Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866672 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 1:57pm On Apr 06, 2019
Austacus:
A P P R O V A L - A L E R T.

Chineke azawerem epere
Otito dili chukwu

From Saturday June 9th 2018 to friday 05 April 2019
300 days
42 weeks 6 days
9 months 26 days
This visa is nothing but God and it’s a intellectual war between me and the VO that handled my application.

I want to use this measure to thank honorable justwise without you, this thread wouldn’t be possible. Thank you sir for the opportunity. I feel you don’t like me but I love you.

I also want to thank the man I value and treasure sir Frankrobben. Bro you be angel (no too much talk)

I also want to thank my manny Jibola AKA sleeksoft thank you brother. You inspired me a lot, thanks my brother thank you my brother.

I also want to thank man like galala123 and canadabyfire I learned a lot from you guys

I also want to thank my Algonquin brother 042viber I can’t wait to welcome you to our school. Your visa is next in line.

I want to thank the man of action Makano thank you so much for everything, your visa is next in line. God that didn’t neglect me will never neglect you and 024viber

I want to thank anita and deborah thanks for your prayers, I will do everything within my power to congratulate you girls in Canada.

Mcobex bbcue, Mr j, justmellow (English man) and the rest..., thank you for your selfless contribution.

The one and only Naijaforeigner, this guy is Phenomenal thank you for your selfless service
I’ve leaned a lot from you.

Bracha thank you so much for your selfless service. Thank you. Fine girl with the good heart.

To every hopefuls don’t give up on your dreams.

To all May June and July applicant slide in my pm, I have a secret for you guys.

I actually went to anifowoshe on Wednesday. The person I met just like me at first sight and he told me the secret then he prayed for me and wish me good luck. I may go back there and tell him thank you.

This visa suffered me.
The day I did my biometrics, VAC was still working till 8 pm that day, I left home around 7 and left VAC 7 pm. I was sleeping on steering... I almost had an accident that very day but God came through for me. So whenever I remember that day and imagine why my visa is still pending, tears will drop from my eyes and I will look up to God.

I contacted more than 150 MPs (senators) in Canada then on Wednesday I gathered mind and drive straight to Anifowoshe.

I was in the movies watching “Hotel Mumbai” as soon as they finished the movie, I saw the alert in my email address.

I will recommend you guys to watch that movie and thank me later.

God is indeed faithful
Nara ekele chineke.
May June July, don’t lose hope, your visa is sooner. Don’t forget to hit my pm.
“God answers prayers”

God bless everyone that is reading this my success story. Whatever you ask from God, don’t give up, he knows your worries. He will answer your prayer.

“When God wants you to grow, he makes you uncomfortable”

Please don’t mind my typo error. I am so eegxited.

To the bolded, it cracked me opened. I have known your moniker for a very long time, and I rejoice with gratitude to God for placing me on this fora to share in this silent but yet melodious happiness. Big congratulations Austacus(the gcms man), and to the rest camaradaries(May, June, July, early August), similar victory story awaits y'all(small congratulations in advance first).

Please share your findings on what's been/has transpired with May, June, July, early August applications here, for posterity sake likewise your timeline.

You done feel alright last last!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by peruz: 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
Thanks so much for acknowledging me .I will call the admission office during the week.I know you have said something about this issue but I will like to ask further.Are you going to advise online or paper submission?Do I need to submit police report and medical along side with my first application or I should wait till they requested for it?
Frankrobbn1:

It's good to know you're making successive progress with your application. With regards to question, payment of tuition fees prior to visa application is not a prerequisite to visa approval. Having said that, if your school doesn't require you to pay an upfront tuition deposit before the start of term, you don't have to do that. Simply submit your application with other supporting documents and bank statements showing clearly that you've adequate funds to cover for the first year tuition and living expenses and the possibility of funding for subsequent years is attainable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nalizzzy: 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
DMerciful:
OK... Following you so when you get your visa, you know someone there
no wahala. Following you back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2019
I am so sorry to hear about this. I pray that your next attempt works out for you.
yacha77:
Biometerics validity - 4th Apr
Denied - 5th Apr

I had barely 300k in my personal account, 15m in estate account paying tuition of 43k cad plus housing, second sponsor is my brother who is signatory to estate account acct bout 3m and over 40m ARM account. Please guru let's analyse this and yes I have ordered gcms immediately.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 2:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
I want to actually thank you for taking out the time and pain to type all of this out to give us perspective on what you did. I also want to thank you for showing commitment to helping people out with their queries. Also, congratulations on receiving your study permit! I wish you a successful academic year ahead.

