Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,910 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (870564 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 9:39am On Apr 26, 2019
powerblessing:
Please I need help on how to go about this. I want to cancel my online visa application that have been under review for 10 months. Please gurus this are urgent

Raise a webform or send an email to the visa office handling your application with your UCI number, Passport number, Application number, DoB, Name of Home country, Application type, Receipt of Visa payment, and full name as shown on your passport, then with a brief body message as to your request.

See here for more information:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OB411(m): 9:54am On Apr 26, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Your visa can still be approved without the New LOA.

Please I beg you, don't withdraw your application. I read reasons why you want to withdraw. If it is the same UK I once lived and studied, I know for sure that you can get visa approval within 15 days (if you have the money, you will get visa within 5 days or same day) and you can get admission to most schools in UK within 5 days. Infact, their admission and visa process is not stressful because they want your money.

If I were you, I will wait (even if it means me waiting till January next year to study in UK, God forbid, if the Canada visa does not come through) to see what happens with this Canada application. You have waited for 10 months, please see it through. I am positive you will get it.

Is it the same UK that students are looking for ways to run from?
Personally, I will not advise anyone to study in UK, if the plan is to stay back after studies. Staying for 1 year to study in Canada is worth it, yes Canadian visa is worth the wait.

However, if your plan is to study and come back to Naija , then withdraw your application and go to UK. Masters is even 1 year or 16 months in UK.

P.S UK visa is the probably the easiest student visa in the world, you are 90% guaranteed getting it. You can go there anytime.

The decision is yours. God bless.

Good Advice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 10:36am On Apr 26, 2019
Morning all, for PGC applicant, what do I choose for my level if study ? Cant sec PGc, only seeing college certificate, college dip.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 11:42am On Apr 26, 2019
Same with me, but I chose college Certificate.
Asapant:
Morning all, for PGC applicant, what do I choose for my level if study ? Cant sec PGc, only seeing college certificate, college dip.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by moderatedguy: 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2019
Pls Gurus in the house can u help me with rough estimates of total cost to study in canada for a first degree course in MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION STUDIES 1.Processing study PERMIT 2.FLIGHT TICKET 3.TUITION FEE PER YEAR 4.LIVING COST IN CANADA as a student per year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
ahmedio2017:

I'm 24 years old
Boss I'm still expecting u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tembuk(m): 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hello House.. Good afternoon and sure our day is going on well..

Please i need help of the guru in the house , i am planning to apply for a post graduate course at NBCC, Uni. of Manitoba and Uni. of Saskatchewan but i got information that Higher National Diplomas are not accepted for post grad course. please i need help on applying for other options like certificate course, how possible and what is the chances of that as i am above 35 yrs old.

Thanks in anticipation.. @ justwise pls i need ur email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2019
adel3951
I can not get a SIN if my study permit doesn't say I may work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
tembuk:
Hello House.. Good afternoon and sure our day is going on well..

Please i need help of the guru in the house , i am planning to apply for a post graduate course at NBCC, Uni. of Manitoba and Uni. of Saskatchewan but i got information that Higher National Diplomas are not accepted for post grad course. please i need help on applying for other options like certificate course, how possible and what is the chances of that as i am above 35 yrs old.

Thanks in anticipation.. @ justwise pls i need ur email.

That's correct. It seems almost impossible. You will be needing a Bachelors to undergo a post graduate program/course but if deciding to opt for a PGD/C in a university(if they offer), depending on the DLI and their requirements, you might be asked to complete a prerequisite course(s).

In terms of intending to undergo a first degree in a university, your secondary school certificate and the university's preliminary exams/requirements are more relevant than the HND to somewhat of an extent.

Before you beginning any process, contact the prospect DLI to know their stance, if they accept an HND.

BTW your best chances is to apply to colleges for a PGD/C, and your age? Its just a number though it could also be a decisive factor in your visa processing which is trajectory to other factors when the VO scrutinize your application.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
Asapant:
Thanks

A college certificate is the most suitable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2019
@Omonoba1981 what's the update on your medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 2:19pm On Apr 26, 2019
Thanks boss
JustMellow:

A college certificate is the most suitable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chichilas: 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2019
makano:
Its Makano tho.. U didnt drop ur full details... When did u apply and have u been called for Medicals, is it an online applicaton or paper, If its an online application, whats the status of ur aplication? If ur application is beyond the official processing time, then I will advise you start sending them messages through the webform... And if you don't receive any feedback from them in like a week, then u can start sendng them messages to their respective email addresses... And when sending them the messages, stress the fact that ur school would resume soon, also let ur Subject be URGENT.. GOOD LUCK..

Hello Makano. I sent you a PM. I would like to discuss something with you. It is kinda confidential. Please oblige me.

Will wait for your email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2019
This issue is also a headache to me I have tried all the options there still can't link it.
magastefan:
Guys pls how do I link my paper application to online to know the progress of our application...we applied since 18 the Feb. Help pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2019
Read this previous post by Frank.. https://www.nairaland.com/4390108/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33#66255587
magastefan:
Guys pls how do I link my paper application to online to know the progress of our application...we applied since 18 the Feb. Help pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Magnifico2000: 4:01pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hello my people, good evening. How has been your day.

Please I need an advice from you.

I am 28 years of age and already have my BSC and masters. All efforts to get a good paying job have been fruitless. So I'm thinking of migrating to Canada or any other good foreign country (USA I heard is kinda dificult)
My question is this. Can I apply to universities in Canada for a Postgraduate course or possibly another masters.

Or should I apply through canadaian Express entry. I can get a good statement of account but what are my chances of getting a visa.

I would be grateful if I'm giving a candid advice, I shall forever be grateful.

