Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (868107 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 4:44pm On May 05, 2019
IbikunleBukky:
ADVISE @austusus, 04 viber, qudkom, justmellow et'al

what is the best solution for a young couple who wants to relocate and hubby's sister is sponsor via SP

1) Tuition 13k, flight 4k to and fro, upkeep 15k, couple's joint account is 6k, sister has 55k in mutual fund and other investment like treasury. currencies are CAD.

couple are both employed and run private business and weekend basis. hubby has inheritance from grandparents land, house. couple both have landed property in their name different.

2) hubby going for a yr course, should they apply together or separately? if together, wont the vo think its just a short course and can stand as home ties for hubby? or can the couple claim their a growing family?
if you’re a young couple like you said, why not apply through the express entry platform but do know the route Will be easier if one of the couple has a Masters degree, below 30years and a good ielts score.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 4:53pm On May 05, 2019
yes, she got refused and i am not applying immediately, just planning on how to go. i intend to apply myself for SP and her as accompanying dependent. part of the criteria for open work permit for dependent relative is to first apply for visiting then OWP. what it means to my best of understanding it that you have to first pay for visiting then OWP. and OWP can be applied at the embassy or POE.
Bracha:
Didn't your wife's study permit application just get refused? Why do you want her to apply for visit visa immediately? She cannot work on a visit visa, therefore a spousal open work permit is what she has to apply for after you have received your study permit.

Good luck.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 4:59pm On May 05, 2019
EE is tight for us. both are over 30 and best is a two degree. with 8777 is 390. if she gets her CPA by God's grace thats a 440. SO EE is not that friendly to us. considering age at the corner, by next year it will drop.
Tlontin:
if you’re a young couple like you said, why not apply through the express entry platform but do know the route Will be easier if one of the couple has a Masters degree, below 30years and a good ielts score.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 5:20pm On May 05, 2019
IbikunleBukky:
EE is tight for us. both are over 30 and best is a two degree. with 8777 is 390. if she gets her CPA by God's grace thats a 440. SO EE is not that friendly to us. considering age at the corner, by next year it will drop.
Okay. Wish you goodluck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 5:27pm On May 05, 2019
My Dad has enough fund to sponsor me. He wishes to add sales receipts of his business as supporting financial docs not main financial docs.
IbikunleBukky:
from an accounting point of view, internal documents are not strong enough compared to bank statements. therefore, it is not advisable adding these documents stated by you as a financial means.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greatg0809: 5:45pm On May 05, 2019
Sorry generally is online route d fastest
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 6:14pm On May 05, 2019
No need for sales receipt, bank statement reflecting the transactions is better and CAC dosc will be better.
Asapant:
My Dad has enough fund to sponsor me. He wishes to add sales receipts of his business as supporting financial docs not main financial docs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 6:16pm On May 05, 2019
In most cases, its fastest. obviously, its well detailed than paper. you will be updated every step which you wont get in paper.
Greatg0809:
Sorry generally is online route d fastest
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greatg0809: 6:26pm On May 05, 2019
IbikunleBukky:
In most cases, its fastest. obviously, its well detailed than paper. you will be updated every step which you wont get in paper.
Okay thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greatg0809: 6:31pm On May 05, 2019
IbikunleBukky:
Thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kishkosh: 6:45pm On May 05, 2019
Hello guys,
Great work you guys are doing @frankrobbn1, makano, bracha, qudcom and host of other invaluable gurus.

Guys , I'm thinking of withdrawing my application after a long wait since June 2018 and apply afresh.
I need you guys opinion on this pls.
I have sent several CSE and mails and even ordered for my GCMS note( which I didn't really see any substantial reason for the delay in it )

Will the withdrawal have any negative implication on my next application or I should just continue to keep all hopes alive .
NB , my school resumes 1st of Sept and I know we are nearing the peak period of TRV applicants .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kishkosh: 6:47pm On May 05, 2019
Asapant:
When adding sales receipt to application. Should we submit the whole booklet for six month or we submit the just November 2018 and April 2019 cash booklet this 2 months should cover six months. Or we tear off the duplicate off the receipts for the month of Nov 2018 April 2019.

Advice pls.

Bro long time . It will come through for you by HIS grace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by iykedpetes(m): 6:53pm On May 05, 2019
sillysassysally:
TRV UPDATE 28/04/2019

Hi Nairaland fam,
Happy Sunday!!!

