Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866420 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2019
Man like Austacus please we are still waiting for the hint/secret na.. May/June/July applicants dey for queue abeg.. If its secretive for u not to put it up here, then I can PM you and I will send to ma fellow comrades.. Abeg this wait is killing a brother... Am sure u understand the condition we find our selves.. 9 Months of waiting, so Please Let us know the hint, Abeg..
Austacus:

Are you may/June July applicant?
This is not a easy way to get your visa approved bro

It’s only applicable to those that have been waiting like methuselah on how to get the full attention of the VO handling their application
Prolly not for new applicants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jey4all(m): 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2019
I have been offered admission at Humber college for a diploma course Welding techniques for fall and I am currently a resident in Sweden. I have been denied visa last year when I was in Nigeria. My question is I am the one sponsoring myself from Sweden. Do I need proof Of how I got the money in my account. Please I need advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pwettybii: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hello gurus pls I need help ,pls frank or any guru in the house pls I want someone to help me look through my documents before i submit my application.hi frank I tried sending u a pm,I am quite new here so I don’t know if it went or not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 8:29pm On Apr 06, 2019
jey4all:
I have been offered admission at Humber college for a diploma course Welding techniques for fall and I am currently a resident in Sweden. I have been denied visa last year when I was in Nigeria. My question is I am the one sponsoring myself from Sweden. Do I need proof Of how I got the money in my account. Please I need advise

1. Could you give a summary of your education history?
2. Reason you were denied last year and the program you applied for then?
3. What's your status in sweden?
4. Your current job?

When you answer the above questions then. You can get the best council.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2019
Pwettybii:
Hello gurus pls I need help ,pls frank or any guru in the house pls I want someone to help me look through my documents before i submit my application.hi frank I tried sending u a pm,I am quite new here so I don’t know if it went or not.please�����,my email address is barbaraonyeuka@yahoo.com

Why dont you just list out the documents you submitted and you will be advised on whay needs to be added or removed. Break it down in three categories:
A. Sponsor documents
B. Education credentials and work experience
C. Misc. Documents

Lastly, you could get someone to review your sop if you have one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pwettybii: 8:42pm On Apr 06, 2019
Qudkom:

Why dont you just list out the documents you submitted and you will be advised on whay needs to be added or removed. Break it down in three categories:
A. Sponsor documents
B. Education credentials and work experience
C. Misc. Documents

Lastly, you could get someone to review your sop if you have one.
i need someone to help me review my sop especially
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Sommie2012: 9:08pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hello everyone. Pls I will like to get a scholarship or funding in any Canadian university that gives such offer. I am thinking of uni of Manitoba. Is there anyone that can give me updates on what d funding is like? Pls i need a contact. I studied Industrial Chemistry. Tnx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ILoveDLord(m): 9:20pm On Apr 06, 2019
No I didn't get a supervisor.

My MSc is not thesis based, but course based. Per information from MUN, course based MSc is not eligible for university funding. I didn't want to go through the stress of seeking for university funding, even though I think I may have been qualified for it.

Also I wanted a programme that is fast track, shorter duration compared to a thesis based programme

So if you want funding from the university you will have to apply for a thesis based MSc or if you are going PhD you are eligible for funding too.

But one can still apply for scholarships from other sources once the program commences.

xcaper:
Congratulations on your approval, did you get a supervisor before you applied for the program at MUN and did you get any scholarship or funding?.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jey4all(m): 9:35pm On Apr 06, 2019
Qudkom:

1. Could you give a summary of your education history?
2. Reason you were denied last year and the program you applied for then?
3. What's your status in sweden?
4. Your current job?

When you answer the above questions then. You can get the best council.
I have Hnd in welding and fabrication engineering.
2. Insufficient funds in sponsors account
3. I applied for construction project management at fanshawe college,
4. I have a student permit here in Sweden.
5. I work part time here in Sweden

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2019
Maybe wait it out since you've already applied... When does your school resume?

Care to share your timeline?

