Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (864661 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
TedExNairaland:
Pls guys I graduated with a 3rd class in Estate Management. Will I be able to apply for a PGD or should I just apply for a fresh BSc in Canada, bearing in mind that I am over 30yrs? I hope to study at memorial university Newfoundland

Oh yes of course! You can apply for a PGD after which you'll go further to start your Master's program if you want. This is a better option than going to start a fresh BSc program considering your age and again, the VO may want to refuse you a visa citing your age as a factor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
Heeheeen !! Who told you a 3rd class degree can later go for masters after completion of PGD in Canada ?
Felixsun20:

Oh yes of course! You can apply for a PGD after which you'll go further to start your Master's program if you want. This is a better option than going to start a fresh BSc program considering your age and again, the VO may want to refuse you a visa citing your age as a factor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tijaniacs: 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2018
June applicant how far?
Has anyone gotten medical call?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tijaniacs: 6:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
Any medical request yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TedExNairaland: 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
Asapant:
Heeheeen !! Who told you a 3rd class degree can later go for masters after completion of PGD in Canada ?

So please what are u suggesting I do. Cos I intend to further my education or start again outrightly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 16, 2018
TedExNairaland:

Bro, please the summary of my true situations is this.

1) I graduated with a 3rd class in Estate management

2) because I use to be in a private school before I left in at my 3rd yr, after the death of my late dad, I cldnt continue after his death due to finance. Mumsy cldnt afford my school fee because she wasn't working and we are five children. So i had to restart in a government uni after hustling for 2yrs.

3) in gaining admission with the hope of going for NYSC, I reduced my age and trust government uni, strike was a problem and again, my course was 5yrs.

Now these are my questions.

1) Will I be able to do a PGD with my grades and won't my age contradict when my transcript age is different from the age on my waec result.
Won't it affect my admission or visa application?

2) will it be advisible to go and restart a fresh BSc there, bearing in mind that I am above 30yrs now?

3) when applying for international passport, what age should I use, My waec age(real) or my affidavits age (university/Transcript).

Finance is not the problem anymore. Popsy's benefits have been paid which is more than enough and mumsy is willing sponsor me to move out.

Will appreciate your candid advise.

Hey chief! I'd rather you use the age on your transcript/affidavit. Some people do not include their WAEC or NECO certificates in their documents since they will be going for a postgraduate study. Use the age on your university documents and I'd advise you leave out your WAEC certificate in your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 16, 2018
Asapant:

Buddy, I won't come to an online platform and be saying things that are not true.
Universities of Toronto, Saskatchewan, MUN, Simon Fraser, Western Ontario in London, Lethbridge, etc. all do it. Because you're not aware doesn't mean it's non-existent.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ibeli0: 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2018
Na sis o...
Austacus:

Bros, go to children practice ikoyi, as early as possible tomorrow for your medical...beg them for space (as e dey hot grin grin grin)
Oooh you base in abuja.
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 7:26pm On Oct 16, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

grin grin.... Thank you very much my dear friend. We shall all be in maple land soon by the grace of God.
Happy birthday to my friend and brother,ay God perfect His work in your life. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TedExNairaland: 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
Felixsun20:

Hey chief! I'd rather you use the age on your transcript/affidavit. Some people do not include their WAEC or NECO certificates in their documents since they will be going for a postgraduate study. Use the age on your university documents and I'd advise you leave out your WAEC certificate in your application.

Thanks for that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
Tosan28:
@Frankrobbn1

Sponsor: Uncle
Sponsor's acc: 61m .
Personal acc: 5.1
Sponsor's letter
Court affidavit from sponsor
Sop
Letter from sponsor's company
Employment letter
Bsc/trascript
Cac document of my business
Landed document and sponsor's
Sponsor's data page and visas
My IT professional certificate
Police report
Birth certificate of i and my brother.
Offer letter from Humber
Nysc certificate 2014

What I can Remember I submitted so far.

I studied Business Administration for Bsc going for
a pgd program in Global Business Management Humber
Close to 3 years work Experience in Sales dept
Graduated 2013

Sorry for the delay, try and order for your GCMS note to know what really happened. Your profile looks ok but like I said, your GCMS note will give detailed reason(s) why your app was denied.
NB: How old are you? Have you heard of Express Entry (EE)? It is another sure route that most people tend to overlook.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
TedExNairaland:

Bro, please the summary of my true situations is this.

1) I graduated with a 3rd class in Estate management

2) because I use to be in a private school before I left in at my 3rd yr, after the death of my late dad, I cldnt continue after his death due to finance. Mumsy cldnt afford my school fee because she wasn't working and we are five children. So i had to restart in a government uni after hustling for 2yrs.

3) in gaining admission with the hope of going for NYSC, I reduced my age and trust government uni, strike was a problem and again, my course was 5yrs.

Now these are my questions.

1) Will I be able to do a PGD with my grades and won't my age contradict when my transcript age is different from the age on my waec result.
Won't it affect my admission or visa application?

