Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862717 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Glowingx: 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
Orlarshaynee:
Please I need help, I have my first degree from a Nigerian Uni, masters degree from a UK uni and now I am looking at applying for a graduate certificate program in Canada, I want to know if it won't be an overkill to include my masters degree in my application. Also, I am aware of the FSW thingy for express entry and I'm also exploring that, however, I have heard that even I get into Canada through the express entry programme, getting a job wouldn't be easy and I may need to obtain a Canadian educational qualification even if its a diploma before I can easily be considered by job recruiters

P.S. Proof of funds and travel history aren't are problem for me, what are my chances of getting a student visa?.

Really if you have masters, a good ielts result,not up to 34 and at least 3years work experience ,u stand better chances of being a PR. I don’t know why you are looking for student visa. student visa route is more expensive and a longer process if ur aim is to stay back in Canada. If it’s about Canadian education, secure admission, apply through Express entry and you are good once application is approved
You pay less tuition fees plus other benefits as a Pr ,Who knows you might even secure a job with your other masters and forget about the admission.
3years stay cumulatively in canada, apply for citizenship

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2019
vibrant99:
I will quickly point out here in my sarcastic way, the desperate way we want to travel out of this by falling into all sort of troubles.

I have someone on my neck right now hell bent on college...

I gave my simple advice, "college is 10% Visa Assurance! They insisted we try, and the college policy is that they pay 10,000 Dollars for admission letter!
I advised against it but they insisted.

Let us be careful and slow to act.

I don't bliv that sir....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 2:30pm On Feb 26, 2019
No Problem sir...

Is Any Visa Assured even with the best documents and comportment?

But it can be said that you chances are high with ur situation and documents?

Using College reduces any chance if you have at all.

so if you have a 75% Chance, College reduces it by 10%.

I did not say College isnt good, but it dents you when it was meant to upgrade you application.

#FACT

042viber12:

I don't bliv that sir....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
Josade69:
Hello house,
Please how can one apply for the study permit and coop permit together. I'll like to do so as my master's course has a coop semester attached to it.

I would also like to find out if one can do additional work (not coop) while you are a student using your normal study permit, and how soon after arrival can you start work (the work is in the u university's health facility, so it's not a graduate assistant ship). Thanks guys for your expected responses.

Lemme give you a quick explanation of Co-op permit.
In your questionnaire or in the IMM form please make sure you select “YES” (for work permit) meaning that you’re gonna work.
Your program has a work requirement (unpaid, work integrated learning) as part of the program of study which will require you to apply for a Work Permit, along with your Study Permit. This work component will not constitute more than 50% of the total duration of the program. This permit is called a Co-op Work Permit and is issued for the purpose of all paid and unpaid work and work integrated learning that is part of an academic program.
Your study application will be treated as case type 59 which is different from study permit as case type 30.

Your LOA will authorize the work placement, and confirming that the work placement is required for the study program.
that's the only document you are submitting in regard to a Co-op work permit.

Now my two cent advice is, make sure you give the VO every reasonable doubt that you didn’t choose that course on purpose cause it requires work (to IRCC it is regarded as paid and unpaid work) which means according to them they will think they might pay you. cause it depends on the company or organization you’re working for they may decide to pay you just like internships).
Meanwhile, to the school, its regarded as unpaid work. mind you, it’s different from the general 20 hrs work per week for the student.
(So imagine the amount of work this VO will be thinking that you actually came for. Cause you’re working during your academy session and normal 20hrs work per week)

The co-op work permit allows you to work up to full-time during the semester, depending on the conditions of the work placement authorized by the DLI.

The co-op work permit is required regardless of whether the mandatory work placement is paid or unpaid.

You may simultaneously use a co-op work permit, and the standard work authorization granted to you in your Canadian study permit. This means that you may have a job unrelated to your study program, at the same time as working in the mandatory work placement.

The co-op work permit is a closed work permit, meaning it can only be utilized for one job and one employer. The employer is designated on the permit document as the educational institution authorizing the co-op placement.

