Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (873434 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:40am On May 07, 2019
nalizzzy:
dont fill the employment questionnaire

how certain is this assertion?!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:49am On May 07, 2019
akinsanmiobafemi:
Hello all. New to this section and need some info.

Had a HND (distinction) in 2008. Finished NYSC in 2010. Can my HND be used to pursue a master's degree in Canada?

Thanks in anticipation of prompt responses.

You stand a better chance in pursuit of a PGD/PGC or a Bachelor with a HND than a Master

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:02pm On May 07, 2019
Bracha:
Hi,

I'm seriously the worst person to ask this question, because I don't believe an applicant has to prove the source of their funds to the VO. I believe that so long as the money in the account covers tuition + 10kcad and some extra is left for the sponsor's use, they're good to go.

Please wait for the others to answer because I'm certain my answer isn't what you want.

Really?!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:04pm On May 07, 2019
Kez911:

Don't make things complicated for yourself...no vo will ask for source of your funds...

what do you understand by source of funds please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by prehill23: 12:08pm On May 07, 2019
Pls i finish secondary school since 2013 please ist possible to pursue my university career in canada, i need held please and school that can easily give me admission your reply will be highly appreciated,
Pls dont refer me to the privious page because theres no step by step on how to go about it, the pages are full ofquestion and answers, no step by step process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:09pm On May 07, 2019
pittoilet:
Greetings, I have been following this and previous threads and it has been really helpful. I just have a quick question. For those that applied online, what documents did you upload? I already uploaded loa and receipt of payment, passport photograph, international passport. For the proof of funds column, what documents needs to be uploaded?
This should answer your question. However you need to ensure that your documents are presented in a uniform manner in order to avoid confusion. Also ensure that when you compress your files ensure that the quality isn't lost.

[b]Application for study permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the study permit form.

Passport (required) - Upload your international passport.

Letter of Acceptance (required ) - Upload your letter of acceptance from the school.

Proof of means of financial support - Upload your Sponsorship letter, Affidavit of support, bank statements, payslips, sponsor's source of income (like- employment letters, introduction letters from employer, promotions letter etc.) or bussines documents (CAC certificates, tax clearance certificate, article of association and memorandum etc..) Also, include your already paid tuition receipt in this section (if any).

Digital Photo (required) - Upload your Passport Photograph. The passport size should be between 60KB to 240KB and the dimension should be 420X540.

Family Information (IMM5645) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the family form.

Schedule 1- Application for a temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada (IMM5257) (required) - Complete and Upload the form.

Client Information (required) - Upload your SOP/LOE, degree certificates, transcripts, birth certificates, recommendation letters from past and present employers, NYSC discharge papers, your work ID, your employment letters, resume etc... (every supporting documents should be uploaded in this section).
I hope you find the above information useful. [/b]

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Schonebaby: 12:14pm On May 07, 2019
Wow! What a day!
Approval ALERT Guys.....
I'll update my timeline soon....I'm so freaking excited
Thank you so much for your immense help on this forum
Every one I can't start mentioning @Frank @Juleskiki @Sally @Qudkom @JustMellow @Oluwaseunbd @kinky @Viber @Austacus @every other person not mentioned.
Thank you Jesus for making a somebody out of a nobody!!!!
#nomorehardfeelingsoooo #approvalissweet

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by prehill23: 12:21pm On May 07, 2019
Pls i finish secondary school since 2013, please is it possible to pursue my university career in canada,if yes, please i need help on school that can easily give me admission, your reply will be highly appreciated,
Pls dont refer me to the privious page because theres no step by step on how to go about it, the pages are full of questions and answers, no step by step process
(Modify) (Quote) (
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 12:21pm On May 07, 2019
Approval alert !!!
Update later....

Thank you nairaland family for the advice and words of encouragement

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:22pm On May 07, 2019
mur231:

Alright Sir.. thanks once again for your response.
You mentioned using courier service in your previous reply and I'm considering it already. But I will need to call the UK Canadian embassy or whoever that handles online application from Nigeria. Sir, I will be very grateful if you can assist me in getting their contact number. Thanks!

At the moment, Nairobi does almost all the SP processing for online or paper. Its good idea to call the Canadian embassy. I don't have any contact number but below is what i found online but no guarantee if they would pick or not but you can give it a try.

Calls from within Canada: 1 888 242 2100
Calls from outside of Canada: 1 613 944 4000

you should include +

BTW anybody who has a direct number can as well help out.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:22pm On May 07, 2019
Schonebaby:
Wow! What a day!
Approval ALERT Guys.....
Every one I can't start mentioning @Frank @Juleskiki @Sally @Qudkom @JustMellow @Oluwaseunbd @kinky @Viber @Austacus @every other person not mentioned.
congrats indeed am happy for you cause you where angry at a point and you want to deactivate your account but God use this to calm you down and put smile on your face cause your intentions where clean and you wanted to help.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 12:23pm On May 07, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Schonebaby:
Wow! What a day!
Approval ALERT Guys.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 12:24pm On May 07, 2019
WOW WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Oluwaseunbd:
Approval alert !!!
Update later....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deebee23: 12:24pm On May 07, 2019
Glory be to God my application has been approved!!!

