Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,718 members, 7,824,043 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (869255 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 16, 2019
Benwems:

No working experience. Do you know any other University that accepts 2:2 outside Newfoundland ?? Thanks a lot for your response.
Check University of Saskatchewan in as much your last two years CGPA is 70%
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Igbouwanile(m): 11:11am On Mar 16, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

It's my pleasure to hear from you again bro. My plan for PR is already on track. Hoping for a more excellent outcome. Thanks for the elite wishes. I say AMEN to your prayers. It's nice having you around here today.
Oh! that's good to hear, I sincerely wish u the best of luck bro, waiting for the good news on when to rcv you here..
Regards cool

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Benwems(m): 11:23am On Mar 16, 2019
Ayodeji787:

Check University of Saskatchewan in as much your last two years CGPA is 70%
What do you mean by last 2 years CGPA is 70% because my 400 and 500(final year) CGPA was on a 2:2
Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by damidam(f): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2019
Benwems:

What do you mean by last 2 years CGPA is 70% because my 400 and 500(final year) CGPA was on a 2:2
Regards.
He means that your current GPA in your last four semesters must be 70%...i.e your GPA for those last semesters must be a 2.1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 16, 2019
Benwems:

Regards.

Hoops, I'm sorry. You do not meet the minimum requirement.

Why consider applying to the US
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 16, 2019
damidam:
He means that your current GPA in your last four semesters must be 70%...i.e your GPA for those last semesters must be a 2.1

Hey, what'sup bro? How are you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Benwems(m): 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2019
Ayodeji787:

Hoops, I'm sorry. You do not meet the minimum requirement.

Why consider applying to the US
This means not possible for direct masters in Canada with a 2:2 ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2019
Oyalfares:
Thank you so much for the clarification
5 SOAs include
1)my savings
2) salary account
3&4) husbands savings and business account
5)our joint business account

There is no harm though but in my opined view, this seems much. You can at least maneuver your financial capability around two SOAs then support it with an investment certificate if in possession of one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:43pm On Mar 16, 2019
Okattamgbee:
Greetings all,

I have a friend who is willing to pay in my tution fee into my bank account and i will be making a tuition deposit from the money.
My question; is it still compulsory for him to print his statement of account owing to the fact that the money was transferred to my account and i have enough balance to cover up other expenses aside the tuition fee?

Thanks and anticipating a candid response from anyone.

Some an applicants mistake two things as one when satisfying the VOs on one's ability to meet financial capability. I will use your case to make a brief explanation based on the excerpt from your question which you have been able to meet/show "proof of funds" for your studies in Canada.

The second aspect is to justify the "source of funds" which certainly you would have included some business/employment(economic) documents to back the source of funds and including the SOA gives your claim further credence which proves to two things:

1. If the said person is your sponsor, it shows the ability to meet personal responsibilities and catering for any intended needs after the funds dole out for your studies.

2. That outside the sponsorship funds made available to you, there is a reliable financial inflows irrespective of the purpose.

To answer your question; yes! It is compulsory and it will be also sagely if you include yours too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obianorafael: 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2019
hey Guys,
please I would love to know if there are universities that offer free Daycare for single moms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by resumepro(m): 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2019
Greetings to everyone,
Thanks so much for your prompt responses.

I have issues here.

In my first application, I did Biometric and I was also called for medicals in June which i did and I passes it.. was eventually refused visa on the long run.
Here is my Question, I'm ready to re-apply now and i want to know:
- will i do Biometric again (my first biometric was done less than a year ago)
- will i also do another medical ( my last medical was done less than 10 months ago)

Please i need answers to these two as i need to start my Online application today. Please help!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2019
For sure you don't need to do biometrics, it has a 10yrs lifespan.
Why were you refused if I may ask?
resumepro:
Greetings to everyone,

I have issues here.

In my first application, I did Biometric and I was also called for medicals in June which i did and I passes it.. was eventually refused visa on the long run.
- will i also do another medical ( my last medical was done less than 10 months ago)

Please i need answers to these two as i need to start my Online application today. Please help!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by opeyusuf: 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Not true! It depends on your field of study. Some universites in Canada do offer PGD. Generally, colleges offer numerous PGD programs than universites. What's your field of interest? I could possibly play around with my internet.

If a company is willing to sponsor and employ me after completing my study in Canada

What are the documents needed to support study permit application from the company

Thanks, u have been very helpful in this group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frank274: 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2019
Emmyirab:
Approval alert!!!

Hello family, passport request just dropped!
Online application, submitted July 26th,
Biometrics done on July 30th,
Eligibility review started and medical mail dropped on December 19th,
Medicals exam done on December 21st,
Medical passed and passport request on December 28th.

Course: BSc. Computer science.
University: University of Regina.

