Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (868507 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abelorode: 3:26am On Mar 17, 2019
Good day guys. Can someone clarify on this issue.
When is a police report/certificate required? Is it required during the time of submitting your application for evaluation, or after your application has been approved?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 6:45am On Mar 17, 2019
abelorode:
When is a police report/certificate required? Is it required during the time of submitting your application for evaluation, or after your application has been approved?
Police clearance is not a requirement for getting your study permit. It is added as a supporting document. So if you intend to add it, it should be added with other supporting documents when you're submitting your application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 6:54am On Mar 17, 2019
Hello E-family.
About the Police Character Certificate.
If you didn't do it alongside your application, it is advisable to get it before traveling to Canada, because most employers require it. You do not have history in Canada, so they will want to make sure wherever you are coming from, you have a good history.
So the certificate is some what important whether you are adding it to your application or not.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ggetter50: 7:46am On Mar 17, 2019
Ayodeji787:

Hey, what'sup bro? How are you?
Hi bro, I contacted you but I have not received your feedback based on the info you asked me. Please I'm looking forward to seeing your reply.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by trishaben: 8:14am On Mar 17, 2019
Moyoskid:
hello guys, am not really new here. i joined nairaland few days ago. reading comments, post and lot more. long story, short... i have a friend who finished for secondary school 2014, she applied for america student visa, got denied ( crythrough an agent). i have been reading several post about Canada processing. but she does not know how she can start processing... she applied to a school in Canada(waiting for the school response). she does not want to make use of an agent (spent hundreds of thousand) , so please i need someone who can put me through so i can help her with her processing.
thank u
HI, you can put yourself through by simply reading through the thread and previous threads. Thanks�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by snowlordng(m): 8:36am On Mar 17, 2019
Alfarrouk:
Bro,

if you dont mind, can you send your SOP to i.alfarrouk@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

And is the LOE the same as the SOP?

bro pls who's is frank I also need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 8:44am On Mar 17, 2019
About the SOP and LOE.
Normally, the Letter of Explanation, LOE, and the Statement of Purpose, SOP, are the same thing. But for the purpose of the group, we describe LOE as a letter containing explanations that tackle all the reasons for your previous refusal. LOE should only be done if you have been refused the Canadian visa before.
SOP is the document that includes; your introduction, why you chose the course, school, Canada, how you intend to pay for your fees, your career goals and how you intend to accomplish them........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2019
Good day house, happy Sunday! Pls can I still apply may or I should apply for September? Pls I need your advice. PLEASE NOTE: You are eligible to start your studies at the beginning of any one of the following semesters. It is suggested
that you arrive in Regina a few days before the start date:
2019 Winter Semester starting on January 8, 2019 [1]
2019 Spring/Summer Semester starting on May 1, 2019 [2]
2019 Fall Semester starting on September 1, 2019 [3]
* some classes begin in May while others begin in July
I
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 10:11am On Mar 17, 2019
Biot34:
Good day house, happy Sunday! Pls can I still apply may or I should apply for September? Pls I need your advice. PLEASE NOTE: You are eligible to start your studies at the beginning of any one of the following semesters. It is suggested
that you arrive in Regina a few days before the start date:
2019 Winter Semester starting on January 8, 2019 [1]
2019 Spring/Summer Semester starting on May 1, 2019 [2]
2019 Fall Semester starting on September 1, 2019 [3]
* some classes begin in May while others begin in July
I�
You won't be able to meet up with the spring semester, its less than two months away.
Apply for the Fall(September).

I am also going to Regina.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gatsbym4(m): 11:42am On Mar 17, 2019
My people, happy Sunday
Still on my application, can I use my uncle in Canada as my secondary sponsor, won't it affect my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:45am On Mar 17, 2019
resumepro:
Greetings to everyone,
Thanks so much for your prompt responses.

I have issues here.

