Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (870512 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 11:30pm On Apr 10, 2019
Please re-check the dates you've shared

Okattamgbee:
Application Route: Online Applicant: New
School Resumption Date: September 1st, 2019
Application Date: October 4th, 2019
Biometrics Request Date: October 5th, 2019
Biometrics Done Date: October 8th, 2019

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 11:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Qudkom:
Program: Post baccalaureate DIPLOMA, International Business, Thompson Rivers University(Fall, 2019)

Submitted(Online): 3rd of January 2019.
Biometrics: 9th of January
Medical request: 7th of February
Medical(Q-life): 13th of February
Medical passed: 19th of February
Biometric validity: 7th of March
Passport Request: 9th of April 2019.

**Documents submitted**
Sponsor documents(Father):
1. Letter of sponsor
2. Sponsor company ID card
3. Company CAC certificate
4. One property document
5. Company accounts:
Account A: inflw-124M outflw-63M balance-53M
Account B: inflw-64M outflw-62M balance-2M
6. Savings account:
Inflw:68M outflw-65M balance-3M

Client Information:
1. SOP(wasn't up to a page 4 paragraphs touching key points. Though the letter heading made it longer than a page.)

2. Education credentials (Waec certificate, Bsc certificate and transcript-student copy) I didn't include NYSC Certificate***

3. Curriculum Vitae ( A page CV)

4. Employment letter (internship) at Access bank in 300Lvl.

5. Letter of employment (from fathers company where I work, signed by my FATHER and his SECRETARY)

6. Police clearance certificate.

Other documents:
1. Filled IMM forms

2. Passport and travel history(UK,2008. I ALSO SCANNED THE DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL STAMP)

3. Letter of acceptance( full tuition for a semester)

Resources used:
A. "Clear scanner" App on my phone(Scanned all the documents with my phone) and merged it. It's an amazing application.

B. "Ilovepdf.com" to compress also did that on my phone. Be careful with the online compressor you use because some store your data on their servers which can lead to sensitive documents being assessed by 3rd parties.

C. I didn't scan all the pages of the statement of account. It was to bulky so what I did was:
● I scanned the first 5pages; a page each of every month and the last 5pages of the last month. That way the quality was clear. I also attached the reference letter signed by the bank manager and relationship officer that way I had 3 reference letters one for each statement.

P.S: I kept my application simple and straight to the point and submitted my application 8 months before the program start date (Fall 2019), I submitted early to give my self contingency just incase I got rejected I can easily reapply. I joined this forum in part 11 and have been following up since then. I had to be patient regarding my application and it all started February 2016 back then I was clueless and met several agents I am glad I followed my instincts and used google and this forum to my advantage. I remember one agent asking me to bring 500k to help me "submit" my documents lol. After 9 different admission letters from 3 different institutions I finally got it right. To all the trv hopefuls keep the faith and be PATIENT AND CALCULATED. As usual I will continue offering my advice to whoever needs it.

Dealing with study Gaps/Purpose of Visit:
I have 5years study gap but I showed a good record of all my activities in the last 5years. Submitted my father's company blueprint what I hope to achieve etc. And summarised my motivation for a diploma program in a short but detailed SOP.

Home ties: Fathers company, Director in the company, corporative associations I belong, fathers property, family etc

Wheb I was giving details of my dreams for my father's company I left a 7page blueprint of my mission for his company. As an economics student I had in depth coverage and analysis.

IF ANYONE NEEDS ASSISTANCE I AM A PM OR MENTION AWAY FROM ASSISTING.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 11:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
Can I get the IMM forms at VFS and fill it there ? I could not download them from the CIC website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 11:53pm On Apr 10, 2019
Please should i tick yes or no for this question-"Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tjkeyzzz: 11:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
Good evening guys

Please how do i request for my gcms notes
And long does it take to be delivered
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 11:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
sillysassysally:
BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Thank you dear. I pray you and every other applicants end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DBlessedofGod: 12:00am On Apr 11, 2019
Congratulations to all who have received approval of visas, reading your success stories gives me great hope. I believe I will also share my testimony soonest.

Dear Seniors n Gurus,
I need your advice, I intend to sell off 2 of my investments a land n car to have liquid cash in my account as most of my money is tied on investments e.g land, Mutual fund, rsa etc.

My questions 
1. Can I pay the lump sum into my account and use to buy treasury bill or fixed deposit to show it's intended for my tuition 
2. Can my spouses savings be included as part of source of my finances 
3. Can I open a dorm account and pay the money into a dollar account.
4. Can I submit investments that are in my spouses name during my application? As all our investments are in my spouses name except for cars 

Pls i need n appreciate your advice.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ajibolaoi: 12:01am On Apr 11, 2019
Claraben:
Any one going for PhD in Nursing program this fall at University of Saskatchewan?