I have two questions for you grin
1. You mentioned that you were able to merge some family pictures with your CIC IMM form. I didn't know that was possible as i thought the CIC forms had some added technicality to them with the whole adobe flash thing and what not... How did you merge the files? smallpdf?
2. Under what section of your application did you attach your upfront medicals?

ILoveDLord:
OK wonderful people!

THIS IS MY STORY, THIS IS MY SONG.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 3:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
Q- life is cheaper but to get appointment is a looooong thing.
IOM is expensive but you can get a closer date

Try Abuja you might get a suitable date that is if you dont live in lag or close to lag "based on logistics"

Anamekele:
Please can anyone shed more light on the best and cheaper clinic for medical between Q-life and IOM.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dublin195(m): 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2019
Congrats bro..
Austacus:
A P P R O V A L - A L E R T.

Chineke azawerem epere
Otito dili chukwu

From Saturday June 9th 2018 to friday 05 April 2019
300 days
42 weeks 6 days
9 months 26 days
This visa is nothing but God and it’s a intellectual war between me and the VO that handled my application.

I want to use this measure to thank honorable justwise without you, this thread wouldn’t be possible. Thank you sir for the opportunity. I feel you don’t like me but I love you.

I also want to thank the man I value and treasure sir Frankrobben. Bro you be angel (no too much talk)

I also want to thank my manny Jibola AKA sleeksoft thank you brother. You inspired me a lot, thanks my brother thank you my brother.

I also want to thank man like galala123 and canadabyfire I learned a lot from you guys

I also want to thank my Algonquin brother 042viber I can’t wait to welcome you to our school. Your visa is next in line.

I want to thank the man of action Makano thank you so much for everything, your visa is next in line. God that didn’t neglect me will never neglect you and 024viber

I want to thank anita and deborah thanks for your prayers, I will do everything within my power to congratulate you girls in Canada.

Mcobex bbcue, Mr j, justmellow (English man) and the rest..., thank you for your selfless contribution.

The one and only Naijaforeigner, this guy is Phenomenal thank you for your selfless service
I’ve leaned a lot from you.

Bracha thank you so much for your selfless service. Thank you. Fine girl with the good heart.

To every hopefuls don’t give up on your dreams.

To all May June and July applicant slide in my pm, I have a secret for you guys.

I actually went to anifowoshe on Wednesday. The person I met just like me at first sight and he told me the secret then he prayed for me and wish me good luck. I may go back there and tell him thank you.

This visa suffered me.
The day I did my biometrics, VAC was still working till 8 pm that day, I left home around 7 and left VAC 7 pm. I was sleeping on steering... I almost had an accident that very day but God came through for me. So whenever I remember that day and imagine why my visa is still pending, tears will drop from my eyes and I will look up to God.

I contacted more than 150 MPs (senators) in Canada then on Wednesday I gathered mind and drive straight to Anifowoshe.

I was in the movies watching “Hotel Mumbai” as soon as they finished the movie, I saw the alert in my email address.

I will recommend you guys to watch that movie and thank me later.

God is indeed faithful
Nara ekele chineke.
May June July, don’t lose hope, your visa is sooner. Don’t forget to hit my pm.
“God answers prayers”

God bless everyone that is reading this my success story. Whatever you ask from God, don’t give up, he knows your worries. He will answer your prayer.

“When God wants you to grow, he makes you uncomfortable”

Please don’t mind my typo error. I am so eegxited.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2019
Frankrobbn1:
JustMellow and Qudkom.... You've guys are wonderful! I have noticed your monikers for some time on this thread. I must commend that the contributions and suggestions from you guys are very insightful and helpful. Please keep up with the good works and more power to your elbows. I shall be here during my leisure time to contribute my quota to the good growth of this window.