Over the week, we had only one approval that was shared... Apart from that, things haven’t changed much. I still want to encourage those that have not shared their timeline to please do as this exercise would help us establish a timeline around how CIC operates. For those that have submitted their timeline but haven't shared all the information we need, please help us in sharing the outstanding information. In particular, we still need information on school resumption date and application type (new or re) from the following people; Godatwork23, Oni2019, docsaj, Cutieflaky, Klem28, Udomas, Ancy 26, Omarzx, and Iykedpetes, while we need information on the date that Valprincx upfront medical status was updated to passed. Also, if anyone has received an update (i.e. medical requests, eligibility, etc), please share because as it stands now, almost all of us are still on background check.

By the look of things, it seems as though CIC is giving priority to those with closer resumption dates. Roughly 90% of the people resuming in May have all gotten feedback on their application – even though some of them applied after some applicants resuming in Aug-19 and Sep-19 applied.

In addition, Processing time on CIC website has fallen to 9 weeks from 10 weeks in the preceding week and from about >20 weeks last year. The trend going forward is left to see but we can only hope that it continues to trend downwards. I reckon this isn't a peak period.

Finally, if you guys have any ideas on how we can present this information better or what else we can add to it or remove from it, I am always open any adjustment that'll make this better.

It shall end in praise!
applicant:New
Resumption date :Fall 2019
Medical request :non for now
Online application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 6:57pm On May 05, 2019
Austacus:
Oga frank, greetings from maple land

Nwannem Austacus! I greet you. How is life treating you over there?. I am happy to see you here again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 7:01pm On May 05, 2019
nonipeter:
Frank please my school told me that I didn't meet the requirements for my under graduate program but they told me about alternate application Please I didn't know I will do please advice me well

Don't restrict yourself to a particular institution. What program are you going for? You can check University of Regina and Winnipeg they are generally very fast in issuing admission letters to applicants provided your grades at high School are good.

Keep me updated as you progress
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 7:11pm On May 05, 2019
chibertha:
I have not gotten notice of that yet, and can't check my portal since my application refused to be linked.
So I just make do with emails from them.

Try linking your application with your passport details.... i.e issuance date and expiry date instead of PLACE OF BIRTH
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hurricanesgrace: 7:27pm On May 05, 2019
January February applicants, has anybody gotten response from cic after sending the webform to inquire about their application. For it has passed the processing time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kpizzle: 7:39pm On May 05, 2019
Hi, I am sending u a PM. @Austin/Makano/04viber02 has been supporting May/June/July 2018 applicants. I wonder why you are not aware. Please check your mail and let's connect.

Kishkosh:
Hello guys,
Great work you guys are doing @frankrobbn1, makano, bracha, qudcom and host of other invaluable gurus.

Guys , I'm thinking of withdrawing my application after a long wait since June 2018 and apply afresh.
I have sent several CSE and mails and even ordered for my GCMS note( which I didn't really see any substantial reason for the delay in it )

Will the withdrawal have any negative implication on my next application or I should just continue to keep all hopes alive .
NB , my school resumes 1st of Sept and I know we are nearing the peak period of TRV applicants .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tvickie(f): 7:42pm On May 05, 2019
Ajibolaoi:
My good people here....plscome to my aid ooo. I applied for Master of Nursing in 2 different University in Canada(Alberta and Saskachwan) and i was denied by the 2 University. I graduated 2016 BNSC with 3.75 CGPA.
I have my RN, RM and Public health certificate. I am currently working with a University Teaching Hospital.
Please kindly help me oooo....
Which University can i apply to that will give me admission.
Also, i will like to know from people experience if University in Canada offer admission for international student for Master in nursing.

Thank you, i look forward to hearing from you.
Try Thompson rivers university and university of Manitoba

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 7:48pm On May 05, 2019
Chibertha here's a way to link your application.

mightyola:
I did a simple search on google to get this information. I hope this will help you and any other applicant who wants to link his\her application online. Cheers!!

LINKING YOUR PAPER APPLICATION ONLINE

Steps to link your Study permit paper application online;

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DONOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by iny7531: 7:54pm On May 05, 2019
Hi gurus in the house please am new here and i have a little challenge on how to link my paper application, i applied on the 12th April and i tracked my application and its says NO RECORD's FOUND i used the tracking number got from VFS GLOBAL office in Abuja where i submitted my application. for Fall 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AyoPrudence(m): 7:58pm On May 05, 2019
I wouldn't mind sending you my SOP for proofreading. Please let me know where to send it.
@Bracha @Frankrobbn1
Bracha:
AyoPrudence and Crusader6 please drop your messages here, I don't have the mental energy to respond via email or social media.

