS" here. Most of his posts are to discourage many peeps on this thread. Imagine him discouraging peeps with wide range of knowledge on this Canadian tingy from helping peeps on this thread just cos they havnt gotten their Visa yet.. Most Gurus on this thread havnt even gotten their Visa but despite that, they still pour down their knowledge to newbies like you, so you can be successful with ur visa application. That nigga hasnt helped many peeps like u have said here. If you wanna talk about peeps that have helped many peeps here, then u should be mentioning peeps like frankrobbn1, jnyuwa02, Austacus, Naijaforeigner, Bracha e.t.c and not that Clown.. Peace
Stevenssen:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raheembisi: 10:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
4hmvd:
@Raheembisi , please PM me or send me your email, it’s urgent.

I dont know how to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 10:41pm On Feb 26, 2019
Tnx dr.

Naijaforeigner:

Amen, God will do it for you as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Higherground1: 12:00am On Feb 27, 2019
Hi,

I'm actually not new on this thread. I could not have access to my old account. I will be graduating with master's program soon and I have been admitted in a school in Canada for Ph.D. with funding. My question is; should I wait till I graduate before applying for a study permit or I can apply now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:19am On Feb 27, 2019
Higherground1:
Hi,

I'm actually not new on this thread. I could not have access to my old account. I will be graduating with master's program soon and I have been admitted in a school in Canada for Ph.D. with funding. My question is; should I wait till I graduate before applying for a study permit or I can apply now?

U v to wait cos u have to show u v graduated with a masters to the VO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 1:57am On Feb 27, 2019
Good morning!!! Pls wats d address to the children practice hospital in lagos?? And wats d price?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 2:04am On Feb 27, 2019
I hv a question please... On my admission letter.. it is written that i Would have 175hrs of work placement... Dat work placement is a necessary part of my study... So shud i tick yes work is a necessary part of my study on the questionnaire?? I await your reply... Tnx

Austacus:

Lemme give you a quick explanation of Co-op permit.
In your questionnaire or in the IMM form please make sure you select “YES” (for work permit) meaning that you’re gonna work.
Your program has a work requirement (unpaid, work integrated learning) as part of the program of study which will require you to apply for a Work Permit, along with your Study Permit. This work component will not constitute more than 50% of the total duration of the program. This permit is called a Co-op Work Permit and is issued for the purpose of all paid and unpaid work and work integrated learning that is part of an academic program.
Your study application will be treated as case type 59 which is different from study permit as case type 30.

Your LOA will authorize the work placement, and confirming that the work placement is required for the study program.
that's the only document you are submitting in regard to a Co-op work permit.

Now my two cent advice is, make sure you give the VO every reasonable doubt that you didn’t choose that course on purpose cause it requires work (to IRCC it is regarded as paid and unpaid work) which means according to them they will think they might pay you. cause it depends on the company or organization you’re working for they may decide to pay you just like internships).
Meanwhile, to the school, its regarded as unpaid work. mind you, it’s different from the general 20 hrs work per week for the student.
(So imagine the amount of work this VO will be thinking that you actually came for. Cause you’re working during your academy session and normal 20hrs work per week)

The co-op work permit allows you to work up to full-time during the semester, depending on the conditions of the work placement authorized by the DLI.

The co-op work permit is required regardless of whether the mandatory work placement is paid or unpaid.

You may simultaneously use a co-op work permit, and the standard work authorization granted to you in your Canadian study permit. This means that you may have a job unrelated to your study program, at the same time as working in the mandatory work placement.

The co-op work permit is a closed work permit, meaning it can only be utilized for one job and one employer. The employer is designated on the permit document as the educational institution authorizing the co-op placement.

The co-op work permit will also be issued for a specific time period as authorized by the coordinator of the student’s co-op work placement. Usually, this will coincide with the validity of the study permit.

There are no application fees for the co-op work permit.

I wish you the best of luck and make sure you have enough funds and convincing SOP.

Bless you.