The co-op work permit will also be issued for a specific time period as authorized by the coordinator of the student’s co-op work placement. Usually, this will coincide with the validity of the study permit.

There are no application fees for the co-op work permit.

I wish you the best of luck and make sure you have enough funds and convincing SOP.

Bless you.

@vibrant99 on the college issue, you are wrong, to some extent but 10% assurance is very low. Calm down bros, your blood too dey rush. (are you against college as a whole or the programme? Cause they do study pgd/c or diploma in university too)
Lotta People still get their visa approved with PGD/C in Nigeria

The truth is, Master Has more advantage in terms of getting the VISA compared to Pgd/c

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2019
Of all the advice BRACHA gave you... I didnt see where BRACHA asked why PGD instead of MSC

and that may be the reason though!
Raheembisi:

Thank you, yea I am going to get more financial document to support.even though the tuition is about 6k cad and I have enough for two years.I dont have any family in Canada at all.
I studied microbiology, applied for postgraduate diploma in food science in the university of Saskatchewan. The program is has division in food microbiology and my undergraduate course has prerequisites for it which I stated in the sop.i ordered the GMCs note to get more insight
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 3:02pm On Feb 26, 2019
Thanks alot
Bracha:
Please find attached a picture to help direct you. Use Tolu Ruth's direction from the picture. And it's from CMS.

I hope this helps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2019
OK. Thanks
Oluwaseunbd:

Depends on how u r going.from obalende or CMS, take a bus going to eko hotel VI...drop at the last bustop and den take keke frm there to Qlife
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gatsbym4(m): 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
So if you going for pgc it’s wahala again, what kinda stupid country did I find myself gan...is it everyone that wants to runaway ni...
No be their fault na, if naija good Wetin I Dey find...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 4hmvd: 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2019
@Raheembisi , please PM me or send me your email, it’s urgent.

Raheembisi:
Hello everyone, I have just been refused study visa(trying to take it with good faith) so I just requested gcms note but this is my profile. I'm 21yrs old. Graduated 2017 with a bsc did nysc last year. I applied Feb 10, got refused today.
I submitted all documents
Along with family birth certificate
Bank statement of above 10m my mum is the sponsor
Annuity fee from my deceased dad insurance of 1.9m
Land documents
School certificate
I applied for a post graduate diploma that is related to my course I even noted that I took 6units of it as an undergraduate degree.
Please I need urgent help on how to reapply , application was surprisingly fast and was processed in kenya
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ruthnnedi: 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2019
Good evening everyone!

I just want to share this testimony in order to give hope to June, July and August 2018 applicants that are still waiting.

My husband got admission into university of Alberta (masters), We applied for visa (am accompanying my husband) since 5th June 2018. Since then on response from the VO (no medical request)
We loss hope, even forgotten about our application (we moved on with our lives).

On the 14-2-2019 we got mail from VO for medical request. Our applications lasted 8 months and some days.

My problem now is am pregnant! Pls I hope it won't affect my medical report or my chances of getting visa. Thank you

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2019
Is doing a Medical a prerequisite for Approval? I doubt (I stand corrected)

Being pregnant is actually going to be a new development away from your application when it reflected on your medical, so Yes!

it could go both ways

ruthnnedi:
Good evening everyone!

I just want to share this testimony in order to give hope to June, July and August 2018 applicants that are still waiting.

My husband got admission into university of Alberta (masters), We applied for visa (am accompanying my husband) since 5th June 2018. Since then on response from the VO (no medical request)
We loss hope, even forgotten about our application (we moved on with our lives).

On the 14-2-2019 we got mail from VO for medical request. Our applications lasted 8 months and some days.

My problem now is am pregnant! Pls I hope it won't affect my medical report or my chances of getting visa. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raymondrain: 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
Good afternoon house.... I received a correspondent letter( validity of biometric) on my CIC account.... Does it mean final decision is close? Or they are still reviewing my eligibility and background information?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
gatsbym4:
So if you going for pgc it’s wahala again, what kinda stupid country did I find myself gan...is it everyone that wants to runaway ni...
No be their fault na, if naija good Wetin I Dey find...

