Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866734 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2018
Hello people! Please i need assistance about an issue.
I went for my F1 student visa interview yesterday in Abuja; everything went well thanks to this forum.
The VO approved my visa and told me to have a nice study at the US. She handed me the white paper with the information on how to collect my passport and another small paper which stated congratulation on being approved F1 visa to US. The paper contained information on what to take along to the US when travelling.
To mt surprise, I checked my status and it has been showing administrative processing. Only for me to check it now and I saw REFUSED.
Please does anybody know what is wrong?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
Sorry bout ur refusal, but please next time shine ur eyes before posting tho, cos this is Canadian study permit thread. Peace
yemiteantho:
I went for my F1 student visa interview yesterday in Abuja; everything went well thanks to this forum.
The VO approved my visa and told me to have a nice study at the US. She handed me the white paper with the information on how to collect my passport and another small paper which stated congratulation on being approved F1 visa to US. The paper contained information on what to take along to the US when travelling.
To mt surprise, I checked my status and it has been showing administrative processing. Only for me to check it now and I saw REFUSED.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mightyola: 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2018
Thank you oo. Whether VO in Syria, Iraq, Timbuktu,Zimbabwe,Libya or Mogadishu. Just put your documents together, do your best. What will be will be. Pray to God. Let your Destiny lead you.

Naijaforeigner:
Let me say this loud and clear, do not let anyone put fear in you unnecessarily.

Why are you choosing online? Is it cos you need your passport or cos you are trying to avoid “Kenya demons”? If the latter is the case, then you are defeated already. It is a mindset game.

There is no demon anywhere that can stop what is yours when you have God with you. Put all your documents, make sure there are no errors in your LOE and SOP, put in hard work by reading through past pages, submit your application and put the rest in Gods hands.

Don’t let anyone put fear in you, carefully choose what you need on this forum and discard what is not necessary. Good thing is no one here is the VO.

If you end up been delayed, reapply cos it is not the end of the world.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mightyola: 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2018
Sorry for your refusal, what is wrong?... You are on the wrong Thread. Follow this link https://www.nairaland.com/4672093/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/93, perhaps they have answers.

yemiteantho:
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tosan28: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
mightyola:
Thank you oo. Whether VO in Syria, Iraq, Timbuktu,Zimbabwe,Libya or Mogadishu. Just put your documents together, do your best. What will be will be. Pray to God. Let your Destiny lead you.

I concur
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by galala123(m): 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
henricson:
Please for the guys who submitted passport at vfs for visa stamp, what was the latest you got it back? Was told 5-10 working days. Just submitted this morning, hoping to get it back latest by Friday next week as my sick leave will end by Friday next week and have to resume work on Sunday, had to fly from ph yesterday.

Guys any answer to this?
@goingforward, @galala123, @naijaforeigner

You should get it before Friday next week (not this week oh). Too late but you could have as well paid courier fees so it is sent to your chosen destination. Anyway, I can understand how your blood will be boiling to collect it asap.

Submitted mine in Abuja on a Thursday and it was back the next Friday (about 8 days later). It would have come back a day before but for the recent aviation workers strike. If you submitted in Lagos, I expect the transit to be faster.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by alftdbts: 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
AloneTK:

"Visa Denial" is different from being "Denied Entry". If you were turned back at the point of entry, then you can click yes. But if it was only your visa application that was refused, I do not think that could count as being denied entry

Please do not give any wrong information on this thread. Oga biko, na God I use take beg you. Have you read that part of the form very well, it has a, b, c. (been rejected visa, or denied entry). Don't redefine it cus it is clear to understand. Once you paid for visa and went for interview at any country's embassy but you were denied! That part affects you and you expected to state it clearly even if you don't know the reasons behind your denial. They re waiting patiently for that part and VOs just need you to lie and bye bye to your application and visa fee. So state every country. Even for US visa once you lie, it is finished. Cus the can see everything on their screen especially for it's still the same passport no:.

