Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866503 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by trishaben: 12:16am On Apr 10, 2019
Is anyone going to Kitchener Ontario(conestoga college, Doon campus ) . I'm looking for an apartment or someone who's willing to share from September 2019.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ancy12: 12:57am On Apr 10, 2019
JustMellow:

There are certain subtle things/requirements that might have conspired with the reasonableness of the VO which are more demanding when compared to the listed documents like:

1. The level of your intended studies and its correlation, and how well was it explained or convincingly connected in terms of no course relation/marketing the future benefits/importance of the course if it relates.

2. As a self sponsored, how expensive is the tuition fees and how's it been funded, will your source of income be threatened - "some folks might want to say financial capability/capacity has nothing to do with Purpose of Visit but yeah, it sure does."

3. As a self sponsored, what was the strength of your SOA like: strong, fairly strong, fair. How did you show the financial reasonableness in regards to your tuition fees and living expenses.

4. How good is your salary and how reliable is job.

5. Why did you opt for self sponsorship and how constructive was your LOE in general terms.

6. Apart from your landed properties, what else served as your home ties - fiancée! Was there any evidence shown for the common law or an intend marriage. How did you present your home ties in general terms.

This questions are all based on assumptions but might not necessarily be far from the concerns raised by the VO, which might assist every knowledgeable folks on this fora in doling out suggestions that would hint as a guided direction in your reapplication.

BTW request for your gcms notes to get a more accurate insight(s) that addressed the VO concerns
1. The course am going for is call Rov pilot technician which is a 2years program... I made the VO see reasons why I choose such as my major by telling him my first encounter with an Rov equipment and how I developed interest while working on a ship with such equipment, I made him understand that such course is not done in Nigeria and if it was there will be no need for me traveling to get such certificate when I know I can get it here in Nigeria and it's an international certificate. I also make him understand why I pick MUN to study such course which was bcus of how there course outline is planned and the duration as compared to UK and Philippines that offer same course but for a shorter period 3weeks and I don't feel I will become competent in this field if I go for the 3wks program, I also make him to understand how important it is to come back and work in my country bcus the Rov industry is been dominated by foreigner. Also talked about how I will impact and apply what I have learn in my country.
2.the cost of the course is 7118$ CAD for a year so it's very cheap and I have to pay per semester which is half that amount. I have been saving for this course since I contacted the school that was in 2015, I was working and trying to upgrade my self to get my license as a marine Engr and also saving for this particular course bcus I don't have anyone that will give me the money. So I have save for my one year tuition fee and also 12000$ CAD for my one year living expenses....in my personal account I have almost 7+m, so I will say my funds were not been threaten
3. I believe since my tuition fee and my living expenses is less that my balance I will say my financial status is strong.
4. My salary is about 345k and it's a reliable job and am still working with the company.
5, I decided to sponsor myself because my parents don't have such money to sponsor me and I don't want to forge bank statement with their names cuz I know they will verify it. My LOE was very strong bcus like I said earlier I talked about the availability of the country not in my home country, why I must return to work in my country (pay will be in US dollars rate which will be a boost for me as compare to Canada where I will earn in Canadian dollar and spend In Canadian dollar ) the availability of the job due to the fact that foreigners are in positions Nigerians can handle if they have such certificate. Also gave them explanations about how I started from when I finish my ssce, the gaps between my ssce and when I went for other courses (marine related) to enable me upgrade till I get my 3rd Engr license. Told them about my relationship with my fiancee and how we both own a land property worth 4m and also have a joint account worth 700+k.
6. Apart from land property, I use my own family as home ties my mum and siblings and also make them understand that I don't have anyone in Canada and once am done with my studies I will be coming back to get married to my fiancee because that is what we both agreed on. Added our joint account, tenant agreement we made with our landlord because we both stay together in a 3bedroom apartment having my one of my sister leaving with us. We also sworn an affidavit that we are both in a common law union and once am back we would get married.
Kindly go through
Help out if I did anything wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DBlessedofGod: 12:58am On Apr 10, 2019
Pls someone kindly respond

DBlessedofGod:
Congratulations to all who have received approval of visas, reading your success stories gives me great hope. I believe I will also share my testimony soonest.

Dear Seniors n Gurus,
I need your advice, I intend to sell off 2 of my investments a land n car to have liquid cash in my account as most of my money is tied on investments e.g land, Mutual fund, rsa etc.