In my first application, I did Biometric and I was also called for medicals in June which i did and I passes it.. was eventually refused visa on the long run.
Here is my Question, I'm ready to re-apply now and i want to know:
- will i do Biometric again (my first biometric was done less than a year ago)
- will i also do another medical ( my last medical was done less than 10 months ago)

Please i need answers to these two as i need to start my Online application today. Please help!!!

Question 1: if you underwent your biometrics prior before July 31, 2018 then you certainly needs to do a new biometrics which will be valid for a period of 10yrs except maybe for a PR which you might be required to undergo a new biometrics.

Question 2: Medicals stays valid for 12 moths(1yr)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abelorode: 11:49am On Mar 17, 2019
Thanks I appreciate this.

Emmyirab:

Police clearance is not a requirement for getting your study permit. It is added as a supporting document. So if you intend to add it, it should be added with other supporting documents when you're submitting your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:51am On Mar 17, 2019
Biot34:
Pls I need good sop to tackle my refused application..... Pls ooo!

There are lots of SOP samples online, and I even noticed a sample uploaded to the first page of this thread. Do well to check and be guided, but if you can't still go your way about it, send a PM and i'll charge you a token for it.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abelorode: 11:51am On Mar 17, 2019
Anyone applied to the University of Windsor here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
abelorode:

Its an additional documents that's included prior before the submission of your application but just in case you've already submitted and deem it suitable to help your application then you can either send via a webform or email, or both.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2019
Emmyirab:
About the SOP and LOE.
Normally, the Letter of Explanation, LOE, and the Statement of Purpose, SOP, are the same thing. But for the purpose of the group, we describe LOE as a letter containing explanations that tackle all the reasons for your previous refusal. LOE should only be done if you have been refused the Canadian visa before.
SOP is the document that includes; your introduction, why you chose the course, school, Canada, how you intend to pay for your fees, your career goals and how you intend to accomplish them........

Valid points! Also, in addendum: the LOE is also use to explain study gaps and other reasons/changes of/in an applicant's application to the VO

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
gatsbym4:
My people, happy Sunday
Still on my application, can I use my uncle in Canada as my secondary sponsor, won't it affect my application.

Sure you can, given there is valid and legal documents to back such sponsorship
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hi Nairaland Family,

I was reading old threads and came across an old tradition that I believe would benefit all of us. If you are a 2019 TRV applicant, kindly share your profile so that we can rub minds together to establish a timeline as to how CIC operates.

This idea was initiated by jnyuwa02

Please see the template below to guide the information you’re to share

1. Sanwo-olu
Applied online- Jan 25th
Biometrics- Jan 31st
Eligibility started- Feb 24th
No medical request yet.
As of today current status still shows eligibility review and background check

2. Buhari555
Applied via paper - Feb 12th
Upfront medicals updated - Feb 20th
Eligibility review - March 1st

3. Rochas
Applied Online - Jan 5th
Biometrics - Jan 6th
Medical request - Feb 28th
Passed medicals - March 5th
Haven’t heard back on final offer

Hoping for the best for us all!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cappymayor: 1:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hello all the gurus in the house,i'm very new to this thread and i have read several post regarding Canadian study permit. I need your views on my profile to see if i'm on the right path .

i will finish my undergraduate program in hospitality management in 3 months time here at a university in Moscow,Russia with a 2.1 in which my projected destination is Canada for my Masters program,did my research in universities that offer hospitality management but unfortunately got one university that offer that program(University of Guelph) after so many university research, but there are so many colleges that offer hospitality management. Some threads pointed that applying for a post graduate certificate might decrease a chance of getting a study permit.

1.....do i stand a better chance applying from Russia or Nigerian. (i'm a legal resident here ,so i think that solve my immigration status)

2.....what chance do i have if i apply for a college post graduate certificate in hospitality management

3.....I'm married with a child in Nigeria,and i have an hospitality business that offer catering services,event services in Nigeria that is newly registered this year in my name,is that enough home tie back to Nigeria?

4.... considering the fact my sponsor is a Russian ,is that a problem?

thanks to everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 17, 2019
Some should help me pls...