I have seen a VOs screen from a movie before, my dears it is full and filled with information. Much more that that of a bank teller. A lot of your profile/information pops up once your passport no:. is entered on their systems.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by galala123(m): 3:07pm On Oct 16, 2018
mightyola:
Sorry for your refusal, what is wrong?... You are on the wrong Thread. Follow this link https://www.nairaland.com/4672093/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/93, perhaps they have answers.
Na confusion.... I feel the person's pain and hope it is an error, though I've come to realise computers hardly make mistakes. Could they have checked something that didn't add up after?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by alftdbts: 3:13pm On Oct 16, 2018
Tosan28:

Lol! Was surprised too. May it take them that short to approve my visa the next time I apply �

Amen! just keep faith and reload your cannons. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2018
I celebrate you guys tenacity and all, to all may , June and July applicant.. I greet all of us.. please rather than argue and fight please let’s unite in faith , believe and prayers since we are all for same cause..
I will like to add that most app that takes longer than normal is cos most( not all app) is undergoing Secondary review.. Secondary review is triggered at the discretion of the Visa Officer to get proper documentation I think .. so let’s pray and hope that secondary review doesn’t take long

I feel the pains etc and to this that have their trv congrats to you ..

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TedExNairaland: 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2018
Pls guys I graduated with a 3rd class in Estate Management. Will I be able to apply for a PGD or should I just apply for a fresh BSc in Canada, bearing in mind that I am over 30yrs? I hope to study at memorial university Newfoundland

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tosan28: 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2018
alftdbts:

Amen! just keep faith and reload your cannons. All the best.

Thank you ✌�️
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mightyola: 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
You see those Americans,they are the most unpredictable people when it comes to things like this. Could be a background check who knows.

galala123:
Na confusion.... I feel the person's pain and hope it is an error, though I've come to realise computers hardly make mistakes. Could they have checked something that didn't add up after?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mightyola: 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ur app since June?.

sleekysoft:
I celebrate you guys tenacity and all, to all may , June and July applicant.. I greet all of us.. please rather than argue and fight please let’s unite in faith , believe and prayers since we are all for same cause..
I will like to add that most app that takes longer than normal is cos most( not all app) is undergoing Secondary review.. Secondary review is triggered at the discretion of the Visa Officer to get proper documentation I think .. so let’s pray and hope that secondary review doesn’t take long

I feel the pains etc and to this that have their trv congrats to you ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by alftdbts: 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
yemiteantho:
Thanks.

Heyaa sorry about that. Haaa that's a big deal oh. Don't know if you can appeal or not but you need to know the exact reasons for subsequent denial. Cus the white paper is 90% approval except if they noticed some discrepancies on your document during administrative processing which includes putting the counterfoil on your passport, they also put you in their database for admissibility to the US. Was your SOA or any other docs held from you So go back to the supposed visa pickup center and if negative go to the embassy and complain, open your mouth and claim your POSSESSION if you get the chance for a dialogue with any consular representative.

And also PRAY HARD, I mean seriously well, God can still overturn tables for you and it would be termed 'A GLITCH' make hin no be say those birdmen and birdwomen don hear the good news.

I'm certain 95% of those handed white paper got their visas on passport so why should your case be different.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by canadabyfire: 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
@galala123......bros we are waiting for the full success story ooh...or is it after landing in canny?.....

galala123:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kemmyk: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2018
Good afternoon here.....plss is urgent...i nid to knw something, i was just given admission into 2 colleges in canada for (winter academic section) which is in January.... And visa processing takes more than 3months so i here...now the schools gave me deadlines to pay my tuition fees( though am picking one school)..... The problem now is should i go ahead and make my payment or defer the admission.... And even if am to defer do i still need to pay the fees in order to secure the admission down
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mykhelz958: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
Hi guys please who knows how long the university of ottawa takes to issue admission. applied since 1st of september against fall 2019 (engineering management). Any idea??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2018
Tosan28:

Lol! Was surprised too. May it take them that short to approve my visa the next time I apply �

Amen Tosan... Hoping to see you in humber in January, starting pgc in project management winter program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

All things been equal, you should get your passport within 10 working days.

Although mine took 5 weeks but I think mine took so long because I applied for my visa in London and then got my passport request Letter and then travelled back to Lagos to submit my passport.

Wow... That's like 25 working days. Hoping I get it before next week Friday. Thanks man!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by alftdbts: 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
kemmyk:
Good afternoon here.....plss is urgent...i nid to knw something, i was just given admission into 2 colleges in canada for (fall academic section) which is in January.... And visa processing takes more than 3months so i here...now the schools gave me deadlines to pay my tuition fees( though am picking one school)..... The problem now is should i go ahead and make my payment or defer the admission.... And even if am to defer do i still need to pay the fees in order to secure the admission down

Fall semester was Aug/September and Winter semester is January/Feb. "You said Fall which is in January" was that your own mistake or the schools'
What's the name of the school, DLI and deposit deadline? Scammers could take your money if one chooses to remain a novice. I know someone who just got schooled loosing a few hundreds of thousands.