Don't get it twisted bro.
They treat Nigeria far better than
Iraq, Iran, Venezuela, Pakistan, Somalia (even though IRCC ohishi [oga] is from Somalia) these are the countries am pretty sure of.
They treat Nigeria just as they treat Indians.
We dey get the visa very well Nah.
(most of these guys you see here, once they get their visa they will disappear, but if dem no get the visa, they will come here and cry for headache)

Please don't use the statistic of what you see here to generalize.

E never bad reach that level.
Package your application well and pray for grace

@ruthnnedi send an Email or webform to IRCC tell them about the new development (pregnancy) before you go for the medical examination.
Please make sure you inform the clinic or hospital about your pregnancy (if you're not heavy pregnant) before you undergo the test, cause the ray can cause some damages to your pregnancy
Good luck to you

@raymondrain
The final decision is pretty close. This development started last year August/September
But not applicable to may, June, July applicants that are still hopeful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by segbas(m): 4:57pm On Feb 26, 2019
hello house,

my sister graduated with a 3rd class in 2009, she has been working as a teacher for 7 years, during this time she has done some teachers professional courses. now she is planning to do a PGD in Education in Canada so that she can apply for Masters.

Kindly advice on University she can apply to. She residence in Qatar. your advice will be appreciated.
thank you while waiting for your advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nonipeter: 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2019
Frank please this is my story I was denied students Canada visa last year due to purpose of visit and they are not satisfied that I will come back after my studies, but if i get lmia from a company in Canada and convinced the visa officer I will come back after your my work permit expires will they give me visa please advice me well on which to use, is it to go for students visa or employment visa because I applied for University and also applied for work, please advice me well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 5:17pm On Feb 26, 2019
nonipeter:
Frank please this is my story I was denied students Canada visa last year due to purpose of visit and they are not satisfied that I will come back after my studies, but if i get lmia from a company in Canada and convinced the visa officer I will come back after your my work permit expires will they give me visa please advice me well on which to use, is it to go for students visa or employment visa because I applied for University and also applied for work, please advice me well

Say the truth, you don't need advice. You know the right thing to do.

PS: you are giving yourself a big red flag.

Be careful!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2019
I didn't ask because in this case, the PGD is a bridging program. All he has to do is explain the correlation between both courses properly and give valid and convincing reasons why he's chosen to do the program in Canada instead of Nigeria.

Also, he needs to look for a solid home tie and increase his prayers.

Cc @Raheembisi

vibrant99:

Of all the advice BRACHA gave you... I didnt see where BRACHA asked why PGD instead of MSC

and that may be the reason though!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2019
Asking for a friend.. Eligibility review started and biometric mail sent but upfront medical hasn't been passed.
Hope it's a good sign and how soon should there be an update??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by BankManager(m): 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2019
Austacus:

Don't get it twisted bro.
They treat Nigeria far better than
Iraq, Iran, Venezuela, Pakistan, Somalia (even though IRCC ohishi [oga] is from Somalia) these are the countries am pretty sure of.
They treat Nigeria just as they treat Indians.
We dey get the visa very well Nah.
(most of these guys you see here, once they get their visa they will disappear, but if dem no get the visa, they will come here and cry for headache)

Please don't use the statistic of what you see here to generalize.

E never bad reach that level.
Package your application well and pray for grace

@ruthnnedi send an Email or webform to IRCC tell them about the new development (pregnancy) before you go for the medical examination.
Please make sure you inform the clinic or hospital about your pregnancy (if you're not heavy pregnant) before you undergo the test, cause the ray can cause some damages to your pregnancy
Good luck to you

@raymondrain
The final decision is pretty close. This development started last year August/September
But not applicable to may, June, July applicants that are still hopeful
Hi bro..This is my first time of coming to this trend.I intend going for Masters in Canada. I studied Accounting, work in a very good company ,a bachelor.. Now,I want to leave this country this year.I have totally gave up on Nigeria.. HOW MUCH SHOULD I BUDGET FOR A MASTER'S DEGREE IN CANADA? I am going for a course that has a strong intersection between Accounting/Finance and IT....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 7:05pm On Feb 26, 2019
vibrant99:
I will quickly point out here in my sarcastic way, the desperate way we want to travel out of this by falling into all sort of troubles.