My questions
1. Can I pay the lump sum into my account and use to buy treasury bill or fixed deposit to show it's intended for my tuition
2. Can my spouses savings be included as part of source of my finances
3. Can I open a dorm account and pay the money into a dollar account.
4. Can I submit investments that are in my spouses name during my application? As all our investments are in my spouses name except for cars

Pls i need n appreciate your advice.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by peruz: 1:40am On Apr 10, 2019
Thanks.Is there a better chance for an applicant that paid upfront tuition?Do you any amount that must be in applicant account and sponsor?
Frankrobbn1:

Basically, IRCC made us to believe that upfront medicals speeds up the processing of an application. However, when an applicant undergoes an upfront medical exam prior to their application submission, the foreseeability of securing the visa is 50/50 as you will be left for a decision to be communicated to you. On the contrary, when applicant is instructed to undertake a medical exam during visa processing, chances are 90/100 that he/she will be approved. At the end you're left with the decision to select which you feel would work for you. With respect to your last question, it doesn't make any difference or impact. All documents can be submitted without being on a red seal copy, provided that the documents bears an official stamp or signature.

Good Luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yemilasko: 1:40am On Apr 10, 2019
]pls what were you asked at the poe...like wht documt was requested
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by powerblessing: 1:44am On Apr 10, 2019
Please any idea of school in Canada that can offer me admission for graduate program in 2019 fall. This is urgent as I need to update my admission letter in my CIC.. I was offered admission last year by lakehead in Ontario after applying for visa last year June 1. A decision has still not been reached by the CIC. I reapplied for another admission to update my admission letter but I was turned down. I have to also mention I paid part of the school fee for last year. Please I need a school that can offer me admission ASAP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tobiasbeecher: 5:47am On Apr 10, 2019
Please I need to get some information from you guys. I'm married but currently, I'm in South Korea doing my masters degree which I'm almost through. I used my sister's statement of account when I applied for my masters in Korea (though I was single then), but now I'm married and I want to go for a PhD or another masters degree in Canada. My concern is that I want to use my elder sister as my sponsor (she works with a federal govt parastatal) as she has the required amount but I'm afraid they will think how can a married man still be sponsored. I have money in my personal account but it's not up to the required amount. Will this be a hindrance? Thanks for your help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 6:07am On Apr 10, 2019
tobiasbeecher:
Please I need get some information from you guys. I'm married but currently I'm South Korea doing my masters degree which I'm almost through. I used my sister's statement of account when I was applied for my masters in Korea (though I was single then), but now I'm married and I want to go for a PhD or another masters degree in Canada. My concerns is that I want to use my elder sister as my sponsor (as she works with a federal govt parastatal) but I'm afraid they will think how can a married man still be sponsored. I have money in my personal account but it's not up to the required amount. Will this be a hindrance? Thanks for your help

She has sponsored you in the past all you need is to get proper documentations to back it up. For example the statement of account showing all the transactions she made to you together with her work credentials. Make sure you pay your 1st semester tuition through her account also and provide proove of that too. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tobiasbeecher: 6:15am On Apr 10, 2019
Qudkom:

She has sponsored you in the past all you need is to get proper documentations to back it up. For example the statement of account showing all the transactions she made to you together with her work credentials. Make sure you pay your 1st semester tuition through her account also and provide proove of that too. All the best.
Thanks bro, but seriously, she never paid another money for me other than the one she contributed when I was traveling at the initial stage. I hustled and paid all my tuition by myself. When I was applying for the masters in Korea, she provided the SOA, her payslip, her change of name document to prove that we bear the same surname before she got married, her house document, marriage certificate etc. So there is no paper trail to show she paid for my masters. So what do you think about this?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 6:30am On Apr 10, 2019
All imm forms
SOA from sponsor and co sponsor
Bank refrence letter
Tellex of full tuition paid
Sponsorship letters
Police character certificate
Birth certificate
Land docs
Biodata page of my parents
SOP
Acceptance letter

Qudkom:

Kindly provide a comprehensive list of what you submitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:36am On Apr 10, 2019
Just take heart.
Compare your first GCMS notes with this one if you want to redo it.

Maxihyfr:
Denied....2nd tym.. Nd the school i applied for said no more deferment. .

Application.. 3rd March...

I already paid the full tuition

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:49am On Apr 10, 2019
Have seen your GCMS notes?
if not get if first ,you never can tell what informed the decision of the VO with out it.
I promise you.