I applied for MN(Master's in Nursing) and i was not offered admission.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:02am On Apr 11, 2019
Austacus:

Clear road APProVAL ALERT , Congratulations bro grin grin grin
Brother thanks a lot I appreciate you deeply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 11, 2019
Tjkeyzzz:
Good evening guys

Try Gcmsnowdotcom or Atipdotcom.... 30days or less
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:06am On Apr 11, 2019
DBlessedofGod:

Congratulations to all who have received approval of visas, reading your success stories gives me great hope. I believe I will also share my testimony soonest.

Dear Seniors n Gurus,
I need your advice, I intend to sell off 2 of my investments a land n car to have liquid cash in my account as most of my money is tied on investments e.g land, Mutual fund, rsa etc.

My questions 
1. Can I pay the lump sum into my account and use to buy treasury bill or fixed deposit to show it's intended for my tuition 
4. Can I submit investments that are in my spouses name during my application? As all our investments are in my spouses name except for cars 

Thanks in anticipation 

You seem to have good hometies. But I must warn lumpsum deposits is a huge redflag and I will advice you not to dump money in your account especially if it doesn't tally with previous bank transactions. Your wives assets can be used as hometies that way the VO understands in your temporary absence your family will cope well. You also don't need to open any dom account or whatsoever pay your tuition for a semester together with other documents and you are fine. Also find a way around the deposit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 12:38am On Apr 11, 2019
I don't think this is possible, you have to fill it using a computer. There are cyber cafes close to vfs but they charge very high. I'll advise you use a cyber cafe close to your house if you don't have data to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Asapant:
Boss. I am unable to download the IMM forms. I hope I can get the IMM forms at VFS office and fill it there ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 12:41am On Apr 11, 2019
Congratulations!

Qudkom:
Program: Post baccalaureate DIPLOMA, International Business, Thompson Rivers University(Fall, 2019)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 12:53am On Apr 11, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 12:54am On Apr 11, 2019
Please go to the first page, and you'll find it listed there.

Tjkeyzzz:
Good evening guys

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 1:01am On Apr 11, 2019
Bracha:
Congratulations!

Thanks, I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 1:02am On Apr 11, 2019
Hello,

1. Just pay the lump sum into your account and leave that money there as proof. They want to see you have enough money to take care of yourself, while your investments show you have money, they don't know if the money will be available immediately you need it. That's why we advise enough cash be in the account that will be presented.
2. Yes, your spouse can be a co-sponsor.
3. I don't know about the domiciliary account. Austacus can help with this.
4. Yes you can, but make sure the statement of account has the required amount in it. i.e tuition + 10,000cad (if you haven't paid tuition).

Hopefully someone else gives you a more detailed advice.

DBlessedofGod:

Dear Seniors n Gurus,

My questions 

Thanks in anticipation 
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Phatkings: 1:04am On Apr 11, 2019
BigUgo21:
Hi guys,
Please help me out. most colleges have stopped accepting applications for fall 2019. can someone help me with one or two that still accepts applications for fall 2019?
thanks for your wonderful response
Colleges or universities
If university, you can check Dalhousie university, Windsor university

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by adeniyi3971(m): 5:21am On Apr 11, 2019
Qudkom:

**Documents submitted**
Sponsor documents(Father):
1. Letter of sponsor
2. Sponsor company ID card
3. Company CAC certificate
4. One property document
5. Company accounts:
Account A: inflw-124M outflw-63M balance-53M
Account B: inflw-64M outflw-62M balance-2M
6. Savings account:
Inflw:68M outflw-65M balance-3M

Client Information:
1. SOP(wasn't up to a page 4 paragraphs touching key points. Though the letter heading made it longer than a page.)

2. Education credentials (Waec certificate, Bsc certificate and transcript-student copy) I didn't include NYSC Certificate***

3. Curriculum Vitae ( A page CV)

4. Employment letter (internship) at Access bank in 300Lvl.

5. Letter of employment (from fathers company where I work, signed by my FATHER and his SECRETARY)

6. Police clearance certificate.

Other documents:
1. Filled IMM forms

2. Passport and travel history(UK,2008. I ALSO SCANNED THE DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL STAMP)

3. Letter of acceptance( full tuition for a semester)

Resources used:
A. "Clear scanner" App on my phone(Scanned all the documents with my phone) and merged it. It's an amazing application.