Anamekele:
Please someone should help me.I have been thinking of going to do medical before CIC request since I have heard from them since march 18th that i did biometric. Please is it a good idea?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by xcaper(m): 9:46pm On Apr 06, 2019
Okay thank you for the feedback
ILoveDLord:
No I didn't get a supervisor.

My MSc is not thesis based, but course based. Per information from MUN, course based MSc is not eligible for university funding. I didn't want to go through the stress of seeking for university funding, even though I think I may have been qualified for it.

Also I wanted a programme that is fast track, shorter duration compared to a thesis based programme

So if you want funding from the university you will have to apply for a thesis based MSc or if you are going PhD you are eligible for funding too.

But one can still apply for scholarships from other sources once the program commences.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2019
Yes my resumption date is may 6th and the school said they can defer my admission again since I have deferred before.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 9:57pm On Apr 06, 2019
jey4all:

I have Hnd in welding and fabrication engineering.
2. Insufficient funds in sponsors account
3. I applied for construction project management at fanshawe college,
4. I have a student permit here in Sweden.
5. I work part time here in Sweden

If you were rejected based on financial reasons only then tackling that shouldn't be difficult. I also dont think you needed to change program. But as long as there Is a reasonable progression in your studies and work experience then you are good to go. I'll also suggest the following:
1. Get a sponsor, no VO will believe you can sponsor yourself as a student in Sweden.

2. If you have a registered company or parent company (Lets say a registered engineering company) then you can use this in your favour and state in your sop you wanna bring back innovative ideas to your company/parent company.

3. Make sure you pay tuition deposit or if possible a full tuition deposit for a whole semester.

4. If you are capable I will advise you contact banks in canada and get a GIC (Guaranteed Investment certificate) to pay your living expenses for a year that way you've cleared the VO's doubt about financial capabilities.

5. You have no issues with travel history so you are good to go.

6. You need a detailed SOP and you need to stay a clear and passionate reason why you need to go over to canada for the program rather than sweden or even in Nigeria. You can state the breakthrough in welding techniques in Canada lead you to the choice, a high demand of highly skilled welders in Nigeria etc.

7. Don't forget to get a sponsor letter and 2-3 property documents.

All the best......

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
Pwettybii:
i need someone to help me review my sop especially
Hit the dm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hello fam, please, how can one make payment for PTE exams. I try using a master card to make payment, its not working, saying payment decline. I dont know if am doing the right thing. Please gurus in the house, tell me any other alternative to make pay for the exam. Its urgent.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kenny4real68: 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2019
Good day everyone, I wish to appreciate each and every one of you for your kind efforts in helping one another, more especially the monikers; austacus, justmellow, frankrobbn1, makano, 042viber, and host of others.

My study permit for post secondary diploma in environmental science at a college was refused dec 25th based on purpose of visit and family ties. I graduated with a sharp 2.1 in microbiology (4.21/ 5.0). On January 4th i applied for a masters program in pharmacology at University of Manitoba and I have been accepted .

Currently am done with my SOP , then while writing my LOE (addressing my refusal reason purpose of visit ), I became confused if am to give any reason(s) why I abandoned my previous post secondary program (Environmental science) for an entirely different MSC course on (Pharmacology).

Will trying to explain complicate issues for me? Or should I just focus on my current program without mentioning or bringing the previous program into the picture?
Please I need your kind opinions..
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hello fam, please, how can one make payment for PTE exams. I tried using a master card to make payment, its not working, saying payment decline. I dont know if am doing the right thing. Please gurus in the house, tell me any other alternative to make pay for the exam. Also, someone should please help me with some materia. Its urgent.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
Yes my resumption date is may 6th and the school said they can't defer my admission again since I have deferred before. Please that is why am asking if it us good for me to do medical before they call for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jey4all(m): 10:25pm On Apr 06, 2019
Qudkom:

If you were rejected based on financial reasons only then tackling that shouldn't be difficult. I also dont think you needed to change program. But as long as there Is a reasonable progression in your studies and work experience then you are good to go. I'll also suggest the following:
1. Get a sponsor, no VO will believe you can sponsor yourself as a student in Sweden.

