Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,243 members, 7,825,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (869849 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tormentor: 9:18am On Mar 01, 2019
Good morning, Please I did my medicals on the 20th of Feb and till now no update from IOM on whether it has been sent or not. plus no update on my portal signifying that i have done the medicals. From the posts i have read so far it does not take this long. How do you advice i proceed. or is this normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 9:57am On Mar 01, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Sorry I hardly respond to PM's due to the number of private messages I receive per day from prospective applicants. Please how may I be of help to you?. I will try my best to respond to those that have PMed me at my own pace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vikmeek: 9:59am On Mar 01, 2019
Hello From Sydney, Australia

I was in this race in 2017, I got denied by Canada only due to insufficient fund.

I changed focus to Australia. Now I’m happy getting here.

If Canada isn’t working, trust me is not the be destination in the world. Australia, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands are great places and are all giving Student Visas

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dhavemax36: 10:11am On Mar 01, 2019
Good morning house!
I recently got admitted at the University of Manitoba for masters in Mechanical Engineering thesis based, had my first degree in Mechanical Engineering also and I’m trying to put all the needed documents together for my Visa application.
The ish I’m having now is for my sponsor, he’s actually my boss and I’m confused on which of his account to use, his personal or the company’s account cos I want the whole thing to be as if he’s the one sponsoring me.
And also, does he have to pay any money into my account to show commitment.
Please I need help guys!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 10:15am On Mar 01, 2019
Maxihyfr:
Good morning...for online application... Wat column do i upload the land documents and properties??

Answers please??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dedecoder: 10:23am On Mar 01, 2019
Tormentor:
Good morning, Please I did my medicals on the 20th of Feb and till now no update from IOM on whether it has been sent or not. plus no update on my portal signifying that i have done the medicals. From the posts i have read so far it does not take this long. How do you advice i proceed. or is this normal?

Certainly, something is wrong somewhere if what you described above is the case. The timeframe between medicals and results forwarding to IRCC is 3 days if done at IOM.

Where this does not hold, it means there is an issue with your tests. Normally, if the contact you submitted to them is reachable, they should have called you to let you know what the issue is and the way forward.

I suggest you call or message IOM as soon as possible for clarifications. Shalom!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dedecoder: 10:24am On Mar 01, 2019
Maxihyfr:

Answers please??

Client's info section.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 01, 2019
vikmeek:

I was in this race in 2017, I got denied by Canada only due to insufficient fund.

If Canada isn’t working, trust me is not the be destination in the world. Australia, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands are great places and are all giving Student Visas

Is there a work permit in these countries?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 11:45am On Mar 01, 2019
Client information
Maxihyfr:
Good morning...for online application... Wat column do i upload the land documents and properties??

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 12:09pm On Mar 01, 2019
Tormentor:

Sorry.. apart from Intl passport.. wat oda docs is required for upfront medicals??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2019
vibrant99:
Is doing a Medical a prerequisite for Approval? I doubt (I stand corrected)

Being pregnant is actually going to be a new development away from your application when it reflected on your medical, so Yes!

it could go both ways

...not actually guaranteed but it could also be a positive sign
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tormentor: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
Maxihyfr:

Sorry.. apart from Intl passport.. wat oda docs is required for upfront medicals??

Call any of their phone numbers depending on your location abuja or lagos and book an appointment. When you do they will list out the materials you are required to come with for your medicals.
But from experience you will also need proof of payment and passport photographs

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2019
Tormentor:

Call any of their phone numbers depending on your location abuja or lagos and book an appointment. When you do they will list out the materials you are required to come with for your medicals.
But from experience you will also need proof of payment and passport photographs

Can i pls hv d address and phone numbers for IOM Abuja??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by opeyusuf: 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2019
snowlordng:
pls sir what's the name of the college

Memorial University Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by opeyusuf: 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2019
Bracha:
Hello,

Congratulations on your admission.
Your sister can be your sponsor.
What is required in the sponsor's account is tuition+10000cad; so in your case it is 6300cad+10,000cad.
I'm assuming your sister has other dependents apart from you, attached to her. Which means she should have way more than the 16300cad in her account, so that if she gives you the money, she can still have much left over for her other dependents. So, when applying (i.e submitting the statement of account), make sure she has way more than 17000cad in her account.

I hope this helps.

Thanks very much, it is very helpful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Startup00: 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Unfortunately, I have midterm exams tomorrow and Thursday. On Friday, mention my name on this post (please don't PM, just mention my moniker here) and I will help you escalate this issue.

I will go to the international office and ask them about their return policy. Please mention the name of your program, how much did you pay in CAD and will ask them about their return policy for Nigerians. If the agent defrauded you, I can tell you he will be removed from FANSHAWE system and further actions will be taken.

Whatever the office says, I will let you know here and probably ask for their contact so you can reach them directly.
sorry for the late reply and thanks for your response.
Program: Agric business
Amount paid in CAD: 15,104 CAD.
Naijaforeigner
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2019
JeffPhoenix:
Hi guys Im Jeff, great work here. Your works are very helpful.

Please I have a situation on my hands.
I have a sister in Canada who asked me to apply for a school there for my master's once done with my BSc. But unfortunately I didn't graduate with a second class upper. It has really affected my chances because she originally planned I will apply and get funding for the course... Toxicology under Biomedical Science in any university. Most unis in canada require a second class upper last I checked. ( pls you can correct me on anything here).
I mailed the graduate program assistant in the University of Guelph who told me that I could apply for upgrading... to upgrade my degree to enable me apply for the masters program.