Thanks for understanding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:07pm On May 05, 2019
You have waited for 11 months only for u to be thinking of withdrawing ur application.. Why didn't u withdraw when it was 4, 5, 6 months. Its now when they are almost giving u a reply that's when u thinking of withdrawing.. There is nothing bad in withdrawing ur application tho as it wont have any negative effect on ur application.. I have actually noticed one thing about those nitwits called VOs, they tend to reply May/June/July after 10-11 months to 1 year and 2 months, which means they will give u a reply by latest early July.. So still have patience till late June/early July, if u dnt get a reply form them (which I doubt) then u can even go ahead and burn down their office.. Ma 2 cents.. Peace
Kishkosh:
Hello guys,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:10pm On May 05, 2019
U must be a funny human being tho, the post directly before this ur post is actually an answer to ur question... Dont let me say more than this, just do the needful.. Peace
iny7531:
Hi gurus in the house please am new here and i have a little challenge on how to link my paper application, i applied on the 12th April and i tracked my application and its says NO RECORD's FOUND i used the tracking number got from VFS GLOBAL office in Abuja where i submitted my application. for Fall 2019

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nochyks87: 8:28pm On May 05, 2019
Good evening all. A big thumbs up to your efforts at attending to different questions and issues @ Gurus. I got on not too long ago. I submitted my study permit on the 6th of April. I didn't include my tuition deposit receipt as I didn't receive it on time. Also didn't include my salary SOA. Although I have a third party sponsor. Do I send the above documents through the web form or wait for the VO to ask for it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:42pm On May 05, 2019
There is no harm or cime in sending them through the webform. U just have to explain to them that u omitted these 2 important documents, after which they will receive and add them to ur file.. You can as well send it through mail to the official email address of the office handling ur application. Peace
nochyks87:
Good evening all. A big thumbs up to your efforts at attending to different questions and issues @ Gurus. I got on not too long ago. I submitted my study permit on the 6th of April. I didn't include my tuition deposit receipt as I didn't receive it on time. Also didn't include my salary SOA. Although I have a third party sponsor. Do I send the above documents through the web form or wait for the VO to ask for it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by iny7531: 8:47pm On May 05, 2019
makano:
U must be a funny human being tho, the post directly before this ur post is actually an answer to ur question... Dont let me say more than this, just do the needful.. Peace
yea..i just did.. pardon me i did not see it on time. but am seeing your application not found
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 8:51pm On May 05, 2019
My brother, I have used all the options there still nothing. I even had to check my details from a copy of the application.
Any way I rest my case for now.

Frankrobbn1:

Try linking your application with your passport details.... i.e issuance date and expiry date instead of PLACE OF BIRTH
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 9:01pm On May 05, 2019
before I cried out my sister I had used all options provided using a copy of my application to look at so there won't be any mistakes yet nothing

for now, I would let it be.

Bracha:
Chibertha here's a way to link your application.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 9:05pm On May 05, 2019
I had this issue too.but I got a mail to do biometrics and in the mail,my application number was there.it was my application number I eventually used to link it.i dnt know if u have your application number,if u do,try using it...
chibertha:
before I cried out my sister I had used all options provided using a copy of my application to look at so there won't be any mistakes yet nothing

for now, I would let it be.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mofpearl: 9:08pm On May 05, 2019
Ajibolaoi:
My good people here....plscome to my aid ooo. I applied for Master of Nursing in 2 different University in Canada(Alberta and Saskachwan) and i was denied by the 2 University. I graduated 2016 BNSC with 3.75 CGPA.
I have my RN, RM and Public health certificate. I am currently working with a University Teaching Hospital.
Please kindly help me oooo....
Which University can i apply to that will give me admission.
Also, i will like to know from people experience if University in Canada offer admission for international student for Master in nursing.

Thank you, i look forward to hearing from you.

You can try Dalhousie Unuversity.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:18pm On May 05, 2019
Hi, if you've reached the point where you want your SOP to be reviewed, then I'm assuming you're close to applying. If that is the case, I'm sorry I can't help you right now. It takes a lot of mental energy for me to review documents, when there's a laptop, and even more mental energy when I don't have one around - which is the case right now. I'll plead with you to please ask someone else; hopefully someone else would be willing to help.

But if things change before you apply, I'll let you know.

Thank you.

AyoPrudence:
I wouldn't mind sending you my SOP for proofreading. Please let me know where to send it.
@Bracha @Frankrobbn1

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60