Ancy12:

1. The course am going for is call Rov pilot technician which is a 2years program... I made the VO see reasons why I choose such as my major by telling him my first encounter with an Rov equipment and how I developed interest while working on a ship with such equipment, I made him understand that such course is not done in Nigeria and if it was there will be no need for me traveling to get such certificate when I know I can get it here in Nigeria and it's an international certificate. I also make him understand why I pick MUN to study such course which was bcus of how there course outline is planned and the duration as compared to UK and Philippines that offer same course but for a shorter period 3weeks and I don't feel I will become competent in this field if I go for the 3wks program, I also make him to understand how important it is to come back and work in my country bcus the Rov industry is been dominated by foreigner. Also talked about how I will impact and apply what I have learn in my country.
2.the cost of the course is 7118$ CAD for a year so it's very cheap and I have to pay per semester which is half that amount. I have been saving for this course since I contacted the school that was in 2015, I was working and trying to upgrade my self to get my license as a marine Engr and also saving for this particular course bcus I don't have anyone that will give me the money. So I have save for my one year tuition fee and also 12000$ CAD for my one year living expenses....in my personal account I have almost 7+m, so I will say my funds were not been threaten
3. I believe since my tuition fee and my living expenses is less that my balance I will say my financial status is strong.
4. My salary is about 345k and it's a reliable job and am still working with the company.
5, I decided to sponsor myself because my parents don't have such money to sponsor me and I don't want to forge bank statement with their names cuz I know they will verify it. My LOE was very strong bcus like I said earlier I talked about the availability of the country not in my home country, why I must return to work in my country (pay will be in US dollars rate which will be a boost for me as compare to Canada where I will earn in Canadian dollar and spend In Canadian dollar ) the availability of the job due to the fact that foreigners are in positions Nigerians can handle if they have such certificate. Also gave them explanations about how I started from when I finish my ssce, the gaps between my ssce and when I went for other courses (marine related) to enable me upgrade till I get my 3rd Engr license. Told them about my relationship with my fiancee and how we both own a land property worth 4m and also have a joint account worth 700+k.
6. Apart from land property, I use my own family as home ties my mum and siblings and also make them understand that I don't have anyone in Canada and once am done with my studies I will be coming back to get married to my fiancee because that is what we both agreed on. Added our joint account, tenant agreement we made with our landlord because we both stay together in a 3bedroom apartment having my one of my sister leaving with us. We also sworn an affidavit that we are both in a common law union and once am back we would get married.
Kindly go through
Help out if I did anything wrong.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by guzenaira: 7:47am On Apr 10, 2019
Maxihyfr:
All imm forms
Bank refrence letter
Sponsorship letters
Birth certificate
Land docs
SOP
Acceptance letter

Order for your file if you haven’t given up on Canada to see where the problem lies.

But based on your uploaded refusal reason, I have some questions for you.

What’s your age bracket and do you have a study gap?

Are you gainfully employed and did you submit your SOA? If you did submit your SOA, what was or is your closing balance.

Did you explain your course of study in your SOP if there is academic progression or not?

And finally, at the bolded above, what was your Sponsor and co sponsors closing balances?

All this things are some of the salient reason the VOs look into but that aside, order for your file and see what is wrong with this application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:06am On Apr 10, 2019
peruz:
Thanks.Is there a better chance for an applicant that paid upfront tuition?Do you any amount that must be in applicant account and sponsor?

I think I have answered this question of yours in the past week KINDLY CHECK THIS..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:11am On Apr 10, 2019
Asapant:
Boss.Is his application paper or Online, I am curious

It's a paper application. (The study permit questionnaire)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 8:23am On Apr 10, 2019
Thank you for ur prompt response. For Online route how do one upload SOA for about 25 pages ?
Frankrobbn1:

It's a paper application. (The study permit questionnaire)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 8:47am On Apr 10, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 8:55am On Apr 10, 2019
Please what day did you do the medicals?

Dolapok:

Hello Ma, it wasn't upfront I was requested to do the medical.
Applied (Online): 4th of January
Biometrics: 8th of January
Medical request: *6th of February*
Medical passed: 22nd of February
Biometric correspondence: March 1st
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:06am On Apr 10, 2019
Asapant:
Thank you for ur prompt response. For Online route how do one upload SOA for about 25 pages ?

It's a very easy process!.

1-) First and foremost, Scan the 25pages of the bank statement in a JPEG format.

2-) Secondly, convert JPEG TO PDF.....

3-) Furthermore... MERGE THE PDF FILES into one PDF.

4-) Finally, use this BEST ONLINE COMPRESSOR.. to compress all documents to 4MB. This compressor works like magic and can compress 100 pages PDF to 4MB without altering it's quality.

I made the process swift for you with the highlighted links. I hope you find it useful.