2. If you have a registered company or parent company (Lets say a registered engineering company) then you can use this in your favour and state in your sop you wanna bring back innovative ideas to your company/parent company.

3. Make sure you pay tuition deposit or if possible a full tuition deposit for a whole semester.

4. If you are capable I will advise you contact banks in canada and get a GIC (Guaranteed Investment certificate) to pay your living expenses for a year that way you've cleared the VO's doubt about financial capabilities.

5. You have no issues with travel history so you are good to go.

6. You need a detailed SOP and you need to stay a clear and passionate reason why you need to go over to canada for the program rather than sweden or even in Nigeria. You can state the breakthrough in welding techniques in Canada lead you to the choice, a high demand of highly skilled welders in Nigeria etc.

7. Don't forget to get a sponsor letter and 2-3 property documents.

All the best......
i have paid the deposit for the fees. Thanks for the insight

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 10:28pm On Apr 06, 2019
Congrats Austacus, I am so happy for you, God is the greatest. You have been so helpful on here, God bless you. You shall share many more testimonies of God's greatness in your life in Jesus name (amen).

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kenny4real68: 10:33pm On Apr 06, 2019
Good day everyone, I wish to appreciate each and every one of you for your kind efforts in helping one another, more especially the monikers; austacus, justmellow, frankrobbn1, makano, 042viber, and host of others.

My study permit for post secondary diploma in environmental science at a college was refused dec 25th based on purpose of visit and family ties. I graduated with a sharp 2.1 in microbiology (4.21/ 5.0). On January 4th i applied for a masters program in pharmacology at University of Manitoba and I have been accepted .

Currently am done with my SOP , then while writing my LOE (addressing my refusal reason purpose of visit ), I became confused if am to give any reason(s) why I abandoned my previous post secondary program (Environmental science) for an entirely different MSC course on (Pharmacology).

Will trying to explain complicate issues for me? Or should I just focus on my current program without mentioning or bringing the previous program into the picture?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 10:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
Anamekele:
Please someone should help me.I have been thinking of going to do medical before CIC request since I have heard from them since march 18th that i did biometric. Please is it a good idea?

It is neither a good nor bad idea.
You just have to weigh the pros and cons.

Personally, I would do the medical at my earliest convenience, just to get it over and done with because then you can just immediately upload the results / paper you get from the hospital when you get the notification to do the Medicals instead of having to secure an appointment at that time.

A con is your medical is valid for a year so in the case that your application is refused you have a shorter time period to reapply using same result.

To a large extent getting the medical request is a sign that bar any red flags in your eligibility/background check (I forget which step comes after now) you would be granted the study permit, so actually waiting to get the request if it comes might help calm your nerves and put your mind at ease.

Hope this helps

UPDATE

I just read that your resumption is May 6 and you can’t defer again. I would definitely do the medicals if i can get it done so I can just update when/if you get the request. If I’m not mistaken, I believe you can add the results of the medical to your profile even before you get a request ? I would need someone to verify that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
Kenny4real68:

Thanks.

I was previously denied based on purpose of visit, and this was because I didn’t explain the lack of progression between my previous course and my intended course. Your GCMS note would shed more light on your case but if I were to guess I would think it’s a similar reason.

In order to address the reason for your previous denial you need to explain the change in program in a way that should not complicate issues because it should show your circumstance has changed. The fact that you chose a logical progression MSc after Bsc and a health science subject Pharmacology should help your case if explained convincingly.

As per your previous choice, you could say you chose it because certain elements of the course appealed to you but after the refusal you discovered the pharmacology program and realized it complements / is a progression to your previous degree. There are numerous ways you could spin it.

In your LOE you should try to explain that since you were denied, you reapplied to a program that shares similar foundations / courses with your previous course and also shows progression and how it benefits you and how you intend to apply that knowledge in Nigeria (that whole spiel). I’m sure you would have already gone into details in your SOP on why you chose Pharmacology.