Details will be shared later.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 12:25pm On May 07, 2019
WOOOOOOOOOW
AM I THE ONLY ONE THATS ABOUT TO RUN MAD?
THIS APPROVAL SPREE IS AMAZING!!!!

deebee23:
Glory be to God my application has been approved!!!

Details will be shared later.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Schonebaby: 12:31pm On May 07, 2019
sillysassysally:
WOW WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks sweetie

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cypapi: 12:39pm On May 07, 2019
Thanks for the assistance here thus far.
Here is my case: I got an admission to study a diploma at Georgian College last year(2018) and after submitting my application for TRV, I was refused(GCMS note screenshot attached below).

Now, I recently got admitted to Cambrian College to study a one-year postgraduate certificate program. My question is:
1. What are my chances of acceptance?
2. Can I still make use of the Police Certificate obtained last year for this year's TRV application?
3. How best should I tackle the situations listed in my refusal letter?
4. When re-applying, do I sign-up as a new user by creating a new application or do I log-in with the same details I had last year?

I look forward to your responses. Thanks.

I also got admitted to Cambrain College, September 3rd Fall. pls let linkup...PM or I just do now...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by justwise(m): 12:45pm On May 07, 2019
Schonebaby:

Oga,
Have i done anything wrong with what I said? [b]U can see I'm an applicant just like him. [/b]Am I advertising any product or what? So the fact that I said I wanted to go through his application with him was an issue? Have I ever posted such a thing before?
Na wa o
You can delete me from the forum, it does not affect my life and destiny. In Nigeria, there is no freedom to do anything. If the bad economy will not hound you, the leaders and mini semi leaders will frustrate your life.
My God woow!

So you are also an applicant like him and you are asking him to contact you for info? That you want him to get it right when reapplying? What is so special about your private conversation that can't be said openly here? How are you sure that whatever you are going to tell him in private is correct and will lead to visa approval?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by justwise(m): 12:47pm On May 07, 2019
Schonebaby:
In fact I'm going to deactivate myself right now and not give you the pleasure of doing so.
Have a nice life

Go ahead and you don't need to announce it, login with another ID or view as a guest and see if this thread will go down because you left

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 12:49pm On May 07, 2019
Bro calm down...the issue has already died down....no vex abeg
justwise:

Go ahead and you don't need to announce it, login with another ID or view ass a guest and see if this thread will go down because you left

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:52pm On May 07, 2019
Schonebaby:
Wow! What a day!
Approval ALERT Guys.....

you've also been of immense help here too. From katakata to Galala. Big congratulations.

As the music has changed, please try to make peace with @justwise for the initiative to assemble everyone of common goal together here. If we all should dwell in hostilities, the thread won't be meaning irrespective of the passed informations.

@justwise please also try to be flexible with the laid rules so we won't start comparing you to Kim J Un of North Korea.

Good bless your new Joy @Schonebaby

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by EkpeEkpe: 12:55pm On May 07, 2019
Dear people, do you think it is too late in the year to apply? I have only just successfully gathered all my documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by justwise(m): 12:55pm On May 07, 2019
AgroNACT:

Dear @justwise and @Schonebaby,

I really understand your concern, and you are really not to be blamed, we really cannot easily trust one another or think that our neighbour has good intentions because of the scar that has been engraved inadvertently on our memories due to bad governance and which brought serious economic hiccups.

As a result, the international communities view us under the lens of enormous doubt, unlike the times of Afe Babalola, Bennet Omalu, Chimamanda, Babalola Borisade (Late), Akinwumi Adesina etc. when good academic intentions and ambition could easily get you a Visa as a genuine student without the need to come from a Bill-gate-like Nigerian background.

However, I have had personal chat and phone call with the Moniker (@Schonebaby) and the said Moniker did not ask me for anything, neither has the person mentioned an agent or trying to make business transaction out of my predicament. It seems like I caught the Moniker's attention simply because we are of the same discipline, though with a level of graduate degree higher than mine.

It is on the strength of the above that i want to clarify the the Moniker (@Schonebaby) is a genuine person, with good intention to assist based on related experience with same spirit as that of a good Nairalander.

I thank you @Schonebaby and @justwise for interest in my case.

Nigeria must work and we must keep contributing to her progress without relenting.

Sincerely,
AgroNACT.

I think you are missing the point here, this thread is here for people to share their experiences to help others AND when you make mistake openly others will correct you but this is not the case with private conversation, imagine what will happen if everybody contributing here goes private? This thread will die naturally.

Don't take whatever you read here as absolute truth, do your own research and ask questions

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 12:56pm On May 07, 2019
Please vex ooooohhhh!!!!... Lol... Chia!!!..

I'm just very happy this afternoon... Congratulations to that got their Application approved today, so far, hoping to get more alerts before the day ends....

Wish you all the best......

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:58pm On May 07, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
Approval alert !!!
Update later....

Wow! I was subtly looking forward to your application. Big Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 4evaco: 1:00pm On May 07, 2019
Schonebaby:
Wow! What a day!
Approval ALERT Guys.....

Congratulations Schonebaby. I'm very happy for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.