Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (873217 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 8:56am On Apr 12, 2019
Please gurus,abeg what is this biometrics correspondence letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 9:02am On Apr 12, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
Please gurus,abeg what is this biometrics correspondence letter?

Its just a letter confirming the validity of your biometrics and when it will expire which is ten years from when you did your biometrics. In recent times it's usually sent before passport request(Not a certain guarantee though***)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 9:08am On Apr 12, 2019
Ok...thank u
Qudkom:

Its just a letter confirming the validity of your biometrics and when it will expire which is ten years from when you did your biometrics. In recent times it's usually sent before passport request(Not a certain guarantee though***)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by lummy11: 9:36am On Apr 12, 2019
cychristaa:

Aww.. I am but its from Lagos
Hello
i am travelling with lufthansa from lagos 3rd of may.When is your flight?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 10:26am On Apr 12, 2019
042viber12:
I need an answer to something, I might be one of the gurus but I need to ask..Wat does this eligibility stage entail?

Eligibility review is the pillar/focal of Canadian visa cause this is when the primary VO would vent the genuineness of the application that was submitted.., Below are the 12 questions VO do explore in the application during eligibility review.

1. What is the purpose of your trip?
2. How long will you be staying in Canada?
3. What ties do you have with Canada?
4. What ties do you have with your country of residence?
5. Do you have a valid passport or travel document? 
6. How will you support yourself in Canada?
7. Will you be able to leave Canada? 
8. Do you intend to work or study in Canada?
9. Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense? 
10. Do you suffer from a serious medical condition?
11. Have you ever been refused a temporary resident visa to travel to Canada? 
12. Were you ever removed from Canada or any other country?

If there’s an eyebrow in the application the primary VO would involve the senior colleagues (secondary VO) to check out the application, at this point, the secondary And the primary VO would decide to send it to secondary review to CPC Vegreville, CPC Edmonton, CPC Mississauga, Windsor, Ottawa, etc. Secondary review takes 4 months and above. (secondary review doesn't occur to all application).

PS: during eligibility review IRCC have locals in your home country that would run the verification for them eg BCI.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 10:29am On Apr 12, 2019
TRV processing time update 12/04/2019

Our sample size is now 39 people!

I would encourage those that have applied this year to share their timeline using the details in the picture below. If you don't have all the information, you can just share the ones that you have and update the rest as you receive it. This information would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates. (Please note that the calculated estimates are just averages based on the little sample we have. Your processing time may be faster or slower than the average)

We still have incomplete information from (Dedecoder, Godatwork23, Dolapok, Oni2019, docsaj, cutieflaky, Klem28, Ancy 26, Trishaben, Omarzx, ify85, umulobi, Iykedpetes)

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data or if there is a better way you think I can present the data, I am always open to suggestions.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ify85: 10:54am On Apr 12, 2019
I just got this response from Nairobi, but it has not been updated online. Still on eligibility review.

Good day,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Please be informed that we finalised processing your application. Your passport will be sent to the Visa Application Centre in the next few days.

Kindly contact VFS for collection.

Regards,

Migration Program | Programme de migration (RTY)

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC)

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 12, 2019
My people I just got an E-mail notification from CIC...please if u love me...start praying for me cos am so scared right now ...can't even type a letter, my hands are shaking like I have a stroke...

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 11:06am On Apr 12, 2019
042viber12:
My people I just got an E-mail notification from CIC...please if u love me...start praying for me cos am so scared right now ...can't even type a letter, my hands are shaking like I have a stroke...

Look at how am scared like it's my application.
I hope it's your medical mail that dropped.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 11:23am On Apr 12, 2019
I can imagine that shaking o...its gonna be a good one
042viber12:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 11:44am On Apr 12, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
I can imagine that shaking o...its gonna be a good one
Please we are waiting o!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 11:44am On Apr 12, 2019
042viber12:
Please we are waiting ooo!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by litterbug(f): 12:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
Wow bro, I pray it’s good news.

042viber12:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 12, 2019
Am yet to check...don't v access to a laptop at the moment...wen I get home, I will
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
By the Grace of God we are going to witness more approvals this month.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2019
042viber12:
Am yet to check...don't v access to a laptop at the moment...wen I get home, I will
Use your phone just "request for desktop" on your phone menue and check lol

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:20pm On Apr 12, 2019
ify85:
I just got this response from Nairobi, but it has not been updated online. Still on eligibility review.

