Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (873446 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nochyks87: 9:18pm On May 05, 2019
makano:
There is no harm or cime in sending them through the webform. U just have to explain to them that u omitted these 2 important documents, after which they will receive and add them to ur file.. You can as well send it through mail to the official email address of the office handling ur application. Peace
Thanks alot @makano please which particular office handles online applications and what is their email address?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 9:24pm On May 05, 2019
London was solely responsible for online application for Nigerians as at last year, but now Its now shared to 2 other offices i.e Lagos and Nairobi... These are their email addresses: For London - ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca , For Lagos - LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca I dont know that of Nairobi cos I didnt actually care to know, beefing them at the moment.. But I will suggest u send a general webform, you will knw the particular office responsible for ur application from their response to you.. Good luck
nochyks87:

Thanks alot @makano please which particular office handles online applications and what is their email address?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nochyks87: 9:36pm On May 05, 2019
makano:
London was solely responsible for online application for Nigerians as at last year, but now Its now shared to 2 other offices i.e Lagos and Nairobi... These are their email addresses: For London - ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca , For Lagos - LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca I dont know that of Nairobi cos I didnt actually care to know, beefing them at the moment.. But I will suggest u send a general webform, you will knw the particular office responsible for ur application from their response to you.. Good luck
Thanks brotherly. I really appreciate your timely response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by democrat101: 9:56pm On May 05, 2019
Kez911:
For people I helped with sample of SOP for guidance...pls you are meant to use it as a guidance in create your own unique sop which involves literally researching on your own course, try to explain why u wanna do such course, what you intend to do afterwards etc.... Cos I just reviewed an Sop someone here sent and he/she basically just edited wat I sent to him/her and sent it back for me to proof read...nothing special..i was just annoyed cos this person isn't really serious about trying to avoid possible denials like purpose of visit..
please brother can you help with a sample of SOP.. oluwadamilarekenny1@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:20pm On May 05, 2019
Uwc, happy to assist..
nochyks87:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chromatic: 10:23pm On May 05, 2019
Hi Guys, i need a clarification on upfront medical. I sent a mail for appointment to IOM Ikeja and they responded requesting for information like this below which i have responded to.

Case Number: IME/UCI/UMI number/Upfront (please indicate)
Visa type:
Full names: (as it Appears in your International Passport)
Sex:
Date of birth:
Issued date of Passport
Expiring date of Passport
suitable date(Monday to Thursday).

My issue now is that they did not respond to my mail or any confirmation for the date i chose. Should i just show up on my suitable date or how does it work for the guys that have tested at IOM in the past?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nalizzzy: 10:45pm On May 05, 2019
AgroNACT:
TRV REFUSED! PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE

I applied on the 12th of April, after 21 days, i was refused based on the following grounds: Travel history, Personal asset and financial status, Purpose of visit,
Current employment situation.

I studied Crop Science (B.Agric) and I got fully funded Msc admission to study same course, Plant Sciences at MSc level (Applied Plant Ecology and sustainable system option), U of Sask, College of Agriculture and Bioresources for Fall term September, 2019

The funding covers my Research expenses, Tuition ($6536), Living expenses ($10000) with extra balance of $7k, annually.

I will be 31years old this July. I am currently serving and i will be through with NYSC by July also.

Here are the supporting documents i submitted:
1) SOP (explaining purpose of visit, allocation of available fund, need for NYSC, reasons for lack of travel history, why i must return home, the prospects of my MSc)
2) CV
3) LOA/Funding letter
4) Data page
5) Degree certificate, Transcript and NECO
6) Passport Data page
7) IT completion (IITA)
cool 3 recommendation letters (from USasK, Undergraduate, and IT supervisors, respectively)
9) Research publication (front page) on Int'l Journal of Plant and Soil Science
10) Birth Attestation and Certificate
11) Siblings (5) birth certificates, all married, except last one. All in Naija
12) NYSC (ID, Call up, Posting)
13) Police clearance
14) Msc Research Proposal for grant application (1st 2pages)
15) Certificate of Origin
16) Personal SOA with Balance of #1.2M (for flight itinerary)
17) Wedding Certificate (for home tie)
18) Wife birth certificate
19) Mother's last promotion letter at federal Agric Research Institute
20) Father's death certificate
21) Purchase agreement of 2 separate family lands
22) Photos (Wife and I, with some family members.