My personal docs;
1) Data page of my international passport
2) My birth Certificate
3)Certificate of origin
4)National Identification number slip
5)Affidavit of return
6)Evidence of 500 CAD tuition deposit (required by the school)
7) WAEC Result
cool Highschool transcripts
9) Skill acquisition program transcript and certificate (Certificate from computer lessons I attended after highschool)
10) TOEFL report (I did this when I was applying to the US. It isn't required, I just added it for show off)
11) The data page of my profile on a Nigerian university's portal, as evidence of admission into the university.
12) A page from Vanguard newspaper, showing that diploma programs were cancelled for universities by the National University Commission in October 2016.
13) My personal bank account statement showing inflow of money for the few months I have worked independently (100k+).
14) A good SOP (very important!)

Financial documents:
1) Letter of sponsorship and declaration of sponsorship, stating the money in one of my dad's account is set apart for the first year of my tuition and living expenses.
2) Data page of my dad's international passport
3) My dad's statement of Account showing he has over
15 million Naira set aside fir tuition and living expenses for the first year.
4) Letter of reference from my dad's employer. This is attached with his salary account’s statement showing the inflow of his salary every month end.
5)My dad's work complementary card
6) Receipt of 500 CAD tuition deposit, required by the university.
7) Declaration of asset, stating some of my dad's assets.
cool Affidavit of ownership of one of his landed properties
9) Affidavit as to sold land (This is to justify a huge lump in my dad's account statement)
10) My dad's business registration document.
11) Deed of conveyance, agreement papers and receipts of some of my dad's landed properties.
12) Survey plan of one of my dad's landed properties.
13) Government approved building plans of some of my dad's landed properties.
14) Pictures of some of my dad's landed properties.

I was a student of one of the Nigerian universities doing a diploma program. Almost two years into the program, the NUC scrapped diploma programs for universities. I was broken! So I decided to study abroad.

I applied for a visa to study in the US five times within a period of one year!
I couldn't get past the interviews cos I couldn't explain myself to the VO (kind of an introvert).
So I decided to try Canada once and if I didn't get the visa, I would give up any hope left of studying abroad. Fortunately my first application has just been approved.

I have never crossed Nigerian borders. That is, I have no travel history.

Observation:
I'm not a guru, but from my observation spending a lot of time on the US student visa thread and this Canada student visa thread;
The VOs know there is a 70% chance of we not returning to Nigeria after graduation, but they can't deny all applications based on this fact. So they want someone who shows potential of adding something positive to Canada, incase the person doesn't return to his/her country.
They key is just "self-hype". In my SOP, the way I hyped myself, you'ld think I thought Zuckerberg how to code.
(Hype yourself with sense sha)

Note: The above doesn't mean you should neglect saying you will come back to Nigeria. In my SOP, I stated some career opportunities for computer science graduates in Nigeria.

I fasted and prayed too. God did his part and I did mine. Thanks to God.

Special thanks to Frankreubben.
This guy went out of his way to teach me things I didn't know about the visa process. I too go ask am question!.. lol.... Thanks a lot brother.
Thanks to everyone who shared their profile and contributed in one way or the other to this thread.

To the hopefuls, "It shall end in praise!"

Congratulations bro. Please send me your Sop brandonjames.j@yahoo.com

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
resumepro:
Greetings to everyone,

I have issues here.

Canada new biometrics rules (fingerprints & photo) started from 31st of July 2018.
In your case, you would need to provide another biometrics. your medicals is still valid (expiration for medical is 1 year).

Good luck in your next application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:17pm On Mar 16, 2019
obianorafael:
hey Guys,
please I would love to know if there are universities that offer free Daycare for single moms

Apply for preschool (daycare, childcare or nursery) for your child in the province or territory where your school is located.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 16, 2019
Please my gurus in the house, can someone please tell @Maziude 1 of Ottawa , that i need him to respond to my email request. I know he is probably busy but It is urgent please, I am begging. Please if you know him personally kindly help me with his email address... Help!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2019
Glad to be here! Good day house, pls how can I reapply for study permit for the reasons • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied. Pls help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
Woow, refusal after passing Medical requested by the embassy? Its well

To answer ur questions:
1. No u wont need to do another biometrics for the next 10 years
2. Ur medical is valid for 1 year, meaning it still remaining 2 months. So I will advise u put up a tight re-application before May 2019. If I may ask, why was ur visa refused, when were you refused and for how long was ur application before it got refused?
resumepro:
Greetings to everyone,

I have issues here.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 9:14pm On Mar 16, 2019
Congratulations bro. Please send me your Sop oluwaseunmatthew28@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tajmal: 9:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
Hi everyone. I wish to apply for study permit in the coming days. My school resumes in May. Should I apply through paper application or online application? Which one is faster? Please provide advise!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 10:16pm On Mar 16, 2019
Pls I need good sop to tackle my refused application..... Pls ooo!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 10:22pm On Mar 16, 2019
To whom it may concern

Find out if your biometrics are still valid

https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 10:23pm On Mar 16, 2019
Pls I need good sop to tackle my refused application..... Pls ooo! lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2019
Biot34:
Glad to be here! Good day house, pls how can I reapply for study permit for the reasons • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied�. Pls help me

Sorry for your denial, wat u need isn't just an sop. U also need an LOE to tackle the reasons why u were denied b4 u write another and more convincing sop.. no1 here has the best sop and no1 can just give u an sop...it's something u write totally on your own..u can Google sop samples that can put u through...the bottom line about an sop isn't just looking at wat another person write but u need to convince the VO yourself on your own..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2019
tajmal:
Hi everyone. I wish to apply for study permit in the coming days. My school resumes in May. Should I apply through paper application or online application? Which one is faster? Please provide advise!