@vibrant99 on the college issue, you are wrong, to some extent but 10% assurance is very low. Calm down bros, your blood too dey rush. (are you against college as a whole or the programme? Cause they do study pgd/c or diploma in university too)
Lotta People still get their visa approved with PGD/C in Nigeria

The truth is, Master is super safe in terms of getting the VISA.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 2:42am On Feb 27, 2019
Children Practice is no more an approved clinic for CIC medicals. Its just Qlife and IOM. It is stated on the CIC website..
Maxihyfr:
Good morning!!! Pls wats d address to the children practice hospital in lagos?? And wats d price?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by snowlordng(m): 5:51am On Feb 27, 2019
Guys pls say something .....I wanna apply for pgd in canada ...my father doesn't have property ...pls what should I do in order assure them that am gonna come back to nigeria after my studies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 7:18am On Feb 27, 2019
Sorry.. do u know the amount to pay? For the 2?
makano:
Children Practice is no more an approved clinic for CIC medicals. Its just Qlife and IOM. It is stated on the CIC website..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 7:47am On Feb 27, 2019
vibrant99:
Very good!

You said you are there on a One yearVisa!
You said there are more Nigerians in Ur school than in another school? ( RCCG church isnt a Meeting point for Nigerians Schooling, there are catholic churches and the many more around).

When an analysis is made , it doesn't kill the point it tries to dissect, rather it gives you an in depth knowledge of it entirety!

I repeat, College reduces your chance of a VISA, (I saw something like a "1 Year Visa", You didnt give reasons why it should even be like that, or does being College also make you a 1 Year Visa Type unlike the University guys who get till expiration?)

If you can get admission to a MSC, Please do,... if you can't, then Be ready to work harder in your application with a College!!!

This guy!!
Do you even know what a college is?
Or you think its the usual College of Education we have here in Nigeria?!
The only difference between a college and a university is that a university offers a wider range of programs; Masters and PhDs. And as of recent times, some colleges have started offering Master's programs. So they really isn't a difference. A bachelor's degree from a university is equal with a bachelor's degree from a college. Same goes for a Master's degree.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 8:06am On Feb 27, 2019
Maxihyfr:
I hv a question, please... On my admission letter.. it is written that i Would have 175hrs of work placement... Dat work placement is a necessary part of my study... So shud i tick yes work is a necessary part of my study on the questionnaire?? I await your reply... Tnx

Please Tick yes for work permit. (if you order your Gcms note you will see your intended occupation and the employers name [the company]) you won't see it in your LOA the VO will verify it and it will reflect in your Gcms note.
You don't need GCMS, I am just explaining it to you for a better understanding.

Ps: if you can't answer a simple question in IMM form or questionnaire form, it's a big turn off to VOs

All the best brother

@maxihyfr, my chairman @makano has answered your question take it from him, please.
You can scroll up you will see where @Bracha gave out the direction of Qlife. IOM is in number 1 Isaac John street Ikeja GRA.
Good luck to you.

@slowlordng, are you in any social club? Are you in any organization? Does your dad or mom have a business or investment? Are you working currently? If all these questions are yesses, please add the documents to your application?

Now in your SOP, you should talk about the bond of you and your family, if you are currently working, tell them the prospect of your job and the course you intend to study and the promotion you will get upon return in Nigeria. If you're not working yet, tell them the opportunity that awaits you in Nigeria cause of the advantages of your international study especially in Canada.

Add your family picture together with you and submit birth certificates and marriage certificate of your parents.

Do you have a personal business or investment? If yea, adds it to your application.

Are you married? Or you have a child(ren)
(very strong tie). Add the proof birth certificate(s) or marriage registry.

Those are the things I can think of right now that will compel your return to your home country.

Bless you

@Emmyirab, I doubt the guy really understands college cause they do pgd/c and diploma in Canadian university too. (I don't know if he's against college or the programme in college because dem dey even study Nursing for Canadian college too).

Please, we are here, for one thing, to help and encourage each other. They are not paying anybody for a job well done here, neither giving an award or medals to the best commenter. Just ignore the guy cause we have got to respect peoples personality that's just him, you can't change it.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nellykuch: 8:34am On Feb 27, 2019
I second your view darling.My husband currently will be landing in fanshawe for his program in May. Note that he's 48yrs old and last time he sat in a class due to his work schedule was 19/20 years ago. People should have facts and figures before misleading people.

Naijaforeigner:

Hello sir, I am open to learning. How did you come about your percentage? Please tell me how college reduces your chances of visa approval.