Good day,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Please be informed that we finalised processing your application. Your passport will be sent to the Visa Application Centre in the next few days.

Kindly contact VFS for collection.

Regards,

Migration Program | Programme de migration (RTY)

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC)

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Did you do medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ify85: 12:33pm On Apr 12, 2019
Qudkom:

Did you do medical?

Yes upfront medical passed. The application was for an infant of 10 weeks old.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2019
042viber12:

its well bro! Quickly use your Smartphone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ify85: 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2019
It all ended in praise!!!! Thanks be to God Almighty my baby's application was approved. It all started June last year. I applied with my three dependents ( hubby : SOWP, two children: V and I :SP). Then I was pregnant and our application took them six months to approve; Dec 20, 2018 and at that point I was already 8 months gone. So I decided to give birth before traveling. I put to be on January 14, 2019.

One week after birth I started another process of getting my baby's international passport which was ready end of January. I decided not to apply online because of the long wait of 2018 application. I waited for the baby to be at least six weeks old before setting out for another journey to Lagos both for upfront medical and paper application on March 6th.

After two weeks of her application they didn't update her medical. I had to write them to update it and they did. Then I gave them another two weeks because there's no background check. I sent them email on Monday to attend to her application and on Tuesday eligibility review started. Then this morning they replied my email that they have finalised her application.

To all hopefuls!!! Yours will end in praises.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kpizzle: 1:49pm On Apr 12, 2019
Go and check quick quick, your application is the one I have been anticipating the most.

042viber12:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
Congrats dear
ify85:
It all ended in praise!!!! Thanks be to God Almighty my baby's application was approved. It all started June last year. I applied with my three dependents ( hubby : SOWP, two children: V and I :SP). Then I was pregnant and our application took them six months to approve; Dec 20, 2018 and at that point I was already 8 months gone. So I decided to give birth before traveling. I put to be on January 14, 2019.

One week after birth I started another process of getting my baby's international passport which was ready end of January. I decided not to apply online because of the long wait of 2018 application. I waited for the baby to be at least six weeks old before setting out for another journey to Lagos both for upfront medical and paper application on March 6th.

After two weeks of her application they didn't update her medical. I had to write them to update it and they did. Then I gave them another two weeks because there's no background check. I sent them email on Monday to attend to her application and on Tuesday eligibility review started. Then this morning they replied my email that they have finalised her application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 2:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
Congrats
Did you pay one way ticket for your kids?
ify85:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hardeholar1(m): 2:36pm On Apr 12, 2019
To the bolder I keep seeing biometric correspondence letter
Please I am confused I did online application
After I submitted my application I received a letter to go for my biometrics and since then I have gotten any letter regarding biometrics
Is it the letter you take to the vfs office that is called biometric correspondence letter or you will be given another one after completing your biometrics
Also on my profile my biometric information have been updated
Please someone put me through
OB411:
Great place I must say.

Happy to be here to get/give helpful tips, well-done guys.

You all are amazing.

I also applied for study permit on 1 march: paper route, biometric done same day. Biometric correspondence letter updated on 5th April.

Application currently on elegibility review & background check.

Na God hand I dey like this.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!

ify85:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2019
IT IS MEDICAL REQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won mad for road ooooo ooooo!!!!!!!!! JESUS IS LORD!!!!

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 2:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
Congrats bro..... I told u it will be a positive news....
042viber12:
IT IS MEDICAL REQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won mad for road ooooo ooooo!!!!!!!!! JESUS IS LORD!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 3:03pm On Apr 12, 2019
042viber12:
happy for you! congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2019
Congratulations.....Well deserved!
042viber12:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2019
sillysassysally:
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!

Congratulations!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2019
I can't stop thanking Austacus....Bros I don't know wat I should offer u but mehn...let's say I owe u something wen we meet at Algonquin..God bless you for me for your hint... u did yours and got it in 3days...I did the same, started on Monday and got it in on a Friday...bro, I OWE YOU PLENTY!!!....for other May/June/july applicants that didn't get info on the hint...

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.