Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866510 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mofpearl: 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2019
Betochy:

I called graduate studies they said I should speak to department. I have been calling department for 2days straight, nobody picks (voicemail) starting from 3pm Nigeria time till 12am.
Pls who did you call in the computer sci dept that answered you

I called the community health science department because that's what I applied for. Call the program adminstrator and if possible, speak to your supervisor. When you were reccomended for admission, you recieved an email from the program administrator ( I suppose). His/her details will be in the signature of the email. You can also check the department website. Check the time in Halifax before calling. Avoid calling during lunchtime.
I am not sure if they are asking you to take a course but speak to them with alternatives that you already came up with. It will make their decision much easier. If they are placing conditions, they think you need it. You now have to explain why you don't need it or what you have put in place to meet the conditions. If it's a course, maybe you can suggest that you take it there at Dal.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
Valprincx:
Approval alert!!!

Paper route Feb 15
Biometric Feb 15
Upfront medicals
Biometric correspondence mail. April 18
Approved. April 24.
Classes begins: May 13th. MUN

I am so so grateful to God, don't even know where to start from. My approval is a miracle o. I never knew about this forum until 3 weeks after applying, whoops!! And when I started reading posts here I was so scared that I messed up my application, because I felt my documents I submitted wasn't complete, like affidavits of sponsor, certificates, and what made me scared the most was my sponsor..I used a third party sponsor, I don't even know the person, he just allowed me to use his SOA (but he was a kind man tho. I approached him that day and gave Me his SOA the next day) and my parent weren't financially buoyant at all.. I just used what I saw on Google and CIC website to apply o.
So when I started reading post here about the nairobi guys, home ties, third party sponsor...I was so damn scared , I lot hope already, I was just waiting for a refusal sef so I can reapply better and in peace, because the tension ehh no be here o.
A big thank you to @ Qudkom @ makano for your advice. @Dmerciful my personal VO ,i worried him as if he was the VO handling my application o..lol, he advised me to send another SOA (mine and my elder brother)via web form and mail to them even after getting biometric correspondence mail. thanks for your support and prayers only God can repay you.
Above all i thank God almighty for his favour and grace. I fasted and prayed earnestly, and God almighty manifested .
Thanks to everyone on this platform and to all the hopefuls, God will show his favour on your application. Amen.
You are next to testify.

Documents submitted

Passport
CIC form
SOP
Notification of result
Admission letter
Employment letter
Birth certificate
Mothers birth certificate
Third party sponsor SOA. Inflow 65m outflow 64m, balance was less than 100k.

Congratulations... wish you all the best in Canada and glad to be part of your testimony.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mzjokky16: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
Thank u so much, i appreciate
quote author=JustMellow post=77843767]

As a fresh graduate, your stated documents looks okay. If you have some funds in your personal savings account, show it.

The address means nothing, a person can decide to purchase a property in any place of choice but to satisfy all curiosity, you can briefly hint at it on your SOP/LOE.

Good luck!

To the open house:

Uploading the supposed documents for one's application here for scrutinization is a very good idea but its not a guarantee for a successfully application/an approval. The VOs has the final decision to what the outcome of the submitted documents would make of the application decision.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Betochy: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
Mofpearl:

I called the community health science department because that's what I applied for. Call the program adminstrator and if possible, speak to your supervisor. When you were reccomended for admission, you recieved an email from the program administrator ( I suppose). His/her details will be in the signature of the email. You can also check the department website. Check the time in Halifax before calling. Avoid calling during lunchtime.
I am not sure if they are asking you to take a course but speak to them with alternatives that you already came up with. It will make their decision much easier. If they are placing conditions, they think you need it. You now have to explain why you don't need it or what you have put in place to meet the conditions. If it's a course, maybe you can suggest that you take it there at Dal.

Hope this helps.
@Mofpearl : thank you for your prompt response.
They are asking me for ielts which is not meant to be,.its not a computer course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mofpearl: 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2019
Betochy:

@Mofpearl : thank you for your prompt response.
They are asking me for ielts which is not meant to be,.its not a computer course.
Is this for graduate school?
Do you mind writing the IELTS test?
You can call/email about how the processing time for the visa is long and the official language in Nigeria is English. You can also state that you are willing to send samples of your writing, if needed. Try to speak on the phone with someone ( they can also judge your level of speaking and understanding this way as well). Although I wasn't asked for an English proficiency test, I am not sure if it has to do with the fact that I did my undergrad at an international branch of a Canadian University.