I wish to Re-apply immediately my GCMS note arrives in a month time.

PLEASE GURU I NEED YOUR CANDID AND PROFESSIONAL ADVICE ON WHAT I SHOULD ADD, REMOVE OR DO DIFFERENTLY!

Thanks for the great works always.

@Frankrobbn1 @GboyegaD @Austicus @042viber

what is the source of the 1.2mill and do you have experience on the field work of plant science
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by godsong(f): 11:47pm On May 05, 2019
IbikunleBukky:
No need for sales receipt, bank statement reflecting the transactions is better and CAC dosc will be better.
there is no harm in adding 2-3 sales receipt to back up funds that reflect on your sponsors statement of account especially if it’s large funds. It actually helps to clarify the data on the SOA.SOA is a must and receipt are just to support.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 12:34am On May 06, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by fufuNegusi(m): 12:36am On May 06, 2019
Please does anyone here have any idea on

1. how I can apply for Student Visa to Canada without using IELTS??

And

2. which schools in Canada won’t require me to pay any upfront tuition fees ( I wish to work and pay off when I get there) ??

I wish to do a Postgraduate MSC course over there so I’m really in search of how I can achieve this dream

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by snowlordng(m): 1:22am On May 06, 2019
Kez911:
For people I helped with sample of SOP for guidance...pls you are meant to use it as a guide in creating your own unique sop which involves literally researching on your own course, try to explain why u wanna do such course, what you intend to do afterwards etc.... Cos I just reviewed an Sop someone here sent and he/she basically just edited wat I sent to him/her and sent it back for me to proof read...nothing special..i was just annoyed cos this person isn't really serious about trying to avoid possible denials like purpose of visit..also I suggest when stating u are from the family of Mr (full name) and Mrs (full name) accompany with date if birth for each, I am the last of 10 children. There names in full are (according to who came 1st to the very last) with each of their date of birth....like I said try and be unique...
pls can you provide the guidline for writing sop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by cychristaa: 1:55am On May 06, 2019
yemilasko:
hello house..here i am in canada.����...i will like to share my poe cuz i was abit concernd abt that before leavg nigeria..and cuz my cousin was once denied at d POE..my journey was smooth.the distance frm casablanca to montreal was jst tiring cuz i went with my daughtr...but thank God,i Got to montreal airport lately ,was asked to go to immigratn 1...and our conversatiom goes thus.....

cbsa........hi
me...........hello
cbsa........passport pls
me...........i handed it over
cbsa.........can u gv me 5min to print ur study permit pls
me...........yea..and i dropped my passport and decided to v a seat
Aftr 5min he called me bck and handed it over to me,he asked if my daughtr was on studnt visa too ,i answerd No and he said welcome to canada ,you can go fr ur baggage pls...
i was surprised nothg was asked,no questn..nothg
meanwile i saw other pple with thorough checking ,some were directed to immigration 2,i met some sitting down and left them still sitting ...
I return all the glory to the Almighty God and i want us to alwys put evrythg befr God...my prayer point was alwys (GOD I DNT WANT ANY DELAY AT THE POE ,DEY SHLD JUST HAND OVER MY STUDY PERMIT AND SAY WELCOME TO CANADA) i actually got it d way i wanted...atyms wen im prayg i usually say is it possible but now i knw my God is awesome....i pray fr every1 waitg for response fr visa shall have a positive response IJN.

I had the same fear too! Even started reading news about how they've denied entries in the past. I was also worried about customs giving me issues with my luggage. Surprisingly, all the person asked me was what school, what course and that was that. Even printed my account statement as POF sef just in case.