Cc: makano Qudkom justmellow naijaforeigner
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2019
Good day eveyone. For the family information form.
I am to fill the section A and B ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
My candid advise is that you go for express entry, because of your age, your masters is a great advantage, instant PR and cost implication of schooling. Try to know more about both options you have i.e study visa and express entry, and your final decision.

Magnifico2000:

I am 28 years of age and already have my BSC and masters. All efforts to get a good paying job have been fruitless. So I'm thinking of migrating to Canada or any other good foreign country (USA I heard is kinda dificult)
My question is this. Can I apply to universities in Canada for a Postgraduate course or possibly another masters.

Or should I apply through canadaian Express entry. I can get a good statement of account but what are my chances of getting a visa.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2019
Someone should kindly provide answer to my inquiry.
Am I to fill the Section A and B of the family info form ?
Asapant:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:43pm On Apr 26, 2019
I just tried it again using the option in the link (which I have used before) still nothing.
I really prefer monitoring from my GSKey.

I will just wait for when I will get correspondence from Nairobi before trying it again.

makano:
Read this previous post by Frank.. https://www.nairaland.com/4390108/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33#66255587
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
Magnifico2000:

You already have a masters. To study in Canada now, a VO will be looking for a PhD from you.
Since your aim is to migrate, I suggest you go for express entry and your masters degree is an advantage there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 7:43pm On Apr 26, 2019
28 years and u have a Masters degree? If I were you, I wont have any business here in the study permit thread... So I will advice u migrate to the Express Entry thread and get more info on how u can get ur PPR.. Here is the link https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/397 What you should be focusing on now is how to ace ur IELTS, and hope u have a little bit of work experience... With that u are very very good to go.. So leave here immediately and migrate to the Express Entry thread.. Best of Luck.. Peace
Magnifico2000:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Magnifico2000: 7:47pm On Apr 26, 2019
makano:
28 years and u have a Masters degree? If I were you, I wont have any business here in the study permit thread... So I will advice u migrate to the Express Entry thread and get more info on how u can get ur PPR.. Here is the link https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/397 What you should be focusing on now is how to ace ur IELTS, and hope u have a little bit of work experience... With that u are very very good to go.. So leave here immediately and migrate to the Express Entry thread.. Best of Luck.. Peace
Yessir. So how do I write this IELTS.. although I have very little experience in teaching. As my certificates are both in education.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 7:48pm On Apr 26, 2019
Maybe u are putting figures were u are suppose to put alphabets and vice versa .. e.g instead of O u are putting 0.. something like that, So check well and correct urself.. And if after doing this, it still persists then consult ur "doctor" (Google or Youtube).. Peace
chibertha:
I just tried it again using the option in the link (which I have used before) still nothing.
I really prefer monitoring from my GSKey.

I will just wait for when I will get correspondence from Nairobi before trying it again.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okattamgbee: 7:50pm On Apr 26, 2019
I guess section "B" is for your parents right? If yes and you knows much about them, nothing stops you from filling it. However, if they are readily available, they can fill it themselves.
Asapant:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 7:50pm On Apr 26, 2019
That's the link for IELTS https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here/320 Good luck..
Magnifico2000:

Yessir. So how do I write this IELTS.. although I have very little experience in teaching. As my certificates are both in education.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by guzenaira: 7:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Dear sir/ma,

Impossibility doesn’t always have its way with me provided you do the needful and trust God in all you do.

On this thread in 2016, I saw someone who got both TRV and PR.

If you have all they need for the study visa be it 2nd masters or PhD, you can achieve it.

From my end, gather all the knowledge you need here and apply for your TRV and go to the EE route as well and try it out.

Remember, all applications may be connected but they are always treated differently based on what you submit to them.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2019
chibertha:
I got mail from Lagos which contained my application number and advising me to direct any query I have to Nairobi henceforth that was 2 weeks after I submitted my application

Please was paper route or online route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2019
Valprincx:
Approval alert!!!

Paper route Feb 15
Biometric Feb 15
Upfront medicals
Biometric correspondence mail. April 18
Approved. April 24.
Classes begins: May 13th. MUN

I am so so grateful to God, don't even know where to start from. My approval is a miracle o. I never knew about this forum until 3 weeks after applying, whoops!! And when I started reading posts here I was so scared that I messed up my application, because I felt my documents I submitted wasn't complete, like affidavits of sponsor, certificates, and what made me scared the most was my sponsor..I used a third party sponsor, I don't even know the person, he just allowed me to use his SOA (but he was a kind man tho. I approached him that day and gave Me his SOA the next day) and my parent weren't financially buoyant at all.. I just used what I saw on Google and CIC website to apply o.
So when I started reading post here about the nairobi guys, home ties, third party sponsor...I was so damn scared , I lot hope already, I was just waiting for a refusal sef so I can reapply better and in peace, because the tension ehh no be here o.
A big thank you to @ Qudkom @ makano for your advice. @Dmerciful my personal VO ,i worried him as if he was the VO handling my application o..lol, he advised me to send another SOA (mine and my elder brother)via web form and mail to them even after getting biometric correspondence mail. thanks for your support and prayers only God can repay you.
Above all i thank God almighty for his favour and grace. I fasted and prayed earnestly, and God almighty manifested .
Thanks to everyone on this platform and to all the hopefuls, God will show his favour on your application. Amen.
You are next to testify.

Documents submitted

Passport
CIC form
SOP
Notification of result
Admission letter
Employment letter
Birth certificate
Mothers birth certificate
Third party sponsor SOA. Inflow 65m outflow 64m, balance was less than 100k.
A big congratulations to you. God will do it for us all, Amen!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by arogun78: 8:10pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hello,everyone. Please what is the fastest way to send money to Nigeria from Canada. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 8:24pm On Apr 26, 2019
Good day house, pls I need someone to help me check my SOP......pls!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.