1. Has anyone any experience in the upgrade and how it works

2. Does anyone know any school where I can apply for with my results and still get funding or a scholarship.

3. How much do you think the upgrade will be. ( mailed the undergraduate counsellor of the school... still waiting for their response but just thought should ask here as well)

4. Is there any additional information you could help me with. It'll be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Answer to point 2, you should also check Memorial University. They have a Graduate Diploma in courses related to Toxicology or Pharmacology etc but no guarantee of funding nor scholarship but an affordable tuition fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by snowlordng(m): 5:33pm On Mar 01, 2019
opeyusuf:

in Alberta right
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by snowlordng(m): 5:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
opeyusuf:

did you write ielts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by opeyusuf: 6:50pm On Mar 01, 2019
snowlordng:
did you write ielts

No I didn't, the varsity I graduated wrote a letter to them indicating that the language of instruction throughout my years of study was exclusively English
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
karamo kpo!!!

They didn't have to write letter, Canada officially recognizes Nigeria as English Taught!

opeyusuf:

No I didn't, the varsity I graduated wrote a letter to them indicating that the language of instruction throughout my years of study was exclusively English
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by snowlordng(m): 7:42pm On Mar 01, 2019
opeyusuf:

wow so it's possible ...pls can I have your contact I will be needing your help to solve on or two problem when am about to apply for my pgd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vikmeek: 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2019
042viber12:

Is there a work permit in these countries?

Work permit is very much available. In most of those countries casual workers earn more than professional workers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by opeyusuf: 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2019
snowlordng:
wow so it's possible ...pls can I have your contact I will be needing your help to solve on or two problem when am about to apply for my pgd

U can send me ur number to this mail address buzy.yusuf@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ALT2(m): 9:05pm On Mar 01, 2019
Sachuks:
Long Post Alert!

• Letter of Introduction from the lecturer I work with (as a Graduate Assistant).
• Letter of Introduction from my HOD/MSc Thesis Supervisor.

Hello bro, can you kindly share the content of the two letters above. It will surely help in my application, having worked with one of my lecturers in the past.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tormentor: 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2019
Maxihyfr:

Can i pls hv d address and phone numbers for IOM Abuja??
No. 4, Buchannan Close, off Buchannan crescent, off Aminu Kano Crescent Wuse 11, Abuja Tel: 080 9563 7898 080 8522 1427. E-mail: iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ALT2(m): 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
Hello house, I did business name registration for a consulting startup with some friends but we have not been able to get it off the ground so we all moved on with our lives with the hope of getting it to work later. I current run a small supply business which is not registered and I have build considerable cash flow in my account.

Can I use my business name certificate and soa alone as proof of employment and home tie?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2019
vikmeek:

If Canada isn’t working, trust me is not the only destination in the world. Australia, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands are great places and are all giving Student Visas

Congrats Vikmeek, I can remember vividly some time last year when you came here seeking for counsel because your study visa was denied DUE TO INSUFFICIENT FUNDS. It's good to know you exploited other alternatives and presently in a country as good as Canada. You're actually correct, everyone mustn't be in Canada. Sometimes we should be actually be grateful for some things don't work out the way we once wanted them to. When we get rejected, or we fail or things don't go our way. We feel we are farther away from our goal. However, sometimes its those moments that we have the greatest opportunity to reflect, refuel and refocus. If a door doesn't open, it's simply not your door. Often we are trying to climb latters that are not ours to climb. Is your dream really your dream? Are you chasing what you truly want?. Sometimes it takes a good fall to really know where you stand. Everytime we think we are being rejected for something good, remember you're just being redirected to something better. I wish people will know about this and make the most of it. I am not trying to discourage anyone out there from not trying, but the trial should be to an extent.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 10:32pm On Mar 01, 2019
Tormentor:

No. 4, Buchannan Close, off Buchannan crescent,
off Aminu Kano Crescent Wuse 11, Abuja
Tel: 080 9563 7898
8522 1427.
E-mail: iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:54pm On Mar 01, 2019
Dhavemax36:
Good morning house!
I recently got admitted at the University of Manitoba for masters in Mechanical Engineering thesis based, had my first degree in Mechanical Engineering also and I’m trying to put all the needed documents together for my Visa application.
The ish I’m having now is for my sponsor, he’s actually my boss and I’m confused on which of his account to use, his personal or the company’s account cos I want the whole thing to be as if he’s the one sponsoring me.
And also, does he have to pay any money into my account to show commitment.
Please I need help guys!

You're better off using your employer as your close relative (uncle) this makes more sense to me. The visa officer will surely throw diversity of questions at your application should you eventually use your employer as your sponsor for your study permit application. Questions of this kind will suffice on your application e.g;

1-) For how long have you worked for this employer that he wants to spend his hard earned money for an employee?
2-) What responsibilities do you hold in the company that deemed you fit for a scholarship/sponsorship from an employer.?
3-) What does the employer stands to gain as a result of this sponsorship?
4-) Will you be able to have continued access to funds from your employer's account during subsequent years of study in Canada? Etc..

Your sponsor should include both his business and personal bank statement as well as his CAC certificate to evidence that his business is legally registered in Nigeria and earning legitimate source of income. Certainly, he needs to pay at least your tuition or living expenses to show in your account or to your proposed institution in Canada to demostrate his eagerness and commitment in financing your study in Canada.

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.