It shall end in praises to each and everyone on this platform.

Thanks Frankrobbn1, your compliment is indeed incentive. You is a standout individual who does not require a Master to be classified as a Masterclass. I wish you a rooted-firm Luck and Grace in your every endeavors.

We go dey alright last last!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by lonelydude: 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hello All,

Please, if there's anyone coming to London, ON or knows anyone who's coming; kindly reach out to me as I have an affordable accommodation for you. The first month comes with a discount of $100 specially from me.

My lease runs till december but family is joining me next month which requires me to move to a bigger place.

The rent is $450/month and also includes very fast and stable INTERNET, monthly CLEANING, water, hydro, electricity, and laundry. Bedroom also come furnished with a bed, desk and chair.

The unit has a great location that is close to transit, with parking available and also close to: grocery, banks, Starbucks, LCBO, McDonalds, pizza, restaurants, tanning, and parks.

Nigerian Restaurant and a Nigerian Supermarket about 10 mins walk.

Easy access to bus routes: 2, 9, 20, 33, to Western University and Bus 17 to Fanshawe College.

Also not far from London Downtown.

This unit has 6 appliances: 2 fridges, stove, microwave, washer and dryer.

There are 1.5 bathrooms.

Church and a Central Mosque very close as well.

Kindly reach out to me if interested.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dublin195(m): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2019
Bro, sent a pm. Aug 2nd 2018 applicant. 4th application so far. Abeg, I need am. Thanks
Austacus:

Are you may/June July applicant?
This is not a easy way to get your visa approved bro

It’s only applicable to those that have been waiting like methuselah on how to get the full attention of the VO handling their application
Prolly not for new applicants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ILoveDLord(m): 4:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
Merging Documents

Yes I did.

But please note, I do not think it's the best way to do it though. I mean merging other documents with CIC IMM documents. I think the IMM should be completed and attached alone.

In retrospect, I think the "Client Information should be a better place for all extra documents that are are not clearly called out in the tabs where documents are to be added.

At the time I did my application, I was not sure or did not know that all such documents should better be attached be attached to the "Client Information Tab". Even my SOP, initially I merged it with the my admission letter and other academic credentials and was ready to submit, when someone reviewed my application and advised that the SOP should be on the client information tab.

I left it that way still attached with the admission letter but went ahead to still attach the SOP to the client information tab. I did this because I was ready to submit the application and didn't want to start editing the documents all over.

So the only document I attached on the client information tab was my SOP.

I only did what I thought was reasonable at the time and posted it here, just for information. Fortunately it worked for me.

If ever you want to try what I did, please DON'T attach/merge any extra document with the IMM1294E form(that is the application for study permit form)
I tried it by merging some documents. But when I uploaded it to the "IMM1294E document tab" it was rejected, that the document is not in the required format. I think my merging and saving in the format I did somehow affected the validation bar code on the form.

I used a combination of two apps, "pdf reader for Android" and "All pdf" both on my phone, for the merging, rearranging of pages etc. And then to reduce the size, I still those two apps. However when I needed to drastically reduce the size of the merged documents without affecting the quality of the documents, I used ilovepdf, an online tool for compressing documents

But of course, I had to use a laptop to fill the IMM forms. IMM forms are not readable on phones.

Upfront Medicals:

There was a specific tab for me to add upfront medical. I guess this was because I had indicated that I had done my upfront medicals when I was answering the preapplication questionnaire.

Pardon any typo errors. Sorry for the too much details, I'm just detail oriented.

sillysassysally:
I want to actually thank you for taking out the time and pain to type all of this out to give us perspective on what you did. I also want to thank you for showing commitment to helping people out with their queries. Also, congratulations on receiving your study permit! I wish you a successful academic year ahead.

I have two questions for you grin
1. You mentioned that you were able to merge some family pictures with your CIC IMM form. I didn't know that was possible as i thought the CIC forms had some added technicality to them with the whole adobe flash thing and what not... How did you merge the files? smallpdf?
2. Under what section of your application did you attach your upfront medicals?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 4:04pm On Apr 06, 2019
Apply with the upfront medical.