[qquote author=Juleskiki post=76716895]Please my gurus in the house, can someone please tell @Maziude 1 of Ottawa , that i need him to respond to my email request. I know he is probably busy but It is urgent please, I am begging. Please if you know him personally kindly help me with his email address... Help!!![/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 3:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
Applied online February 20th
Biometrics done February 25th
Background check in progress

sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland Family,

I was reading old threads and came across an old tradition that I believe would benefit all of us. If you are a 2019 TRV applicant, kindly share your profile so that we can rub minds together to establish a timeline as to how CIC operates.

1. Sanwo-olu
Applied online- Jan 25th
Biometrics- Jan 31st
No medical request yet.

2. Buhari555

3. Rochas
Applied Online - Jan 5th
Biometrics - Jan 6th

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 17, 2019
@Frankrobbn1, pls help

[qquote author=Juleskiki post=76716895]Please my gurus in the house, can someone please tell @Maziude 1 of Ottawa , that i need him to respond to my email request. I know he is probably busy but It is urgent please, I am begging. Please if you know him personally kindly help me with his email address... Help!!![/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alfarrouk: 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2019
Thanks Man

Emmyirab:
About the SOP and LOE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by omolorlarh: 4:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
Worth checking out. I saw on epicrich page on IG and decided to share

Full funded position at university of Saskatchewan
in the department of mechanical engineering: pipeline safety(MSC)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kenola01: 5:17pm On Mar 17, 2019
Happy Sunday my people. Pls,I need someone who is informed to help me review my SOP....... I’m a second time applicant..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AgroNACT(m): 5:20pm On Mar 17, 2019
omolorlarh:
Full funded position at university of Saskatchewan
in the department of mechanical engineering: pipeline safety(MSC)

Wow! Congratulations. When did you apply and how is the funding regime stated?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by omolorlarh: 5:36pm On Mar 17, 2019
AgroNACT:

Wow! Congratulations. When did you apply and how is the funding regime stated?

I have modified my post.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yacha77: 5:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
Yacha77

Applied via paper- Jan 31st
Background check till date
sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland Family,

1. Sanwo-olu
Applied online- Jan 25th
Biometrics- Jan 31st
No medical request yet.

2. Buhari555

3. Rochas
Applied Online - Jan 5th
Biometrics - Jan 6th

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by resumepro(m): 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2019
Happy weekend!

I NEED HELP WITH MY ONLINE APPLICATION.

I'm almost done with my Online application but i need help here.
Since I did medicals and passed in my first application(Less than 10 months ago), Now, i'm re-applying and on this second application...
please what do i do to the space requesting i upload "Proof of upfront medical exam (required)" so i can submit

I have uploaded all forms as requested but i can't submit the application. I can't even see any submit button.

Please what can i do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Swtibogirl88: 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2019
Good evening guys,i got accepted into saskatchewan polytechnic for Disability support worker certificate program. its an eight months programme.
my question is this, will it recognised as one year diploma programme after am done also, can i easily apply for PR after the i complete the programe?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 8:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
Swtibogirl88:
Good evening guys,i got accepted into saskatchewan polytechnic for Disability support worker certificate program. its an eight months programme.
my question is this, will it recognised as one year diploma programme after am done also, can i easily apply for PR after the i complete the programe?
Thank you

1. You will get approx. One year work permit.
2. You need to have one year work experience to apply for PR
3. The chances of getting trv approved is low because an 8month program doesn't convince vo's that you are going to return home.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2019
resumepro:
Happy weekend!

I NEED HELP WITH MY ONLINE APPLICATION.

I'm almost done with my Online application but i need help here.
Since I did medicals and passed in my first application(Less than 10 months ago), Now, i'm re-applying and on this second application...
please what do i do to the space requesting i upload "Proof of upfront medical exam (required)" so i can submit

I have uploaded all forms as requested but i can't submit the application. I can't even see any submit button.

Please what can i do?

I will suggest you contact the hospital you did your medical and inquire if you can get a copy of your medical result so you can attach it. Also note that medical is only valid for 12months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.