Ps. I'll advise anyone coming to book a flight with at least 3 or 4 hrs layover at the POE, because I missed my connecting flight and it was not funny at all. Had to spend 2days in Toronto before I got another flight to Winnipeg.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by cychristaa: 1:58am On May 06, 2019
mulikky:

It means we were on the same flight and my story was similar with immigration 2 stand but my best moment was the fact that I was already in Casablanca for 8hours layover before my immigration introduction letter was updated on my Cic account. It took God for me to get it printed within the airport as everyone was just saying there was no facility for such in the airport.
Let's keep believing in our dreams

Wow! I love your spirit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:27am On May 06, 2019
After I tried it and it didn't work , when I got my application number, oh how happy i was and used it too " wu sai"

My people una thank your the help.
Make we just stay dey wait for

"APPROVAL ALERT"
that the must important thing

Oluwaseunbd:
I had this issue too.but I got a mail to do biometrics and in the mail,my application number was there.it was my application number I eventually used to link it.i dnt know if u have your application number,if u do,try using it...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:31am On May 06, 2019
Nairobi

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

nochyks87:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henkubert: 6:37am On May 06, 2019
I am also going to U of M

cychristaa:
P. S Anyone going of U of M or Manitoba generally this spring/summer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:44am On May 06, 2019
If you go to the first page of this thread you will see what you are looking for.
snowlordng:
pls can you provide the guidline for writing sop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 6:51am On May 06, 2019
So as not to shut my self, should I simply mute my Dad does a business, bkuz there's no bank statement for his business, he receives his money by cash. He recently retired though. He has 15 plots of land worth 12m. After the calculation of my whole expenses in canada. His account will be 5M left. So theres enough fund for my studies.

He does poultry. Should I disclose he's into business ?

Advice me pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 7:00am On May 06, 2019
Asapant:
So as not to shut my self, should I simply mute my Dad does a business, bkuz there's no bank statement for his business, he receives his money by cash. He recently retired though. He has 15 plots of land worth 12m. After the calculation of my whole expenses in canada. His account will be 5M left. So theres enough fund for my studies.

He does poultry. Should I disclose he's into business ?

Advice me pls
Are you the only dependant? Having 5m when there’s nothing there dependant doesn’t show a good financial strength.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 7:02am On May 06, 2019
Yes. Am his only dependant. His business is not registeted
Tlontin:

Are you the only dependant? Having 5m when there’s nothing there dependant doesn’t show a good financial strength.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 7:18am On May 06, 2019
Asapant:
Yes. Am his only dependant. His business is not registeted
Business not registered is a big deal. But a good inflow and outflow of SOA might help. Lets wait for the gurus to come in.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AgroNACT(m): 8:58am On May 06, 2019
sillysassysally:
Wow, I am so sorry about the outcome of your SP application.
Did you apply alone? or did you apply with your wife?

No, i didn't apply with my wife. In fact, i indicated she is not accompanying me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AgroNACT(m): 9:07am On May 06, 2019
Senatorkolade:

The Red flag here is that you are currently serving

OMG!

Thanks so much for your response!
Some people told me how they got it while serving and how they emphasised serving their country. That's why i included it.

Do u suggest i reapply when i am done with service by July 28th? By that time, there will be no current employment and My resumption (Fall, 2019), would be 1 month time.

Thanks alot, Stay blessed!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AgroNACT(m): 9:30am On May 06, 2019
sillysassysally:
How is NYSC a red flag? i don't agree with this.

For me, I think he failed to convince the VO on two key things.
1. Purpose of visit - how well did he address this in his SOA
2. Intention to return to home country after studies - the OP is 31 and has no travel history. Also, how well did he show potential job prospects upon his return to Nigeria?

These are the things that come to my mind. Of course, GCMS notes would help put things into perspective.

Thanks so much.

I think i tried my best to explain the purpose of visit.

About SOA, pls, is $46800 not enough for the total duration when the tuition for the 2years is $13072?

Really, I explained the job prospects, i even got a recommendation letter from an International Scientist in that field in a reputable international agric research institute practicing in that line. He also explained the prospects.

Please do i really tackle this issues in my next application?

Stay blessed!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mur231: 9:33am On May 06, 2019
Kez911:

Pm me....

Hey bro,

I would like to have a sample of your written SOP.
and I will also send you a copy of what I have written for you to proofread. Kindly send it to emekajames101@yahoo.com.
Thanks in anticipation!

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51