I have someone on my neck right now hell bent on college...

I gave my simple advice, "college is 10% Visa Assurance! They insisted we try, and the college policy is that they pay 10,000 Dollars for admission letter!
I advised against it but they insisted.

Let us be careful and slow to act.

Hello sir, I am open to learning. How did you come about your percentage? Please tell me how college reduces your chances of visa approval.

With all due respect sir, there are more Nigerians in Fanshawe college than in Western university of Ontario (both schools in London, you can check school websites to confirm). I am not telling you what I heard or read online, neither is this beer parlour gossip. I am telling you what I am presently experiencing at the moment. In my program, Logistics and supply chain management, we have 4 Nigerians in my class. The RCCG church in London Ontario (the largest and only RCCG church for blacks in London is filled with lots of Fanshawe students). You know the funny thing, we all are on 1 year visa and I am the only one that applied from London, UK, others were from Nigeria. I see so many blacks from other programs every day in school.

Before you put out figures, make sure you have proofs to back them up.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gbp2020: 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2019
Don't know how to use a pm works on here

BigUgo21:

please @ Gbp2020, my cgpa is 2.05. let's work together bro. I sent you a pm. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2019
vibrant99:
No Problem sir...

Is Any Visa Assured even with the best documents and comportment?

But it can be said that you chances are high with ur situation and documents?

Using College reduces any chance if you have at all.

so if you have a 75% Chance, College reduces it by 10%.

I did not say College isnt good, but it dents you when it was meant to upgrade you application.

#FACT

Some peole will not kill me with laugh on this forum. I never knew we had Visa officers on Nairaland, see the way he is even saying FACTS with confidence.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
Startup00:
My brother got admission in to Fanshawe College in Ontario for PGD via a travelling Agent and all payment for school fees was made via the Agent. He was denied visa early last year and he deferred his admission till September. He later had to defer his admission again till January because he didn’t get a response from the embassy about his visa application. Unfortunately he got denied late November and we’ve been on her neck for the refund of school fees till now.
Yesterday she’s told us she has gotten an alert of 2.8mllion for the refund while we paid a total of 4.3million to her. I have tried checking the college refund policy and I still don’t understand why the money is been reduced from her end. Pls has any one have such encounter with Fanshawe College before and how about there refund policy because we feel she’s scamming us due to the 4months it took her to get back to us.

Unfortunately, I have midterm exams tomorrow and Thursday. On Friday, mention my name on this post (please don't PM, just mention my moniker here) and I will help you escalate this issue.

I will go to the international office and ask them about their return policy. Please mention the name of your program, how much did you pay in CAD and will ask them about their return policy for Nigerians. If the agent defrauded you, I can tell you he will be removed from FANSHAWE system and further actions will be taken.

Whatever the office says, I will let you know here and probably ask for their contact so you can reach them directly.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Hello sir, I am open to learning. How did you come about your percentage? Please tell me how college reduces your chances of visa approval.

With all due respect sir, there are more Nigerians in Fanshawe college than in Western university of Ontario (both schools in London, you can check school websites to confirm). I am not telling you what I heard or read online, neither is this beer parlour gossip. I am telling you what I am presently experiencing at the moment. In my program, Logistics and supply chain management, we have 4 Nigerians in my class. The RCCG church in London Ontario (the largest and only RCCG church for blacks in London is filled with lots of Fanshawe students). You know the funny thing, we all are on 1 year visa and I am the only one that applied from London, others were from Nigeria. I see so many blacks from other programs every day in school.

Seriously love that course and the job prospects...lemme enter 1st..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:23pm On Feb 26, 2019
BankManager:

Hi bro..This is my first time of coming to this trend.I intend going for Masters in Canada. I studied Accounting, work in a very good company ,a bachelor.. Now,I want to leave this country this year.I have totally gave up on Nigeria.. HOW MUCH SHOULD I BUDGET FOR A MASTER'S DEGREE IN CANADA? I am going for a course that has a strong intersection between Accounting/Finance and IT....