B. "Ilovepdf.com" to compress also did that on my phone. Be careful with the online compressor you use because some store your data on their servers which can lead to sensitive documents being assessed by 3rd parties.

C. I didn't scan all the pages of the statement of account. It was to bulky so what I did was:
● I scanned the first 5pages; a page each of every month and the last 5pages of the last month. That way the quality was clear. I also attached the reference letter signed by the bank manager and relationship officer that way I had 3 reference letters one for each statement.

P.S: I kept my application simple and straight to the point and submitted my application 8 months before the program start date (Fall 2019), I submitted early to give my self contingency just incase I got rejected I can easily reapply. I joined this forum in part 11 and have been following up since then. I had to be patient regarding my application and it all started February 2016 back then I was clueless and met several agents I am glad I followed my instincts and used google and this forum to my advantage. I remember one agent asking me to bring 500k to help me "submit" my documents lol. After 9 different admission letters from 3 different institutions I finally got it right. To all the trv hopefuls keep the faith and be PATIENT AND CALCULATED. As usual I will continue offering my advice to whoever needs it.

Dealing with study Gaps/Purpose of Visit:
I have 5years study gap but I showed a good record of all my activities in the last 5years. Submitted my father's company blueprint what I hope to achieve etc. And summarised my motivation for a diploma program in a short but detailed SOP.

Home ties: Fathers company, Director in the company, corporative associations I belong, fathers property, family etc

Wheb I was giving details of my dreams for my father's company I left a 7page blueprint of my mission for his company. As an economics student I had in depth coverage and analysis.

IF ANYONE NEEDS ASSISTANCE I AM A PM OR MENTION AWAY FROM ASSISTING.

please check your email I sent you a PM already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by adeniyi3971(m): 5:26am On Apr 11, 2019
BigUgo21:
Hi guys,
Please help me out. most colleges have stopped accepting applications for fall 2019. can someone help me with one or two that still accepts applications for fall 2019?
thanks for your wonderful response

Check Ryerson university, Carleton university even university of Toronto.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 6:36am On Apr 11, 2019
Thanks Bracha. I don't mind the cost they charge, so far I can access the form at the cyber cafes close to vfs
Bracha:
I don't think this is possible, you have to fill it using a computer. There are cyber cafes close to vfs but they charge very high. I'll advise you use a cyber cafe close to your house if you don't have data to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 6:37am On Apr 11, 2019
Hey,

Can you please share your timeline?

Tjkeyzzz:
Good evening guys

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 6:38am On Apr 11, 2019
Please can any one answer this question? cc ILoveDLord what did you put?

Chukwuemekatehi:
Please should i tick yes or no for this question-"Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 7:26am On Apr 11, 2019
Download it and save to your computer
when opening it choose open with Adobe.
Then you can fill it and print.
To access computer at VFS is very expensive
Try and do all your things before going there ,if not you would find your self paying huge money for small things.
Asapant:
Boss. I am unable to download the IMM forms. I hope I can get the IMM forms at VFS office and fill it there ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oyalfares: 7:29am On Apr 11, 2019
Congratulations Qudkom
Qudkom:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Claraben: 7:58am On Apr 11, 2019
Ajibolaoi:

I applied for MN(Master's in Nursing) and i was not offered admission.

Okay, my status is reading department recommend and I have also received an email to that effect. However, I am also supposed to receive an official letter from the school graduate commission which I can then use for my visa application. I am wondering if I need to start sending my transcript now or do I wait till the official letter comes? Can you please help me out (any one in the thread who is knowledgeable in this area) as school starts end of August and I wouldn't want to waste time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jaylap: 8:14am On Apr 11, 2019
Please help! I am unable to upload IMM 5257 form on my application after I validate and save it

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 8:49am On Apr 11, 2019
The abode reader no gree install on my computer. That is the issue am facing right about now, that is why am asking if I can access computer at VFS. Is it up to 2-3k at VFS ?
chibertha:
Download it and save to your computer
when opening it choose open with Adobe.
Then you can fill it and print.
To access computer at VFS is very expensive
Try and do all your things before going there ,if not you would find your self paying huge money for small things.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 8:51am On Apr 11, 2019
Check very at the top of your laptop and click on the icon their if you are using windows 7 it will download
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ic3tipz(m): 8:56am On Apr 11, 2019
thanks alot

Bracha:
SeriaBravo, ic3tipz, Chukwuemekatehi please find below a list of the designated countries.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/apply/designated-countries-policy.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.