2) will it be advisible to go and restart a fresh BSc there, bearing in mind that I am above 30yrs now?

3) when applying for international passport, what age should I use, My waec age(real) or my affidavits age (university/Transcript).

Finance is not the problem anymore. Popsy's benefits have been paid which is more than enough and mumsy is willing sponsor me to move out.

Will appreciate your candid advise.

Sorry what you responded to wasn't meant for you.
You can apply for a pgd since you are over 30, but it doesn't mean you wouldn't get visa if you apply for a fresh degree program. Just ensure you have a convincing SOP.
On the issue of your age, all I can say is ensure you age is the same on all the documents you're applying with to avoid a ban, cause oyibo hate lies and misinformation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
alftdbts:

Lol... noted, don't mind me. I dey mix Yankee application with Canada own. January is start of Spring semester for US study visa.

I see... Ok.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2018
Please April , May , June and July please show yourself here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 7:42pm On Oct 16, 2018
ibeli0:
Applied on 13th September online medical request email received on 12th October IOM abuja fully booked till November earliest available date I got for medical is 29th Oct ...am keeping calm cos it I shall surely end in praise.

Gate crash that sh*t... Go early if you have to, you're on your way to approval. They're really working on September.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TedExNairaland: 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2018
henricson:

You can apply for a pgd since you are over 30, but it doesn't mean you wouldn't get visa you apply for a fresh degree program. Just ensure you have a convincing SOP.
On the issue of your age, all I can say is ensure you age is the same on all your documents to avoid a ban, cause oyibo hate lies and misinformation.

Thanks I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
Austacus:

London VOs have decided to ignore April, May, June, July and August.

September applications are running like Usain Bolt
What is solution to this? Another week will end soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2018
Asapant:

Asapant, you didn't drop your email again?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by litterbug(f): 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
Applied July 25th
Biometrics July 30th
Still on background check

sleekysoft:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2018
sleekysoft:
Lol..............how market .........London V.O are on strike oooooh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 7:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
litterbug:
Applied July 25th
Biometrics July 30th
Still on background check

For July applicants I see mass approval.......Just be calm

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bennycrown(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
Big Amen to that
Lagos2canna:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ibeli0: 8:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
My brother its gate crash that gave me 29th meehn..
henricson:

Gate crash that sh*t... Go early if you have to, you're on your way to approval. They're really working on September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Labims: 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
Hi guys! Pls who knows anyone that has gotten study permit despite having express Entry profile...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TedExNairaland: 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
henricson:

You can apply for a pgd since you are over 30, but it doesn't mean you wouldn't get visa if you apply for a fresh degree program. Just ensure you have a convincing SOP.
On the issue of your age, all I can say is ensure you age is the same on all the documents you're applying with to avoid a ban, cause oyibo hate lies and misinformation.

Sorry boss, just want to ask what SOP means. I'm new here and not familiar with some of the terms and abbreviations used here .

Thanks once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by litterbug(f): 8:31pm On Oct 16, 2018
Amen ooooo... from your mouth to God's ears...
Lagos2canna:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 8:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
You leave June lol
Lagos2canna:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Linzo(m): 8:53pm On Oct 16, 2018
mcobex:
Sorry for the delay, try and order for your GCMS note to know what really happened. Your profile looks ok but like I said, your GCMS note will give detailed reason(s) why your app was denied.
NB: How old are you? Have you heard of Express Entry (EE)? It is another sure route that most people tend to overlook.
Please let us forget these GCMS of thing because its a waste of time and money. I suggest you should order for GCMS only when the VO raises alarm relating to false documentation or stuff like ban etc. Why do I say this? a correspondence letter normally comes with your refusal email which will state the reasons for refusal, tackle those points raised by VO and reapply.
If you order GCMS you will still get same generic reasons already given, so why waste time and money? Let forget these GCMS of a shit and move forward

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Concate(f): 9:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
Labims:
Hi guys! Pls who knows anyone that has gotten study permit despite having express Entry profile...

Hi,

I have EE profile and recently got my study permit approval. Yes, it is possible.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
TedExNairaland:

Sorry boss, just want to ask what SOP means. I'm new here and not familiar with some of the terms and abbreviations used here .

Thanks once again

Statement of purpose...it's a letter u write stating everything about you A-Z,your family, what they own, what you do, why you want to study in Canada, why the school you have chosen etc...since u ain't doing a one on one interview, that's what the Visa officer reads to tell him or her if u are to be offered visa or not...thats why we here emphasis on it...it has to be well structured, straight to the point and each item u mention on it, u must have a document backing it up...if u are gonna lie, make sure your lie is backed up airtight...Peace...wish you well

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2018
makano:
Happy Birthday Frank, God shall grant you all ur heart desires, including this Canadian Visa.

Amen! My sure Bro makano. God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2018
Hello folks, i wanted to ask about undergraduate studies in Canada. I want to take up another BSc but now in Canada and Computer Science. Please what are the steps to be taken. Is SAT necessary?

I just noticed Brandon University too

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.