Great to have you here (one love).
To be on a safer side 15 million and above
You can still get it with 10 million and above too
Peeps has gotten the visa with 5,6,7,8,9 million or even lesser than 5 million (everybody grace no be the same).

If you haven't gotten your admission yet, start working on it to secure fall admission(cause you're determined to travel this year).
Then come back here after the admission and ask your questions on how to go about with the visa.

PS: you can get a sponsor (dad, mom, sibling, uncle or Auntie) and use yourself as the auxiliary or co-sponsor

Good luck on your new journey.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by BankManager(m): 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
Austacus:

Great to have you here (one love).
To be on a safer side 15 million and above
You can still get it with 10 million and above too
Peeps has gotten the visa with 5,6,7,8,9 million or even lesser than 5 million (everybody grace no be the same).

If you haven't gotten your admission yet, start working on it to secure fall admission(cause you're determined to travel this year).
Then come back here after the admission and ask your questions on how to go about with the visa.

PS: you can get a sponsor (dad, mom, sibling, uncle or Auntie) and use yourself as the auxiliary or co-sponsor

Good luck on your new journey.
Thanks bro...#BlessUp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2019
One of the best post I have read in this forum. So encouraging only if you know.

By the mercy of God, I WILL BE THERE TOO AND I WILL BE A MEMBER OF THAT PARISH. GOD IS FAITHFUL. THANKS FOR THIS BRO!

Naijaforeigner:

With all due respect sir, there are more Nigerians in Fanshawe college than in Western university of Ontario (both schools in London, you can check school websites to confirm). I am not telling you what I heard or read online, neither is this beer parlour gossip. I am telling you what I am presently experiencing at the moment. In my program, Logistics and supply chain management, we have 4 Nigerians in my class. The RCCG church in London Ontario (the largest and only RCCG church for blacks in London is filled with lots of Fanshawe students). You know the funny thing, we all are on 1 year visa and I am the only one that applied from London, UK, others were from Nigeria. I see so many blacks from other programs every day in school.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2019
Very good!

You said you are there on a One yearVisa!
You said there are more Nigerians in Ur school than in another school? ( RCCG church isnt a Meeting point for Nigerians Schooling, there are catholic churches and the many more around).

When an analysis is made , it doesn't kill the point it tries to dissect, rather it gives you an in depth knowledge of it entirety!

I repeat, College reduces your chance of a VISA, (I saw something like a "1 Year Visa", You didnt give reasons why it should even be like that, or does being College also make you a 1 Year Visa Type unlike the University guys who get till expiration?)

If you can get admission to a MSC, Please do,... if you can't, then Be ready to work harder in your application with a College!!!

Naijaforeigner:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
042viber12:

Seriously love that course and the job prospects...lemme enter 1st..

Yes bro, so many opportunities.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
Determinedsoul:
One of the best post I have read in this forum. So encouraging only if you know.

By the mercy of God, I WILL BE THERE TOO AND I WILL BE A MEMBER OF THAT PARISH. GOD IS FAITHFUL. THANKS FOR THIS BRO!

Amen, God will do it for you as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 8:21pm On Feb 26, 2019
vibrant99:
Very good!

You said you are there on a One yearVisa!
You said there are more Nigerians in Ur school than in another school? ( RCCG church isnt a Meeting point for Nigerians Schooling, there are catholic churches and the many more around).

When an analysis is made , it doesn't kill the point it tries to dissect, rather it gives you an in depth knowledge of it entirety!

I repeat, College reduces your chance of a VISA, (I saw something like a "1 Year Visa", You didnt give reasons why it should even be like that, or does being College also make you a 1 Year Visa Type unlike the University guys who get till expiration?)

If you can get admission to a MSC, Please do,... if you can't, then Be ready to work harder in your application with a College!!!

Hello Sir, I think I have told you this before, stop giving out your opinion as facts. If you will come on a public forum and say FACTS and even include percentage, back it up with proofs.

Whenever you analyse issues based on your opinion, do not call them facts on a public forum with millions reading.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.