I guess I also have ask if you mind writing the IELTS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mzjokky16: 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ooops, as regards my statement of account,i kust transfer the money there to my other account so i wpmt spend it, hope it wont sound fishy or suspicious if i transfer it back, I'm thinking it will look as if i transfered a lump of cash and this isnt good for presentation
The second thing here as regard my account is, i do get many inflow and outflow cos im into petty business, im i suppose to have this as a student who as never worked as stated in my Sop.
Thanks in advance for d response.

mzjokky16:
Thank u so much, i appreciate
quote author=JustMellow post=77843767]

As a fresh graduate, your stated documents looks okay. If you have some funds in your personal savings account, show it.

The address means nothing, a person can decide to purchase a property in any place of choice but to satisfy all curiosity, you can briefly hint at it on your SOP/LOE.

Good luck!

To the open house:

Uploading the supposed documents for one's application here for scrutinization is a very good idea but its not a guarantee for a successfully application/an approval. The VOs has the final decision to what the outcome of the submitted documents would make of the application decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
Congratulations!

Valprincx:
Approval alert!!!

Paper route Feb 15
Biometric Feb 15
Upfront medicals
Approved. April 24.

I am so so grateful to God, don't even know where to start from. My approval is a miracle o. I never knew about this forum until 3 weeks after applying, whoops!! And when I started reading posts here I was so scared that I messed up my application, because I felt my documents I submitted wasn't complete, like affidavits of sponsor, certificates, and what made me scared the most was my sponsor..I used a third party sponsor, I don't even know the person, he just allowed me to use his SOA (but he was a kind man tho. I approached him that day and gave Me his SOA the next day) and my parent weren't financially buoyant at all.. I just used what I saw on Google and CIC website to apply o.
So when I started reading post here about the nairobi guys, home ties, third party sponsor...I was so damn scared , I lot hope already, I was just waiting for a refusal sef so I can reapply better and in peace, because the tension ehh no be here o.
A big thank you to @ Qudkom @ makano for your advice. @Dmerciful my personal VO ,i worried him as if he was the VO handling my application o..lol, he advised me to send another SOA (mine and my elder brother)via web form and mail to them even after getting biometric correspondence mail. thanks for your support and prayers only God can repay you.
Above all i thank God almighty for his favour and grace. I fasted and prayed earnestly, and God almighty manifested .
Thanks to everyone on this platform and to all the hopefuls, God will show his favour on your application. Amen.
You are next to testify.

Documents submitted

Passport
CIC form
SOP
Notification of result
Admission letter
Employment letter
Birth certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
sillysassysally:
Maybe we could also include this in the TRV Update?

I think yes, so the VO that handled the application can easily be identified to if there is a spontaneous change, so every prospective/aspiring applicant can have a clue just like back-in-time were apps were shuffled between Nairobi/London/Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mykaelolalekan: 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2019
congrats on your approval.

quote author=Valprincx post=77848182]Approval alert!!!

Paper route Feb 15
Biometric Feb 15
Upfront medicals
Approved. April 24.

You are next to testify.

Documents submitted

Passport
CIC form
SOP
Notification of result
Admission letter
Employment letter
Birth certificate
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by John3mace: 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
How to reduce the duration of my visa processing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 5:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
Congratulations to you! Your application gives me hope.
Valprincx:
Approval alert!!!

Paper route Feb 15
Biometric Feb 15
Upfront medicals
Approved. April 24.
Classes begins: May 13th.
You are next to testify.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
mzjokky16:
Ooops, as regards my statement of account,i kust transfer the money there to my other account so i wpmt spend it, hope it wont sound fishy or suspicious if i transfer it back, I'm thinking it will look as if i transfered a lump of cash and this isnt good for presentation
The second thing here as regard my account is, i do get many inflow and outflow cos im into petty business, im i suppose to have this as a student who as never worked as stated in my Sop.
Thanks in advance for d response.

Everything boils down to how you sell your application with your words(SOP/LOE), relevant documents, reasonable thinking in line with IRCC provisions.

Globalization has evolved the world that modernized initiatives has become the new tool of sustenance that: even a high school/college student in the Western world can be a million dollar stockbroker, IT genius, inventor, developer, business/marketing strategist let alone in Nigeria were capitalism has a grip hold like flu on almost everybody.