With all due respect sir, there are more Nigerians in Fanshawe college than in Western university of Ontario (both schools in London, you can check school websites to confirm). I am not telling you what I heard or read online, neither is this beer parlour gossip. I am telling you what I am presently experiencing at the moment. In my program, Logistics and supply chain management, we have 4 Nigerians in my class. The RCCG church in London Ontario (the largest and only RCCG church for blacks in London is filled with lots of Fanshawe students). You know the funny thing, we all are on 1 year visa and I am the only one that applied from London, UK, others were from Nigeria. I see so many blacks from other programs every day in school.

Before you put out figures, make sure you have proofs to back them up.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 27, 2019
snowlordng:
Guys pls say something .....I wanna apply for pgd in canada ...my father doesn't have property ...pls what should I do in order assure them that am gonna come back to nigeria after my studies

U have a dad, mum and siblings...u can use them as home ties stating u are coming back to take care of them as they age

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 27, 2019
LRWS: 8.5, 7.5, 6.5, 8

Do you think I should request for a re-mark for the writing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by snowlordng(m): 9:57am On Feb 27, 2019
042viber12:

U have a dad, mum and siblings...u can use them as home ties stating u are coming back to take care of them as they age
so am ok with that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2019
snowlordng:
so am ok with that

Yea..just convince dem u are coming back on your SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obi4eze(m): 10:33am On Feb 27, 2019
Please what are the pros and cons of doing upfront medicals?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by evergreen9: 10:47am On Feb 27, 2019
I am looking for an affordable Canadian college that isn't as expensive as the others, I would like to study and build a career in Canada , fellow Nigerians abeg reply, please no scammers! thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 11:13am On Feb 27, 2019
You dont need IELTS on this thread tho.. This is a study permit thread and not express entry... Direct ur questions to this 2 links https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here and https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
DanXplore:
LRWS: 8.5, 7.5, 6.5, 8

Do you think I should request for a re-mark for the writing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2019
Qlife is 28k, while IOM should be over 40k.. U can do ur own resesrch too as there can be an update on the fees..
Maxihyfr:
Sorry.. do u know the amount to pay? For the 2?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 27, 2019
evergreen9:
I am looking for an affordable Canadian college that isn't as expensive as the others, I would like to study and build a career in Canada , fellow Nigerians abeg reply, please no scammers! thanks.

This question has been asked a million times and the reply is always the same...u can read from 250 to the present page or naturally u can type the bolded on Google ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 27, 2019
makano:
Olife is 28k, while IOM should be over 40k.. U can do ur own resesrch too as there can be an update on the fees..

Bro, were you able to the it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 27, 2019
obi4eze:
Please what are the pros and cons of doing upfront medicals?

Thanks

There are no pros or cons...just do it if u want to...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nuel101(m): 11:18am On Feb 27, 2019
Please do I need to write exams like SAT to get funding ?....or how do you guys do it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obi4eze(m): 11:20am On Feb 27, 2019
042viber12:

There are no pros or cons...just do it if u want to...

Thanks for your answer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 11:48am On Feb 27, 2019
makano:
Qlife is 28k, while IOM should be over 40k.. U can do ur own resesrch too as there can be an update on the fees..
Na Qlife is 35k!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 12:11pm On Feb 27, 2019
A Little Insight

I think the main thing with being on this page is that we should just keep going straight up without looking both sides for assurance or certainty, we have to be VISA YES!!! no Rules.

Am sorry if i have disenfranchised alot of People, I may not have noticed, I should also have know i am here with Nigerians where everything is possible no matter how absurd or irregular it may seem.
As a Science student if one situation is different , it is classed a Situation that doesn't work or Exist. It has to work for at least a percentage number of people to be deemed a feasibility. But here, if it worked for one person 10 years ago or yesterday, it is a way! Who Cares about the procedure?

I follow some foreign pages like Quora , and IMMHELP, ... I am amazed at how they offer advise. A "NO" is a "NO", A YES is a YES!
Nigerians are a difficult bunch of people, living on probabilities and prayers, how about common sense?

I have not helped anyone, said by someone here, .. when i help i have to come to your house to tell you.
The truth is bitter, that is the only thing i am sticking with, if you don't like it jump my Moniker.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.