Give more details for proper advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tosan28: 3:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
henricson:

Amen Tosan... Hoping to see you in humber in January, starting pgc in project management winter program.

Amen �. I hope so too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2018
galala123:
You should get it before Friday next week (not this week oh). Too late but you could have as well paid courier fees so it is sent to your chosen destination. Anyway, I can understand how your blood will be boiling to collect it asap.

Submitted mine in Abuja on a Thursday and it was back the next Friday (about 8 days later). It would have come back a day before but for the recent aviation workers strike. If you submitted in Lagos, I expect the transit to be faster.

Lol... At blood is boiling to collect! You know every.
That means you got yours in 5 working days. I decided to wait to collect it since I'm flying and on sick leave at work to resume Sunday next week. I still got time... Thanks baba!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kemmyk: 3:58pm On Oct 16, 2018
@alfdbts sorry for the mistake, i mean 'winter'not fall....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
alftdbts:

Fall semester was Aug/September and Spring is January/Feb. "You said Fall which is in January" was that your own mistake or the schools'
What's the name of the school, DLI and deposit deadline? Scammers could take your money if one chooses to remain a novice. I know someone who just got schooled loosing a few hundreds of thousands.

January is winter program bro. You're correct about fall being September though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2018
kemmyk:
Good afternoon here.....plss is urgent...i nid to knw something, i was just given admission into 2 colleges in canada for (winter academic section) which is in January.... And visa processing takes more than 3months so i here...now the schools gave me deadlines to pay my tuition fees( though am picking one school)..... The problem now is should i go ahead and make my payment or defer the admission.... And even if am to defer do i still need to pay the fees in order to secure the admission down

If you choose to pay school fees, be sure to verify their refund policy. You can apply for winter program if you have all your documents ready, especially now that it's been observed that September and October applications are being handled swiftly.
Last I checked you don't need to pay school fees if you defer an admission.

Wish you the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TedExNairaland: 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2018
henricson:

If you choose to pay school fees, be sure to verify their refund policy. You can apply for winter program if you have all your documents ready, especially now that it's been observed that September and October applications are being handled swiftly.
Last I checked you don't need to pay school fees if you defer an admission.

Wish you the best

Bro, please the summary of my true situations is this.

1) I graduated with a 3rd class in Estate management

2) because I use to be in a private school before I left in at my 3rd yr, after the death of my late dad, I cldnt continue after his death due to finance. Mumsy cldnt afford my school fee because she wasn't working and we are five children. So i had to restart in a government uni after hustling for 2yrs.

3) in gaining admission with the hope of going for NYSC, I reduced my age and trust government uni, strike was a problem and again, my course was 5yrs.

Now these are my questions.

1) Will I be able to do a PGD with my grades and won't my age contradict when my transcript age is different from the age on my waec result.
Won't it affect my admission or visa application?

2) will it be advisible to go and restart a fresh BSc there, bearing in mind that I am above 30yrs now?

3) when applying for international passport, what age should I use, My waec age(real) or my affidavits age (university/Transcript).

Finance is not the problem anymore. Popsy's benefits have been paid which is more than enough and mumsy is willing sponsor me to move out.

Will appreciate your candid advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 4:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
alftdbts:

Fall semester was Aug/September and Spring is January/Feb. "You said Fall which is in January" was that your own mistake or the schools'

Correction: winter (December, January and February in canada)
Spring (match, April and May in canada)

Fall (September, October and November in canada)

Summer (June, July and August in canada)

Bless up.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 4:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
Yes boss
mightyola:
Ur app since June?.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 4:31pm On Oct 16, 2018
Tosan28:
Good morning. I have been a silent reader here for a while now .
I submitted my application for a pgd program (Humber college winter 2019)
Online 24th of September
Biometrics: 26th of September
Refused study permit: 5th of October

Attached letter of refusal. I plan on re applying. I guess it's because i did not pay my tuition fee. It's a 2 years program.

sorry about the delay, where was your app process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
jandj:

Depends on what u consider as remaining back. A prayer for all hopeful is not remaining back.

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tosan28: 4:33pm On Oct 16, 2018
Lagos2canna:

sorry about the delay, where was your app process

London

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.