Recently getting an appointment for the medical exam takes a lot of time.

sillysassysally:
Hey guys,

I have a little dilemma.
Should I apply for my study permit by Tuesday (April 9th) and wait for them to call me for medicals or should I apply by Thursday (April 11th) with upfront medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2019
Q-Life is cheaper by about 6k. However, it seems like IOM sends the result to the Embassay faster.

Anamekele:
Please can anyone shed more light on the best and cheaper clinic for medical between Q-life and IOM.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 4:08pm On Apr 06, 2019
sashaa:

Congratulations! And thanks for all the details you have provided.

My question is on proof of funds as I'm also planning to apply as a self sponsored applicant. Is it okay to leave your funds in fixed deposit instead of liquidating it? I noticed you did that. I was planning to liquidate my money market investment and move the funds to my savings account. Also, what's RSA?

Its best being liquidated especially when you have no other proof of funds(liquid funds).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gunit87: 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
I am worried too.

JustMellow:

This is very unusual, I hope to do more findings.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2019
yacha77:
OK that's noted .. I think I can fire back without waiting for gcms note with all your help. Kindly respond to the email I sent through NL so we can communicate better bro. Thank you again and again Austacus and @ Qudkom. Another one is how can I reduce files and docs for online app.... Any advice on that based on your challenges during online application .

In as much as some applicants in the erstwhile has done so. It sage not to be hasten in your reapplication, be patient for the gcms notes as you might just end up finding a new raised concerns but you know the preference most suitable.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2019
lonelydude:
Hello All,

Please, if there's anyone coming to London, ON or knows anyone who's coming; kindly reach out to me as I have an affordable accommodation for you. The first month comes with a discount of $100 specially from me.

My lease runs till december but family is joining me next month which requires me to move to a bigger place.

The rent is $450/month and also includes very fast and stable INTERNET, monthly CLEANING, water, hydro, electricity, and laundry. Bedroom also come furnished with a bed, desk and chair.

The unit has a great location that is close to transit, with parking available and also close to: grocery, banks, Starbucks, LCBO, McDonalds, pizza, restaurants, tanning, and parks.

Nigerian Restaurant and a Nigerian Supermarket about 10 mins walk.

Easy access to bus routes: 2, 9, 20, 33, to Western University and Bus 17 to Fanshawe College.

Also not far from London Downtown.

This unit has 6 appliances: 2 fridges, stove, microwave, washer and dryer.

There are 1.5 bathrooms.

Church and a Central Mosque very close as well.

Kindly reach out to me if interested.

Wooow...it's worth it o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2019
I should have used the word hint instead of secret (English done finish me).
It absolutely has nothing to do with bribery oooo
May/june and july.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 4:51pm On Apr 06, 2019
Thanks for being detail oriented

I guess I'll have to refill my questionnaire so that I can see the additional tab for attaching my upfront medicals. Thanks for sharing all of this information. Helps a lot!

ILoveDLord:
Merging Documents

Yes I did.

But please note, I do not think it's the best way to do it though. I mean merging other documents with CIC IMM documents. I think the IMM should be completed and attached alone.

In retrospect, I think the "Client Information should be a better place for all extra documents that are are not clearly called out in the tabs where documents are to be added.

At the time I did my application, I was not sure or did not know that all such documents should better be attached be attached to the "Client Information Tab". Even my SOP, initially I merged it with the my admission letter and other academic credentials and was ready to submit, when someone reviewed my application and advised that the SOP should be on the client information tab.

I left it that way still attached with the admission letter but went ahead to still attach the SOP to the client information tab. I did this because I was ready to submit the application and didn't want to start editing the documents all over.

I only did what I thought was reasonable at the time and posted it here, just for information. Fortunately it worked for me.

If ever you want to try what I did, please DON'T attach/merge any extra document with the IMM1294E form(that is the application for study permit form)
I tried it by merging some documents. But when I uploaded it to the "IMM1294E document tab" it was rejected, that the document is not in the required format. I think my merging and saving in the format I did somehow affected the validation bar code on the form.