This question has been asked a million times and answered a million times...u can read from the last 3-5pages of this thread to see a more concrete and defined answer...but to summarize...both a good..none is better than the other..its all based on your preference and the time u have for both...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alfarrouk: 12:22am On Mar 17, 2019
Bro,

if you dont mind, can you send your SOP to i.alfarrouk@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

And is the LOE the same as the SOP?

Emmyirab:
Approval alert!!!

Hello family, passport request just dropped!
Online application, submitted July 26th,
Biometrics done on July 30th,
Eligibility review started and medical mail dropped on December 19th,
Medicals exam done on December 21st,
Medical passed and passport request on December 28th.

Course: BSc. Computer science.
University: University of Regina.

My personal docs;
1) Data page of my international passport
2) My birth Certificate
3)Certificate of origin
4)National Identification number slip
5)Affidavit of return
6)Evidence of 500 CAD tuition deposit (required by the school)
7) WAEC Result
cool Highschool transcripts
9) Skill acquisition program transcript and certificate (Certificate from computer lessons I attended after highschool)
10) TOEFL report (I did this when I was applying to the US. It isn't required, I just added it for show off)
11) The data page of my profile on a Nigerian university's portal, as evidence of admission into the university.
12) A page from Vanguard newspaper, showing that diploma programs were cancelled for universities by the National University Commission in October 2016.
13) My personal bank account statement showing inflow of money for the few months I have worked independently (100k+).
14) A good SOP (very important!)

Financial documents:
1) Letter of sponsorship and declaration of sponsorship, stating the money in one of my dad's account is set apart for the first year of my tuition and living expenses.
2) Data page of my dad's international passport
3) My dad's statement of Account showing he has over
15 million Naira set aside fir tuition and living expenses for the first year.
4) Letter of reference from my dad's employer. This is attached with his salary account’s statement showing the inflow of his salary every month end.
5)My dad's work complementary card
6) Receipt of 500 CAD tuition deposit, required by the university.
7) Declaration of asset, stating some of my dad's assets.
cool Affidavit of ownership of one of his landed properties
9) Affidavit as to sold land (This is to justify a huge lump in my dad's account statement)
10) My dad's business registration document.
11) Deed of conveyance, agreement papers and receipts of some of my dad's landed properties.
12) Survey plan of one of my dad's landed properties.
13) Government approved building plans of some of my dad's landed properties.
14) Pictures of some of my dad's landed properties.

I was a student of one of the Nigerian universities doing a diploma program. Almost two years into the program, the NUC scrapped diploma programs for universities. I was broken! So I decided to study abroad.

I applied for a visa to study in the US five times within a period of one year!
I couldn't get past the interviews cos I couldn't explain myself to the VO (kind of an introvert).
So I decided to try Canada once and if I didn't get the visa, I would give up any hope left of studying abroad. Fortunately my first application has just been approved.

I have never crossed Nigerian borders. That is, I have no travel history.

Observation:
I'm not a guru, but from my observation spending a lot of time on the US student visa thread and this Canada student visa thread;
The VOs know there is a 70% chance of we not returning to Nigeria after graduation, but they can't deny all applications based on this fact. So they want someone who shows potential of adding something positive to Canada, incase the person doesn't return to his/her country.
They key is just "self-hype". In my SOP, the way I hyped myself, you'ld think I thought Zuckerberg how to code.
(Hype yourself with sense sha)

Note: The above doesn't mean you should neglect saying you will come back to Nigeria. In my SOP, I stated some career opportunities for computer science graduates in Nigeria.

I fasted and prayed too. God did his part and I did mine. Thanks to God.

Special thanks to Frankreubben.
This guy went out of his way to teach me things I didn't know about the visa process. I too go ask am question!.. lol.... Thanks a lot brother.
Thanks to everyone who shared their profile and contributed in one way or the other to this thread.

To the hopefuls, "It shall end in praise!"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Moyoskid: 2:56am On Mar 17, 2019
hello guys, am not really new here. i joined nairaland few days ago. reading comments, post and lot more. long story, short... i have a friend who finished for secondary school 2014, she applied for america student visa, got denied ( crythrough an agent). i have been reading several post about Canada processing. but she does not know how she can start processing... she applied to a school in Canada(waiting for the school response). she does not want to make use of an agent (spent hundreds of thousand) , so please i need someone who can put me through so i can help her with her processing.
thank u

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.