I think one would have to read your GCMS note and LOE in order to say/know for certain how you should go about explaining the change in course but I think you should definitely talk about it in your LOE.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
jey4all:

Definitely follow Qudkoms advise. I can’t find the option to delete my previous post.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mzjokky16: 11:16pm On Apr 06, 2019
my intention was to submit my application and wait for medical request, atleast, when your medical is being requested for, that means ur application is 80% sure.
i stand to be corrected
95seun:

It is neither a good nor bad idea.
You just have to weigh the pros and cons.

Personally, I would do the medical at my earliest convenience, just to get it over and done with because then you can just immediately upload the results / paper you get from the hospital when you get the notification to do the Medicals instead of having to secure an appointment at that time.

A con is your medical is valid for a year so in the case that your application is refused you have a shorter time period to reapply.

Conversely, to a large extent getting the medical request is a sign that bar any red flags in your eligibility/background check (I forget which step is after now) you would be granted the study permit, so actually waiting to get the request if it comes might help calm your nerves and put your mind at ease.

Hope this helps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Felagot: 12:20am On Apr 07, 2019
palesta:
I have a first degree in electrical engineering since 2014, after which I went for nysc the following year 2015. Three years on since, I have been in the UAE working but in quite unrelated field to which I studied. I, in two attempts, couldn't get a masters admission in Canadian university with CGPA 3.4
Now I have admission in energy management for 1year graduate certificate,
admission in electrical engineering control system for 3year advanced diploma,
a fresh bachelors degree admission in Environmental engineering,
and admission for a 2 year advanced diploma fast tract in energy system engineering. All admissions for Fall 2019.
Please, good people, I need advice on which one to follow for best study permit/visa chance considering my odd job and study gap. I want to apply from UAE. I got no wife, kid or business firm and am self sponsored. My budget can comfortably take the 1year and two year programs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Amahjosh(m): 12:30am On Apr 07, 2019
Please Can some someone give me the breakdown book a date for Upfront Medicals in any of the both IOM and Q-life. And also drop their address in Lagos because i stay in Anambra and the best advice in other to avoid staying long to minimize cost for hotel bills.

And I want to include a Co-sponsor who is a distance paternal uncle, but he ready to be my co-sponsor what and what points i should include in my SOP to prove we are related and he wants to sponsor me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Sommie2012: 5:29am On Apr 07, 2019
chibertha:
I hail oh
see you at MUN internationalization office in Sept.

Hello..pls I sent u a PM, wanna ask few questions. Kindly acknowledge pls. Tnx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Sommie2012: 5:50am On Apr 07, 2019
iblion:
please how do we convert our NIgerian CGPA to canadian CGPA, most schools ask for 3.o or 2.5 CGPA. urgent help guys. thanks

U van use online converter by WES. Its on a 4.0 scale but u need to input all d units nd scores of all courses on ur transcript. Goodluck.

https://applications.wes.org/igpa-calculator/igpa.asp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by justwise(m): 6:17am On Apr 07, 2019
ILoveDLord:
OK wonderful people!

THIS IS MY STORY, THIS IS MY SONG.

Post is a bit LONG OOOOOO

APPLICATION FOR MSC ADMISSION
-----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------

In all God be praised!

Keep the hope alive. It shall be well

O my God!

GUYS APPROVAL ALERT! This morning!!

I'm overwhelmed! I am coming back!!

Please leave this long post on quote, I put it on quote before but you removed it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 6:54am On Apr 07, 2019
If there is a quickteller option while trying to pay, use it.
Silin:
Hello fam, please, how can one make payment for PTE exams. I tried using a master card to make payment, its not working, saying payment decline. I dont know if am doing the right thing. Please gurus in the house, tell me any other alternative to make pay for the exam. Also, someone should please help me with some materia. Its urgent.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Sommie2012: 8:17am On Apr 07, 2019
DMerciful:
University of Regina, Cape Breton University, Carlton University, University of New Brunswick. In fact many universities and colleges waive proof of English for Nigerians. Just let them know English is your lingual franca and also your language of learning. Your transcript is a proof. Over 6 schools I contacted waived it!

Pls I sent u a PM. Kindly acknowledge. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.