I used a combination of two apps, "pdf reader for Android" and "All pdf" both on my phone, for the merging, rearranging of pages etc. And then to reduce the size, I still those two apps. However when I needed to drastically reduce the size of the merged documents without affecting the quality of the documents, I used ilovepdf, an online tool for compressing documents

But of course, I had to use a laptop to fill the IMM forms. IMM forms are not readable on phones.

Upfront Medicals:

There was a specific tab for me to add upfront medical. I guess this was because I had indicated that I had done my upfront medicals when I was answering the preapplication questionnaire.

Pardon any typo errors. Sorry for the too much details, I'm just detail oriented.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
Mudicua:
I am so so happy for you. Like when you I got this news from you I actually shouted YES!!! and those around me were wondering what happened. I was grinning like I won something when I told them, I just heard one of the best news for this week.
I have always admired how much of a huge help you have been on this thread.
I am a living example of that, and there are others who have benefited from you on this thread.
Inspite of your anxiety and wait, you always took out time for others. You showed patience with others on the thread, even when they may have caused you to be angry.... LOL.
God bless you and I am happy for you.
Congratulations once again.

The intriguing merriness attached to a success story is like a reunion or make-up/over between two lovers, very tantalizing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 4:59pm On Apr 06, 2019
Please tell us the hint
Austacus:
I should have used the word hint instead of secret (English done finish me).
It absolutely has nothing to do with bribery oooo
May/june and july.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yacha77: 6:20pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hello boss, after thinking about it I decided to wait for the gcms before application but I will handle things till then like paying part tuition and having the rest of the money in my acct, upfront medicals , arranging all docs and research. Thank you and I appreciate any other thoughts that comes to your mind.
JustMellow:

In as much as some applicants in the erstwhile has done so. It sage not to be hasten in your reapplication, be patient for the gcms notes as you might just end up finding a new raised concerns but you know the preference most suitable.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yacha77: 6:25pm On Apr 06, 2019
Thank you for the msg, wish you all the best in your app
sillysassysally:
I am so sorry to hear about this. I pray that your next attempt works out for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 6:27pm On Apr 06, 2019
I mean up front medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by xcaper(m): 6:40pm On Apr 06, 2019
Congratulations on your approval, did you get a supervisor before you applied for the program at MUN and did you get any scholarship or funding?.
ILoveDLord:
Merging Documents

Yes I did.

Upfront Medicals:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2019
Please someone should help me.I have been thinking of going to do medical before CIC request since I have heard from them since march 18th that i did biometric. Please is it a good idea?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2019
Advise:

My wife applied for study visa via paper route, the course she applied for is not in line with her education background. but she has work experience in it. the day she went to drop her application. we forgot the work reference letter at home. [b]The main issue is questionnaire where you are asked whether you have educational or work experience for the course you are applying for and submit a reference letter in regards to work experience? she ticked No because she had no evidence to back her. My question is can she send an email to VAC requesting to add the work reference letter?

ATTENTION HOUSE GURUS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 7:33pm On Apr 06, 2019
ADDITION: SHE ADDED HER WORK EXPERIENCE RELATING TO THE COURSE IN THE SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 7:41pm On Apr 06, 2019
IbikunleBukky:
Advise:

My wife applied for study visa via paper route, the course she applied for is not in line with her education background. but she has work experience in it. the day she went to drop her application. we forgot the work reference letter at home. [b]The main issue is questionnaire where you are asked whether you have educational or work experience for the course you are applying for and submit a reference letter in regards to work experience? she ticked No because she had no evidence to back her. My question is can she send an email to VAC requesting to add the work reference letter?

ATTENTION HOUSE GURUS

Sorry but you can only submit additional documents only when CIC requests them. Besides, you already ticked "No" which can be a little confusing on the part of the VO. I wish you all the best but if she's applying for a program that doesn't correlate with her previous degree/program coupled with you ticking "No" for work experience then that could be an issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2019
Anamekele:
Please someone should help me.I have been thinking of going to do medical before CIC request since I have heard from them since march 18th that i did biometric. Please is it a good idea?

For God's sake your application isn't even up to a month, and besides is your resumption this fall (May) ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Valprincx(f): 7:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
ILoveDLord:
Merging Documents

Yes I did.

Upfront Medicals:

Congratulations dear...please did u get any scholarship or funding from MUN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.