Good luck!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by peruz: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2019
Pls did you deactivated your PM ?
Frankrobbn1:

It's a very easy process!.

1-) First and foremost, Scan the 25pages of the bank statement in a JPEG format.

2-) Secondly, convert JPEG TO PDF.....

3-) Furthermore... MERGE THE PDF FILES into one PDF.

4-) Finally, use this BEST ONLINE COMPRESSOR.. to compress all documents to 4MB. This compressor works like magic and can compress 100 pages PDF to 4MB without altering it's quality.

I made the process swift for you with the highlighted links. I hope you find it useful.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kennykolabo: 10:25am On Apr 10, 2019
Please i need help and advise.

My cousin and her husband (with PR) in Canada invited my parents (Dad and Mum) to Canada for an occasion.
In the letter of invitation they stated that they are inviting " their uncle and his wife"
Please will my mum apply separately (create an account on cic.gc.ca and apply as an applicant) or will my dad apply and include that my mum will be going with her.

Kindly assist please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ic3tipz(m): 11:22am On Apr 10, 2019
please can you assist me with a good sample of an SOP so I can work with it. I d like to draft mine asap. please I solicit for your kind assistance.
I think time is ticking for me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ic3tipz(m): 11:23am On Apr 10, 2019
please can you assist me with a good sample of an SOP so I can work with it. I d like to draft mine asap. please I solicit for your kind assistance.

Qudkom:

I am sorry but if you have no work experience in the field you are applying for then the Visa officer might not be convinced that you are a bona fide student and think you are using the study route to migrate to Canada. I am not saying it is impossible just difficult. Why don't you drop your email address and let me contact you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jephehe: 11:46am On Apr 10, 2019
kennykolabo:
Please i need help and advise.

My cousin and her husband (with PR) in Canada invited my parents (Dad and Mum) to Canada for an occasion.
In the letter of invitation they stated that they are inviting " their uncle and his wife"
Please will my mum apply separately (create an account on cic.gc.ca and apply as an applicant) or will my dad apply and include that my mum will be going with her.

Kindly assist please

One account will be use for both
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:46am On Apr 10, 2019
IceTrice01:

My sponsor is my maternal uncle and my legal authorized guardian. Yes, I've about $1,800 in my dorm account which I want to use as my living expenses. I'm not gainfully employed, I'm just a marketer for a company in Lagos who gets paid on commission. I'll appreciate your quick response.

...for a third party sponsorship, I doubt if 7m naira in inclusion with your LE will suffice as other things/requirements are put into consideration:

1. LE of 10k cad equivalent to 3m, 7m - 3m equals 4m setting aside his own family composition and other personal financial reasonableness to cater for, all inside the 7m.

2. lump sum deposit(based on your previous post relating to this continuous correspondence) - a red flag

My advise, work on your:

1. Funds
2. SOP(connect every alphabets by crossing your t's and doting your I'd)
3. Home ties

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:13pm On Apr 10, 2019
ic3tipz:

Why don't you provide your email address and we go from there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2019
Maxihyfr:
All imm forms
Bank refrence letter
Sponsorship letters
Birth certificate
Land docs
SOP
Acceptance letter

Sponsored by parents right?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:16pm On Apr 10, 2019
tobiasbeecher:

Thanks bro, but seriously, she never paid another money for me other than the one she contributed when I was traveling at the initial stage. I hustled and paid all my tuition by myself. When I was applying for the masters in Korea, she provided the SOA, her payslip, her change of name document to prove that we bear the same surname before she got married, her house document, marriage certificate etc. So there is no paper trail to show she paid for my masters. So what do you think about this?
You were initially planning to sponsor yourself right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 12:17pm On Apr 10, 2019
I have more questions to ask. For online route should I make photocopy and notorize all documents ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 12:19pm On Apr 10, 2019
peruz:
Pls did you deactivated your PM ?

Hello,

I don't respond to PM'S at the moment due to my recent tight schedule which have kept me off from contributing on this forum. I didn't deactivate my account. Please feel free to always quote me by dropping your questions here and I'll respond at my earliest convenient time. Nonetheless, In my absence there are other knowledgeable individuals who are doing a wonderful job here that can contribute to seeing that your concerns are well taken care of.

Thanks for your understanding to those that sent PM's and I haven't responded. God bless us all.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 12:21pm On Apr 10, 2019
Asapant:
I have more questions to ask. For online route should I make photocopy and notorize all documents ?

Once the copies of the documents are in coloured form you don't have to notarize them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.