Most undergraduate students in Nigeria owns small scale businesses etc which they use to sustain themselves and academics.

I think your answer is within this post, just carve it out. And as for the lump sum, just be honest in explaining it as a choice decision which you'd reconsidered to rather be in your most active or play outside a little away from the truth but be honest
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 5:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
Valprincx:
Approval alert!!!

Paper route Feb 15
Biometric Feb 15
Upfront medicals
Approved. April 24.

You are next to testify.

Documents submitted

Passport
CIC form
SOP
Notification of result
Admission letter
Employment letter
Birth certificate

Congrats
More successes to come
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 6:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
It cannot be reduced per se. BUT if your rwsption date is close and you haven't received any message from them, please start sending web forms and email messages to the office handling your application.

John3mace:
How to reduce the duration of my visa processing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greyworld: 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2019
good day guys pls any knows the cost of Canadian student visa? pls its urgent tnks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
Good evening to us all.

While filling the imm forms. Is a question like if you have families in canada ?
Although I have family there. ( My Uncle, his wife & their children in Ontario. All Citizens. And we all bear same surname ) what will he the demerit of stating I have family in canada ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by adel3951: 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2019
[quote author=Emmyirab post=77637261]
Yes, I am in Saskatchewan already.
So all I need is to get a SIN and I will be good? [/quote

Sorry 4 d late reply, yes go there..... after which you need to let cic know and they can give you another work permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cutieflaky: 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
Bracha:
Hi,

Any news from them yet?

Not yet o
The automated message I got state that I should wait for 5 working days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 6:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
Valprincx:
Approval alert!!!

Paper route Feb 15
Biometric Feb 15
Upfront medicals
Approved. April 24.

You are next to testify.

Documents submitted

Passport
CIC form
SOP
Notification of result
Admission letter
Employment letter
Birth certificate
Congratulations . may God be praised forever.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mijac: 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
Valprincx:
Approval alert!!!

Paper route Feb 15
Biometric Feb 15
Upfront medicals
Approved. April 24.
Classes begins: May 13th. .

Congrats, God is good.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Valprincx(f): 7:36pm On Apr 25, 2019
Thanks everyone ...God bless you guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cherryola: 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
@Valprincx from your third party what did he or she show as commitment to sponsor you did any one of them transfer money to you
Valprincx:
Thanks everyone ...God bless you guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nonipeter: 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
Hello Please frank if the University that you applied tell you alternate program what will you do they send me a alternate program they said they can't offer me an admission is an alternate program they told me please I am confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by powerblessing: 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
Please I need help on how to go about this. I want to cancel my online visa application that have been under review for 10 months. Please gurus this are urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
Austacus can you help her?

powerblessing:
Please I need help on how to go about this. I want to cancel my online visa application that have been under review for 10 months. Please gurus this are urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 9:24pm On Apr 25, 2019
Why do u wanna withdraw ur application after waiting for 10 months, Y did u just decide u wanna withdraw ur application on the 10th month.. Have u ever thought maybe this action u wanna take is actually to withdraw ur approval? According to my personal observation of the May/June/July applicants that applied and waited for over 8 months, 90% of their applications have been approvals... And this observation has been the one keeping me going. (My application will be 10 months next month) cos I know my application will be approved and I can not think of withdrawing my approval.. If ur Eligibility review is over 5 months and you have done ur medicals and passed, I will advice u have a little bit of patience.. We have seen on this part of someone that got his visa after 11 months and in the case of Abiodunne of part 13 that got his approval after 1 year 4 months or so.. I will advise you have a little bit of patience and do not withdraw ur approval or let anybody push u to take that action.. The best you can do is to disturb them with consistent mails until they reply you. Thats my little advise for you, but if u still insist of cancelling ur application, all well and good.. But as for me I will wait for my approval.. Good luck.
powerblessing:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
Hey guys,

Please how can we know what office is treating our application?

Do we have to send emails to Kenya, London and Ghana ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2019
You Can also send emails to every person you can lay your hands on.
Betochy:

I called graduate studies they said I should speak to department. I have been calling department for 2days straight, nobody picks (voicemail) starting from 3pm Nigeria time till 12am.
Pls who did you call in the computer sci dept that answered you

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.